Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2010 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
meh
Aug 17, 2010 4:17 AM

May 2010
whole episode about Halibel recall her past while dying...

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Aug 17, 2010 4:21 AM

Dec 2009
it was ok... but next episode should be awesome ^^
yuno6.jpg
Aug 17, 2010 5:12 AM

Apr 2009
meh meh, ok episode.

but putting their past after they die its kinda useless..

imagine if we'd know about them BEFORE this war.. their death would be more important/emotional etc..

now we just dont care about them -_-

oh and next episode teh 'sacrifice' :D
Aug 17, 2010 5:16 AM

Jan 2010
Halibel's past in this episode ... those three are funny when they are quareling ^^
Aug 17, 2010 5:18 AM

Apr 2009
Chidori1 said:
did ya saw 284 from Bleach...Where???

animetake
animefreak.tv
Aug 17, 2010 7:03 AM

Jan 2010
Not bad, but I think I liked that hammerhead guy better than some of the espada.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Aug 17, 2010 7:06 AM
Dec 2009
Better than most of the episodes. Hope she survived though.
Aug 17, 2010 7:14 AM

May 2009
Huh, Grimmjow was there.

Aug 17, 2010 7:35 AM
Jul 2008
It was okey but I hope the next episode will be better.
Aug 17, 2010 7:36 AM

Dec 2007
Poor Halibel :/
Aug 17, 2010 8:34 AM

Feb 2010
kch33 said:
whole episode about Halibel recall her past while dying...

Yeah :(

But at the end with Yoruichi was funny like hell :D
Aug 17, 2010 8:48 AM
Jan 2009
Well at least I felt something for Hallibel.
I felt shit for Stark.
So now lets see,the Shinigami's are good,the Hollows are not that bad.
The only bad guy is Aizen.

Now I suppose the shinigami's and hollows will band together to fight against Aizen.
Lame
Aug 17, 2010 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
borrrring ......
Aug 17, 2010 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
Aizen, you BASTARD!!!
Aug 17, 2010 10:29 AM

May 2010
R.I.P Halibel :(
Natsu's Rage !!

Aug 17, 2010 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
hmpf, filler episode that made little to no sense. Well at least it was half decent, could've been worse.
Aug 17, 2010 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
meh, it was alright. Now they fight Wonderweiss maybe?
Aug 17, 2010 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
mmh not bad but.. a little bored
Aug 17, 2010 10:45 AM

Jan 2010
Intresting to see that HM was acually a Male Dominated world. And that Hollows have actual genders.
And judging from this picture:

Theres possibility of mating prolly, at some higher stages of Hollow evolution.
StarbrowAug 17, 2010 10:53 AM
Aug 17, 2010 12:22 PM

Mar 2010
Well at least she a backstory.
Aug 17, 2010 12:53 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
More sympathy for the bad guys...wonderful. Please let this be the last flashback. I can't remember if it is.
Aug 17, 2010 1:49 PM

Mar 2009
what a lame episode. i hated it
Aug 17, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
uh oh.... time for the real fight to begin!!!
Aug 17, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2008
Starbrow said:
Intresting to see that HM was acually a Male Dominated world. And that Hollows have actual genders.

but it was filler episode, so don't jump to conclusions.
Aug 17, 2010 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
zero_suls said:
Starbrow said:

It was a flashback hence not a filler.
Aug 17, 2010 3:53 PM

Apr 2010
Not bad.. Slightly boring.. but pretty interesting :)
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Aug 17, 2010 4:10 PM

May 2008
Starbrow said:
zero_suls said:
Starbrow said:

but this scene wasn't in manga, hence filler
Aug 17, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
I personally loved this episode. Best episode for a long time (nice relaxation from the shit episodes we've been given lately). I can see where the mistake was though. Putting actual character development, story, and genuine emotion into a series most people only watch for the fights was the mistake.

lmao, what kind of effing logic is that!? X]

Aug 17, 2010 5:22 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
Lucjan said:
I personally loved this episode. Best episode for a long time (nice relaxation from the shit episodes we've been given lately). I can see where the mistake was though. Putting actual character development, story, and genuine emotion into a series most people only watch for the fights was the mistake.

lol a flashback is a filler with backstory vs a plain old stupid filler that has no relation to the main story.

this ep was decent since they gave so much attention to her i have a feeling she will be a char like grimjow and make a re appearance somwhere down the line.

the next ep is going to be great
it could be worse
they could have ended it with aizens to be continued screen
and started a double filler arc up again like they did before.
if that happens i will say fcck it and read the manga.
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Aug 17, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
all the shonen resently been shit
Aug 17, 2010 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
fatstarr said:

the next ep is going to be great
it could be worse
they could have ended it with aizens to be continued screen
and started a double filler arc up again like they did before.
if that happens i will say fcck it and read the manga.

The manga's even worse than the anime, oddly.

Aug 17, 2010 6:51 PM

Oct 2009
Another great ep...

Halibel will always be remembered as a G....
Peoplestring - where you get paid to use the web as you please - http://www.peoplestring.com/?f=xenoknight.

Project Xeno Origin - my organization for RPG lovers and localization efforts - https://www.facebook.com/PXOrigin

http://nekoo.hostzi.com/C.S.E.A.G/1000+%20LE/Public/page8/Xenoknight.png
Aug 17, 2010 9:22 PM
Sep 2009
Best part about the episode was Yoruichi trying to teach the cats how to control humans LOL
Aug 17, 2010 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Sexism?

In Hueco Mundo?

LOL.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 17, 2010 11:07 PM

May 2009
Turned out a little better than what I expect after seeing the preview last week. Still, glad it's done.
Aug 17, 2010 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
That's a bit much flashback, isn't it?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 17, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2009
It's probably just my horrible memory, but I don't remember this being n the manga... Filler?
Aug 17, 2010 11:58 PM

Jan 2010
Lucjan said:

Kubo most likely is using the anime to explain what he couldn't in the Manga due to the Time/Space constraints. This was a really long flashback afterall.
Aug 18, 2010 12:00 AM

Apr 2009
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

Kubo most likely is using the anime to explain what he couldn't in the Manga due to the Time/Space constraints. This was a really long flashback afterall.

tl;dr He's drawing out the anime so it doesn't catch up to the manga.
Aug 18, 2010 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
Since when did Kubo write the script for the Bleach anime!? You guys are just making stuff up as you go.

Aug 18, 2010 12:04 AM

Jan 2010
Lucjan said:
Since when did Kubo write the script for the Bleach anime!? You guys are just making stuff up as you go.

Well he is not going to explain Harribel's past in the manga anymore. That theme is closed.
So logically Anime is the only way to add the missing bits.

ReaperEXE said:
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

That would be Filler Arcs and small 2-3 Episodes parts in between main story. Adding a filler part in 1 single episode would not help him make distance between Manga and anime.
StarbrowAug 18, 2010 12:07 AM
Aug 18, 2010 1:33 AM

Jul 2010
I found it's easier to teach cats the Meow Mix jingle than to want tuna in Japanese, unless they're saying that Japanese is so easy to learn, a feline can do it. Though, if those cats were told that, they'd probably storm off mad like cavemen.
a knife and a fork
Aug 18, 2010 1:38 AM

Oct 2009
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

Well he is not going to explain Harribel's past in the manga anymore. That theme is closed.

Kubo had nothing to do with this filler flashback. Kubo does not write the Bleach scripts. I imagine he mildly moderates the show as a way to avoid mishaps, but he is not a writer.

Aug 18, 2010 2:37 AM

Jan 2010
Lucjan said:
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

Kubo had nothing to do with this filler flashback. Kubo does not write the Bleach scripts. I imagine he mildly moderates the show as a way to avoid mishaps, but he is not a writer.

*sigh* It doesnt matter if he is involved or not in Anime production. Since the flashback is following the main storyline in the anime, its canon, untill proven othervise in the manga.
Aug 18, 2010 2:46 AM

Jun 2008
Dramon said:
Well at least I felt something for Hallibel.
I felt shit for Stark.

The same with me. Stark seem completely useless and uninteresting. NO.1 Espada my ass.

BTW if Hallibel ate more she would have been really scary huh?

BTW Aizen. I think you made a wrong use of Hallibel if you get my drift.

Do we now have confirmation that at least the 4 top Espada are Vasto Lords?
Aug 18, 2010 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Starbrow said:
ReaperEXE said:
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

That would be Filler Arcs and small 2-3 Episodes parts in between main story. Adding a filler part in 1 single episode would not help him make distance between Manga and anime.
I do not share the same insight. Putting distance between the anime and manga is exactly what he did, no matter how you look at it. Saying otherwise is like saying what you just watched never physically existed... Kubo/staff/whatever/etc. probably is just too lazy to come up with original filler content so he's just throwing in random elaborations wherever he feels like.
ReaperEXEAug 18, 2010 3:28 AM
Aug 18, 2010 3:56 AM

Jun 2009
Starbrow said:

And why is that? One single filler episode is still a weeks worth of not catching up to the manga. Of course it helps keeping the distance.

Starbrow said:

*sigh* It doesnt matter if he is involved or not in Anime production. Since the flashback is following the main storyline in the anime, its canon, untill proven othervise in the manga.

No, it isn't canon. At least not as far as I'm concerned.
I mean just look at how little sense this ep made. The Vasto Lorde were introduced as being on par with, if not stonger, than the captains. And now some random arrancar-turned Adjuchas COMPLETELY mops the floor with Harribel? How the hell do you explain crap like that?
This was filler content, nothing else because it has no impact whatsoever on the storyline. Kubo killed Harribel off without any background information, because it isn't important (in his view).

And as the anime staff is always struggling to keep behind the manga, they sometimes just come up with random ideas to spice up the manga here and there. But even if it doesn't start a plotline of it's own, it's still filler.
Aug 18, 2010 4:52 AM

Oct 2009
Starbrow said:

Your logic is seriously effed up. You make absolutely no sense! And if that wasn't enough, you're just making crap up now. No, it isn't canon. If you don't understand the definitions of words, don't use them, as well as don't leech on evidently incorrect summations. For something to be canon, it need to originally come from the manga. This flashback did not come from the manga, thus, it wasn't canon.

And no, you go look it up in the manga. That isn't my responsibility.

Aug 18, 2010 6:14 AM

Jan 2010
Tharand said:
Starbrow said:

And why is that? One single filler episode is still a weeks worth of not catching up to the manga. Of course it helps keeping the distance.

Starbrow said:

No, it isn't canon. At least not as far as I'm concerned.
I mean just look at how little sense this ep made. The Vasto Lorde were introduced as being on par with, if not stonger, than the captains. And now some random arrancar-turned Adjuchas COMPLETELY mops the floor with Harribel? How the hell do you explain crap like that?
This was filler content, nothing else because it has no impact whatsoever on the storyline. Kubo killed Harribel off without any background information, because it isn't important (in his view).

And as the anime staff is always struggling to keep behind the manga, they sometimes just come up with random ideas to spice up the manga here and there. But even if it doesn't start a plotline of it's own, it's still filler.

VL introduction was over hyped by manga, same as was with SS Captains. Kenpachi vs Ichigo fight, Ikkaku vs Choe Neng Poww( Barragan Fraccion), Renji vs Szayel and Rukia vs Aaroniero Arruruerie - Ikkaku and Ranji both had Bankai yet they lost while Ichigo and Rukia won with out using Bankai. Beeing a VL or Captain doesnt really means much in Bleach. Captains just like VL's come with different power levels and experience.
In Halibel vs Arrancar fight there are 2 key factors to Halibels defeat:
1) Halibel was weakned by refusing devouring other hollows
2) Arrancara had a reiatsu equil or higher to Halibels and used Hierro. Halibel couldn't cut deep enough through his Hierro which lead to her defeat.
And if you think Hierro is weak, just look the fighting between Yoruichi and Yammi.
Dont underestimate the power of Hogyoku.

ReaperEXE said:
Starbrow said:
ReaperEXE said:
Starbrow said:
Lucjan said:

I do not share the same insight. Putting distance between the anime and manga is exactly what he did, no matter how you look at it. Saying otherwise is like saying what you just watched never physically existed... Kubo/staff/whatever/etc. probably is just too lazy to come up with original filler content so he's just throwing in random elaborations wherever he feels like.

Then why didnt they do the same for Ulquiorra and all other Espada?
Do not underestimate Animes production stuff please.
Flashback is canon, there was just no place for it in manga, as it was to long to fit in.
StarbrowAug 18, 2010 7:18 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.