Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aug 16, 2010 5:26 AM

Sep 2007
I happy for you to have the first post. XD
Anyways, the new arc will begin.
Aug 16, 2010 5:26 AM

Sep 2007
EDIT : Oh fu ... Two posts. -_-
Aug 16, 2010 6:01 AM

Dec 2009
Awww... i really wanted to see Lucy's show ...
Gothic Loli Erza = win <3
Aug 16, 2010 6:12 AM

Aug 2009
Natsu=Simon's VA
Laxus=Kamina's VA

Just throwing that out there.

Anyway, yay, my favorite arc is underway.
Aug 16, 2010 7:01 AM

May 2008
Gray angry for Erza? ;DDDD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 16, 2010 7:05 AM
Jul 2010
rawr favorite arc inc:D!
Aug 16, 2010 7:25 AM

Mar 2010
Yay new arc underway! Should be good XD
Aug 16, 2010 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
woot the ladies in there swim suits
alwaysbored said:
Awww...

and thats just cheating trapping everyone strong so they have no chance of winning
Aug 16, 2010 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
Plue was absolutely adorable!
Aug 16, 2010 7:50 AM
Jun 2010
lol those new characters have hax abilities :-/

Aug 16, 2010 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
I love it when the minors get some of the spotlight.

Laxus's team seem really cool; Freed seems too smug (can't stand that character type), yet overall, they're interesting.
(I never even thought of tatooing my tounge)
As for Laxus, it's a shame such a sweet child grew up to become 'that'.:P
(you're never too old for a whopped backside however, remember that grandad)

I have to say, and I appologise in advance, but Juvia is really annoying me.:(
I don't know why, I just grew bored of anime fangirls a few years back.

Cana is hot, not that I'm promoting alcoholism, yet she's looking good considering.;)
Then again, she's young, she'll have to hope she age gracefully.

Aug 16, 2010 8:45 AM

May 2010
sexy ladies in swimsuits <3 xD

seems those new guys are pretty strong :O
now the action has started :P
Knight231Aug 16, 2010 9:02 AM
Natsu's Rage !!

Aug 16, 2010 9:58 AM

Feb 2010
I already hated Laxus. Now I hate him even more...!!
Aug 16, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
yeah miss fairy taile contest :P and that stupid evergreen ruined it shame on her

and natsu dump like ever ;) looking forward to this arc.
Aug 16, 2010 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode, looking forward to seeing what will happen. Don't wanna read the manga because the character design is horrible there >_>
Aug 16, 2010 10:55 AM

Sep 2009
yay new arc!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 16, 2010 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
Love this arc, final battle is gonna be great.

Contest was good too :D
Aug 16, 2010 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
that green girl has the same powers as Boa Hancock from Onepiece o_O

interesting, will this be the last arc?
Aug 16, 2010 12:47 PM
Mar 2010
smokes said:

Possibly. This arc should reach it's end at roughly episode 50-52. They've removed all foreshadowing the manga had for anything beyond this arc. However they did add a small bit of their own foreshadowing for the next arc.

I suspect that the initial deal was for 50 odd episodes to cover up through the end of this arc, and anything beyond that would depend upon how successful the series was.

What we're seeing could go either way. The decision could have been made to extend the anime past this arc, and the removed material could have remained removed either because the long term fate is still uncertain, or because the episodes were already completed and it simply wasn't cost effective to go back and rework several new minutes of material back in. Alternatively the series could be ending with this arc, and the small bit of foreshadowing they added was to give themselves a reasonable amount of wiggle room if another arc was greenlit.

It's impossible to confirm anything at this point, as no announcement on the length of the series has ever been made.
Aug 16, 2010 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
dude, those runes give me chills. they're pretty awesome.
Aug 16, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
What I'm wondering is isn't Hirano retiring from VA'ing? Won't that affect the rest of the show?

I mean, they could recast but...
Aug 16, 2010 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
I hope Mystogan will show up to coming few episodes, always wanted to see him fight.

Those 3 new folks don't seem like the types that belong in Fairy Tail and neither does Laxus for that mater.
One thing i am wondering about tho if Laxus and his bodyguards are so strong then why don't they make there own guild?
It should be easy with there power.
smokes said:
She also has the same powers as Medusa from Greek mythology, only difference is that she doesn't have snakes as hair.
AversaAug 16, 2010 1:11 PM
Aug 16, 2010 1:21 PM

Mar 2010
GrayArchon said:
smokes said:

Possibly. This arc should reach it's end at roughly episode 50-52. They've removed all foreshadowing the manga had for anything beyond this arc. However they did add a small bit of their own foreshadowing for the next arc.

I suspect that the initial deal was for 50 odd episodes to cover up through the end of this arc, and anything beyond that would depend upon how successful the series was.

What we're seeing could go either way. The decision could have been made to extend the anime past this arc, and the removed material could have remained removed either because the long term fate is still uncertain, or because the episodes were already completed and it simply wasn't cost effective to go back and rework several new minutes of material back in. Alternatively the series could be ending with this arc, and the small bit of foreshadowing they added was to give themselves a reasonable amount of wiggle room if another arc was greenlit.

It's impossible to confirm anything at this point, as no announcement on the length of the series has ever been made.
Not quite remember the

Aversa said:
I hope Mystogan will show up to coming few episodes, always wanted to see him fight.

Those 3 new folks don't seem like the types that belong in Fairy Tail and neither does Laxus for that mater.
One thing i am wondering about tho if Laxus and his bodyguards are so strong then why don't they make there own guild?
It should be easy with there power.

Laxus sees Fairy Tail as his rightful inheritance since his grandfather is the leader.
Aug 16, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
OK, I didn't mind Laxus so much up to this point. I even liked his "a-hole" personality a little bit, but when you f*ck up my beauty contest with some of the hottest chicks in anime... then you gotta go DOWN! Natsu, Gajeel, get out of that barrier and f*ck him up!

Great episode by the way, I love the idea of having the guys fight amongst themselves to get their girls.

Aug 16, 2010 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
I find it more interesting that Natsu is voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara, and that Laxus is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi. It's nice to see them play opposite each other again ^_^.
Aug 16, 2010 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
Cannot wait for NatsuXLaxus fight.

garfield15 said:
What I'm wondering is isn't Hirano retiring from VA'ing?
Why is she retiring???!! The voice changes a character completely especially in anime.
Aug 16, 2010 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
Laxus and his guards really done it this time =/
The battle itself is interesting though. :O
Aug 16, 2010 4:21 PM

Apr 2010
Yay for a new arc!
And I thought I hated Laxus before.. Geez!
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Aug 16, 2010 4:44 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
I can think of so many messed up things to do with those runes incantations.
Aug 16, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
Rojer123 said:
I already hated Laxus. Now I hate him even more...!!

one generally dislikes a character that is designed to be disliked. he is no more of a bad guy than a bear chasing a running kid.

i suppose this will turn out to be good. in the end he can just make the runes make him the winner even if he were to lose. whatever the case it all turns out the same.
Aug 16, 2010 5:41 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
Natsu=Simon's VA
Laxus=Kamina's VA

Just throwing that out there.

Anyway, yay, my favorite arc is underway.

Oh, you're right. I haven't heard of Kamina's voice for awhile, so I didn't catch it. But it was easy to hear to Natsu's voice.

Aug 16, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
great start to next arc so far :) cant wait for upcoming fights (and for mystogan to come)!

and i dont think the manga says it clearly but anyways...how come Natsu cannot go past the invisible wall? o_o
sallym613Aug 16, 2010 6:56 PM
Aug 16, 2010 7:14 PM

Aug 2009
sallym613 said:

and i dont think the manga says it clearly but anyways...how come Natsu cannot go past the invisible wall? o_o

I don't think the manga explained that yet.
Aug 16, 2010 7:58 PM
Jul 2010
It's sad to see the show might be ending soon, what with all the rushing that I see the anime doing. It's a shame because I've had such high hopes for this series since I started getting into it about half a year ago. I realize Fairy Tail isn't exactly 'Big Three' material, but it's pretty damn good in its own right. If I remember correctly, FT was ranked like 4th in popularity for shonen series on OneManga, right below the Big Three. That is quite an accomplishment, even if OneManga rankings aren't exactly official, so to say.

I hope I'm completely wrong and that the anime will continue on past this arc.
Aug 16, 2010 8:23 PM

Sep 2009
ezra is so hot!!! she has won my vote over anyone
Aug 16, 2010 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
Some good parts, but surprisingly weak overall. Despite that I'm getting excited about this arc.
Aug 16, 2010 11:43 PM

May 2009
GrayArchon said:
smokes said:

I think it will end with this arc and to be honest i want it to end because it could have been better than this so i would like to see it end now and then hopefully get a better remake in a couple of years(like fma).
Aug 16, 2010 11:49 PM

Aug 2010
sweet ep, looks like things are firing up, i think ima wait a month to stack up these episodes and watch them all in one day. im really hating laxus, i hope natsu and gajeel pwns his ass together.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Aug 17, 2010 5:24 AM

Jun 2010
the runes change to red when natsu hit it....hm..
Aug 17, 2010 9:16 AM

Feb 2009
Damn, Fairy Tail's girls are so top notch. I was drooling a bit when they changed into swimsuits and especially Erza's outfit <3. But Laxus had to ruin it, grrr. Anyways, glad this arc is starting off pretty well, although the removal of the other parts of the manga may indicate that this is ending since those are kinda necessary for the future plot. But there is some hope since they did some foreshadowing back in Erza arc, though only manga readers noticed that. Argh, thinking about it won't help. Let's just kick back and watch the royal rumble.

Nice casting with the VAs. Archer as Freed and Kamina as Laxus. This is going to be sweet :) Anyone know who are the VAs of the other Raijin Tribe?
Aug 17, 2010 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
smokes said:

No. There will be more arc~ <3
Do not read this unless you read the manga...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2010 3:03 PM

Feb 2010
garfield15 said:
sallym613 said:

I don't think the manga explained that yet.

ooh okay..that was my initial thought
Aug 17, 2010 4:29 PM
Mar 2009
alwaysbored said:
Awww... i really wanted to see Lucy's show ...

my thoughts exactly

smokes said:

man does the author need that much inspiration for fairy tail?

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Aug 17, 2010 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
I'm don't see why they decide to show the Raijin Tribe's introduction of taking down an entire guild but they skipped out on Laxus defeating a guy at a bar. I mean, no matter how you look at it, even if the former was for the sake of introduction, it's still also for the sake of making them look powerful. Plus them beating up a guild for making fun of Fairy Tail ties in perfectly with Laxus's skipped bar fight scene.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Aug 17, 2010 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
Queen_Stars said:
I love it when the minors get some of the spotlight.

Laxus's team seem really cool; Freed seems too smug (can't stand that character type), yet overall, they're interesting.
(I never even thought of tatooing my tounge)
As for Laxus, it's a shame such a sweet child grew up to become 'that'.:P
(you're never too old for a whopped backside however, remember that grandad)

I have to say, and I appologise in advance, but Juvia is really annoying me.:(
I don't know why, I just grew bored of anime fangirls a few years back.

Cana is hot, not that I'm promoting alcoholism, yet she's looking good considering.;)
Then again, she's young, she'll have to hope she age gracefully.

Im actually LOL while reading your thought xDD

Fried Justine huh? i was thinking that...he s the coolest character in FAIRY TAIL ! 0.0!
I hope this will not be the last arc for the anime....cause' most people say that this is the last arc for fairy tail anime and maybe 50-52 comes to an end..

however , if they continue on the next arc of ORACION SEIS , it will be the greatest hit of all!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2010 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
so luxus makes his move, meanwhile all the girls of fairy tails strut their stuff
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 17, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
Woooo, I'm looking forward to this arc. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 18, 2010 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
Juvia's new hairstyle + Swimsuit is hawtness =D
Aug 18, 2010 11:30 AM

Jun 2008
someguy112 said:
Good episode, looking forward to seeing what will happen. Don't wanna read the manga because the character design is horrible there >_>

Someone needs an eye doctor and fast.

Anyway e really did skip a few manga chapters but this episode i guess wasn't that bad. Goth loli for the win lol.
Nice place for your fairy tail tattoo Juvia.
And that other guy has it on his tongue.
It makes you wonder what other places those tattoos might be.

Laxu's game leaves me indifferent. His just an idiot with stupid ideas.

smokes said:

Yeah, i guess this is the last arc since they are skipping chapters and all. It probably means they are running out of episodes.

Seeker said:
I'm don't see why they decide to show the Raijin Tribe's introduction of taking down an entire guild but they skipped out on Laxus defeating a guy at a bar. I mean, no matter how you look at it, even if the former was for the sake of introduction, it's still also for the sake of making them look powerful. Plus them beating up a guild for making fun of Fairy Tail ties in perfectly with Laxus's skipped bar fight scene.

Have you not noticed that the guys making this anime are idiots? Actually that goes for almost all big shounen titles.

BTW, full pantie views are not allowed on TV i see.
MonadAug 18, 2010 11:50 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
3 hours ago

» Do you agree with the idea of ​​adding blood to Fairy Tail ? ( 1 2 )

Satan-sama - Aug 3, 2013

58 by ModsZone »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

138 by phantom346 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

110 by phantom346 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

116 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.