Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2008 1:48 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ZOMG!
May 20, 2008 7:34 PM

Jan 2007
It was quite obvious something like this happened, but it was still very enjoyable. But did everyone really die? I think Ken managed to escape.
May 20, 2008 8:16 PM

Sep 2007
Faust721 said:
I think Ken managed to escape.
Since we didn't see him specifically die, I would think that's a safe bet. Now perhaps we'll finally meet some of the other characters that we've been seeing in the OP/ED and Chiko can start her own band to finish what 20 faces started.
May 20, 2008 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
OMG! What an episode!!!!! Gahhh, I want to see the next episode noooooow :p.
May 20, 2008 9:32 PM

Jul 2007
Muta, Hans, Skipper!! D:

It was a intense episode, I'm really looking forward to seeing where this series goes after this.
May 20, 2008 9:58 PM
Oct 2007
Wow. I figured at some point the story would move into the future with Chiko being older... but dang. THAT, I was not expecting. Great episode. I think the handful we didn't actually see get shot managed to live though.

I was wondering what the heck was up with the Ending animation.
May 20, 2008 10:36 PM

May 2007
As predicted but it was still hard to watch. :( Familiar faces died after like 4-5 episodes. I think Nijuu Mensou-san could've escaped the fire but I guess he want to be with his comrades.

The problem is now Chiko. She'd feel burdened by guilt and that will traumatize her for long to come. Be strong, Chiko!
May 21, 2008 1:33 AM
Jun 2007
I guarantee that 20 faces and Angie are still alive, since we didn't specifically seem them die.

Damn this episode was fucking excellent.

May 21, 2008 2:01 AM

Jun 2007
huh wth, that was odd episode.
90% of the whole cast so far is dead?
May 21, 2008 3:07 AM
May 2008
a real turnning point in the show cant wait to meet the new cast members as it seems the rest are all dead but awsome i was not so sure i was going to fin this one till i watched this ep
May 21, 2008 4:08 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was totally great!
Give me the next episode!

I also think Ken is alive.
Tsukasa-sanMay 21, 2008 4:28 AM
May 21, 2008 4:27 AM
Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
It was quite obvious something like this happened, but it was still very enjoyable. But did everyone really die? I think Ken managed to escape.

lol, he did. And I'm assuming he's this person in the OP:
May 21, 2008 4:32 AM

Feb 2008
well, i knew that things are going to change but i didn't expect all of them to die this way... at least ken managed to get away, i like him a lot. now we can finally be introduced to blond girl from ed credits...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2008 4:45 AM

Aug 2007
Ok it happened. Ken prolly managed to get away. I am not certain but i think Angie died too.
May 21, 2008 5:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good episode, we knew it would happen soon. So I guess Chiko will start her own gang with the help of the other guy onboard the train. Can't wait for more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 21, 2008 5:23 AM

Feb 2008
Very good episode! I wasn't surprised when Twenty Faces died, but I was surprised by the fact they killed everyone (with probably the exception on Ken).
I wonder what Chiko will do now.
May 21, 2008 5:47 AM

Mar 2008
I was pretty speechless at the end of the episode....
I was actually thinking of dropping this series if episode 6 sucks, but I seriously didn't expect something like this...

I got a feeling our Ojii-san isn't dead yet though
May 21, 2008 6:11 AM
Jun 2007
viny said:

I was actually thinking of dropping this series if episode 6 sucks, but I seriously didn't expect something like this...

Are you trying to say that the previous episodes sucked? Well, cant really blame you about that..lol Because this anime is following the classic storytelling. This is one of the hidden gems that some people never even bother to watch, unless something shocking happens, or some kind of plot twist.

Anyway, this episode was really awesome. Seems like the subber removed the preview, but in the preview, Chiko went back to her aunt. >.< Probably that detective that her aunt hired saw her.
May 21, 2008 6:47 AM

Aug 2007
I was not expecting that, at least not it happening all at once this early in the series. I liked the episode though, I wonder what happened to Ken.
May 21, 2008 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
heh, well that was interesting. now that..is how you keep viewers...
May 21, 2008 8:49 AM

Dec 2007
Hmm.. interesting. So (almost) the whole crew died and chiko seems to be on her own from now on. I wonder what she's planning to do next..
May 21, 2008 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
Woah, definitely a turning point for the series. Really well-done episode.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 21, 2008 11:55 AM

Dec 2007
When you're 20 Faces, fire is nullified.

Yeah he's still alive, so is Ken. So is the axe chick.
May 21, 2008 1:01 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, intense. I was not extremely impressed with this series either, but this surprised me, even though I knew something like this had to happen. Though, I didn't really think it would happen this fast. Guess some of them survived, hard to say about Twenty Faces. Looks promising.
May 21, 2008 2:16 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, that was an awesome episode. The fight between Maggie and Chiko was just awesome, it was awesome how Chiko kept avoiding the axe (maybe I'm easily amused but that was an awesome fight scene). I was kind of surprised when Chiko reached out to try and save Maggie, though knowing her it is believable. It really sucked to see veryone get killed, a lot of them were good characters too.

I had a strange feeling that 20 Faces didn't really die in that explosion.
May 21, 2008 2:19 PM

Feb 2007
AnimusNathan said:
I guarantee that 20 faces and Angie are still alive, since we didn't specifically seem them die.

Yes, that is a possibility.

also, Ken IS totally alive <33

:3
May 21, 2008 4:28 PM

Aug 2007
What a sad episode. Tear jerking moments all throughout but it was bound to happen.

May 21, 2008 4:46 PM

Apr 2007
Well, that was one long we-give-our-characters-depth-by-showing-their-past just to literally kill off most of the cast o.O
Awesome. I suppose normally something like this would have been brought up in a two-minute-flashback ^^

Can't wait to see how Chiko evolves after this. She's pretty darn cool in them fight scenes with Angie! Those eyes... brilliance :D
May 21, 2008 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
They made a mess of my idea how this series will proceed. To put it in one word: impressive!

Besides that, now Baccano and this series have definitely a thing in common: nice action on a train. Loved it! :)
May 21, 2008 5:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
evensteven said:
Besides that, now Baccano and this series have definitely a thing in common: nice action on a train. Loved it! :)

Haha yeah, I was actually thinking of Baccano! too when I watched the train scene(s). xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 21, 2008 5:28 PM

Dec 2007
One word after watching this episode - FAIL. Some examples:

In one moment we have Chiko really struggling against the wind to not be blown away fro the top of the carriage and one moment later - yeah, they are jumping and fighting happily everywhere. The wind? the snow? slippery roof? who cares!

And now the quiz:
Q: What are you doing when your subordinates are being slaughtered?
A: Cutting a chit-chat with enemy boss.
Q: But I was being pointed with his gun all the time!
A: Exactly. In the moment you finally kicked his hand with the gun too. Nothing was different. NOTHING.

This is only tip of the iceberg. I can understand this is anime world and not everything have to be so perfect like in real one, but I do would appreciate if authors stop forcing my brain to shut off while watching such nonsenses.
May 21, 2008 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
BlickWinkel said:

This is only tip of the iceberg. I can understand this is anime world and not everything have to be so perfect like in real one, but I do would appreciate if authors stop forcing my brain to shut off while watching such nonsenses.

Well to be fair, I don't think we fully understand Nijuu Mensou's plans for Chiko. In some sick, twisted way this might have been his way of hardening her, making her more ready for the task he wants her to complete.
On the other hand, maybe he just didn't care about his crew, he hardly ever showed any other emotion besides smiling at Chiko in a fatherly way.
Or on the third hand, plot fail...

This was a great episode though, I was not expecting the entire crew to die so suddenly and so soon. I thought the crew might stay around for another 5 episodes or so. Nijuu Mensou is probably still alive though and Ken definately.

Bring on the next episode!
May 21, 2008 7:12 PM

Jun 2007
kuroshiroi said:
BlickWinkel said:

Well to be fair, I don't think we fully understand Nijuu Mensou's plans for Chiko. In some sick, twisted way this might have been his way of hardening her, making her more ready for the task he wants her to complete.
On the other hand, maybe he just didn't care about his crew, he hardly ever showed any other emotion besides smiling at Chiko in a fatherly way.
Or on the third hand, plot fail...

This was a great episode though, I was not expecting the entire crew to die so suddenly and so soon. I thought the crew might stay around for another 5 episodes or so. Nijuu Mensou is probably still alive though and Ken definately.

Bring on the next episode!

I agree, Tiger even mentions that the mayor commandeered the train for the night and thats how he found them. It was as if 20 faces wanted to be caught by tiger. So in some twisted way I think 20 faces planned this out. We also don't know what was on the papers that the mayor gave to 20 faces. 20 faces also has chiko's family air loom from the first ep that she asked him to hold on to. So I'm guessing he's not dead yet.

Ken is also clearly alive since we never saw him die or come close to remotely dieing. Not to mention an older version of him is in the OP. Angei on the other hand is a gamble. She might be alive or she might be dead, it's a 50 50 shot. My guess is shes alive and will be the "next tiger" and Chiko's arch enemy in the future.
DeathfireDMay 22, 2008 12:33 AM
May 21, 2008 7:55 PM

Apr 2008
It is shocking! I didn't expect so many characters died in this episode. They are so poor. I can understand how Chiko feels about this incident.
May 21, 2008 8:24 PM

Sep 2007
That was a great episode, I didnt think the gang would end like that :(
... i should say Ken most likely survived :)
I cant wait for the next episode!
May 21, 2008 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
~Reacting to the ED scenes~ it would appear the chico joins 2 other girls to form a detective agency? At least the skills she learned would be of use in that occupation. Do you think that's how it will go.....
May 21, 2008 9:29 PM

Apr 2008
;-;
I was expecting for something like this, but not this ;-;
But I'd been wondering why Ken was older in the OP and the others weren't... Well, I guess I got my answer...
Never thought I'd end up crying with this anime... It's definitely the more surprising anime of this season..

And I just can't wait for the rest... We have our turning point, so let's see in what does this end ;P
May 21, 2008 11:53 PM
Jan 2008
i was surprised by how many people they killed off in this episode...they just all died in a span of ...10 minute hahaha...but yeah...it was very un 20 faces like to get caught like that...
well the op's all about how somebody suddenly disappears and how the singer's trying to find the person that's disappeared, so i think 20 faces is definitely still alive XD and chiko's going to try to find him
and yeah ken's still alive too...seeing as nobody shot him or anything XD...i wonder where he went though? there are only so many places he could have gone :P
can't wait for the next episode!!
May 22, 2008 6:00 AM

Oct 2007
Gaia said:
OMG! What an episode!!!!! Gahhh, I want to see the next episode noooooow :p.

ditto
May 22, 2008 6:11 AM

Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:

I agree, Tiger even mentions that the mayor commandeered the train for the night and thats how he found them. It was as if 20 faces wanted to be caught by tiger. So in some twisted way I think 20 faces planned this out.

Wait. You really want me to believe that 20faces left Chiko alone in train, being sure that she will survive the upcoming massacre? And what if Tiger instead of leaving Chiko to the crazy bitch simply applies one bullet right into the head of hers? Or if any of his minions do it and there won't be any Muta around the corner ready to cover her with his chest? What a master plan, I'm sooo impressed :D

May 22, 2008 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
wow, just wow. An amazing episode (I'm gonna overlook some of the faults that's been pointed out^^). 5/5
May 22, 2008 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, THAT was an episode. Now, we'll see an older Chiko with some other thieves/detective girls, and they'll try to find Nijuu Mensou. I think that next time we'll see Nijuu Mensou, he'll be the main antagonist of the series as he wanted to change the world and we all know how all those who want to change the world end in animes, but that's just speculation (80% of probabilities though seeing this 6 episode introduction). Oh and don't forget that Ken isn't dead and that the Ken x Chiko starts from now on (not really a scoop though) !

Even if the plot of the series is to be expected, that's a pretty good concept and a great way to start an anime (pretty much like Black Cat where the main turning point is also the 6th episode).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 22, 2008 8:25 PM

Jun 2007
BlickWinkel said:
DeathfireD said:

I agree, Tiger even mentions that the mayor commandeered the train for the night and thats how he found them. It was as if 20 faces wanted to be caught by tiger. So in some twisted way I think 20 faces planned this out.

Wait. You really want me to believe that 20faces left Chiko alone in train, being sure that she will survive the upcoming massacre? And what if Tiger instead of leaving Chiko to the crazy bitch simply applies one bullet right into the head of hers? Or if any of his minions do it and there won't be any Muta around the corner ready to cover her with his chest? What a master plan, I'm sooo impressed :D

It was too convenient is all I'm saying. Normally 20 faces makes sure of a successful getaway. From the start of this ark we see Tiger attack one of the crew so this should have put 20 faces on higher alert. So it just seems way to convenient that he would leave himself and his team so wide open without a care in the world. Even when tiger opened the door it was as if he already knew it was going to happen. Not to mention all these other unanswered questions that need to be answered directly by 20 faces.

So do I think it was planned out? Yes
Do I think 20 faces intended for his group to all get killed? Maybe

Where still in the dark so theres no way to tell 100% if it was unplanned or planned.
May 23, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:

Aha, and Chiko's survival was actually a (partial) failure of his plan?

Wicked. And really hard to believe. Certainly not corresponding to the portrait of the 20 faces we were presented. Sadly, still most reasonable explanation is the QUALITY of this episode scenario and its execution.
May 23, 2008 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
i was so shocked that i couldn't even cry..
that was the best EP so far..
even thought i hate it when i see familer charecters die..
but in this anime it was diffrent.. can't wait for next ep..

May 23, 2008 1:59 PM

Jan 2008
BlickWinkel said:
DeathfireD said:

Aha, and Chiko's survival was actually a (partial) failure of his plan?

Wicked. And really hard to believe. Certainly not corresponding to the portrait of the 20 faces we were presented. Sadly, still most reasonable explanation is the QUALITY of this episode scenario and its execution.

here is what i think..
how about that 20 faces wasn't really aiming for chiko to survive..
he just wanted to see who is the only one from his Groub can escape the attack.. to be his sucsseser..
remembring what he said to the mayor.. he wanted someone to take over him.. he didn't mention chiko.. the surviver could be anyone..

May 23, 2008 7:58 PM

Oct 2007
Very good episode. Ken's definitely still alive, and now Chiko can start up her own group :)

May 23, 2008 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
I know the ending says "Detective Girls Agency", but man that'll really annoy me if Chiko goes from thief to detective. I know that as a detective, she would actually have use for the skills she's acquired as was mentioned by a previous poster, but I'm praying the "Detective Agency" will be a cover for what she/they really do.
May 24, 2008 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
this is definitely my most beloved anime of the season
May 24, 2008 5:25 AM
Sep 2007
Faust721 said:

Yeah - I didn't see Ken get shot - I think Ken has managed to escape, along with Chiko.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 24, 2008

25 by todd2580 »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 13 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 28, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 2 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Apr 23, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.