Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2010 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, there are RAWs http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Soul-Eater/Soul-Eater-77-Raw-Scan. Fight Kid vs BlackStar has been began. We saw Kid in his chilhood. And it looks like Giriko comes to his (or her I don't know now) end.
We are waiting for translation. I hope Mangasteam won't keep it long.
Aug 19, 2010 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
WTF did I just read?
Aug 19, 2010 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID

I hope the next chapter won't be focusing on Soul and Maka anymore and Black Star is going to fail. C'mon, Liz and Patty need their Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Aug 23, 2010 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
What a lame way of winning against Giriko.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Aug 23, 2010 6:32 AM

Sep 2009
I hope the next chapter is about Kidd and Black Star :D 50 euros[ 63.55USD] on Black Star!
Kidd looks funny as a child xD
Aug 23, 2010 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
AAA, translation. Giriko is dead. Black Star is going mad. Great!
Aug 23, 2010 9:21 AM

Sep 2009
Black Star goes insane...... Does this mean Liz and Patti time? Oh gods, do I want them to be the heros!

Also, Giriko, you should have stayed dead instead of coming back as a girl. Exploding was way cooler.
Aug 23, 2010 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I am sure Black Star isn't going to go insane, doesn't feel like it fits his character. Giriko was killed off to easily in my opinion(It was cool and a good end for his/her character) but Maka got dues ex, out of it. And not enough Black Star vs Kid.
Aug 23, 2010 11:47 AM

Oct 2009
Disappointing chapter. I couldn't care less about Maka. This should be all about Kid and Black Star!
good-timeAug 23, 2010 11:52 AM
Aug 23, 2010 1:15 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Killed off by your own malice...the irony behind his death was comical.
Aug 23, 2010 2:04 PM

Apr 2009
KuroDubZero said:
Killed off by your own malice...the irony behind his death was comical.
your reply made me smile, thanks! ^^
Aug 23, 2010 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
I don't really know what to say to be fairly honest lol... I looked forward to blackstar vs kidd for like a month or whatever and that is what I got... half way through reading and it switched to maka/soul and giriko I thought we would get an intense battle but no... far far from it, I agree it was ironically comical but still what a let down, probably the worst chapter of soul eater in my opinion considering what could have happened... just my opinion though

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Aug 23, 2010 5:20 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Medeasenpai said:
SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID SHOTA!KID
YESS :D

RKC said:
What a lame way of winning against Giriko.
Yeah, it was disappointing :/

I love this manga's art. Every page is candy to my eyes :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 23, 2010 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
Let's hope the Giriko fight is actually leading to something later on. The whole "never let that happen again" deal.
Aug 24, 2010 3:16 AM
Aug 2008
Wow, really? Disappointing chapter. I really like Giriko, but at this point I think it would have been a cooler death if he had just stayed in his old body and died that way. That was the dumbest death.

And it doesn't seem like we got anywhere in the Black Star/Kidd fight, EXCEPT confirmation that Excalibur is the unnamed "Old One" (YESSSSS). The black blob is starting to really remind me of Cthulhu, especially since it rose out of the bottom of the sea this time.
Aug 24, 2010 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
Merkul said:
I don't really know what to say to be fairly honest lol... I looked forward to blackstar vs kidd for like a month or whatever and that is what I got... half way through reading and it switched to maka/soul and giriko I thought we would get an intense battle but no... far far from it, I agree it was ironically comical but still what a let down, probably the worst chapter of soul eater in my opinion considering what could have happened... just my opinion though

Giriko's death in my opinion was handled beautifully and I loved it. However I didn't want it in this chapter. I don't need a lot of action each chapter, but when you hype something up as much as the Black Star vs Kid fight and then have it get hardly any screen time, that turns out to be a let down.
Aug 24, 2010 11:33 AM

Dec 2009
Expected more in the battle of Kid and Black Star. Didn't care for Maka battle after all.
Aug 24, 2010 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
now that was a pretty lame way to kill Giriko off. But then again I never really liked him anyway.

Chibi Kid was cute lol
Aug 25, 2010 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
I agree. They should have just let Giriko's first death stand, while I get the whole impaled by your own sword thing I can't help feeling it was something of a cop out and I just don't like it. In addition though I like the Maka/Soul team there fight just felt out of place here. They should have stuck with one plot line of the other....it just felt a bit....disjointed.
Aug 25, 2010 10:12 PM

Aug 2008
The most hilarious thing about this chapter is that Kidd thinks he can kill a guy as big as Black☆Star

Aug 28, 2010 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
The new shounen invention, when the opponent is too strong for the main character to kill and there is no way to escape the bad guy just dies by himself because it's a bad guy. Holy fucking shit! That's genius.
Do you hear that bad people? Even if you get all the power in the world you will just drop dead because you are bad and ugly motherfuckers. The good guys don't even have to fight you anymore. Especially when they are cute lolis. Their good loli soul will be too much for your black soul.
MonadAug 29, 2010 12:04 AM
Aug 28, 2010 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
Lame way to die Giriko. :/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 30, 2010 10:36 AM

Dec 2009
Giriko's death was pathetic ....but it fit him well ...
Sep 3, 2010 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
Monad said:
The new shounen invention, when the opponent is too strong for the main character to kill and there is no way to escape the bad guy just dies by himself because it's a bad guy. Holy fucking shit! That's genius.
Do you hear that bad people? Even if you get all the power in the world you will just drop dead because you are bad and ugly motherfuckers. The good guys don't even have to fight you anymore. Especially when they are cute lolis. Their good loli soul will be too much for your black soul.

THIS!

Mangakas just don't seem to like the idea of making a good fight featuring a female character.
Sep 4, 2010 1:49 AM

Aug 2009
Strange. I loved the way Giriko died. I really didn't like when he came back as a woman, suddenly being hax character. Then, HIS SOUL EXPLODED!!!XD!!! Too bad he was one of my favourite antagonist of this series. I loved his insanity.

Kid vs Black Star delay is killing me. GIVE US SOME NICE CANDY
Sep 9, 2010 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
blopa said:
Monad said:

THIS!

Mangakas just don't seem to like the idea of making a good fight featuring a female character.
Wow, it seems that you've forgotten pretty much every fight Maka and Medusa have been in... Not to mention a lot of other good fights in other manga.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Sep 10, 2010 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
Kid vs Black*Star is going to be awesome. I just hope Tsubaki is not going to be completely forgotten, I like her
Nov 11, 2010 11:12 AM

Nov 2007
meh I hope that's not it for Giriko kinda lame ending
Aug 19, 2011 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
a figth between two friends like naruto vs sasuke.....

Now they got a new power the things will be more and more awesome !!

It is funny to see that the Black Mass gave even a clothe to Kid !!

I want to see the animation of this chapter and the previous.
Jun 13, 2012 8:40 PM
Jul 2018

Even though, I love the art. OMG. ♥
Oct 11, 2012 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
Massive bullshit, although probably no one expected it, this is how you end the fight, THIS, are you kidding me?!

Black Star is going to surpass the gods, he will stand his ground.
Aug 27, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2008
this happened the way it did was because the mangaka didn't handle Giriko and Arachne in a good way.

Giriko for one who waited 800 years for Arachne to have his wait be useless when Arachne just dies off like that. Like Arachne said her self abandoning her body was a mistake and what made her think abandoning her body was the right thing to do... madness alone could not gain victory when the man with the most madness Asura has not even technically won yet just escaped. Arachne was way to strong and smart to have died like that at the hands of the mangaka who made her die via Maka who really is not Strong. Arachne was one to have fought Shinigami and was smart enough to split and survive...

Giriko on top of that one of the original weapon capable of fighting on par with Justin a genius death scythe was conveniently put to sleep during a main battle, and forced to join another big group as a lackey since he had nothing better to do and is made to be dumb...

basically Giriko and Arachne stories were done badly.
Jan 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
That was an interesting way for Giriko to go out. Guess in the end, his own insanity was what ended it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.