Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2010 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
gotta love this show for the fanservice
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 17, 2010 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:

@Alex:

Index fandom???

POKEMON?!?!?!

C'mon, that was a cheap shot at HOTD, That's why I called you a hatter, because you said stupid things and worst you actually believe it.

LASTLY, stop asking what the plot is, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, I'm not going to appease to you by explaining it, about 3 other members have accurately described it, so STOP saying it doesn't have a plot, if you don't want to acknowledge it that's your problem.
1. Fix your sarcasm detector. If you don't want to, I will kindly explain. I dislike Index, but I know its fandom is overwhelming. Thus, I was supposing that a lot of fans of Index will find it better than HOTD. (and of course, imo.) It's pretty obvious that I was joking when I included pokemon.
2. Lol, I don't care about what other said, I was only interested in 'YOUR' definition of what plot of HOTD is. That's what opinion, argument is about. Learn what debate means, derp. If you don't know, look at AidanAK47's post.
3. I say this again. I have a life. I obviously cannot hold onto discussion that has no creativity, no reasoned argument, off-topicness of DRRR, lack of understanding of what even plot is, lack of comprehension and distortion of what I actually said.

Edited: Oh man.

Wait, wait you think I'm trolling and then you admit to it when you said all that nonsense about Index and Pokemon??? WOW!!!

I thought you were being sarcastic, but you never know with people in MAL, and BTW, the Index fandom is not as great as you put it, currently Index is still ranked 7.84 and it's NOT in the TOP 100 in the "MOST POPULAR" anime section of MAL, that doesn't seem like a "strong fandom" to me.

OK, I'll admit I got off track with talking about DRRR, I shouldn't have done so and I'll say that was my mistake, but that still doesn't excuse your reasoning, you fully understand the plot, and just because you wanted me to explain it doesn't mean you can keep saying that it has none.

Oh and one more thing, you keep saying that I don't read anything properly and keep distorting your comments, I believe you've been doing the same thing with me, like I said before I'm not going to appease you with telling you what I think the plot is, YOU know what it is and so does everyone else, you are clearly using it as your point as to why HOTD is "horrible".

"HOTD is enjoyable but it's still horrible", that is an incredible oxymoron it doesn't matter what examples you use and how you justify it, how can I take you seriously when you make jokes about Pokemon and how a show you "enjoy so much, but it's actually horrible" that you have to make jokes about FUCKING index and Pokemon, seriously why make such a stupid reference, all you did was "sound" like you really do hate HOTD.

This is my opinion:

Anime is Entertainment, NOT a serious business that needs to be overly analyzed and needs to meet a ridiculous criteria for it to be considered "good", just like any other entertainment, every anime is SUBJECTIVE, and yes I mean EVERY SINGLE ANIME, an anime you may think is the best can be someone else's worst and vice-versa, earlier today I made an opinionated comment which YOU attacked, I attacked you back (that's what I do), if you want to call me a troll, I'll simply call you a hatter, I'm not here to play name games, I wanted to seriously discuss the anime but you wouldn't allow it.
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 7:06 PM
Aug 17, 2010 7:17 PM

Sep 2009
alexcampos said:
I thought you were being sarcastic, but you never know with people in MAL, and BTW, the Index fandom is not as great as you put it, currently Index is still ranked 7.84 and it's NOT in the TOP 100 in the "MOST POPULAR" anime section of MAL, that doesn't seem like a "strong fandom" to me.
I have to disagree with this...an anime doesn't have to be in the top 100 to have a strong fandom.

Personally, I think there are a lot of good anime in the top 300 (depends on personal taste of course). If I read a synopsis that sounds like something I would like, and it's in the top 300-ish...I will probably like the show or at least find some entertainment from it.
Aug 17, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
alexcampos said:

The difference between light novel and manga adaptations is that they can be allowed to tell a full story if they choose to with a specific beginning and end. That kind of structure works well in their favor for serialized television. When you're working with manga, the story can totally reshape itself as it's going if the writer didn't know exactly what he/she was doing from the beginning, and that's why you end up with shows that seem to take a totally different tack from one season to the next. It's all just bad storytelling and lazy adaption. If Madhouse didn't think to change a few things for the sake of telling a story with a sense of direction, then the blame falls on them. It's not the manga's fault that Madhouse wanted to milk the HSotD cow. The responsibility falls on them to make sense of what they're retelling.

Weren't you the one to bring up Drrr in the first place? I have the show rated at an 8. I don't know who's having an argument over which show will be anime of the year between those two because it's asinine. Ookiku 2 is by far the best thing to come out this year as far as televised anime is concerned.

No, I wasn't the first one to bring up DRRR vs HOTD, it has been mentioned in previous threads and is a topic that is getting more louder, I was just having my own opinion on the matter, remember I'm not here to bash DRRR, I gave it a 9 and fully enjoyed it.

I agree with you about the light novel adaptations and how they differ from manga adaptations, however the majority of anime still follow manga and that's what we're stuck with so we have accept it and dwell on how these adaptations are made.

Of course I've always been a fan of adapting manga that is either close to ending or have already ended, these are some examples of finished anime that ended with the manga:

Death Note, FMA Brotherhood, Monster

You can obviously see that these are examples of VERY WELL done anime, as compared to anime that follow manga that have not ended, therefore they have to "invent" their own ending. (which is never a good thing)
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 7:36 PM
Aug 17, 2010 7:32 PM
Aug 2010
why are all girls naked xD especially teacher, she should be more honorable then others. xD
Aug 17, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2009
Internet is amusing.

Alex said:
Oh and one more thing, you keep saying that I don't read anything properly and keep distorting your comments, I believe you've been doing the same thing with me, like I said before I'm not going to appease you with telling you what I think the plot is, YOU know what it is and so does everyone else, you are clearly using it as your point as to why HOTD is "horrible".
First, I'm pretty much fucked up, as I think this is the best anime of this season, yet being called 'hater'. Second, I thought I justified myself through all those examples, that it's MY opinion thinking that this anime is horrible but still enjoy, and you are overreacting it. Seriously, please what I have been saying since last page. I've already answered everything that you've saying already. There is nothing to repeat. However, you are just not capable of understanding anything I said. You know how it is annoying?

"HOTD is enjoyable but it's still horrible", that is an incredible oxymoron it doesn't matter what examples you use and how you justify it, how can I take you seriously when you make jokes about Pokemon and how a show you "enjoy so much, but it's actually horrible" that you have to make jokes about FUCKING index and Pokemon, seriously why make such a stupid reference, all you did was "sound" like you really do hate HOTD.
You are calling my reference 'stupid', without supporting anything behind as a reasoned argument. You are saying 'examples I used doesn't matter'. Then, it's your problem. I can't simply to anything about this, since it's long time I gave up doing actual debate.

Alex said:
earlier today I made an opinionated comment which YOU attacked, I attacked you back (that's what I do), if you want to call me a troll, I'll simply call you a hatter, I'm not here to play name games, I wanted to seriously discuss the anime but you wouldn't allow it.
This is the proof how you never read what I said. People can 'attack' others opinion, for the sake of 'debate'. People should not attack 'debater' as it is ad hominem 'fallacy'. If you seriously want to do debate, you should know that all debate starts from 'rebuttal'. Fuckin god sake, I am 'LOVER' of this anime. It's your opinion thinking anime is all entertainment, it's MY opinion trying to say that horribleness =/= entertainment. I never said your opinion is bad. I said your 'ARGUMENT is bad.

lol seriously. I'm tired. You are still not reading, and I'm not here to become repeating parrot. When I was trying to accept what you are saying through reasoned argument, you are not allowing me to do it, as it's NOT reasoned from the start. I guess it's another 'welcome to the MAL land' situation.

Gees. I'm a hater, just because I listed the fall list animes I think which will be better than HOTD? Give me a break. You are definitely overreacting, and for the god sake read my discussion with Aidan and learn what proper debate is.
Aug 17, 2010 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

No, I wasn't the first one to bring up DRRR vs HOTD, it has been mentioned in previous threads and is a topic that is getting more louder, I was just having my own opinion on the matter, remember I'm not here to bash DRRR, I gave it a 9 and fully enjoyed it.

I agree with you about the light novel adaptations and how they differ from manga adaptations, however the majority of anime still follow manga and that's what we're stuck with so we have accept it and dwell on how these adaptations are made.

Of course I've always been a fan of adapting manga that is either close to ending or have already ended, these are some examples of finished anime that ended with the manga:

Death Note, FMA Brotherhood, Monster

You can obviously see that these are examples of VERY WELL done anime, as compared to anime that follow manga that have not ended, therefore they have to "invent" their own ending. (which is never a good thing)

I see. I haven't really been paying attention to the discussion prior to my jumping into these threads, so I never noticed. But I wasn't saying that you were hating. I just think it's funny that I've been on the positive side of the argument when you rated it higher.

I'm aware that manga adaptations are the bulk of the translations being made, but you brought it up, so I wanted to make sure there was a distinction in why one is better suited than another.

And for the record, I'd put down the first FMA as an example of a well done show who's source is incomplete. They decided to take what they had and go somewhere with it, and it stands on its own as something provoking and entertaining. It had it's flaws, but everything does.
Aug 17, 2010 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 17, 2010 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
Getting tired of the way they present the fan service.. getting bored and it's too exaggerated. Every angle of the camera their boob bounces - that's everytime, so boring. The Mang*o is sure real better, but the action here is much better

Shizuka's way too corny now

*Minor* Kitty cat

Hirano! Rambo - Hirano getting a butt-head

7-8/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 18, 2010 1:34 AM
Aug 2010
man this show is so awesome. yeah pretty stupid if you think about it, but the action and service are kinda fitting. beats me we guys must love it.
Aug 18, 2010 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
zinvince said:
Getting tired of the way they present the fan service.. getting bored and it's too exaggerated. Every angle of the camera their boob bounces - that's everytime, so boring.

Agreed. This ep was full of fanservice.

Good ep however, since I wasn't bored when watching it at all.
Aug 18, 2010 1:54 AM
Nov 2008
The part where they stabbed her father was very sad,made me cry....i wnated the zombies to get those bastards.
Other than that i laughed so much at Hirano in this one ,lol.
Aug 18, 2010 4:16 AM

Oct 2007
I dunno, it's starting to get painfully dull.The fanservices are beyond unnecessary, they waste so much time on fanservices and epic sentences and forget to raise the suspense and thrilling environment a show with such prerrogatives should have. I had high hopes for this show, but it's just getting annoying =/
Aug 18, 2010 5:49 AM

Aug 2010
Agronopolos said:
I dunno, it's starting to get painfully dull.The fanservices are beyond unnecessary, they waste so much time on fanservices and epic sentences and forget to raise the suspense and thrilling environment a show with such prerrogatives should have. I had high hopes for this show, but it's just getting annoying =/

You have a point there, but we can't do anything, lets jz hope the best for future episodes. It did seem a bit too much, but I wont have a problem with it if the fan-service is equal as much as the action

Aug 18, 2010 5:53 AM
Jul 2010
saeko love!
Aug 18, 2010 6:06 AM
Apr 2010
Someone knows the name of the song that was playing at the and of the episode when Saeko was standing on the humvee?
Aug 18, 2010 6:41 AM

Jul 2009
Oh my God, discussion!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 18, 2010 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
Boobs here, boobs there, boobs everywhere. I hope every girl in that Humvee car stays in that clothing since they reveal too much when they're wearing that. Seeing that in that clothing made me happy as Hirano. This is probably the first time Hirano experienced this kind of thing. He outplayed Takashi. Very smart indeed.

Okay so the new loli girl shows up. Pretty nice since we finally get to see the full gang together even though I still don't know what she'll do to the gang? Mascot perhaps? Well she did a good job when she pee'd at Takashi's back. T'was pretty funny and cute, lol.

Next episode should be awesome aswell as they're going to try rescue their families. Well I guess Takashi's family only since almost everyone's family in that car is out of town. Oh and I didn't know Hirano is a pedo, lool.
Aug 18, 2010 9:25 AM

Jan 2010
man what's with all the fan-service?
it's so bad it's hilarious xD...close-up to Rei's boobs...oh no she hands out Takashi a gun yeah....

at least the little girl is safe,but if i were in their place i'd kill those mofos that killed her father t_t

and the peiing scene was plain awkward

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 18, 2010 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
clannad4ever said:
at least the little girl is safe,but if i were in their place i'd kill those mofos that killed her father t_t
4/5

No point in doing that. How long do you think those doors will keep the zombies out?
Aug 18, 2010 10:38 AM
Jun 2008
DmonHiro said:
clannad4ever said:
4/5

No point in doing that. How long do you think those doors will keep the zombies out?
The zombie doesn't have superhuman strength to break a door.So I think the door will keep as long as they can survive within the house. and finally cannibalism.
Aug 18, 2010 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
DmonHiro said:
clannad4ever said:
4/5

The zombie doesn't have superhuman strength to break a door.So I think the door will keep as long as they can survive within the house. and finally cannibalism.
Do you really need a superhuman strenght to break a door? Though zombies don't know how use their strenght to break a door anyway.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 18, 2010 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
there's also the Zombies flooding in enmasse so if one doesn't have the power a few dozen DEFF have the power
Aug 18, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2007
First we had spinzaku
Now we have Spinbie.
20:22 ~ 20:25

Good episode.
Tho I could do without half the boncing boobs, and panty shots.
Aug 18, 2010 11:30 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing episode, the musics were really good placed, and takashi is getting cooller, o/
Aug 18, 2010 1:32 PM
Jul 2008
It's starting to get too much of fan service. How could they not put on cloths anyway? They are insane.
Aug 18, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
Tarrasji said:
It's starting to get too much of fan service. How could they not put on cloths anyway? They are insane.

It's just gotten so out of hand that I've started to get used to it. Honestly, when Saeko left the house practically naked and hopped on that Hummer I couldn't stop laughing. I think that scene nearly drove me to madness.
Aug 18, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
I hope all the females keep the clothes they have on now for the next few episodes. I might be alone in this, but I hope they keep the fanservice. It's a good mix of a bunch of ridiculous violence and ridiculous ecchi scenes. Good time, good time.
Aug 18, 2010 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
Lot's of fan service and i kinda liked it 'cuz didn't saw it for a while.
Awesome sniper action and i love anything with zombies. (Actually hoping that there will be real zombie apocalypse anytime soon :P )
I didn't read manga bud i think they will use all types of girls in this series. Moe one, neer one, strong one, loli etc etc ...
Aug 18, 2010 8:22 PM
Oct 2009
So much fanservice. @_@ (don't pay attention to it though).

It's good to see everyone acting like friends again.^^ Next week's episode looks like it'll be interesting.
Aug 19, 2010 1:36 AM
Dec 2009
Wow! It's really cool! I love it, especially soundrack, that followed !!
Aug 19, 2010 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
DonKangolJones said:
Tarrasji said:

It's just gotten so out of hand that I've started to get used to it. Honestly, when Saeko left the house practically naked and hopped on that Hummer I couldn't stop laughing. I think that scene nearly drove me to madness.

I wonder if in future episodes she will have her clothes pop out of nowhere, or will she just be running around just with that apron 0.0

Aug 19, 2010 3:51 AM

Aug 2008
Hirano kicks so much ass. He's just so damn fun to watch.
Aug 19, 2010 4:09 AM

Oct 2009
xilam said:
DonKangolJones said:
Tarrasji said:

I wonder if in future episodes she will have her clothes pop out of nowhere, or will she just be running around just with that apron 0.0

And I wonder if the rest of the heroines would keep their current lewd clothes for the rest of the episodes.

Aug 19, 2010 4:43 AM

Jun 2009
Vento said:
And I wonder if the rest of the heroines would keep their current lewd clothes for the rest of the episodes.
Unfortunately, no.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 19, 2010 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
too much H ruin the episode although overall 5/5
Aug 19, 2010 11:07 AM
Jun 2008
Tarrasji said:
Last episode they said that their cloth are in the process of washing and they don't have spare cloth until the cloth are dried...basically its a lame explanation that is full of flaw...but nvm about it
Aug 19, 2010 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
Hirano is seriously so awesome XD love his mad sniper skills! Haha
So they go and save someone ... of course it'd be a little girl :S Meh, it was OK I suppose ... character development, maybe? Kinda sucked how the people inside the house killed the father though ...
Aug 19, 2010 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode. A lot better than the 2 last ones.

So now we have a loli too? The whole save the loli thing was very nice since it brought the matter of humanity and all that. I guess the same thing was touched in the killing of her father and how inhuman people can become while in panic.
It had some nice drama there with the little girl staying by her own like that crying but i have to say fanservice with drama make a weird mix. You don't know if you want to fap or get depressed and that was the only bad element in this episode. It seems a little strange while watching a painful scene, suddenly having bouncing boobs in-frond of you.

Lithia said:
My only concern (outside of the idea that overused fanservice is considered to go well with this) is that there was, yet again, a little girl that needs saving and saved she shall be.
The whole world has gone to shite and a lot of little girls have died, I'll bet my arse on that, so: Why now?

What kind of a stupid question is that? Because she was right there and they could do something.

Cats are immune to zombies. They just sleep threw the chaos.

Pee faces.

Hirano you lucky bastard.

What the hell did he shoot them with? A canon?

Other than that, fanservice, fanservice, fanservice. I couldn't help but take a ton of screencaps.

Even zombies try to offer fanservice with there own sic way.

Love the eyes:
MonadFeb 28, 2012 3:39 PM
Aug 19, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2009
@Monad
You forgot a picture of Hirano being boob-sandwiched by Rei and Takagi in your second spoiler collection. You should add that to Hirano's lucky moments this episode. Third spoiler was so much win. Last spoiler group was kinda disturbing X_X
Aug 19, 2010 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
belatkuro said:
@Monad
You forgot a picture of Hirano being boob-sandwiched by Rei and Takagi in your second spoiler collection. You should add that to Hirano's lucky moments this episode. Third spoiler was so much win. Last spoiler group was kinda disturbing X_X

No, i didn't forgot anything. The stupid upload site screw some pics. Everything fix now.
Aug 19, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2008
tecu said:
Just when I was about to get to enjoy that annoying little crying bitch being eaten by the zombies, that gun otaku guy starts shooting all around. Fuck.

You're a good person.
Aug 20, 2010 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
I almost pissed myself from laughing so hard when she pissed on him. :)
RyzumAug 20, 2010 2:27 AM
Aug 20, 2010 4:03 AM
Aug 2010
Love this ep. Inserted music was awesome! :D

Hirano the Crazy Sniper was great. And his reaction for Busujima's outfit - priceless XD

And I think anime is more ecchi than manga. Which is gooooood ;)
Aug 20, 2010 5:27 AM
Aug 2010
My guess (since i havent read the manga) is that they will drop by a mall (or clothes store)

Hirano should be getting less nosebleeds as he is starting to get used to tits everywhere..
Aug 20, 2010 6:08 AM
Jan 2008
I'm kinda disappointed at this anime by this point, I thought it would be more serious and not just bouncing boobs. Overall there is too much ecchi, if I would cut all the scenes containing it all that left would be about 5minutes. Maybe it's because I read the manga, but I expected more. Still it's pretty entertaining so 4/5.
Aug 20, 2010 7:28 AM

Dec 2007
Going to have to lower the score for this anime now sadly. They added unnecessary things that made it stupid...
Aug 20, 2010 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
Day2Dream said:
Going to have to lower the score for this anime now sadly. They added unnecessary things that made it stupid...

...Such as?
Aug 20, 2010 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
Day2Dream said:
It's still better than E8.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 20, 2010 8:45 AM

Jan 2009
The beginning of this anime at least had the fan-service out of control. I let episode 6 pass by as that actually happened in the manga. But now things are getting out of hand. I've always ignored the fan-service and paid attention to nothing but the zombie killing. But now the zombies themselves are throwing in fan-service? Honestly...>.>

Still a great episode, but if each episodes brings about more fan-service then I am just going to get more upset as time passes.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.