Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2010 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
I'll say this right now. It's very difficult for me not to love this series. It's so much damn fun that I keep tuning in every week for it.
Aug 17, 2010 5:59 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
This, what I disagree. Although I love this anime, plot development is basically non-existence, characters are king of cliches, pacing is meh, Takagi's constant whining of 'WE CHANGED TOO MUCH' isn't amusing but overused as hell. It's no where near masterpiece or anime of the year. I'm highly entertained by how you are saying Durarara was worse than this, when HOTD haven't even showed you ending that is bound to get sucked as original ending, or non-ending bait of the second season. reverse effect of ecchi? What is that even mean? Beside, you are calling 'idiotic fangirls', which isn't really judging anime but its fandom.

I mean... when did HOTD have a 'good story'? It's just following basic guideline of all the zombie-land rules and cliche survival build ups. Nothing new.

Edited:

...IMO.

(Too prevent internet rages.)

Don't worry I won't rage at you, I'll just state MY own opinions...

Reverse ecchi effect: ecchi is obviously aimed for males, fangirls drooling over a couple of male characters such as Izaya and Shizou would be the opposite.

Some people say that the overuse of ecchi is a bad thing for HOTD, I believe the fangirlism of Izaya and Shizou was bad for DRRR, so it's a valid statement.

The pacing is a bit slow because they obviously don't have a large portion of material to work with.

Besides like I said, DRRR ending sucked, DRRR excelled on a great cast of characters with an intricate plot that came together, but it also had it's flaws, mostly its plot holes.

Don't worry though my opinion is just that, OPINION, I would love if HOTD was considered anime of the year, it's only 7 episodes but I already love it a lot more than the entire 24 episodes of DRRR.
Aug 17, 2010 6:02 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
ichigo03 said:
alexcampos said:
HOTD, 2010 Anime of the Year???

From what I've seen, this is definitely the most talked about anime right now, I also think it's great for many reasons and it's definitely my favorite anime of 2010 so far, however we still have the fall schedule. We need to wait, maybe something comes up in the fall that is better than HOTD, (I doubt it though).
The World Only God Knows, Bakuman, Index Fandom, Ore no Imouto, SoreMachi, Arakawa under Certain Bridge, the certain gainax anime that I refuse to call its name, and POKEMON.

All of them easily beats HOTD by its default content, (probably not the gainax one.) but yet to see. HOTD is horrible, but still very entertaining.

OK, now you're being a HATER!!!

Which is ok, because as we know:

The more popular a series gets = the more haters it will have

c'mon I can't believe you actually said Index fandom....LOL
Aug 17, 2010 6:12 AM

Aug 2009
alexcampos said:
Don't worry I won't rage at you, I'll just state MY own opinions...

Reverse ecchi effect: ecchi is obviously aimed for males, fangirls drooling over a couple of male characters such as Izaya and Shizou would be the opposite.

Some people say that the overuse of ecchi is a bad thing for HOTD, I believe the fangirlism of Izaya and Shizou was bad for DRRR, so it's a valid statement.
I see what you are coming from, but there wasn't really true fan-services in DRRR. Sure, it has some immense amount of fujoushi appeals, but it's not like it actually showed yaoi, only suggested by Erika for some seconds. Your statement of 'Overuse of eechi' = 'fangirlsm' is something I just can't buy, since it is as paradoxical as 'Content' vs 'Fandom quality'. HOTD's characters were made for 'fan-service', DRRR's character was made for story and obviously, all those izayaxshizuo shipping are not real content of anime.

alexcampos said:
The pacing is a bit slow because they obviously don't have a large portion of material to work with.

Besides like I said, DRRR ending sucked, DRRR excelled on a great cast of characters with an intricate plot that came together, but it also had it's flaws, mostly its plot holes.
I haven't read the manga, so derp.

Drrr had plot holes indeed. However, HOTD doesn't have a plot. Can't say any-more.

alexcampos said:
Don't worry though my opinion is just that, OPINION, I would love if HOTD was considered anime of the year, it's only 7 episodes but I already love it a lot more than the entire 24 episodes of DRRR.
Understand, but sometimes, I think enjoyment should not always be the criterion of judging. Sure, it does affect overall quality of the series, but let's say for example, Happy Tree Friend. Everyone knows how horrible it is, yet enjoys it. No-one will rate it 10 or call it masterpiece, yet still watches it.

EDITED:
alexcampos said:
ringoo4 said:
The World Only God Knows, Bakuman, Index Fandom, Ore no Imouto, SoreMachi, Arakawa under Certain Bridge, the certain gainax anime that I refuse to call its name, and POKEMON.

All of them easily beats HOTD by its default content, (probably not the gainax one.) but yet to see. HOTD is horrible, but still very entertaining.

OK, now you're being a HATER!!!

Which is ok, because as we know:

The more popular a series gets = the more haters it will have

c'mon I can't believe you actually said Index fandom....LOL
Wait.. what? Why am I hater? I have been stating this millions of times that I absolutely love HOTD and ditz nurse, and am I a hater? When I said index fandom, you know it is some huge sarcasm. I guess its an INTERNET, so detecting it is DEFINITELY NOT EASY.

MAL land is amusing.

(EDITED2: WHY MY POST GETTING FUCKED BY MAL LAG.)

You can still enjoy anime, even though it is horrible. Period.
ringoo4Aug 17, 2010 6:21 AM
Aug 17, 2010 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
whilst I won't say that HotD is the anime of the year(we're only half-way so not gonna be quick to judge), what I will say is that it's been the most entertaining
Aug 17, 2010 6:30 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
Wait.. what? Why am I hater?

Because you're saying that Index and and some other stupid shows are better than HOTD, obviously that's hatting you clearly said the show is horrible, another strike against you, if you "enjoy" the show and still call it horrible, you obviously have some inner conflict.

TensaiShonen said:
whilst I won't say that HotD is the anime of the year(we're only half-way so not gonna be quick to judge), what I will say is that it's been the most entertaining

Sure, I agree with you 100%, I'm definitely hoping HOTD is the anime of the year, but even if it's not, this is way too entertaining, and for me entertainment and enjoyment far surpass any other criteria.
Aug 17, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
alexcampos said:
ringoo4 said:
Wait.. what? Why am I hater?

Because you're saying that Index and and some other stupid shows are better than HOTD, obviously that's hatting you clearly said the show is horrible, another strike against you, if you "enjoy" the show and still call it horrible, you obviously have some inner conflict.
I say another example again. I enjoy spongebob hell a lot, but I will never call it masterpiece. Why? Because it ISN'T in terms of my subjective point of view on actual 'quality'. Everyone watches southpark, a lot of them seems to love it, and enjoy. However, if someone calls it 'the greates masterpiece cartoon in the world', will you buy it? Someone watched Mars of Destruction. It was horrible horrible horrible. However, because of that horribleness, I actually enjoyed it. Enjoyment and quality is different matter for me.

Another cake: Obviously, you are the one who's attacking me (like attempting of suggesting how I'm suffering mind fuck), and funny that how you said it is all 'opinion', yet not really trying to accept or read what I actually said. Plus, those 'stupid other shows' are the line-up list for the next fall season. I know the original content of all of them, and I can tell you; it's better than zombie apocalypse, at least for me.

Mal land = place where people never read.
Aug 17, 2010 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
Obviously, you are the one who's attacking me (like attempting of suggesting how I'm suffering mind fuck), and funny that how you said it is all 'opinion', yet not really trying to accept or read what I actually said.

I read everything you said, and I agreed with the majority, except saying that HOTD has no plot, and that it's horrible.

Just so you know the only Plot-less shows are slice of life and comedies, whether you like it or not, HOTD obviously has a plot, so what if it's an overused plot, in the movies it is but NOT in anime, people enjoy this genre, there's nothing wrong with having an anime version of zombie apocalypse.

DRRR had mythical and non-nonsensical elements too,

a guy so strong that he starts throwing vending machines???

The mythical headless rider???,

A supernatural girl with unexplained and ridiculous powers???

C'mon DRRR had many idiotic and non-sense plot as well, I can't believe you're comparing HOTD to spongebob and south park, THOSE ARE NOT VALID STATEMENTS.

BTW, I'm not attacking you, you started remember, when you said how stupid it was for me to say that HOTD was anime of the year material.
Aug 17, 2010 7:04 AM

Apr 2009
Oldy said:
wheresthehandle said:
SpudUK said:
Oldy said:
wheresthehandle said:
Oldy said:
Darklight0303 said:
People who call this Hentai, should check out Seikon no Qwaser. >_> maybe then they'll shut the fuck up

so ppl with different opinions should shut the fuck up?
you seem to be a very reasonable person.

Welcome to the Internet.

yep true that in the inet morons will be morons
thats why i have stopped arguing anyways

He seems to be like this on many anime threads. Umineko is one that I remember.

Oldy or Darklight?

i dont think hes talking about me since i dont post that much at all
Besides dont see that i posted anything wrong besides my opinion
I only offend if i get offended myself

The original poster Darklight, not Oldy. ;)

Plus Oldy hasn't seen Umineko (according to their anime list).
Aug 17, 2010 7:06 AM
Jun 2008
there's no accounting for taste......
Aug 17, 2010 7:09 AM

Aug 2009
alexcampos said:
ringoo4 said:
Obviously, you are the one who's attacking me (like attempting of suggesting how I'm suffering mind fuck), and funny that how you said it is all 'opinion', yet not really trying to accept or read what I actually said.

I read everything you said, and I agreed with the majority, except saying that HOTD has no plot, and that it's horrible.

Just so you know the only Plot-less shows are slice of life and comedies, whether you like it or not, HOTD obviously has a plot, so what if it's an overused plot, in the movies it is but NOT in anime, people enjoy this genre, there's nothing wrong with having an anime version of zombie apocalypse.

C'mon DRRR had many idiotic and non-sense plot as well, I can't believe you're comparing HOTD to spongebob and south park, THOSE ARE NOT VALID STATEMENTS.

BTW, I'm not attacking you, you started remember, when you said how stupid it was for me to say that HOTD was anime of the year material.
Wrong. I'm thinking you are readng something that is completely different from what I typed.

First, calling me hater, when I love this anime, is definitely attacking. I only started arguement, because I know different opinion CAN exist, so I was expecting to here from you about actual reasoned argument of why this show being the best anime of the year, but what I got was flaming on 'DURARARARARA', but not actual reasoning on HOTD. So it's a shame. However, I was prepared since even though it is a MAL land, someone like noteDhero, who keeps their senses in this miserable state of 'discussion' going on in the INTERNET, can still exist. Sadly, it wasn't.

Second, supernatural girl and shizuo's super human strength is 'NOT A PLOT'. When you see Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Mushishi, Death Note, TTGL on the top of the MAL page, when they obviously have mythical and supernaturalism of GOD, RED EYE, CLAPPING ALCHEMIST, INVISIBLE INSEECTS, BOOK THAT CAN KILL and ROBOT THAT PIERCES THE HEAVEN, you should know this.

Third, IN MY OPINION (since you are calling me hater, I need to state), Plot of HOTD is this; "Groups of people with big boobs killing zombies". Done. Nothing improves from this starting point. Plot can exist, when it develops. In my eyes, it doesn't. However, because plot does not develop, like slice of life comedies you said, it comes as an enjoyment. That supports my opinion of 'how horribleness can make anime enjoyable regardless of its quality'.

Forth, I never compared HOTD to spongebob. I just merely used them as an example of my standpoint on 'how enjoyment does not always co-relates to quality and vice versa'. It was not even an argument. It was just statements.

Fifth, if you are not ready to read wall of text and debate or discuss things that is opposed to you opinion, you should better not call others 'hater'.

Edited: I'm out. Wasting my time on MAL to find some true argument, was definitely an amusing experience.
ringoo4Aug 17, 2010 7:16 AM
Aug 17, 2010 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
A real discussion? In HotD forums? Must be the wrong thread, since HotD threads usually consist of people praising the show as the greatest show on Earth, people complaining about fanservice and "non-existent plot", people who flame at the complainers, people who are very critical at what they watch and people who are indifferent and just enjoy the show. But still, it's very enlightening and amusing, carry on ^^
Aug 17, 2010 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
alexcampos said:
ringoo4 said:

Wrong. I'm thinking you are readng something that is completely different from what I typed.

First, calling me hater, when I love this anime, is definitely attacking. I only started arguement, because I know different opinion CAN exist, so I was expecting to here from you about actual reasoned argument of why this show being the best anime of the year, but what I got was flaming on 'DURARARARARA', but not actual reasoning on HOTD. So it's a shame. However, I was prepared since even though it is a MAL land, someone like noteDhero, who keeps their senses in this miserable state of 'discussion' going on in the INTERNET, can still exist. Sadly, it wasn't.

Second, supernatural girl and shizuo's super human strength is 'NOT A PLOT'. When you see Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Mushishi, Death Note, TTGL on the top of the MAL page, when they obviously have mythical and supernaturalism of GOD, RED EYE, CLAPPING ALCHEMIST, INVISIBLE INSEECTS, BOOK THAT CAN KILL and ROBOT THAT PIERCES THE HEAVEN, you should know this.

Third, IN MY OPINION (since you are calling me hater, I need to state), Plot of HOTD is this; "Groups of people with big boobs killing zombies". Done. Nothing improves from this starting point. Plot can exist, when it develops. In my eyes, it doesn't. However, because plot does not develop, like slice of life comedies you said, it comes as an enjoyment. That supports my opinion of 'how horribleness can make anime enjoyable regardless of its quality'.

Forth, I never compared HOTD to spongebob. I just merely used them as an example of my standpoint on 'how enjoyment does not always co-relates to quality and vice versa'. It was not even an argument. It was just statements.

Fifth, if you are not ready to read wall of text and debate or discuss things that is opposed to you opinion, you should better not call others 'hater'.

Edited: I'm out. Wasting my time on MAL to find some true argument, was definitely an amusing experience.

Meh, I state an obvious opinion, you attack MY opinion, we go back and forth, then you leave???

HOTD does have a plot, again just cuz you think it's stupid doesn't mean it's not there, You also said that Spongebob is enjoyable but it's not a masterpiece that was a direct correlation of comparing your "enjoyment" of HOTD but still being 'horrible', that is a direct comparison, DON'T SAY IT'S NOT.

Also, why did you get so defensive about me calling you a hater, that was my opinion of you, if you are or are not, it's not going to change anything, let that go.

Typical of MAL members, they can't carry a discussion without eventually quitting and leaving.

My #1 rule: you attack me, I attack you :)

EDIT:

Hilarious that you would bing up noteDhero, me and him have debated many times, he is just as persistent as me, unfortunately it wasn't as fun to "discuss" with you as it is with him.
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 8:06 AM
Aug 17, 2010 8:16 AM

Jan 2008
Dear lord, did some idiot actually write "you shouldn't judge how good an anime is by how much you enjoy it"? Reality check, that's EXACTLY what you should judge it on. Anime is EN-TER-TAIN-MENT. You judge entertainment by how entertaining it is. The more entertainment you get out of something, the better quality it is, for you.
Aug 17, 2010 8:31 AM

Sep 2009
DmonHiro said:
The more entertainment you get out of something, the better quality it is, for you.
This is true, I have to say though that some people also judge how good an anime is in general and not necessarily how much that individual person enjoyed the show.

Using myself as an example, I have enjoyed most of the shows I have watched, but consider many to be mediocre or just ok. There's a smaller list of anime I would consider legitimately good. You can't base this off my ratings either because I'm a bit biased with some of my ratings.
Aug 17, 2010 8:36 AM

Jun 2008
DmonHiro said:
Dear lord, did some idiot actually write "you shouldn't judge how good an anime is by how much you enjoy it"? Reality check, that's EXACTLY what you should judge it on. Anime is EN-TER-TAIN-MENT. You judge entertainment by how entertaining it is. The more entertainment you get out of something, the better quality it is, for you.

You sir, deserve a medal!!!

I have been saying your exact words for years, apparently "real anime fans" judge anime by some ridiculous rules and every criteria EXCEPT how entertaining or enjoyable it was.

For example HOTD is both entertaining and enjoyable, but because it's ecchi that automatically disqualifies it from being a 10???

NONSENSE, everyone should give this anime a score according to how each person enjoys it and the entertainment value it contains, no other idiotic "RULES".

After all, anime is ENTERTAINMENT, not something that needs to be thought up as a serious entity.
Aug 17, 2010 8:48 AM
Jun 2008
Well,Anime is viewed by the audience and we have every right to judge the Anime.
Actually Anime is an art that view as an enjoyment,enlightenment and entertainment.
http://www.freewebs.com/thenightmarehero/The%20Three%20Es.pdf
MorningGloryAug 17, 2010 9:00 AM
Aug 17, 2010 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
And now with a loli imouto the cast is complete. It's like they decided to experiment putting everything a male can possibly want in a same show and see what happens. So much win. Manly tears coming to my eyes.
Aug 17, 2010 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
Here's my problem:

What is HSotD's plot? Everyone keeps saying it has one, but they won't say what it is. I say that it is "Survive," but is that really a plot? We know that they are trying to get on the others side of the bridge to meet their families, but then what? As it is, the goal of the show is very unclear, except to paint the picture of a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested Japan and to show fanservice. That makes it more slice of life than anything else. And the bad kind of slice of life that tries to excuse not having a plot, because I like slice of life the most.

And as someone who is on MAL (where the rating system is explicit in what is a 1 and what is a 10), I always have a problem with people making their own sense of ratings and that being used to apply to the whole of the site in raking individual shows. That's why I don't take the top 100 seriously.

Just because something is entertainment doesn't mean that it can't be well made. On top of that some people would argue that it is an art/craft, so there has to be a level of workmanship. Hence the "masterpiece" rating. I'm of the latter's mindset. Is this the most enjoyable and entertaining ecchi I've ever seen? Yes. But that doesn't make it good. Slap zombies into any mediocre show, and I'll enjoy it more. That's the point to me. Understanding what you like and being able to take account for that if you're going to have a real discussion on whether or not something is good. I"ll always enjoy thrillers more than I will a shounen action show. But that doesn't mean that all thrillers are better than action shows. It's myopic to think otherwise.

Then again, it's easy to detect those kinds of people, and I'd rather avoid talking to them individually. But someplace like this, where it's a herd of people mooing the same garbage (not necessarily you alexcampos), and I can't help but to say my contrary opinion.
Aug 17, 2010 9:26 AM
Jul 2010
To me, HSotD is currently the most entertaining anime i have watch so far out of the bunch of animes i have watch over the years....

I have watch quite a number of big shot anime like Death Note, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail etc...and yet they could not beat the weekly anticipation i had for HSotD to release.
Aug 17, 2010 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Here's my problem:

What is HSotD's plot? Everyone keeps saying it has one, but they won't say what it is. I say that it is "Survive," but is that really a plot? We know that they are trying to get on the others side of the bridge to meet their families, but then what? As it is, the goal of the show is very unclear, except to paint the picture of a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested Japan and to show fanservice. That makes it more slice of life than anything else. And the bad kind of slice of life that tries to excuse not having a plot, because I like slice of life the most.

And as someone who is on MAL (where the rating system is explicit in what is a 1 and what is a 10), I always have a problem with people making their own sense of ratings and that being used to apply to the whole of the site in raking individual shows. That's why I don't take the top 100 seriously.

Just because something is entertainment doesn't mean that it can't be well made. On top of that some people would argue that it is an art/craft, so there has to be a level of workmanship. Hence the "masterpiece" rating. I'm of the latter's mindset. Is this the most enjoyable and entertaining ecchi I've ever seen? Yes. But that doesn't make it good. Slap zombies into any mediocre show, and I'll enjoy it more. That's the point to me. Understanding what you like and being able to take account for that if you're going to have a real discussion on whether or not something is good. I"ll always enjoy thrillers more than I will a shounen action show. But that doesn't mean that all thrillers are better than action shows. It's myopic to think otherwise.

Then again, it's easy to detect those kinds of people, and I'd rather avoid talking to them individually. But someplace like this, where it's a herd of people mooing the same garbage (not necessarily you alexcampos), and I can't help but to say my contrary opinion.

Good to hear from you noteDhero, your comments are always interesting.

I don't read the manga (mostly to keep myself surprised every week) so I would say the plot is to "survive", I'll also agree with the majority that it is a bit slow and cliche, but is that really so bad, generic or not, how many zombie anime are there?

I've heard about HOTD for a long time now, I've been dying (no pun intended) to see this anime, and after 7 episodes I'm completely in love with it. Could it be the blood, the guns, the one million boobs, who knows probably all of the above, I think an anime like this comes along maybe once or twice a year, there is a lot of hype, the fandom is increasing and so far the show has not shot itself in the foot.

One thing is for sure, this anime packs in a lot of entertainment, is that any reason to give it a 10, maybe not, but 2010 has not given us a wide variety of "good" anime, DRRR was excellent but a bit lacking in my opinion.

Either way, I don't expect HOTD to wind up in the top 100 or even with a score above 8.3.
Aug 17, 2010 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
Are you referring to people who don't use the full 1-10 rating system?...or are you talking about something else? (Sorry I didn't fully understand what you meant).

Personally I rate shows from 6-10 (basically a 5 point system). Just curious, are there many people who don't like that way or rating things on mal?
Aug 17, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

Good to hear from you noteDhero, your comments are always interesting.

I don't read the manga (mostly to keep myself surprised every week) so I would say the plot is to "survive", I'll also agree with the majority that it is a bit slow and cliche, but is that really so bad, generic or not, how many zombie anime are there?

I've heard about HOTD for a long time now, I've been dying (no pun intended) to see this anime, and after 7 episodes I'm completely in love with it. Could it be the blood, the guns, the one million boobs, who knows probably all of the above, I think an anime like this comes along maybe once or twice a year, there is a lot of hype, the fandom is increasing and so far the show has not shot itself in the foot.

One thing is for sure, this anime packs in a lot of entertainment, is that any reason to give it a 10, maybe not, but 2010 has not given us a wide variety of "good" anime, DRRR was excellent but a bit lacking in my opinion.

Either way, I don't expect HOTD to wind up in the top 100 or even with a score above 8.3.

That's really no excuse to me. Just because a show does something that few others do, doesn't make it good. It's novel, and if you want that to count for something regarding the appeal of the show, that's totally understandable. But it shouldn't (in my mind) relate to anything on terms of quality. And this is the second week in a row now that someone who is entertained by the show (and I've previously said that I am too, so that argument kind of goes out the window for me) excuses the lack of quality in storytelling with the fact that they are enjoying the show.

HSotD shows me why people don't even think to do zombie survival for a televised series: it can easily get redundant. I wonder how Walking Dead will fare.

To me, I think this year has been the strongest for anime since I started watching. Drrr, Arakwawa, Saraiya Goyou, and Tatami Galaxy are great shows. Working is one of the most solid straight comedies I've seen in a while, and Ookiku 2 is the first 10 I've given while watching anime seasonally. That a two slice of life comedies, a show about thieves, a highly experimental show manipulating time the right way (as opposed to Endless 8), an action/mystery, and sports show. That's pretty broad to me. That also doesn't count the good shows currently airing like Katanagatari, Occult Academy, and maybe Shiki.

saxophone15 said:
Are you referring to people who don't use the full 1-10 rating system?...or are you talking about something else? (Sorry I didn't fully understand what you meant).

Personally I rate shows from 6-10 (basically a 5 point system). Just curious, are there many people who don't like that way or rating things on mal?

Yeah, I'm talking about people who don't use the full 1-10. I think it's weird, especially for people who use a 5 point system, because all you have to do is multiply by two. Then there are other people who use odd numbers to mean one thing, and even numbers to mean another, or they use 1-5, it's just plain ridiculous to me. I suppose there are a lot, but I'm not sure.
Aug 17, 2010 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
Another serious thread? Well anyway, episode = do like.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 17, 2010 10:57 AM
Jun 2008
someguy112 said:
TensaiShonen said:
just rewatched this again and I must admit, is this like the saddest ever or what?

dunno if it was to create drama outside of its usual ecchi nature, but it nearly brought a tear to my eye T_T

In some ways, that seems so wrong...
If only Alice is a bit older
Aug 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
That's really no excuse to me. Just because a show does something that few others do, doesn't make it good. It's novel, and if you want that to count for something regarding the appeal of the show, that's totally understandable. But it shouldn't (in my mind) relate to anything on terms of quality. And this is the second week in a row now that someone who is entertained by the show (and I've previously said that I am too, so that argument kind of goes out the window for me) excuses the lack of quality in storytelling with the fact that they are enjoying the show.

Well I think that's the problem, no anime can be perfect and if a 10 is perfect than by default no anime can attain a 10.

HOTD delivers on entertainment, however the storyline/plot are not all there, but the same could be said for many anime some have a very good storyline/plot but don't deliver entertainment, this is like Hollywood movies, action movies get all the viewership and attention but none of them will get any Oscars.

It seems to me (this is my opinion) that you are all about storyline/plot, whereas I am mostly about entertainment and enjoyment, I think it's hard for an anime to be very solid on both, but then again entertainment is subjective from person to person.

In the end, I put more value on entertainment no matter what, I guess this is probably the biggest difference between you and me.

I would also like to say that my scale would be from 4-10, I don't think it's worth watching an anime if it's below a 4, once an anime is at 3 or lower I instantly delete it, that's right , I don't DROP anime I delete them, there's no need for them to be on my list, they were that bad.
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 11:15 AM
Aug 17, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
alexcampos said:
ringoo4 said:

There is a clear lack of intelligence in one side of this argument. I am deeply sorry for that. Please allow me to fill the gap.

The main argument here is that HOTD has no plot. I find that statement half true. The basic objective is to survive and find their loved ones. Looking at it like that it can seem very paper thin. Still we have had development here. A new character has been acquired. They have gained weapons. A future antagonist or hindrance has been born in this evil teacher. Humanity's response to the zombie infection. Plus there has been slight relationship development. Though it is arguable, these are events that can be called plot.

Doesn't mean I think this show is a masterpiece. No, not at all. It simply gives what I expect. Simple B-movie, enjoyable entertainment. Still, I find that saying pokemon is better than this is really off. I mean come on, if pokemon was anything like this I wouldn't consider those days I spend watching it a waste of my time.
But the world god only knows is going to kick this shows ass.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 17, 2010 12:50 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
How lucky it is to be a animal in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

Aug 17, 2010 1:10 PM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:
Here's my problem:

That's an easy question, noteDhero. It's a question you've already answered. HOTD's Plot: A mysterious epidemic transforms people into bloodthirsty zombies. Who will survive? There are numerous subplots. The main ones involve Takashi & Co., but the story does shift from the News, to the Police, to Rika, to other students, to other civilians, etc.

Character goals are very clear: Survive! Antagonists? Zombies! And other people, of course (cue typical zombies-as-critique-of-society metaphors, etc). The show's goals are crystal clear as well: Inject lots of zombies, violence, and fanservice (especially fanservice) into the plot. HOTD is a tale of lives caught in an apocalyptic zombie world, but the plot is very clear and linear, and that's why I would disagree with your classification of the show as a typical 'slice of life' (e.g. Seinfeld, a 'plotless' show 'about nothing').

It's easy to discuss the believable or contrived plot devices in the series, but if you still don't think there is a plot... well, there's no point discussing that any further with me :P

ringoo4 said:
Second, supernatural girl and shizuo's super human strength is 'NOT A PLOT'.

They are plot devices ;)
Aug 17, 2010 1:27 PM
Dec 2007
Totally over-the-top action mixed with cliched big-busted babes (maybe the part I find the most redundant in this show) and a little bit of thinking too. That's what we're all expecting from this one !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 17, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

Well I think that's the problem, no anime can be perfect and if a 10 is perfect than by default no anime can attain a 10.

HOTD delivers on entertainment, however the storyline/plot are not all there, but the same could be said for many anime some have a very good storyline/plot but don't deliver entertainment, this is like Hollywood movies, action movies get all the viewership and attention but none of them will get any Oscars.

It seems to me (this is my opinion) that you are all about storyline/plot, whereas I am mostly about entertainment and enjoyment, I think it's hard for an anime to be very solid on both, but then again entertainment is subjective from person to person.

In the end, I put more value on entertainment no matter what, I guess this is probably the biggest difference between you and me.

I would also like to say that my scale would be from 4-10, I don't think it's worth watching an anime if it's below a 4, once an anime is at 3 or lower I instantly delete it, that's right , I don't DROP anime I delete them, there's no need for them to be on my list, they were that bad.

I never asked that the show be perfect. And therein lies the next argument I have with people who blow HSotD up to be something that it's not. Immediatley, they think I'm asking for perfection. I've already stated that for me, the show at best will be B-movie campy. And it was there in the first few epiosdes. With the last two, however, it's taking on many F-list ecchi harem conventions, and I feel like what little story there is is losing itself.

I disagree that you can't have entertainment and quality. I'm entertained by quality. Say what you will about Drrr's failed ending, but overall it was a great mix of all of both. Bakemonogatari also towed that line well. I think it's disingenuous to say that you can only have one at the expense of the other.

I compared this show to Grindhouse a while back, and I still think the comparison would stand had someone not shown me what the director said he was going for with the show.

sexiji said:

That's an easy question, noteDhero. It's a question you've already answered. HOTD's Plot: A mysterious epidemic transforms people into bloodthirsty zombies. Who will survive? There are numerous subplots. The main ones involve Takashi & Co., but the story does shift from the News, to the Police, to Rika, to other students, to other civilians, etc.

Character goals are very clear: Survive! Antagonists? Zombies! And other people, of course (cue typical zombies-as-critique-of-society metaphors, etc). The show's goals are crystal clear as well: Inject lots of zombies, violence, and fanservice (especially fanservice) into the plot. HOTD is a tale of lives caught in an apocalyptic zombie world, but the plot is very clear and linear, and that's why I would disagree with your classification of the show as a typical 'slice of life' (e.g. Seinfeld, a 'plotless' show 'about nothing').

It's easy to discuss the believable or contrived plot devices in the series, but if you still don't think there is a plot... well, there's no point discussing that any further with me :P

I'm glad you bring this up, because I forgot to mention it while I was writing that post. If survival is the plot of the show, why do the characters do so much to defy that plot? Rei is constantly risking her life for no reason, fatty wastes too many bullets on zombies in this episode for a little girl and a dog who mean nothing, and most of the last episode was about fanservice. My point is that if you want to call survival the plot, then the content of the show almost actively defies this. Rather than than actually make a fuss over the whole "have we lost our humanity" issue, it's quickly passed aside to add a loli to the cast. As strong and blunt as Saeko was with her opinion on the state of the world and what needs to be done to survive, she quickly defaults to the "man" and plays the good wife.

So your comparing it to Seinfeld is a bit of a slam towards a well-crafted show that kept the integrity of the characters, was well executed, and did what it set out to do (examine the lives of a group of horrible losers). HSotD is a slice of life in the vein of K-On in that it uses zombies as an excuse to hypersexualize everything, and give Takagi a harem.

But then, I think comparing it to K-On is out of line, because at least HSotD managed to create some kind of ominous tone in episodes 1 and 4. I'd rather compare it to Sora no Woto. Pee jokes aside.
Aug 17, 2010 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
Here's my problem:

The problem is that HSotD seems to have a very strict, very linear main narrative. While there are lots of side stories in there (i.e. the romance between Takeshi and Rei), the main narrative is always going to be unclear until the author of the manga decides to take the final step of developing an end goal. All the while he continues to make them survive, or reveal what this goal is, there is no way to explain what the narative actually is.

I agree with you. While there action is there, there doesn't seem to be alot of direction to the narative. But if Madhouse are sticking to the manga as closely as readers say they are, there is no way for us to tell what the end will ultimately be until that's written.

That why it's inevitable that there WILL be another series. We don't know when it'll be, but there will be one. Whether that will finally plot a true narative equilibrium (or conclusion, the aftermath of the final sequence for those who are unsure of its meaning), we can't say. It's only until the author makes that decision will we know this. So for the time being, all the while we don't know what the ultimate goal is, it is clear that the narative (for this series at least) is for the characters to reach their families and secure their safety. That takes them into a state of temporary equilbrium. The show will ultimately finish when either the protagonists or the antagonists are dead or removed from the story.

Hope thats a good breakdown. :)
Aug 17, 2010 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
So this is another adaptation of a somewhat aimless manga. Thanks for the confirmation. And that isn't sarcasm.
Aug 17, 2010 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
EVERYONE REMEMBER THE RULES:

No manga discussions in this anime discussion, there are a lot of people that don't read the manga and don't want to be spoiled.

If you must discuss the manga please use a spoiler tag.

noteDhero said:
So this is another adaptation of a somewhat aimless manga. Thanks for the confirmation. And that isn't sarcasm.

Last time I checked a lot of Light novels are similar to manga, the only difference is that mangas are released more frequently and in a greater extent (exmaple: shounen manga) Haruhi seems it will never end, and they only have 9 volumes, DRRR also had an idiotic ending/ NO ending.

I'm not hating on DRRR, I enjoyed it and gave it a 9, it's just many things annoyed me about DRRR, and the fact that many people are having a HOTD vs. DRRR discussion about which anime will be "anime of the year"

Even though it's only 7 eps, vs. 24 eps, I would give my vote to HOTD as of today.
--ALEX--Aug 17, 2010 2:59 PM
Aug 17, 2010 2:56 PM
Jun 2010
He didn't spoil anything, he just said the manga isn't finished so we have no idea where the story is going.

Aug 17, 2010 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:
I'm glad you bring this up, because I forgot to mention it while I was writing that post. If survival is the plot of the show, why do the characters do so much to defy that plot?

Because the characters are supposed to be humans with flaws? The problem I have with your statement is that it seems you're requiring all characters in a 'survival' scenario to always make the correct decisions, as if that is the only way surviving a zombie epidemic could be the plot. People make mistakes. Authors often have their characters fail some early attempts in order to make the finale more 'satisfying' or 'meaningful' for the audience. A lot of stories never happen if people always made the right choices. The important question for 'good' stories is, "Can the author do this while maintaining the viewer's suspension of disbelief?" Appreciation and criticism often stems from whether or not the plot devices are well-crafted, contrived, or arbitrary.

To address some of your examples:

1. Rei is constantly risking her life for no reason
All of the characters have made dumb decisions that put their lives at risk. Often, this is done simply to advance the plot. Rei is an interesting example, especially when remembering previous comments in these threads about how much of a 'dumb bitch' she was. Even the 'strongest' of the women is ridiculously devoted to the male ideal as absolute and correct, but it should be obvious that the women take a backseat to the male characters... except when providing fanservice, of course!

2. Fatty wastes too many bullets on zombies in this episode for a little girl and a dog who mean nothing
Unlimited ammo, except when it matters for contrived plot devices. That's how the latest Predator movie operated, and that's how I imagine HOTD will go. Fatty is a lolicon, so his natural urges overcame any rational sensibilities. It's just like Rei said, "They remembered that they were human after all." Furthermore, the sniping was essential the plot. If Fatty was not sniping the zombies while Takashi drove around on his motorcycle, not only wouldn't it look as 'cool,' but everyone wouldn't be calling Fatty a genius. This transformation is vital character development.

3. Most of the last episode was about fanservice.
Fanservice is the lifeblood of this anime. Scenes are constructed solely to maximize fanservice. Whatever the enemy, whatever the impossibly contrived situation, Highschool of the ______ would have a lot of fanservice. It sells. Like someone from the target audience mentioned earlier in the thread, "This show appeals to my fetishes." I said that the plot was about survival, but it's actually "Survival, with lots of fanservice."

So your comparing it to Seinfeld is a bit of a slam towards a well-crafted show that kept the integrity of the characters, was well executed, and did what it set out to do (examine the lives of a group of horrible losers). HSotD is a slice of life in the vein of K-On in that it uses zombies as an excuse to hypersexualize everything, and give Takagi a harem.

Oh, I didn't slam Seinfeld at all. It is the example that typifies 'slice-of-life' shows for me. HOTD is definitely a show that uses zombies as an excuse to hypersexualize everything while providing Takagi a harem; however, your complaint should be that it has a terribly contrived plot, not that it has no plot.
Aug 17, 2010 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
Lol getting peed on by a loli. Who could ask for more?
Aug 17, 2010 4:02 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
saxophone15 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about people who don't use the full 1-10. I think it's weird, especially for people who use a 5 point system, because all you have to do is multiply by two. Then there are other people who use odd numbers to mean one thing, and even numbers to mean another, or they use 1-5, it's just plain ridiculous to me. I suppose there are a lot, but I'm not sure.
I have done a little bit of research and there are a total of 4221 rated shows on MAL. Of the 4221 rated shows, only 165 shows are rated below 6. Just about everything has an average rating from 6-10.
Aug 17, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh, this is getting really unbearable.

Aug 17, 2010 4:14 PM

Aug 2009
Alex said:
Meh, I state an obvious opinion, you attack MY opinion, we go back and forth, then you leave???

HOTD does have a plot, again just cuz you think it's stupid doesn't mean it's not there, You also said that Spongebob is enjoyable but it's not a masterpiece that was a direct correlation of comparing your "enjoyment" of HOTD but still being 'horrible', that is a direct comparison, DON'T SAY IT'S NOT.

Also, why did you get so defensive about me calling you a hater, that was my opinion of you, if you are or are not, it's not going to change anything, let that go.

Typical of MAL members, they can't carry a discussion without eventually quitting and leaving.
First, I have a life, and I had to sleep. Time zone, anyone?

Second, you again failed to justify me 'what actually is' a plot of HOTD. You are still not discussing, but just forcing your point of view without verifying anything.

Third, when you do debate or discussion, you attack arguments, not person; know the definition. You called me hater, and used as an argument. That's typical Ad hominem fallacy.

Forth, since you are not reading a single thing I've saying, I will just stop talking with you.

AidanAK47 said:
There is a clear lack of intelligence in one side of this argument. I am deeply sorry for that. Please allow me to fill the gap.

The main argument here is that HOTD has no plot. I find that statement half true. The basic objective is to survive and find their loved ones. Looking at it like that it can seem very paper thin. Still we have had development here. A new character has been acquired. They have gained weapons. A future antagonist or hindrance has been born in this evil teacher. Humanity's response to the zombie infection. Plus there has been slight relationship development. Though it is arguable, these are events that can be called plot.
I can see those as a consecutive event, that doesn't really develop situation. Well, there are some steps. Addition of Shidou was definitely something that can be called development. However, having more zombie slaughter, gaining more weapons kind of thing is just events, like those from RPG game, where you randomly meets enemies, defeat, only to acquire some exp points and items or occasionally obtaining random party members.

Well, I can say it was hyperbole when I said 'no plot'. Even slice of life has some very minimal amount of build ups within its episode. I will rephrase. 'HOTD has some plot, but it is too infinitesimal, insignificant and cliched to call it plot.' I mean... yeah.

Another problem is that this has limit of 13 episodes length. If it was 24, I would understand. But slow pacing like this is really killing me. It's already more than a half of the series, and still what they did is just moving from the place A to B. (and probably having a bath.) Think how they wasted 4th episode on nothing but... recap and some random gold teeth guy. How are they going to end this in 6 more episodes? Very very awesome non-ending? Second season? Shitty original ending? I'm loving the series so far, and this is only thing that really worries me.

AidanAK47 said:
Doesn't mean I think this show is a masterpiece. No, not at all. It simply gives what I expect. Simple B-movie, enjoyable entertainment. Still, I find that saying pokemon is better than this is really off. I mean come on, if pokemon was anything like this I wouldn't consider those days I spend watching it a waste of my time.
But the world god only knows is going to kick this shows ass.
Yeah, that's what I think. Because this anime is so simple and linear, you can totally focus on this mindless fanservices and over-the-top actions.

Pokemon was some obvious sarcasm (I guess writing it in capital letter wasn't enough...) . New B&W starters look shitty as hell :P. AND, Otamegane will win this year, for sure.
Aug 17, 2010 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
I feel overwhelmed posting in this thread after reading this. Nevertheless i shall preserver and do so...

I do use a 5-10 system for the most part, because of dropped shows as mentioned earlier. At the moment i have this at an 8; i usually split it down the middle half entertainment. While i am thoroughly entertained by this show i realize that it has plenty of short comings and am able to step back and adjust accordingly.

However i think that grading solely based on entertainment is justifiable. That is in reality the primary purpose of shows; in what state of mind would anyone call any show with fan service a masterpiece? It's a guilty pleasure. Everyone has their own preferences and criteria; you'll always have people giving 1's and 10's to shows that are obviously neither.

As for the episode, i am amazed that only one zombie tried to knock him off the wall. By the way, what is it this year and the peeing on peoples back fetish?
Aug 17, 2010 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
Saeko on that humvee = HNNNGGG!

Komuro's various facial expressions as Alice relieved herself was hilarious.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 17, 2010 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
oh shi-! lolicon action now
Aug 17, 2010 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
First, I have a life, and I had to sleep. Time zone, anyone?

Second, you again failed to justify me 'what actually is' a plot of HOTD. You are still not discussing, but just forcing your point of view without verifying anything.

Third, when you do debate or discussion, you attack arguments, not person; know the definition. You called me hater, and used as an argument. That's typical Ad hominem fallacy.

Forth, since you are not reading a single thing I've saying, I will just stop talking with you.

OK fine, if you had to go then you have to go, but remember what you said:

ringoo4 said:
I'm out. Wasting my time on MAL to find some true argument, was definitely an amusing experience.

You could've said, I'm going to sleep or whatever, but you sounded like you were running away.

Also you might want to notice this:

ringoo4 said:

Index fandom???

POKEMON?!?!?!

C'mon, that was a cheap shot at HOTD, That's why I called you a hatter, because you said stupid things and worst you actually believe it.

LASTLY, stop asking what the plot is, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, I'm not going to appease to you by explaining it, about 3 other members have accurately described it, so STOP saying it doesn't have a plot, if you don't want to acknowledge it that's your problem.
Aug 17, 2010 5:03 PM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:

It's aimless because it hasn't been given a full aim. More like milestones (I.E. Get out of the school, find a safehouse, get across bridge) to the narrative leading to an eventual finish. It's just we don't know when, how or where the finish is because it hasn't been written yet.
Aug 17, 2010 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

The difference between light novel and manga adaptations is that they can be allowed to tell a full story if they choose to with a specific beginning and end. That kind of structure works well in their favor for serialized television. When you're working with manga, the story can totally reshape itself as it's going if the writer didn't know exactly what he/she was doing from the beginning, and that's why you end up with shows that seem to take a totally different tack from one season to the next. It's all just bad storytelling and lazy adaption. If Madhouse didn't think to change a few things for the sake of telling a story with a sense of direction, then the blame falls on them. It's not the manga's fault that Madhouse wanted to milk the HSotD cow. The responsibility falls on them to make sense of what they're retelling.

Weren't you the one to bring up Drrr in the first place? I have the show rated at an 8. I don't know who's having an argument over which show will be anime of the year between those two because it's asinine. Ookiku 2 is by far the best thing to come out this year as far as televised anime is concerned.

sexiji said:

You're twisting what I said. My problem was not that they make wrong decisions, but that the conflict of making said decisions are tossed aside for the sake of fanservice and Takahi's harem. I know you know what I meant, because you addressed every point I made besides Saeko magically bending over for Takashi. I'm sure you'd retort that that would fall into the same response you gave about Rei, but that doesn't address the simple fact that there is a lack of consistency in depicting characters which weakens the already aimless direction of the show. Combine that with the fact that fanservice is a main goal of the show, and I can't begin to understand how saying "there is no plot" is ridiculous. At best, the plot is terribly contrived (as you posture), but after seven episodes, I just can't be that blindly optimistic. Pragmatically speaking, if the plot doesn't matter and isn't a main focus, can you call it a plot? Maybe they'll come back to it the same way that Sora no Woto did in the last three episodes, but as of right now, it's irrelevant to what's going on.

Also, I just don't think that fatty transformed in this episode. It had already happened in episode 1 and was solidified in the reunion scene. Just because Takagi says it now doesn't mean that it hadn't already happened.

And to clarify, I didn't mean to say that you slammed Seinfeld. I meant that it was slam that you would try to elevate HSotD to the level of intelligence execution needed to have created Seinfeld.
noteDheroAug 17, 2010 5:58 PM
Aug 17, 2010 5:56 PM
Jan 2009
Loved it! The downfall of humanity, and then we get a glimpse of good. Lots of action, yay!
Aug 17, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
I can see those as a consecutive event, that doesn't really develop situation. Well, there are some steps. Addition of Shidou was definitely something that can be called development. However, having more zombie slaughter, gaining more weapons kind of thing is just events, like those from RPG game, where you randomly meets enemies, defeat, only to acquire some exp points and items or occasionally obtaining random party members.

Not isn't exactly true. The gaining of more weapons was necessary. For Hirano. It has already shown that Hirano is an excellent marksman. But without a weapon in his hands he is useless. The only gun they had in there possession before was a single handgun. Run out of bullets for that and Hirano becomes a burden. The gaining of more weapons give Hirano more purpose than a possible love interest or comedy character. This also brings up the situation of what happens when they do run out of bullets? Will Hirano become frustrated with himself being useless? This could lead to great character development.

As for the response to the zombie crisis this brings up this
More zombies = more dangerous situations
And human beings present obstacles as well with there methods of controlling the situation and madness. All of this can lead to future developments of situations that can allow the characters to show more sides of themselves.
And so on and so forth. Though this is would be build up and for a series that could be only 13 episodes long we just don't have time for build up.

ringoo4 said:
Another problem is that this has limit of 13 episodes length. If it was 24, I would understand. But slow pacing like this is really killing me. It's already more than a half of the series, and still what they did is just moving from the place A to B. (and probably having a bath.) Think how they wasted 4th episode on nothing but... recap and some random gold teeth guy. How are they going to end this in 6 more episodes? Very very awesome non-ending? Second season? Shitty original ending? I'm loving the series so far, and this is only thing that really worries me.

That's something that worries me as well. Frankly you can just pull out the "Army rescue" card but well....that like saying a wizard did it. Unsatisfying. I don't think it's confirmed to have just 13 episodes. But I won't hold hope for that. Don't do a claymore on me Madhouse......

ringoo4 said:
AND, Otamegane will win this year, for sure.

Absolutely. Assuming of course that they don't do something extremely stupid as ignoring the original materiel and turning it into a generic fan service harem. Like with Rosario+vampire.

Edit: Actually scratch that last remark. TWGOK being made by the guys that made Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin, and House of Five Leaves? This is in good hands.
AidanAK47Aug 17, 2010 6:22 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 17, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
Shows like Highschool of the Dead are prone to have polarized opinions, not so much because of objective factors such as production value or writing, but more based on taste and preference.

There are those who like shows like this, and those who don't. And for what Highschool of the Dead is trying accomplish, extremely entertaining fanservice filled zombie action, it's doing a good job thus far.
seraphjeiAug 17, 2010 6:15 PM
Aug 17, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Ok, I know I'm getting trolled, but still going to reply, because certain person doesn't seem to read anything properly.

@Alex:

Index fandom???

POKEMON?!?!?!

C'mon, that was a cheap shot at HOTD, That's why I called you a hatter, because you said stupid things and worst you actually believe it.

LASTLY, stop asking what the plot is, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS, I'm not going to appease to you by explaining it, about 3 other members have accurately described it, so STOP saying it doesn't have a plot, if you don't want to acknowledge it that's your problem.
1. Fix your sarcasm detector. If you don't want to, I will kindly explain. I dislike Index, but I know its fandom is overwhelming. Thus, I was supposing that a lot of fans of Index will find it better than HOTD. (and of course, imo.) It's pretty obvious that I was joking when I included pokemon.
2. Lol, I don't care about what other said, I was only interested in 'YOUR' definition of what plot of HOTD is. That's what opinion, argument is about. Learn what debate means, derp. If you don't know, look at AidanAK47's post.
3. I say this again. I have a life. I obviously cannot hold onto discussion that has no creativity, no reasoned argument, off-topicness of DRRR, lack of understanding of what even plot is, lack of comprehension and distortion of what I actually said.

Edited: Oh man.

AidanAK47 said:
Not isn't exactly true. The gaining of more weapons was necessary. For Hirano. It has already shown that Hirano is an excellent marksman. But without a weapon in his hands he is useless. The only gun they had in there possession before was a single handgun. Run out of bullets for that and Hirano becomes a burden. The gaining of more weapons give Hirano more purpose than a possible love interest or comedy character. This also brings up the situation of what happens when they do run out of bullets? Will Hirano become frustrated with himself being useless? This could lead to great character development.

As for the response to the zombie crisis this brings up this
More zombies = more dangerous situations
And human beings present obstacles as well with there methods of controlling the situation and madness. All of this can lead to future developments of situations that can allow the characters to show more sides of themselves.
And so on and so forth. Though this is would be build up and for a series that could be only 13 episodes long we just don't have time for build up.
I see. I admit that one of the reason Hirano being my favourite character, is the fact that he is the only one who seems to be actually changing and developing through the series.

Event does builds up mood and tension through out the series. However, not sure about how it is actually developing plot itself. The direction of the story is still very linear and stale. Let's see what we will get in next few episodes left.

Absolutely. Assuming of course that they don't do something extremely stupid as ignoring the original materiel and turning it into a generic fan service harem. Like with Rosario+vampire.
if this happens, I will destroy every singel mangroves in this world.
ringoo4Aug 17, 2010 6:22 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.