Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2008 9:52 PM

Jan 2008
loved this episode
Kaname is kawaii <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2008 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
I want more of the other vampires!!! Ichijou <3 (driving Kaname??)

The ep was ok, a little better than the previous one but still awfully slow. The art unfortunately seems to get worse =/

May 22, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2007
Ok episode, i dunno what is it that keeps me watching but in this one it was the flashbacks. I like flashbacks and i dislike the animation :D
May 22, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2007
I really can't see Yuuki ending up with either of them. She would either turn into a half vampire and risk turning into a level E at some point in her life which I doubt Kaname would ever want to happen. Or she would be a blood drink for Zero (unless they find a way to cure him which is doubtful). Realistically though, she has a better chance of ending up with Zero in the end...but I cant really see that happening since anime shows always toss in something random later on.

The OP and ED are drop hints but can be considered misleading as well.

The OP shows her drinking water that turned to blood which could indicate that she, at some point, will be turned into a vampire. It could also indicate that shes still human but trying to replenish her missing blood that zero took from her.

The ED shows her as a lifeless doll (similar to the OP's ballerina with strings) and then the lights go out and her eyes light up like a vampires. This in its self could indicate that shes a vampire or will be turned into one.

So its anyones guess how things will play out romantically for yuuki.
May 22, 2008 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
At first I was in love with the YuukiXZero pair but now I wonder -- or am second guessing that.

Kaname was just to adorable and I'm sure he has his reasons behind everything... Not to mentiion the pain it must have for him to not be able to bite her because of the Level E thing.

I hope zero gets her tho, because it just PISSED me off when she thought Kaname-sama was the one that had put the blanket on her! Stupid Yuuki...

So right now, I'm a bit confused with my feelings on who she will end up with... haha. Guess we'll find out, ne?
May 22, 2008 9:55 AM

Mar 2008
best episode yest i think.. there is something missing in the anime though >.<
May 22, 2008 1:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
I really can't see Yuuki ending up with either of them. She would either turn into a half vampire and risk turning into a level E at some point in her life which I doubt Kaname would ever want to happen. Or she would be a blood drink for Zero (unless they find a way to cure him which is doubtful). Realistically though, she has a better chance of ending up with Zero in the end...but I cant really see that happening since anime shows always toss in something random later on.

The OP and ED are drop hints but can be considered misleading as well.

The OP shows her drinking water that turned to blood which could indicate that she, at some point, will be turned into a vampire. It could also indicate that shes still human but trying to replenish her missing blood that zero took from her.

The ED shows her as a lifeless doll (similar to the OP's ballerina with strings) and then the lights go out and her eyes light up like a vampires. This in its self could indicate that shes a vampire or will be turned into one.

So its anyones guess how things will play out romantically for yuuki.

That was what I was talking about since episode 1. The OP and ED are too obvious.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 22, 2008 4:01 PM

Apr 2008
i cant see how this episode was boring, it was one of the better ones.

May 22, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
well.. since i'm a kaname yuuki fan, i guess you can guess this is one of my favorite episode so far, b'cause its shows a lot of scene with kaname and yuuki together.. not to mention, happy and sweet moments between the two... and i find young kaname soo cute.. as that red glowing eyes most people hate.. well i sorta like it.. for me, it shows how different they are from human,, and if its kaname's eyes that turns red, i take it as a defination as how powerfull and influential he is. i guess the reason why i just love kaname because he is a strong and pwerful character. he knows what he wants, and he make sure that he gets what he set his heart on.. and protect those who are important to him, unlike zero who sulk and retract when things happens that is out of his control.

well i guess this is my personal opinion
MY SIGNATURE

May 22, 2008 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
This has seriously been the best episode of the series for me. It provided much needed character development and held my interest to the end (though the beginning was kind of odd ...). It doesn't hurt that there was so much love for Kaname in this episode (especially as his adorable younger self); he's quickly become my favorite, although I don't see him and Yuuki ending up together. Yuuki's hero worship of Kaname makes more sense now as well.

Also, this show is ridiculously sexually charged, and it makes me giggle.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 23, 2008 12:05 AM

Jun 2007
Kaname looked better last time. Yuuki too. Zero not much change though.
May 23, 2008 3:01 AM

Feb 2008
I thought it was a good enough episode, I thought it was interesting to see what's happened.
I hate Kaname so much though.

mystik said:
I'd so love to see Zero take down some vampires already, especially kaname.

Agreed.
May 23, 2008 2:53 PM
Apr 2008
I liked yuuki's flashback its good
other than that i think it was ok
May 23, 2008 3:55 PM

Aug 2007
Eh flashbacks...It wasn't that entertaining.

Gah *falls asllep*..
May 24, 2008 3:48 AM

Apr 2008
Loved this episode =) The story was awsome
May 24, 2008 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
hmm I think this episode is needed too
But I don't agree with Yuuki and Kaname
Iunno when you see in the past how he comes over he seems more like a father than the chairman, which made me laugh
But I also agree with Senna, and I think Yuuki has more hero worship for Kaname, or maybe like the 'knight in shining armor' image most girls have after they read fairytales or books. But i think she should realize that she loves Zero!! Well...it seems like it to me:P
go Zero and Yuuki!!
May 24, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Eh flashbacks...It wasn't that entertaining.

Gah *falls asllep*..

Agreed. I can't stand flashbacks, but that's just me. I wish they'd got on with the story.
May 25, 2008 1:58 AM

Dec 2007
Ehhh, backstory is good for character development, but personally, that's not my big reason for watching. Kinda dull episode.

Also, has the animation gotten progressively worse, or is it just me? The characters don't look as pretty as they did for the first 3 or 4 eps.

May 25, 2008 4:35 AM

Feb 2008
Yuuki was so gorgeous... and sweet. I just love that scene when she's attempting to get dressed. And we got to see why Kaname and Zero are so conflicted animated... well I liked it more in manga, animation is lately getting sucky.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2008 5:20 AM

Mar 2008
the episode was okay...it was nice to see some character history...yeh it was a bit too much, i rather have them half episode FB, half episode story-continuation
i'm giving this 3/5

MAL list updates
May 25, 2008 10:17 PM

May 2008
yeah...i agree with you guys the animation is getting very odd, not to mention the manga drawings are beautiful and the anime seems kinda uncool! well anyways i figured out we would need this episode since there was no major character development.Either ways i consider the manga way better than this...it lacks something and i often get pissed by either kaname's comments or Yuuki's suppositions of kaname did this and that! Zerooo i love you even if you kill kaname...for me it's fine!! and is it my impression or is the anime just taking parts from every chapter and mixing them together? i don-t remember very well since i-m in the 39 chapter already and i forget those things really!
May 26, 2008 12:32 AM

Apr 2008
lblsslx said:
well.. since i'm a kaname yuuki fan, i guess you can guess this is one of my favorite episode so far, b'cause its shows a lot of scene with kaname and yuuki together.. not to mention, happy and sweet moments between the two... and i find young kaname soo cute.. as that red glowing eyes most people hate.. well i sorta like it.. for me, it shows how different they are from human

I agree. I loved this episode. I've become a Kaname x Yuuki fan. But I'll take Zero for myself. :P Seeing the sweet scenes between them when they were young was great. And seeing the conflict between Zero and Kaname when they were young too was just awesome. I plan on picking this manga up soon.

Oh, and I LOVE the red eyes glowing in the dark. Creepy! ^.^
May 26, 2008 3:34 PM

May 2008
I can't help being a Zero x Yuuki fan, even though it's obvious that she'll end up with Kaname. I love you Zero!!!
May 27, 2008 3:05 PM

Apr 2008
I'm confused. I like the show and am weak on the emo-drama crap, but well, just witnessing gloss'ed characters sigh over their sad existence isn't really satisfying. The show lacks a lot of information for me to be drawn into the story or sympathize with the characters.
Kaname is very dull - there's just hints of hints of possible dark objectives- Zero is hot and is the most fleshed out of all the chars yet, but he's still way too passive..And well, Yuuki is your usual shoujo main char.
I'm eager to see the plot that'll make all of them move and try to acomplish things and possibly solve all the mystery they packed up.
I want to believe there's something else than "let's live together in harmony" about this school.
OlireMay 27, 2008 3:47 PM
Head Over Heels
Jun 29, 2008 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
finally the flashback ep

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Jul 18, 2008 12:14 AM

Jan 2008
Finally some background info. Ok episode I guess.
Jul 26, 2008 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
Very good flashback episode, even more interesting than normal episode ;P
Aug 2, 2008 12:50 AM
Jul 2008
kYem said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like alot of flashbacks, finally you can understand why Yuki is afraid now ;)
Too bad i only saw raw (crappy raw ;(( ) but anyway this one was great in character development

kyaa! baka no vampire-tachi!! why cant they just get rid of their evilness like in Blood+... waaa...
Aug 26, 2008 2:21 AM

Mar 2008
I really seemed to feel with my heart some in this ep
Aug 27, 2008 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I really like the gunshot in the opening. \
& What the hell happened to that Kaname? The Kaname that was laughing and all, I really liked him then!

Anyway, for an episode that was almost all flashbacks to the past and even some recap to previous episodes, this was pretty good! It finally makes sense now how Yuuki got to the current point of liking Kaname yet not completely returning his feelings. I'm sort of glad she saw Kaname and Ruka together, that allows her to be stuck choosing between him and Zero now. This still doesn’t answer the question of why Yuuki is so special though - if anything it made me more curious!
Oct 11, 2008 3:51 AM

Jun 2008
flashbacks... hmmm...
Jan 24, 2009 12:32 AM
Mar 2008
Very informative episode. Yuuki is one confused chick, too bad for Zero, but he can feel how Kaname feels now. Lol'd at changing scene, chibi Yuuki is cute.
Apr 8, 2009 6:18 AM

May 2008
Sweet! I'm still holding out for some Zero/Kaname.
Apr 14, 2009 5:50 AM

Aug 2007
What an emotive episode.... I like it...
Sep 17, 2009 11:47 AM

Aug 2008
Kittenia said:
& What the hell happened to that Kaname? The Kaname that was laughing and all, I really liked him then!
Lol, I wonder too XD Wth with the RukaxKaname scene D:

This was a kinda boring episode D: But I liked the YuukixKaname scenes xD Cute. I want to know more.

Dec 16, 2009 6:40 AM

Nov 2009
i loved the part where she tried 2 dress herself!!! i was laughing soooo hard!!! X3
Jul 10, 2010 6:04 AM
Aug 2009
A lot of background story which tells us more about how the three of them are connected, after this episode I think I dislike Kaname more than before.
Feb 1, 2011 3:13 PM

Jun 2010
I decided to watch this episode in english Dub.
i got so excited when i found out Zero is the same voice actor as Edward Elric :3
i wont lie i had a fan girl moment...

still not liking this anime though (never read the manga) the style of animation is just too weird for me.
Feb 23, 2011 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
Mini Yuuki trying to dress up was cute. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 26, 2011 4:16 AM

Mar 2010
Am I the only one who thought young Yuuki looked horrible? Maybe I am biased because I do not like her, but stil, her eyes were freakishly huge.
As for anime, its okay. Not great, not bad, just okay.
Mar 7, 2011 2:35 PM

Aug 2010
What a good episode. When Yuki was small she was so cute ^^
Apr 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Jul 2011
kaname is starting to lure me to his team by being so sexy and just soo mysterious!!

but i still love zero
Jul 25, 2012 5:06 PM

May 2012
Nice episode I do wonder if Yuki will ever confess her feelings!
Jun 30, 2013 8:49 PM

Oct 2011
Good episode.
The back story was very much needed.

On other note: They're moving this anime pretty darn fast aren't they?
Oct 31, 2013 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm now we know the past :).
Sep 1, 2014 8:14 AM
Aug 2014
Enjoyed this episode. I love watching Kaname and Yuki together.... although Zero is interesting, too. :D
Jun 13, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
Kayro said:
Even though I'm not a big fan of flashback episodes, I found this one to be pretty good.
Jun 13, 2015 8:09 AM

Jun 2010
Gaia said:
Good episode in regards to back story. A needed episode.
Jun 25, 2015 8:22 AM

Nov 2014
I am not sure why I am hating Kanami, he proved himself to be have the best attitude and he loves Yuki! Yet I really really hate him and I would be happy if he died as soon as possible :/
Oct 4, 2016 8:54 PM

May 2014
Man. For a while, I was getting kinda irritated by Zero's angsty attitude, but now I'm starting to feel pretty bad for him. His family was killed by vampires, he got turned into one, and now he's having to take all the crap of being treated as the lowest rank on the vampire social tier. Kaname, in addition, is basically playing god by telling him he's allowing him to live for the sake of keeping the love of the girl they're basically fighting over. A whole bunch of this misfortune is nothing but bad luck, so I think all his sulking is justified.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jacut - Jun 10, 2008

102 by alteredsnow »»
May 16, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.