Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 14, 2010 5:31 PM
I know I shouldn't ask such thing but I think it would be nice if other members can see what anime that you won't watch as well as watched ones. This can be useful in anime recommendation as people can see what anime that you avoid without need to offend anyone.

I know lots of people disagree with me but at least I tried to give an idea.
Gays and lesbians never hate each other. Fans of both did.

Aug 14, 2010 5:36 PM

This has been recommended before.

You can just SAY what type of anime you won't watch in the recommendation thread when you ask for one. What would telling people what you won't watch on your list accomplish?

Aug 14, 2010 9:31 PM

There have been others who suggested this before.

I personally don't see the point of implementing this. There's no point in letting other users know what you won't watch. If you don't wanna watch something, it's simple- just don't add it into your list.

Aug 14, 2010 9:55 PM
Mahou Shounen

AlexSadist-sama said:
There have been others who suggested this before.

I personally don't see the point of implementing this. There's no point in letting other users know what you won't watch. If you don't wanna watch something, it's simple- just don't add it into your list.

and if you have to make a blog

Aug 18, 2010 4:40 PM

Yeah, that's something I've wished was available. I don't want it so I can show off to other people what I won't watch. It would be for personal reference. Maybe it could even be a private feature. Like, "Oh, yeah, that's that really low-scored anime that everyone said was lame, so I probably don't want to waste my time."

Aug 21, 2010 3:41 AM

I kinda agree with this, I know a cousin who wants to put ALL anime on her list but there's some she she didn't even want to try.

Aug 21, 2010 1:42 PM

I somewhat agree. I dont want a list, but I would like an option that I can put so that I can flag a series and it will show up on its page that Im not interested. There is so often I will see a series that looks interesting, read the synopsis and then realize Ive read the synopsis a few times already and always decided it wasnt for me. It would be great if I could have an option to flag it so that when I see it I already know Im not interested in it. Maybe a visual next to the name in recommendation links or as a text flag on the page itself.

Aug 21, 2010 1:44 PM
this sounds kind of like the "dropped" list(at least for me). If I drop an anime, I won't watch it.

Aug 21, 2010 10:44 PM

animedark said:
this sounds kind of like the "dropped" list(at least for me). If I drop an anime, I won't watch it.

To drop it you would have to watch it first.

This sounds to me like a "judging a book by its cover" type system.

Aug 22, 2010 12:03 PM

I like the idea. But it won't be as useful as it could given the lack of interactions of lists with the system.

Aug 24, 2010 11:53 PM

Useless idea. If you're not going to watch it, don't put it in your plan to watch list. Simple.

Sep 8, 2010 6:41 PM
Why not list them in dropped with zero episode watched?

Sep 8, 2010 6:43 PM

It's just another way to hate on a series.

Pointless like the whole thread says.

Sep 25, 2010 10:15 AM

I actually find this more useful for the recommendation bot/script out there. I refuse to watch ecchi and/or harem anime, however that thing ONLY recommended me such anime. Having a system I can either publicly or privately check a box or something of "won't watch" or even set a whole genre to "won't watch" would be helpful for that thing. It'd be helpful for the search system too as it can be set up to never throw at you ecchi/harem crap when your just looking for a good scifi show with mecha in it that's not Gundam.

Sep 28, 2010 5:41 AM

jaelyndari said:
I somewhat agree. I dont want a list, but I would like an option that I can put so that I can flag a series and it will show up on its page that Im not interested. There is so often I will see a series that looks interesting, read the synopsis and then realize Ive read the synopsis a few times already and always decided it wasnt for me. It would be great if I could have an option to flag it so that when I see it I already know Im not interested in it. Maybe a visual next to the name in recommendation links or as a text flag on the page itself.

This one would be nice. Perhaps next to the 'Add Series To My List', is 'Won't Watch' so that I'll just skip that title. I also don't really need a list, just some reminder on the anime page itself.

Mar 26, 2013 3:39 PM

Titanchain said:

This is exactly the reason I want this. Sorry for bring up an old thread but I would really want this "won't watch" list.

Like the quoted person said, I find myself going back to some anime (Because come on, i'm not going to remember the names of all the anime) Anyways I find myself going back to some anime that I had previously decided I didn't want to watch. IF an option to put it on my won't watch list or some kind of red flag would appear next to the title, so I would be like, Oh yeah I didn't want to watch that, moving on. No need to waste my time reading the sypnosis and reviews all over again, to decide the same thing.

It's not to hate on the anime itself, I just want to note it to myself as (NO moon, you already said you weren't watching it, move on!) :D.

And putting it on my dropped list would just put a negative inpact on the anime, which I don't want, simply because it's not to my taste.

dropped list would be for anime that i did want to watch but turned out to be really bad or something totally else.

so, please consider this.

Mar 26, 2013 6:45 PM

MoonxArtemis said:

And putting it on my dropped list would just put a negative inpact on the anime, which I don't want, simply because it's not to my taste.

Frankly I could not understand the negative impact you mentioned. You can specify a "won't watch" tag when adding it to your dropped list. You can even add anime to your "plan to watch" list along with that "won't watch" tag.
Alternatively you may create a club and add all anime you won't watch to club relations. The club name will be displayed on relevant anime info page and consequently you will always be reminded.

Mar 26, 2013 6:52 PM

By negative impact I mean in the stats. People who put their "won't watch" anime to the dropped list, will put people off and make them believe the anime is just that bad.

And about creating the club, I guess it can be done that way. I guess I can consider it, but I would rather them add some type of like an (X) next to any title we marked as won't watch.

Mar 29, 2013 5:06 AM
can even add anime to your "plan to watch" list along with that "won't watch" tag.
Alternatively you may create a club and add all a

Mar 29, 2013 5:21 AM
there isn't a need

Mar 30, 2013 4:16 PM

Looks like K-On would be mentioned a lot of times.

Mar 30, 2013 4:23 PM

Rinkadoshimo said:
I don't see why, and what does that comment have to do with the suggestion?

Mar 30, 2013 5:59 PM
Ghost in the API

It's pointless. Just don't watch. Though, it's funny to imagine people looking for anime they won't watch.

Mar 30, 2013 6:05 PM

Mr-Freeman said:
animedark said:

To drop it you would have to watch it first.

This sounds to me like a "judging a book by its cover" type system.
What he said

Mar 30, 2013 7:27 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Rinkadoshimo said:

Basically I'm childish and stupid so it doesn't even have to make any sense. And K-On is horrible and I like to point it out because K-On fans are the ones who rage, but not regular rage, like rape-rage.

Apr 1, 2013 11:18 AM

Might as well make a "won't watch because I'm a hater" list

Apr 1, 2013 11:41 AM

Rinkadoshimo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Rinkadoshimo said:

Basically I'm childish and stupid so it doesn't even have to make any sense. And K-On is horrible and I like to point it out because K-On fans are the ones who rage, but not regular rage, like rape-rage.
I'm glad you admit it. Well then I think K-ON is a great anime, I mean you're childish and stupid, what do you know.

Apr 4, 2013 2:11 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Rinkadoshimo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Rinkadoshimo said:

I'm glad you admit it. Well then I think K-ON is a great anime, I mean you're childish and stupid, what do you know.

It is indeed.

Apr 28, 2013 10:44 PM

Guys/girls, why are you being so stubborn? Why not be a bit more understanding? Some people might actually have good reasons to add animes to a "won't watch" list.

I just found out Cowboy Bebop is an "episodic" anime, which I wasn't aware of for some time, and what I look for in animes is complete, connected stories. And since there are lots of "episodic" animes, this can be really hard-to-remember for some people.

This was just an example, people can have various of reasons for it and it should be perfectly normal. Can you honestly claim you can remember every single title that you decided it's not for good you, NOT because of "judging a book from it's cover" but because of some unchangeable reasons?

Please be a little bit more understanding and implement this.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist

Apr 29, 2013 5:12 AM

This is kind of interesting.

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

Apr 29, 2013 7:42 AM

Prequel said:
Guys/girls, why are you being so stubborn? Why not be a bit more understanding? Some people might actually have good reasons to add animes to a "won't watch" list.

I just found out Cowboy Bebop is an "episodic" anime, which I wasn't aware of for some time, and what I look for in animes is complete, connected stories. And since there are lots of "episodic" animes, this can be really hard-to-remember for some people.

This was just an example, people can have various of reasons for it and it should be perfectly normal. Can you honestly claim you can remember every single title that you decided it's not for good you, NOT because of "judging a book from it's cover" but because of some unchangeable reasons?

Yes I can remember the name of every anime I've decided never to watch. And you can just add them to your dropped list.

Apr 29, 2013 10:12 AM

IntroverTurtle said:
Prequel said:

Yes I can remember the name of every anime I've decided never to watch. And you can just add them to your dropped list.

At first I also thought it wouldn't be useful, the "won't watch" list! But, even if I also remember most of the anime/manga I don't want to watch/read, other user don't know it! I don't want to put on my dropped list something I didn't start, because to drop something I believe you have to start watching/reading for at least 1 full episode/chapter!
With the "won't watch" list, other users shouldn't tell you "why didn't you watch "Clannad After Story" yet, it's soooo coool" because it would be in my "won't watch" list!
Or at least, since the "plan to watch" list have "priority" setting, add "never" to the "low, medium, high", but "won't watch" list would be more useful!

And I think the "dropped" list have an impact on the anime/manga ranking/rating no? at least for the one with a rating!

May 2, 2013 10:00 PM

weakwithwords said:
2013-05-03T08:47:12+08:00

You can't drop something you never even started.

2013-05-03T08:47:49+08:00

People use the tags column to write their own opinions about the anime they watched.

Point is, you can use the list any way you like.

Why can't everyone just read the synopsis and then decide what you will watch or will not watch?

May 10, 2013 7:42 PM

Seems as though this went to two pages so I'll put my two cents worth. While I agree one can simply put it in their about me section or make comments on their list that they won't watch something, how many people honestly READ ALL of an about me or list comments? 'Won't watch' option would be handy because as weak said you can't drop something if you haven't seen it. Unless you guys decide to change it to where you can drop without having seen an episode. In that case I would be fine with it, but I'd have to agree I don't think it would be fair to the anime stats to do that. Flagging would be a nice option if nothing else. It stays private to the user and they can be reminded.

I don't have to HAVE this option but it would be nice in anyway it can be implemented.

May 10, 2013 8:00 PM

Socke said:
This can be useful in anime recommendation as people can see what anime that you avoid without need to offend anyone.

You really think adding a Won't Watch List will mitigate this?
Person 1: "Looking for great anime"

Person 2: "I recommend Cowboy Bebop"

Person 1: "Sorry, I don't watch anything with old art, refer to my Won't Watch List"

Person 2: "WTF MAN YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON A GREAT STORY WITH GREAT OST AND EVERYTHING, WTF WTF"

Person 1: "Can't get past the art"

Person 2: "Go fuck yourself"

Obviously that was an exaggeration, but no matter what, people will still bitch, very unlikely a won't watch list will solve much.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

May 10, 2013 8:17 PM

I think it's okay to "drop" it at 0 episodes, or even write a review and rate it 1/10. No matter the reason why you tried to watch it, or refuse to watch it, your opinion is equally as invalid as the opinions of those that have watched it and liked or disliked it.

Though, I don't think it would be bad to have a "Won't Watch" list. There are a lot of shows that I have no interest in watching, but don't want to put on my dropped list, without at least "trying" it.