Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2007 3:52 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />That was a nice episode, I thought. Mercutio is a bastard though. He's obviously trying to get Romeo and Juliet together, knowing that Romeo won't be able to follow into his father's position eventually as long as he's together with Juliet. So he's planning to get into Romeo's position once he's out of the way.

There was quite a lot of action in this episode, but I don't understand where that flood came from that swept Juliet away. I'm looking forward to finding out what role the spring plays exactly.

Romeo jumping of that ledge in order to save Juliet was a bit unrealistic, reminded me of the leap Juliet did in one of the first eps.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 8, 2007 2:54 PM

May 2007
Ah, I really enjoyed this episode. I really don't like Mercutio's character, either. And I agree about that leap that Romeo did ... there was sort of a pause after he jumped that I was like ... is he going to land in the water or something? But then he just landed in front of her with no cushioning whatsoever and he was perfectly alright. O_o But it reminded me ... at Anime Expo they screened the first two episodes all day and then they had a panel with the executive producer of the anime that I went to, and people kept asking him questions like why is this here, why did you do that ... and he kept giving answers like, in real life you can only do so much ... so in animation, you can do whatever you think up with no restrictions... so that jump made me think of that. Heh. "La la la ... jumping off ledges is fun~..."
Jul 9, 2007 1:21 AM
Sep 2006
I more or less enjoyed the episode because it was a nice balance of action, drama, and the fluff of the two main character's relationship. Not only that, it seems like the girl's got her fighting spirit back. It's so annoying to see Juliet completely weak in comparison to the first episode of her strong-woman days. I would hope that the next can at least come to par with this one in some manner. I don't want another twelve, those episodes make me lose faith so easily. --- Only The Bitch Knows (Still Updating)

On a side note, where is Conrad? Seriously, did he just vanish?
Jul 9, 2007 1:29 AM

May 2007
Hmmm ... Conrad? It seems that he's been cut out of the story for the time being. ;; But, wasn't it mentioned in passing in the last episode or two (I really can't remember when it was exactly...) that he was injured, but slowly getting better or something? So I expect he'll come back into the anime ... erm, eventually.
Jul 9, 2007 6:56 AM

Aug 2006
cyruz said:
There was quite a lot of action in this episode, but I don't understand where that flood came from that swept Juliet away. I'm looking forward to finding out what role the spring plays exactly.

The way I understood it is that the witch/mage/or whatever she is that is guarding the tree caused that to "summon" Juliet to the tree for whatever reason... there is some link to Juliet and that tree, obviously... some sort of "magical" link... that will bring the other tree back to life, I think... maybe... dunno...
Jul 9, 2007 7:00 AM

Nov 2004
Okay episode. When we had that Juliet and the tree bit I was thinking in my head "Hmm... as if the real Romeo and Juliet had these fantasy elements o.o".. but with flying animals I forgot that it doesn't get more fantasy-like then that.

I'm glad Juliet didn't do something dumb and like... refuse to run leaving Romeo thus ruining everyone's efforts. :P
Jul 9, 2007 7:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Chelle said:
cyruz said:

The way I understood it is that the witch/mage/or whatever she is that is guarding the tree caused that to "summon" Juliet to the tree for whatever reason... there is some link to Juliet and that tree, obviously... some sort of "magical" link... that will bring the other tree back to life, I think... maybe... dunno...

That would make sense. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 9, 2007 7:18 PM

Jan 2007
Curio kicks so much ass it ain't even funny. I'm glad somebody finally gave Juliet a good talking-to.

Next episode...Romeo gets sold into slavery...? O.o
Jul 12, 2007 10:13 AM

May 2007
Curio's words are definitely encouraging and it certainly helps that Juliet has regained her resolve.

I really enjoyed this episode... the horrible decisions of the last episode have lead us to this... gotta take the bad with the good.

Escalus... I really like the mysticism and fantasy introduced in this series. I really want to know more.

It seems that Mercutio's role may increase now and I wonder how Hermione will get involved. She's a very naive girl who is trapped in a one-sided love. Bad things could come for her... emotionally and mentally.

Next episode looks interesting. Romeo doing manual labor. I really want him to punch his father... just once.

Here's what I like to see happen:
Romeo runs away, renouncing his family name and throwing away his past along with his personal feelings of it. He becomes stronger and aids in overthrowing the Grand Duke and the corrupt members of the government, so on and so forth.
Sep 10, 2009 9:10 PM

Aug 2009
damn...when juliet was surrounded in that fountain i was thinking 'Tybalt! Hurry up and get your ass here and grab her or something!'

But something much better came along...ROMEO! <3

sigh, but i'm missing tybalt. he's been offscreen for too long now!
Jan 15, 2010 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
Hahahaha. Why were there like 20 something guards when Juliet met Romeos dad? SHE'S A GIRL! And not that scary. I'm just sayin'

Liked the episode a lot. So sweet. And YAY she got away and didn't stay with Romeo for once!
<i>Even if I carry these countless scars with me
Quickly or softly, either way you aren't getting my soul</i>
Aug 10, 2010 10:03 PM

Apr 2010
Cheesy sweet fluffy end of the episode...
Sep 12, 2010 9:41 AM
Jul 2010
Liked this episode. At least it had some action^^ And no inconsistencies either so it was nice.
Anyway, the tree (Escalus isn't it?) annoys me. I like the pegasus but really, the magic tree seems wired right now. It's almost like it doesn't fit. And the scene with all the water was completely unnecessary. Unless it's needed to explain some stuff later. Which I don't like either because I wouldn't want to see the tree having major importance for the plot development. Anyway, I think the tree is somehow connected to Juliet because she can give love to others. You see, the gardener said, some episodes ago, that the reason the other tree died was because it lacked love and that Escalus, like a person, would need not only food but also love to survive. (I don't quite agree with that but well... that's what she said)
Nov 27, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
Such a good pace with perfect tense plot for an episode I am so happy ~ :D
May 2, 2012 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Prince Montague really needs better training for his troops. He probably lost around 50 guys to just 2 men and those 2 guys never even got injured. The Pegasus’s should also get checked because it looks like they are losing an alarming amount of feathers.

I don’t know quite what to think about that tree. It feels unnecessary but may turn out to be a good thing. I do like how Mercutio is getting a more important role even though he isn’t that likeable of a character. At least he’s crafty so there is potential that he can become a really good villain in this show or become a good guy at the last minute; whichever side is in line with his interests.
Jul 17, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2011
LIked this episode. The scene between Romeo and Juliet at the end was cute, and not cheesy like it usually is. +1
Feb 7, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2012
Great development! Good that Juliet managed to escape, and well I do wonder what will happen next and what Romeo will face!
Jun 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Dec 2013
its pretty horrible to see everyone thinking she betrayed him and that the king can execute her without any argumentation
May 3, 2017 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
I did not even think about that being Mercutio's plan, maybe it is and I just wasn't paying attention lol. I still kinda like Mercutio.

I also didn't get the flood, I was like "erm, did I miss something?!" lol!

I'm glad Juliet got away though.
Jul 16, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2014
Mercutio is my boy. I hope he doesn't die

RIP Romeos knees

Dec 14, 2018 11:12 PM

May 2013
Hermione needs to chill. Juliet loves Romeo more than she ever could lol

That tree fairy/goddess/protector pretty much told us the Capulets are going to take back what was once theirs; or at least have her make a comeback :D Hope Juliet's love can bring that dying tree back to life

I wonder what exactly you can benefit from it tho :3 cuz Prince Montague sure is concerned with it lulz
May 12, 2021 4:58 PM

Mar 2018
Hermione better not go full yandere.

Still surprises me how high people can jump in this show lol. Geralt should take a hint.

"~and he loved to play the piano!"

Mar 31, 2022 6:53 PM
Mar 2019
Juliet is sentenced to death but still escapes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.