Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 13, 2010 10:03 AM

Looking for a fun action/adventure/comedy anime. Anything with loveable chars and good story will do...

Aug 13, 2010 10:05 AM

Grove Adventure Rave
MAR

Despite the fact you know you have fallen into despair, you still fight for hope.

Aug 13, 2010 10:17 AM
One Piece

Aug 13, 2010 10:20 AM

supersayen said:
One Piece

I have heard this comparison quite alot.... I have been thinking about checking out One Piece, but the sloppy character design kinda throws me off. I find myself wondering if it's worth to look past the *sorry for the OP fans* crappy animation. My friend says it's as epic or even more epic than Fairy Tail, but I dunno X.x

Aug 13, 2010 10:23 AM
The animation is better later on and yes it's more epic than Fairy Tail and I've only watched 120 episodes, apparently it gets even better after that.

Aug 13, 2010 10:25 AM

I was never really bothered by the animation in OP :/ and I saw the 4kids dubs, but OP >>> FT, by a lot, imo.
Other than that, Groove Adventure Rave too, though I recommend the manga seeing as it's longer and complete.
Dragonball is a nice choice too.
Kyou kara Maou! is a nice one as well, I liked that. It's alternative universe jumping and comedy.

Aug 13, 2010 10:30 AM

supersayen said:
The animation is better later on and yes it's more epic than Fairy Tail and I've only watched 120 episodes, apparently it gets even better after that.

Ok after I'm done with Blood+, I guess I will check it out. Anymore epic adventure animes I should know of? I checked some reviews of Groove Adventure Rave but I don't think I will like it.

Aug 13, 2010 10:56 AM

One Piece is a lot like Fairy Tale, but you've already heard that : p You could try Soul Eater, though! It is really funny, lots of epic battles and lots of lovable characters, just like Fairy Tale : D And I think the drawing and animation style is quite alike.

Aug 13, 2010 1:35 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:
One Piece

I have heard this comparison quite alot.... I have been thinking about checking out One Piece, but the sloppy character design kinda throws me off. I find myself wondering if it's worth to look past the *sorry for the OP fans* crappy animation. My friend says it's as epic or even more epic than Fairy Tail, but I dunno X.x

My thing exactly. Animation is not the problem, the art itself is quite ugly. (People tend to mix art and animation).
Anyway, you get used to OP's art soon enough, and characters are wonderful, a lot better then ones in FT.
But there's no magic & stuff like that in OP, so I dunno how similar really is it.

Aug 13, 2010 2:28 PM
What do you mean there's no magic ? There's THAT guy who can use fire like Natsu xD

Aug 13, 2010 9:31 PM

Dude, one piece is worth a try, A friend of mine has been constantly insisting me to watch this one years ago (2002), and I finally gave it a chance this year. It's an awesome experience! Get one piece right this very moment. I'm dead serious.

Aug 13, 2010 9:48 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:

Ok after I'm done with Blood+, I guess I will check it out. Anymore epic adventure animes I should know of? I checked some reviews of Groove Adventure Rave but I don't think I will like it.
As everyone has been saying One Piece is what you're looking for. I hated just about everything about One Piece, but it grew on me and I love it now (including art and character designs). I'm really picky about that kind of stuff too.

Another show that has an "epic" adventure feel is Outlaw Star. It's a bit older but has aged very well. Lots of cool stuff in this series. Kind of like a non-shounen One Piece for an older audience.

I know more good adventure anime but I wouldn't really consider them as "epic".

Aug 14, 2010 12:51 AM

SnG said:
someguy112 said:
supersayen said:
One Piece

My thing exactly. Animation is not the problem, the art itself is quite ugly. (People tend to mix art and animation).
Anyway, you get used to OP's art soon enough, and characters are wonderful, a lot better then ones in FT.
But there's no magic & stuff like that in OP, so I dunno how similar really is it.

Well, my bad... Anyway I don't watch Fairy Tail cause it has magic, don't worry I'm not some weird wizard dude who only plays games with wizards and watches Harry Potter. It's just theres something about Fairy Tail, I can't explain it but I just want more. And due to popular demand I will give One Piece a chance!

Aug 14, 2010 5:00 PM
gif taken from monkey_d_luffy's profile:

the animation will surpass Fairy Tail as you can see here lol

Aug 14, 2010 9:01 PM

one piece and fairy has got some similarity in animation style that's because both oda an shinji where on the same art school as what i've heard

Aug 14, 2010 11:23 PM

supersayen said:

Well then they should do a HD remake of the early episodes XD

Aug 14, 2010 11:42 PM

someguy112 said:
supersayen said:

Well then they should do a HD remake of the early episodes XD

Why not go read the manga if you don't want to watch the anime? Seeing as you have Fairy Tail, Naruto and Bleach in your favorites for manga, it's absolutely criminal you have yet to read One Piece.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Aug 15, 2010 1:54 AM

the animation is crappy cause it started in 1998-1999 -_-
wasn't that obvious ?

Aug 15, 2010 5:47 AM

Splitter said:

Why not go read the manga if you don't want to watch the anime? Seeing as you have Fairy Tail, Naruto and Bleach in your favorites for manga, it's absolutely criminal you have yet to read One Piece.

It's because I don't read alot of manga and I'd rather watch anime. I have read a couple of series but at the moment the only manga series I follow are the 3 in my favourites, that doesn't mean I actually like them the most xD. (Although I do love Fairy Tail :3 )

And smokes, there are animes from that time with better art style too, not that it's anything bad that the art style was crappy. Just that it turns off some people, like me. Who are graphics freaks with games and art quality freaks with animes XD

Aug 15, 2010 8:13 AM

^dont worry, it will improve later.. around 230 episode.. when there will appear HD episodes.. and where all the anime started to change the quality..

Sep 28, 2010 1:59 AM
o.o I'm disgusted with how you can even attempt to compare Fairy Tail with that third rate Anime known as "One Piece".... I tried watching 10 episodes, and it just got more boring as it went on. The animation is so much worse than Fairy Tail (And yes, I've looked at the most recent episodes, still crap animation) and the way the characters are drawn is ridiculous. Not to mention the character background is depressing @.@.

If you want to watch an anime that's as amazing and "epic" as Fairy Tale, give Mahou Sensei Negima, and the rest of it's sequel and prequel series, a try. Also, another good one I have come across is History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Also known as Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple). Good luck to you.

Sep 28, 2010 2:15 AM

Well, I can't talk much about One Piece since I only saw like 5 episodes - but to me they were boring.

On topic:If you wanna see something epic with magic try Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. Characters are not as great as those in Fairy Tail but the story is making up for it.

Sep 28, 2010 11:55 AM

Truthfully, when I first saw Fairy Tail, I instantly thought of One Piece. So I too suggest One Piece.

Rave Master (Groove Adventure Rave) is the work made before Fairy Tail, by the same author. I have read the manga (nearly completed), and I presume the anime doesn't differ too much.

Kenichi is great as well. It didn't give me the same feel as Fairy Tail, but it is thoroughly enjoyable, hilarious, and amazing.

Sep 28, 2010 12:00 PM
I also would like to recommend Soul Eater.
only big difference is that they use weapons instead of magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtf1l6d48U

edit: amv ^

Oct 30, 2010 12:05 AM

I wanna thank everyone who suggested One Piece. Sorry if this is reviving an old topic, just that I finished watching it and reading the manga and it is a masterpiece. Thanks everyone!

Jun 18, 2012 7:24 PM
I suggest One Piece because for some reasons it comes up to me when i started to watch the first episode.Since some others of you think One Piece is boring watch all the episode to 520.Then you'll think the same.Even though One Piece dosent use magic, its still similar to Fairy Tail. Hope you agree afterwards.

Jun 18, 2012 8:09 PM

Thus a dead thread was reborn<3

Jun 18, 2012 8:17 PM
Fairytaill is pretty bad, not that hard to get a better anime.

I think you would like Capeta, legend of the legendary heroes, and fate/zeo

Oct 9, 2012 12:06 PM
I had to make an account, just to post on this! ARE YOU SERIOUS! Fairy Tail has to be one of the most epic animes I have EVER watched. And I'm watched a lot. The character building, the story line, the music, everything is so amazing! I just finished Episode 151, waiting for more D:
But I couldn't stand reading all of these comments saying that there could be something more epic than fairy tail. NOTHING COULD.

I need a new anime to watch while I wait for my beloved fairy tail. But nothing could ever compare to it. after episode 80 or so, the story line because truly AMAZING and heartfelt. The love they share for their friends, the relationships building. It's what a truly epic anime is meant to be.

That is all.

Oct 9, 2012 12:09 PM
Highschool of the Dead.

Oct 9, 2012 12:09 PM
Bre-san said:
I had to make an account, just to post on this! ARE YOU SERIOUS! Fairy Tail has to be one of the most epic animes I have EVER watched. And I'm watched a lot. The character building, the story line, the music, everything is so amazing! I just finished Episode 151, waiting for more D:
But I couldn't stand reading all of these comments saying that there could be something more epic than fairy tail. NOTHING COULD.

I need a new anime to watch while I wait for my beloved fairy tail. But nothing could ever compare to it. after episode 80 or so, the story line because truly AMAZING and heartfelt. The love they share for their friends, the relationships building. It's what a truly epic anime is meant to be.

That is all.

this friendship is the worst part of the show...

Dec 30, 2012 11:05 AM
I cant believe that i had to do an account to write a comment (´Д` ), but anyway, as everyone said, i would sugest one piece, but i would also sugest the following:

Kyo kara maoh
Denetsu no yuusha no denetsu/legend of the legendary heroes
Historys strongest deciple kenichi
Soul eater
Eyeshield 21 (not about magic or anything, still good ☆〜(ゝ。∂))
Bleach
1/2 prince ( YOU MUST WATCH THIS, THIS ANIME IS AMAZING o(&gE;▽&lE;)o )
Magi
Shaman king
Sugar sugar rune
Elemental gelade
Nabari no ou

This is what i sugest, but some of them may not contain magic 'n stuff, but i sugest them in any case because i think we have the same taste o(^▽^)o
YOLO

Aug 15, 2015 8:57 PM
mike2096 said:
Fairytaill is pretty bad, not that hard to get a better anime.

I think you would like Capeta, legend of the legendary heroes, and fate/zeo
Bre-san said:

That is all.
First off REALLY!?! FAIRY TAIL ROCKS! Second off I have to agree I watch many Animes and none have touch me as much as Fairy Tail also. I do recommend Soul Eater. It is a great and with fun characters. Pretty good art style but they use magic weapon people instead of magic(P.S. Natsu Rules!!!!) Also when looking up Soul Eater not get it confused with Soul Eater Not.

Aug 15, 2015 9:33 PM

ONE PIECE

then Hunter x Hunter 2011

Aug 15, 2015 9:57 PM

Aug 15, 2015 10:21 PM

Thread created in 2010.
Necroed in 2012.
Necroed again in 2015.
The necro is strong in this one.

Aug 15, 2015 10:59 PM

Magi both seasons

Nanatsu no Taizai - I absolutely recommend this one. Watch it immediately.