Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 9, 2011 4:11 PM

thepapercut said:

Ken levine is the man..Just the whole atmosphere is amazing..and Crow Power for the maximum awesomeness.

Holy crap that looks amazing. Genuinely pushing the medium forward, it looks ridiculously entertaining.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Apr 11, 2011 5:24 AM

Did I just see this guy catch a bullet with the telekineses power ?
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"

Apr 12, 2011 12:33 AM

JohnShepard said:
Did I just see this guy catch a bullet with the telekineses power ?

depends he caught a turret/canon shell and when he was in the closed bar he grab a mans guy and fired it at him.

Also everyone asking about new footage, E3 is going to be the second live demo.
Modified by thepapercut, Apr 12, 2011 12:48 AM
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.

Jun 22, 2011 2:25 AM

i'm a fan of bioshock just loved the first 1 and the second can't wait for this one lol only difference is your in the sky and the main Char talks XD + better graphics and new enemies :O and of course new story plot :D

Jun 22, 2011 4:42 AM

^ My goodness necro.
iShouldGoPro said:
this game is about to be soooo awesome !

Elizabeth has an amazing rack : o
How old is she again? Someone mentioned 15, and I was like, woooooooooah. ... no.

Jun 22, 2011 1:10 PM

If she's 15 then that is ridiculous.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Jun 23, 2011 1:03 AM

Tachii said:
^ My goodness necro.
iShouldGoPro said:
this game is about to be soooo awesome !

Elizabeth has an amazing rack : o
How old is she again? Someone mentioned 15, and I was like, woooooooooah. ... no.

Levine always refers to Elizabeth as a "young woman." My guess would be she is 18...I don't think 15 when I see her.

also if you haven't seen it:

I'm stilling trying to get ahold of the live demo footage from E3 but no one has let it loose yet, hate when it's shown to a small crowd of journalist's and no one camera captures it.

Jun 23, 2011 5:08 AM

I'm really curious to see how those rails and the game pacing in general will work, it just seems so random.

Jun 23, 2011 2:57 PM

Hopefully better than the 2nd one. Bioshock 2 was just not nearly as good as the first one. It also felt far too easy even on the highest difficulty level, leaving me rather bored with it's combat. Which is a shame, since it's combat is so fun when the game is more challenging.

Jun 27, 2011 7:13 AM
I am just puzzled why this game is the game of E3 for PC PS3 360 and the game of the show. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Jun 30, 2011 4:59 PM

shintai88 said:
I am just puzzled why this game is the game of E3 for PC PS3 360 and the game of the show. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Cause it's just plain awesome?

Also for anyone interesting mr.levine put out the first 2 mins of the full 15 min e3 2011 demo..the rest of it will come out july 7th.
Video:

If I had to say one thing..lotta emotion being used. Irrational I tip my hat to you.

Mar 26, 2013 9:41 PM

So this is coming out today or yesterday I believe.

It's getting ridiculously high reviews atm. Looks brilliant. I WISH MY PC COULD PLAY IT BUT NO.

GOTY already?

Mar 29, 2013 7:43 AM

Holy smoke, I didn't expect that going in. Major spoilers ahead.

Had my fair share of issues along the way but they were redeemed a bit by a conclusion so ambitious in this medium that I can just congratulate Ken and his team for making the effort.
Modified by GuZ, Mar 29, 2013 12:16 PM

Mar 29, 2013 8:03 AM

People seem to finish this game way faster than me, spent nearly 15 hours so far and im still not done.
Got some people that finished it in about 9 hours, guess I just suck too much on hard difficulty or am taking it tooo slow.

Great game though.

Mar 29, 2013 9:00 AM

my boyfriend just bought it today and sent a pic to my phone with the text "look what i got :D"

i have never felt so more irked in my life lol i want this game so bad :c

Mar 29, 2013 9:00 AM

Amadyeus said:
People seem to finish this game way faster than me, spent nearly 15 hours so far and im still not done.
Got some people that finished it in about 9 hours, guess I just suck too much on hard difficulty or am taking it tooo slow.

Great game though.

Took me about 15 hours and I got all the collectibles and really went out of my way to see and hear everything. Played through nearly the whole thing on Hard but the final fight was so frustrating that I had to switch it down to Normal. Didn't care particularly much for the enemy encounter and level design though so wish I would have turned the difficulty down sooner.

Mar 29, 2013 12:31 PM

It looks really cool. I was kinda worried with all that talk about people leaving the studio and stuff.
It's only 15 hours long? :c

Mar 29, 2013 1:19 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Gaah i don't have enough money to buy it : (

Mar 29, 2013 1:33 PM

I finished it in about 8.5 hours, the ending really felt like a cop out to me. Though the environmental detail was awesome.

Mar 29, 2013 1:55 PM

15 hours is a good time for a FPS game, could never imagine playing a FPS for as long as a RPG game.

And I really liked the ending tbh, so I don't really agree with it being a cop out :(

Mar 29, 2013 2:02 PM

the lore and attention to detail was great. story was good and unique with it's twists; but the gameplay felt tiresome. If I ever play again, I'm probably going to switch to easy to just worry about finding cool little details and not be annoyed by enemies.

The latter half of the game gameplay-wise felt waaaaaaay too drawn out and repetetive. Fighting the same boss 3 times?!?!? Wow that's lazy.

Edit: Overall very great game though. One of the best in recent years.
Modified by NullMoon94, Mar 29, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 30, 2013 11:20 AM

HELP!

I'm stuck at the part where you have to defeat Lady Comstock's ghost.

So friggin hard, Every time I get her to low health, I run out of ammo, and die. Then I have to fight her in full health again. FML.

I'm playing in 1999 mode.

Any strategies/Tips?
Modified by Star_Boy, Mar 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 30, 2013 4:18 PM

Danielcook said:
HELP!

I'm stuck at the part where you have to defeat Lady Comstock's ghost.

So friggin hard, Every time I get her to low health, I run out of ammo, and die. Then I have to fight her in full health again. FML.

I'm playing in 1999 mode.

Any strategies/Tips?

don't die. good luck... I ran out of ammo at that part on NORMAL

Mar 30, 2013 4:40 PM

HitoShura94 said:
the lore and attention to detail was great. story was good and unique with it's twists; but the gameplay felt tiresome.
Sounds like BioShock 1. I should force myself to finish it sooner or later.

Mar 30, 2013 5:59 PM

I am buying this game today :D

Mar 30, 2013 6:59 PM
I want to play this game but I totally am broke and I can't buy it :(

Apr 1, 2013 7:14 AM

Gameplay wise, it was a step back from BioShock 2 for me. Only being able to use 2 weapons at a time annoyed me to no end and. I always had fun using all kinds of weapons in the fights, felt like you had so many opportunities to play around with different stuff. And where are my Big Daddy equivalents?

Also half of the time I didn't use the powers (or rather I only used half of them). For whatever reason they kinda felt not exciting enough to me. Speaking of the powers, just how the fuck are they supposed to work? I don't think it was ever explained...

The whole upgrading system was a bit too simple. altough that might not be the right word. Hunting the weapon upgrades in the first two parts was great, here it was just a matter of having enough cash...

As far as atmosphere goes, I prefer the more claustrophibic and horror-like feel the first parts (esp. part one) had. But Infinite was still good with lots of interesting scenery. Just a bit too "nice" especially outdoors in the beginning. The opening scene in BioShock one, where you arrive in Rapture and immediatly get attacked by a splicer while unarmed was brilliant and great to set the mood. In Infinite you start by attending a jolly faire...(well, jolly except for all the racist shit that's going on).

Also you were alone all the time, with basically everything that moved trying to kill you. Whenever Atlas contacted you, you wanted to shake his hand for being the sole thing that kept your sanity intact by talking to you (made that twist all the more epic). In Infinite you have Liz with you all the time (which wasn't bad 'cause she is pretty cool) chatting with you and even more than enough friendly townsfolk who don't even try to harm you (in the beginning at least). Again, this wasn't bad, just really different and I simply prefer the way the first two games handle that.

Story: Man, pure mindfuck but I love that. Playing through it again just to see and get new stuff I missed on the first playthrough is gonna be fun, like BioShock 1 t(hat was the weak spot of BioShock 2 for me). Maybe a bit TOO much on the convoluted side at times, but it didn't bother me that much.

Almost seems like I'm ranting here and that I didn't like the game, while I actually REALLY enjoyed it. Will definitely play it again and can recommend it without a doubt. Had a pretty different feel compared to the previous games but was still great.

There's just one thing I didn't get: What exactly was the Lutece twins' motivation to do all of that?
Modified by grandy_UiD, Apr 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2, 2013 1:17 AM

I just finished playing it yesterday.
Mind = Blown.
Best game 2k13 yet.

Apr 2, 2013 2:19 AM
Finished it. Gameplay could have done with more variety.
Graphics on PC were the best, (Suprised my 5 year old rig could run it on Ultra). But yeah was pretty. Love the Dweedle dum lutece siblings, interesting characters. The ending was wrapped up nicely.

Apr 2, 2013 2:51 AM

Took my time with the game and my mind was thoroughly fucked. Took a few minutes process the end, I still don't really get the post credits and how that works, oh well.

Played it on hard mode and beat it in about 15 hours. Had lots of fun. Game-play deserves an 8/10, story gets 11/10.

Apr 2, 2013 6:12 AM

Finished it two days ago on hard.
Took me 12hours! Wonderful game! Loved every part of it!
Could be GotY 2013!

Apr 2, 2013 3:54 PM

I just beat it and Oh my God, my mind is blown.

I could have gotten the game for $15(Online 'deals'), but I blew the $150 for the Songbird Edition and this is one of those things where I don't have a single regret doing so.
It's early to say, but this is definitely a 2013 GOTY contender.

I enjoyed the whole thing very nicely and it definitely plays a lot better on PC. I can imagine console users may find changing vigor a pain though, but considering on PC you can choose any vigor with a push of a button it was just so easy to do. Gameplay was great and the skyline and tear system works so well and easy to use then I had originally thought it would!

Now I'm going to replay the game on 1999 mode.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Apr 2, 2013 4:48 PM
Bioshock is really fun even the previous versions.

Apr 2, 2013 8:19 PM

Yeah it's a GOTY contender for sure

Apr 2, 2013 10:34 PM
Also just beat the game a few hours ago. It was simply amazing. Going around reading all the theories and analyses is really fun too. There are some very interesting analyses out there about the game's theme and some of the recurring motiffs in the game. Definitely going to be a big contender for GOTY

Apr 4, 2013 12:02 PM

Bloody brilliant. A bit sad that none of the choices mattered, but at least it made thematical sense, and the story was great enough to make me overlook it.
Once again, best atmosphere, story and character (Elizabeth) of the year so far.

Bioshock, never change.

Now, where will the next lighthouse take us to?

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 4, 2013 8:07 PM

Someone should make a spoiler thread for Bioshock Infinite, so us that has completed the game can talk about the whole thing and other stuff. There's just so much I want to talk about and other crazy stuff I found out that makes my jaw drop still..

Could do it in here, but we'd just have spoiler buttons everywhere.

Here's one thing I noticed.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Apr 5, 2013 4:47 PM

the first Bioshock was still better. it had much more interesting characters, atmosphere, & gameplay. Bioshock Infinite fell flat in these areas imo.

Apr 6, 2013 1:02 AM

HitoShura94 said:
the first Bioshock was still better...

A lot better. Infinite is actually a very mediocre railroaded fps with zero exploration, weak writing and complete lack of player agency. There were much worse, but also better sp fps games in recent years.

Apr 6, 2013 2:00 AM

Lipi said:
HitoShura94 said:
the first Bioshock was still better...

A lot better. Infinite is actually a very mediocre railroaded fps with zero exploration, weak writing and complete lack of player agency. There were much worse, but also better sp fps games in recent years.

agreed. people just fool themselves into thinking it's one of the best games of all time just because "omg the ending blew my mind", when in reality, the whole game was pretty stale. for ACTUAL contender for "best game of all time", look at SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS.

Edit: Bioshock Infinite is still a very good game though. It's just worse than the original in many areas.
Modified by NullMoon94, Apr 6, 2013 2:05 AM

Apr 6, 2013 6:23 AM

Shadow of the Colossus (and Ico) is one of those games people treat as unparalleled when they place artistic merit before everything else. The gameplay isn't that good.
Modified by Ezekiel, Apr 6, 2013 6:29 AM

Apr 6, 2013 1:01 PM

HitoShura94 said:
the first Bioshock was still better. it had much more interesting characters, atmosphere, & gameplay. Bioshock Infinite fell flat in these areas imo.
Characters, really? Sure, Ryan was magnificently awesome but then what else was there? Apart from his voice through the game, everyone else was forgettable.
Elizabeth does a great job at making you feel more connected to the story through the game, moreso than anything the first Bioshock ever did, and then you've got the "twins" and Comstock as well. Sure, I'd say Ryan was more awesome than any of them, but all in all I'd say the character department is pretty even in both games.
Hard to compare atmospheres since it's so wildly different but yes, I'd probably give the first one the win there. Don't really see much difference in gameplay though.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Apr 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Baman said:
HitoShura94 said:
Characters, really? Sure, Ryan was magnificently awesome but then what else was there? Apart from his voice through the game, everyone else was forgettable.
Elizabeth does a great job at making you feel more connected to the story through the game, moreso than anything the first Bioshock ever did, and then you've got the "twins" and Comstock as well. Sure, I'd say Ryan was more awesome than any of them, but all in all I'd say the character department is pretty even in both games.
Hard to compare atmospheres since it's so wildly different but yes, I'd probably give the first one the win there. Don't really see much difference in gameplay though.

How could you forget sander cohen and atlas?!?! Along with, andrew ryan, that game blew away infinite in character department imo. I guess i wouldn't really be trying to put down infinite as much if people weren't praising it so much. I had pretty high expectations going in, and was a little let down is all.

Gameplaywise, i just dislike only being able to hold 2 weaps and having little reason to use/experiment with different plasmi- oh... Vigors

Apr 6, 2013 3:53 PM

HitoShura94 said:
Baman said:
HitoShura94 said:

How could you forget sander cohen and atlas?!?! Along with, andrew ryan, that game blew away infinite in character department imo. I guess i wouldn't really be trying to put down infinite as much if people weren't praising it so much. I had pretty high expectations going in, and was a little let down is all.

Gameplaywise, i just dislike only being able to hold 2 weaps and having little reason to use/experiment with different plasmi- oh... Vigors

The vigors completely change how you can fight the battles. Instead of me blowing all my ammo on an armored unit, I simply blew him away with one of my vigors, if I had to shoot a patriot in the back I'd shock it so it would be stunned and go around, if there were masses of units I'd use crows to make them go into a panic and take dmg as I killed them, the gameplay changed as long as you wanted it too, but some people wouldn't do it.(If you played it on the console perhaps)

The two weapons thing was iffy though, I admit, but the characters? really? Ryan was an amazing character yes, so was Atlas, but the rest weren't even as memorable. Sander Cohen was an interesting gent(A nut of course), but if anything most of the time he was just sort of teasing and taunting you throughout the level to your objective pretty much 'playing' with you, but in the end helping you as he is just one of the many who are sort of 'in their own world' in Rapture. We learn more about him of course as he talks to us and through audio logs, but I'd say Ryan and Atlas were the most you get out of it and Atlas was just leading you on. I think this has more of an impact since it was the first of the games and people just have gotten used to the way things work in the Bioshock franchise so things like this doesn't have a larger impact. The characters in Infinite were given far more interactions and had a whole lot more character progression, mainly one being instead of being an (almost) silent protagonist who makes his own choice(Jack, which was good of course in its own way) we're given a character with a voice, face, personality, etc.

The beauty of Bioshock 1 story came while we played the game from the audio logs we found which further deepened the story and our understanding of our surroundings, characters and such, this hasn't changed in Infinite considering the 80 some audio logs play the same role in the story of Infinite.

Apr 9, 2013 2:28 AM

Seems like best Bioshock game for me. Never enjoyed Bio1 because of narrative structure and good but tiresome combat. Gameplay of Infinite isn't much different, but storytelling is light years ahead not to mention that story itself better of course key points of narrative from Bio1 still here but you also able to see how things happens. Another big plus is environment around you, Bio1 was very corridor game, yes, art direction was cool but thats about it, levels of Infinite bigger, brighter (we're in the skies after all), more beautiful. In whole, I have more interest in playing BI, this is not groundbreaking game, but still extremely polished and fun. And last two cents, this beginning with cop face turning into meat right in front of your eyes is one of the most badass scripted scenes in video games, just brilliant.

Apr 9, 2013 2:29 AM

dat Boy of Silence. I got a figure of it today.

Apr 9, 2013 8:31 AM

I just bought the Limited Edition for PC because I wanted the artbook. I just realised it doesn't support Windows XP, so I'm installing it on my laptop.

Apr 9, 2013 11:16 AM

Infinite was good but the first Bioshock is the better title in my opinion.

Apr 9, 2013 11:19 AM

B3Chandler said:
Infinite was good but the first Bioshock is the better title in my opinion.

Care to explain why?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »