Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 12, 2010 10:28 PM

"Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities." - Irrational Games

My jaw dropped this morning after seeing this...anyone else excited?

My only thing is
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.

Aug 12, 2010 11:03 PM
Huh. Didn't see this coming.

btwedit:

Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
We turn our hopes up to the skies!
Oh rise, Rapture, rise!
Upon your wings our dreams will fly.
Modified by Rokubungi, Aug 12, 2010 11:43 PM

Aug 13, 2010 3:19 AM

I like

Aug 13, 2010 3:43 AM

Mind = Blown

I SO want this...

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

Aug 13, 2010 3:45 AM

Another reason for me to get a better pc.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.

Aug 13, 2010 4:02 AM

Nice. A new BioShock by the same devs who made System Shock and BioShock. My hype meter just went up ten fold. The 2012 release date will not bother me at all.

Aug 13, 2010 5:27 AM
Man I should try to finish Bioshock 1 and Start Bioshock 2... this game is just awesome. And you're telling me there's going to be a new one ? Shit keeps getting better and better.

Aug 13, 2010 5:53 AM

Looks awesome.
My only beef is the feel of the setting, Rapture was spectacular in it's gloomy, decaying glory, but this seems a lot lighter and more cheerful. Hopefully, they'll give it a sinister streak of sorts somewhere.

Now let me guess, the next one...On the moon?

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Aug 13, 2010 9:48 AM

Judging by the teaser, this could be as good as the first one.

Aug 13, 2010 11:28 AM

supersayen said:
Man I should try to finish Bioshock 1 and Start Bioshock 2... this game is just awesome. And you're telling me there's going to be a new one ? Shit keeps getting better and better.

^ This...and I thought I was the only one...
Is there another word for synonym?

Aug 13, 2010 11:31 AM
Looking great.Also I'm seeing the ad for it's here.
Modified by Hellobee, Aug 13, 2010 11:37 AM

Aug 13, 2010 11:48 AM

I loved Bioshock 1 and liked Bioshock 2, so for me it's a good thing that they're trying a different route other than going for a Bioshock 3.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved Rapture and it's eerie atmosphere, but after 2 installments the "wow" factor was kind of gone. I think I'll get into Columbia and it's airships and air castles (lol) as fast as I got into Rapture.

also; Irrational Games <3

Aug 13, 2010 12:08 PM

Sweet, i feel like another game in Rapture would've been too much anyways. It's a long wait but i'm sure it's worth it.

Aug 13, 2010 1:27 PM

"Bioshock will have like 5 sequels" -> :|

"Bioshock won't all be in Rapture" -> :O

"Bioshock will be in another sweetass awesome place like Columbia" -> :D!

Aug 13, 2010 2:00 PM

City in the sky.

OMIGAWD. I never got into Bioshock because it wasn't my kind of atmosphere. Not this, this I like. But by 2012, I don't know if I can still play games by then.

Aug 13, 2010 3:27 PM

0:55 is going to be a total rip-off a Big daddy.
Also I hope they don't dumb it down like they did with Mass Effect 2.

Aug 13, 2010 8:21 PM

supersayen said:

There's no real reason to finish Bioshock 2 really. Bioshock 1 was one of the best games, ever. The sequel just couldn't live up to the name of Bioshock.

Aug 14, 2010 11:05 AM
They should give us jetpacks now.

Aug 14, 2010 11:30 AM

Attalker said:
supersayen said:

There's no real reason to finish Bioshock 2 really. Bioshock 1 was one of the best games, ever. The sequel just couldn't live up to the name of Bioshock.

Not living up to the first game doesn't mean there's no real reason to finish it, it was still a pretty awesome game.
Anyway I love the first 2, shame it's so long away but that just means they can pack loads in before then :'D looks great so far.

Aug 14, 2010 10:22 PM

BakaKawaii said:
Attalker said:
supersayen said:

Not living up to the first game doesn't mean there's no real reason to finish it, it was still a pretty awesome game.
Anyway I love the first 2, shame it's so long away but that just means they can pack loads in before then :'D looks great so far.

I was mostly judging from the fact that he said "Start Bioshock 2" which could refer to that he hasn't bought the game yet. There's better sauce to spend your money on.

Aug 14, 2010 10:38 PM

Baman said:

Now let me guess, the next one...On the moon?

underground, silly :P

i was going to post this thread right when they released the info, but i was too lazy rofl.

game will be amazing. no question about it.
and to the comments concerning the mood for this game being more cheerful,
i'm sure they're going to break the boundaries with this game.

irrational games has already proven that they can set the mood for a dark, corrupt and eerie rapture.
they are probably going to have many moods in this game.
as seen in the debut trailer, Columbia isnt as bright and cheerful as it seems.

of course im referring to the character getting beaten up and thrown out of a window by an unknown assailant. lol

game will be great. i know it
Modified by iShouldGoPro, Aug 15, 2010 12:30 AM

Aug 14, 2010 11:17 PM

i hate to admit but the character designs look like a cartoon set -,-
i was hoping it would look like characters from uncharted
man, what a turn off

Aug 15, 2010 3:17 AM

I'm sure I'll find it just as boring as the first two.

Aug 15, 2010 4:02 AM

Attalker said:
BakaKawaii said:
Attalker said:
supersayen said:

I was mostly judging from the fact that he said "Start Bioshock 2" which could refer to that he hasn't bought the game yet. There's better sauce to spend your money on.

"Start" usually implies he has the game and just hasn't "started" but I could be completely off. and hardly, it's one of the better shooters for the ps3, dark nice storyline, rapture is a lovely setting, and it's not exactly expensive now, I can pick it up for £9.99, which is pennies.

Aug 15, 2010 4:37 AM

BakaKawaii said:
Attalker said:
BakaKawaii said:
Attalker said:
supersayen said:

"Start" usually implies he has the game and just hasn't "started" but I could be completely off. and hardly, it's one of the better shooters for the ps3, dark nice storyline, rapture is a lovely setting, and it's not exactly expensive now, I can pick it up for £9.99, which is pennies.

If that's the case, buy it, play it.
I've only seen it for around £49.99 here.

OT: Do you know where I can get it for £9.99 in Europe? ^^

Aug 15, 2010 5:02 AM

truthillusion said:
I'm sure I'll find it just as boring as the first two.

indeed..
i played the 2 part and it was boring as hell..
others says its awesome.. tho i couldn't play in it..
hope this part will be better =)

Aug 15, 2010 5:08 AM

Attalker said:
If that's the case, buy it, play it.
I've only seen it for around £49.99 here.

OT: Do you know where I can get it for £9.99 in Europe? ^^

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/180000
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00175NQIA/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Urgh, the one I bought is out of stock, that was from game. (it was in stock like 2 weeks ago, sadly)

Aug 15, 2010 9:51 AM

I feel embarrassed to have completed bioshock 2 now.

Aug 15, 2010 2:02 PM

MichaelMCP said:
I feel embarrassed to have completed bioshock 2 now.

And why is that? It was a good game no?

Aug 15, 2010 2:43 PM

Bioshock 2 isnt a horrible game.

only in comparison to the first Bioshock will Bioshock 2 seem like such a failure.

there is nothing like the experience of entering an entirely new world without knowing what to expect.
Rapture was an eerie and mysterious place in Bioshock 1. a world like no other.
one that had yet to be explored.
in Bioshock 2, we expected more and beyond ! plus an even better story...

but that couldnt happen b/c Bioshock 1 already had the ultimate story.

thats what makes Bioshock Infinite so special.
we don't know what to expect. not until we play it

Aug 15, 2010 3:07 PM

Loved the first two. BioShock 1 is the game that convinced me that the FPS genre could achieve greatness. Day one buy for me, just like BioShock 2.

Not sure why people would make any definite decisions about this one considering it's only been announced for a few days, and the only information out are reports of a developer controlled demo and a pre-rendered trailer.

Also, sky theme = I can die a happy man.

Aug 16, 2010 9:20 PM

I hope they leave out mulitplayer though. Bioshock 2's was really bad( or just not good enough to waste money on it).

Aug 17, 2010 12:23 AM

Looks so pretty. I wonder what the Big Daddy equivalent is gonna be like.

Also in regards to Bioshock 2

Yes it had its flaws but they were not as big as they really seem.
They were only magnified by the reputation is had to (and couldn't) live up
to as the sequel to one of the most masterfully crafted video games of all time.

It was a good game. I just think it wasn't smart to give Bioshock a direct sequel.
This idea of similar but different should be much better.

Sep 21, 2010 8:22 PM

Ken levine is the man..Just the whole atmosphere is amazing..and Crow Power for the maximum awesomeness.
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.

Sep 22, 2010 11:47 AM

Chaaaaaaaaaaarles :'D
Damn that looks good, as you said, the atmosphere, and stopping that shell with his power and sending it back, genius.

Sep 22, 2010 12:52 PM
I'm fucking sold. Bring it on.

Sep 22, 2010 7:26 PM

Rokubungi said:
I'm fucking sold. Bring it on.

Sep 22, 2010 7:34 PM

I neeeeeeeeeed this so bad.

Sep 22, 2010 8:01 PM
Mizilla said:
I neeeeeeeeeed this so bad.
You know this is great when even people NOT into the original two Bioshock games want it. That trailer was glorious. And whoever was complaining about the look the of the character models, who really cares, especially since they are not precisely bad.

Sep 22, 2010 8:32 PM

Yeah, it had the 50-60s homely america feel to it, which looked pretty awesome, I loved the first two and really want to replay them after watching this, so I may well get this on release, which is rare.

Sep 23, 2010 7:01 PM

I saw a video on my 360 about this game. It looks frickin' fantastic!

Sep 26, 2010 12:09 AM

this game is about to be soooo awesome !

Elizabeth has an amazing rack : o

Sep 26, 2010 5:00 AM

I jizzed myself during the recent 10 minute gameplay vid.

It's such a shame I have to way to 2012 to play this game because it looks amazing.

Mar 31, 2011 7:31 AM
I hope this game will work on my PC this time -_-

Bioshock 2 just refuses to work no matter what and I'm too lazy to reinstall my windows.

Mar 31, 2011 8:36 AM

SuperSaiyen said:

Bioshock 2 just refuses to work no matter what and I'm too lazy to reinstall my windows.

what problem does it give?

also, i hope this Bioshock overpass the first one, the second was just.. bah, more "call of rapture" than a bioshock itself, Infinity looks amazing

Mar 31, 2011 8:59 AM
codes said:
SuperSaiyen said:

what problem does it give?

also, i hope this Bioshock overpass the first one, the second was just.. bah, more "call of rapture" than a bioshock itself, Infinity looks amazing

I see Bioshock 2 Logo then then parmenant black screen. CTRL + ATL + DEL = Game error, spacebar = crash to windows

Mar 31, 2011 9:17 AM

Can't wait till this game comes out. Just got Bioshock 2 a few months ago and it was a good game. Compared to the first one, I say the first one was better. The first Bioshock game was also the game that really impacted me and I loved it.

Mar 31, 2011 10:19 AM
Is it better just because of the story ?

I doesn't matter if the story is "inferior" in the 2. As long as the gameplay is the same (or better) I'm always up for more Bioshock. I also hear that the Big Daddies are no longer the strongest creature in the game... that's interesting lol

Mar 31, 2011 2:13 PM

Loved bioshock, bioshock 2 disappointed me, didn't really feel like exploring and nothing really felt dangerous as you were a big daddy.
Think this game will improve on every aspect though.

XbL: RanzerN

Apr 9, 2011 12:49 PM
I liked when l plot was in underwater city Rapture, now it looks dull..

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »