Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 13, 2010 12:53 PM
Jun 2008
maybe the word "blame" is too strong,the actual real word is "no good".which means not suitable.The training session/Perrine is no good for me.( sound like a blaming statement to me,or maybe my English is lousy.).If the word "no good" doesn't sound good.then we might use "not suitable" which is much more pleasant ^^.Either way you must blame something to get the sentence going or else the sentence will just end up losing a subject.
prideful faggot=embarrassing thing to show Sanya......
both are the same meaning(in this episode only).If you are not prideful of something,surely embarrassment won't come in.Basically my explanation are just over exaggerated.
wiki said:
Embarrassment is an emotional state experienced upon having a socially or professionally unacceptable act or condition witnessed by or revealed to others. Usually some amount of loss of honour or dignity is involved, but how much and the type depends on the embarrassing situation. It is similar to shame, except that shame may be experienced for an act known only to oneself. Also, embarrassment usually carries the connotation of being caused by an act that is merely socially unacceptable, rather than morally wrong.
Maybe I read it wrongly,or the Wiki has problem in it.
Aug 13, 2010 1:05 PM

Jan 2009
Forget the English. Do you know Japanese? Because the point I'm trying to make is that in the original Japanese dialogue she didn't blame anyone. It's hard to explain subtle things about languages, but the tone of the speech reveals that she didn't blame anyone, she just said it didn't work, she wasn't able to do it, whatever. She was just stating that fact, to think that that qualifies as blaming someone is taking it way too far.
Aug 13, 2010 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
nishiogi said:
I found some translation errors in the official sub.

05:12
Minna says "We're taking over for the Romagna Air Force and Navy."
After that, Mio says "Shall we show them what we're capable of."
My translation:
"The Romagna Air Force and Navy are taking over from us.
"Shall we see what they're capable of."
(thus it connects to 15:14 where Mio says "Guess it's our turn.")
I don't know why this kind of basic grammatical error can happen in "official" subs.

10:44
Eila says to Perrine, "Sorry. But you weren't getting fully into it."
My translation:
"Sorry. But somehow I can't get fully into it for (protecting) you."
Then Perrine's anger makes much sense.

11:47
Eila says to Sanya, "No, she was terrible."
Here she obviously says "no good" about deploying shield, not about Perrine.
I wonder this translator actually comprehend the story.

16:00 ginger tea scene
Erica "You weren't kidding."
Barkhorn "Oh, but it's not as sweet as I expected-"
My translation: "It's bad." "Oh, but it's not as bad as I expected-"
(Erica's line is colloquial form of "mazui", not "maji")

22:12
Sanya "but we have to return."
"but we have the place where we can return."
It's subtle diffrence, but many Japanese may associate this line with the
first Gundam's last scene, so I just want to point out.

As for episode itself, it was good but I couldn't help thinking it's too many
violation of order.

To add to this list: before Sanya throws the pillow Eila doesn't call her an idiot, but stubborn, persistent or obstinate (stubborn probably best) because Sanya wouldn't stop insisting that Eila could do it if she doesn't give up. Changing that into idiot is a bit harsh imo..

Aah crap I'd really hope someone could fix the mirrors.. I'd do it myself if I knew how. If anyone has the possibility to do this it would be great.
MacAnkkuliAug 13, 2010 2:52 PM
Aug 13, 2010 3:22 PM
Jun 2008
I understand the sentence by my understanding of Japanese.....
nvm about that. Its just a small error in the sub.Just pretend that you are talking to a banana and everything is an illusion. >.<
MorningGloryAug 13, 2010 4:02 PM
Aug 13, 2010 5:40 PM
Jun 2009
The best part of this episode was when they showed the blueprints of the rocket engine.

The choice of words and the tiny little errors they made while translating into German were hilarious
and made me laugh and facepalm almost as hard as listening to Asuka's NGE German.

The entire rest of the episode was decent, tried to be much more but didn't achieve much imho.
Aug 14, 2010 3:17 AM
Aug 2010
An anonymous on 2ch made this.
"Strike Witches correlation diagram" new flash version
http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~FFHP/
Aug 14, 2010 3:37 AM
Jun 2008
LOL
some of the character is not even out yet.

post below
TL;DR
MorningGloryAug 14, 2010 6:14 AM
Aug 14, 2010 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I can't help but put this here, some /a/ 4channer did such a great synopsis of the episode, called Why ep6 is Awesome:

"It opens with Eila flying around doing her special dodge and kill everything trick, all the while smiling and singing as if she hasn't a care in the world - because, thanks to her magical foresight ability, she's essentially invincible against these easy targets. Exposition follows the battle to explain her badassery, in which she brags about her foresight and reveals her derision towards shields. Unfortunately, during the briefing, she's told flat out in front of the entire team that she isn't good enough to protect Sanya specifically because she relies too much on her foresight for defense. The decision is made that Yoshika is better suited for the role, which she clearly is based on previous battle experiences, and while Eila hates it she accepts the order and instead opts to deal with Yoshika in her typical jerkish prankster fashion and seeks out Perrine for help plotting against her - even going so far as saying "your enemy's enemy is you friend, right?" to her in the sauna.
Perrine, however, is substantially more mature now, and it really shows in this episode. Instead of helping Eila harass Yoshika in some trivial vengeance fueled scheme, she decides to try to get Eila to develop a stronger sheild so that she can convince Mio to let her take Yoshika's place in the mission. Perrine really just wants them all to be happy, even if she'd never say it outright, so she arranges a dangerous training session in which she asks her best friend from the squad to fire live rounds at her to cajole Eila into raising a protective shield (poor Lynne, probably being the only one Perrine could feel she can trust here, being asked to put her at such a risk after all the time they spent together in Gallia...). Yet Eila doesn't take the training seriously. She knows that she can dodge any shot Lynne takes and Perrine is in no real risk at all since she'll just use her own shield - which is exactly what happens - so she treats it like a game and refuses to use a shield. It's not until after the fight with Sanya that she even considers replacing Yoshika on the mission, at this point she felt they were just wasting each others time.
In all likelihood, the mission would have gone as planned is it weren't for Sanya. Everyone, including her and Eila, knew that Yoshika was the strongest shield on the team, but she insisted that Eila should be the one to protect her. The fact is Eila could use a shield all along but knew Yoshika could do it better, so trying to take her spot was a frivolous gesture and would only cost Eila her pride. It would have been humiliating to use a shield in practice since she already said it was below her, so she was resigned to let Yoshika carry out her role. She hated it, but at least Sanya was safe. That's all that mattered to her. But that wasn't enough for Sanya - to her it looked like Eila had given up on protecting her, since it seemed like Eila was only worried about upholding her untouchable reputation. She didn't care that Yoshika was more capable as a shield because in her eyes the role was more than the shield. The insults they threw at each other hit the nail on the head: Eila was an idiot for not seeing the role as more than a shield, and Sanya was too stubborn to let it simply be that.
It took an impossible pillow to the face for Eila to understand the depth Sanya was thinking at. She saw it coming before she opened her eyes - she just didn't believe it. It completely stunned her. Were it thrown by anyone else she could have dodged it, but she was petrified by how deeply she had to have hurt Sanya for her to do that. By then it was too late to reconcile. She had lost Sanya. She was crushed. During the final briefing and preparing in the hangar they didn't approach each other, and Sanya didn't so much as look at Eila, so why should she think there was any hope left? That is until 20,000 meters into the sky when Sanya glanced down at her, and she saw the look in her eyes. In that moment she was given the choice - let her go completely and forever, or risk it all - and she went for it. She didn't care about her reputation anymore, nor the orders, nor her own safety since her magic would run out before she could make it back. Right there she completely surrendered herself to Sanya, and in turn Sanya accepted her."
MacAnkkuliAug 14, 2010 6:08 AM
Aug 14, 2010 7:01 AM

Apr 2009
Why is it that the screen sometimes darkens when it's a close up on the nueroi/gun/shooting (like the beginning of the episode)? Eila and Sanya yuri power max!
Aug 14, 2010 7:03 PM

Feb 2008
the best episode so far!
Sanya and Eila :3
Aug 14, 2010 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode! Felt like an homage to those great mecha episodes where everyone has to come together to take down some ridiculous opponent. The loli rocket is sure to be followed by pedo bear into space.

Aug 14, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
once again our favorite yuri couple and their own little episode, it was ok, but not as good as I imagined.
Aug 14, 2010 11:03 PM
Jul 2009
Loved the episode, i loved last season's Sanya and Eila episode as well, both were my favorite (well this one is my favorite so far).
Only complaint so far is the overuse of CG, everything is so smooth i don't mind much though.
Aug 15, 2010 4:01 AM

May 2009
MacAnkkuli said:
I can't help but put this here, some /a/ 4channer did such a great synopsis of the episode, called Why ep6 is Awesome:

"<TL;DR without the DR>"

Admittedly, that is an excellent explanation as to why that particular episode is... well, awesome.

The writer has my respect.
Aug 15, 2010 5:01 AM

Aug 2009
Aww this was a really sweet episode. Didn't really add much storywise though. Oh well.
Aug 15, 2010 3:31 PM

May 2008
Beautifully Uralic.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 16, 2010 12:19 AM

Dec 2008
A very nice episode
the rocketstart scene was soo cool
It was very nice as Yoshika changed her position with Eila,Yoshika is not my favorite character but she's such a nice person.

in fully clothed the girls are much more adorable than usual
the censor light wasn't very bothersome to me since I don't want to see most of them nude anyway
MorningGlory said:

prideful Perrine hate Miyafuji.

I think hate is the wrong word for their relationship
In case of Perrine it's rather jealousy because Sakamoto-san is very close to Yoshica
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2010 9:11 PM
Jun 2008
LOL.
Ya actually it true.but when I saw Perrine having a angry face on Miyafuji.I thought that she hate her because Miyafuji stole her girl friend.
Aug 16, 2010 11:09 PM
Jun 2010
MorningGlory said:
LOL.
Ya actually it true.but when I saw Perrine having a angry face on Miyafuji.I thought that she hate her because Miyafuji stole her girl friend.

They aren't girlfriends...yet.

Anyway have some Eilanya doujin. Some nsfw

(Why SanyaxEila is best
1.You can fit in your seme/uke dynamics
2. Russian and Finnish at peace, even more delicious considering the horrible past
3. But this time, the Finnish is on top.

JAYalininAug 16, 2010 11:18 PM
Aug 22, 2010 3:47 PM

Feb 2010
Very awesome episode. Maybe one of the best yet. And I really like the Sanya/Eila - Couple (since Sanya is also my favourite character of this show).
Aug 23, 2010 2:51 AM

Jul 2010
I found a nice pic for all SanyaxEila followers.
Simply wonderful...

(1600*800)

*bigger size 3000*1500 http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda130389.jpg
Sep 2, 2010 3:34 AM

Jan 2010
Lol, Lucchini was cute wearing that..

episode was good, I thought Eila was going to kiss Sanya there for a second..
Sep 10, 2010 5:00 AM

Jan 2010
SilveRR said:
The episode was really touching

I liked the space scene. <3
Sep 11, 2010 12:22 AM

Feb 2010
Very nice and touching scene at the end, and cool insert song! ^_^
Sep 22, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
Did anyone notice, that there was a line, that wasn't voiced? I wonder what Eila said then...
Dec 8, 2010 8:45 PM
Jan 2010
Sanya and Eila get all the good episodes. Not that I mind.
Dec 15, 2010 3:25 PM

May 2010
I agree with Blackiris, it's cheap emotion. It kind of felt like it was copied out of a textbook. I must admit though, my appreciation of this episode went up after reading about those translation errors, whoever made the subs took out a lot of subtlty. It kind of annoys me how much I miss by not knowing the native language. Even if I knew japanese, then I'd get the same problem watching chinese or french [insert nationality] movies, and I'd be equally clueless. Anyways, I didn't feel all that touched or moved, maybe more like groped or shoved...
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 9, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
I liked the song at the end.
And it's touching and all, but these girls are always disobeying orders; I'm surprised no one had died because of it.
And does Eila simply want to protect Sanya or does she like full-fledge love her?
Jun 9, 2011 5:16 PM

Mar 2011
Haaaa~~~~! Those two!

Nice!

Good ep, funky Neuroi, nice fanservice. All good yeah?!?!?!?!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2012 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
As cute as this episode is... And as touching as the power of love can be...

I can't believe they just did that, letting someone who have never used a shield to protect their gun... I hope there's consequences for both Yoshika and Eila. It's totally unacceptable...

Taking Eila's shield and limited "magic rocket fuel" into account, both Eila and Sanya could've died out there whether they manage to finish the mission or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 8:38 AM

Apr 2012
So, they wear coats and scarves but still no pants. I guess it's not that cold up in the stratosphere after all.

Anyway, the ending was pretty predictable with Eila abandoning her orders and saving the day with her yuri powered shields. Still, ridiculous stuff like that is what helps define this show and make it entertaining.
Feb 8, 2013 6:16 PM

May 2012
Great episode, putting those two in the spot light with a quite interesting enemy was quite nice! Really sweet and touching episode with a great ending!
Apr 1, 2013 7:04 PM

Dec 2007
That was a sweet episode. It's a shame that we didn't get to see sanya's boobs.
Aug 9, 2013 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
Ak. My heart just melted.
Sanya and Eila moe power level 9000+.
I CANNOT HANDLE THE MOE.

Overall my favorite episode of the season although I was quite sad that there was no Sanya's song. QQ.
Those two really need more screen time.
Oct 4, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
meh...I can handle almost every other pairing except Eila's just because Eila is too braggy and mean to everyone else.
Dec 29, 2013 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Really great touching episode for Eila and Sanya, the one that will always protect for themselves. Each episode gets better and better all the time.

I sort of LOL when Eila is dodging those bullets, which endangered Perrine XD.

Aug 11, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
what's so good about this episode?

it looks to me that Eila break the formation, went against the order and plan, risking both life just because of her stubborn and selfishness of protecting.

i was like, "what the fuck? they abandon the actual plan just because of their own selfishness?"
Dec 12, 2016 5:10 AM

Nov 2011
A beautiful brackets for Sanya-Eila's duo, the story shows the great understanding that exists between the two girls, but in the end is not really saying much. Too bad because it could be a good opportunity, like that of Miyafuji see in action, but in this second season, I see, she's just a minor figure in the fight scenes. Pleasant as usual, the situations in which they are involved all the girls of the 501st, still a goal to be achieved as regards the 502 th. In terms of plot, what catches the eye is the further evolution of Neuroi, and against even the technical force of the Witches, although on this occasion, I would rather have somthing much more interesting. Drawings and animations, very good. Fanservice galore at this, but the script, places these moments more appropriate times.
Feb 22, 2017 6:50 AM

Aug 2016
Am I the eonly one who didn't like this episode? Eila was pretty annoying imo
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 18, 2017 1:47 AM

Feb 2014

A multistage rocket made completely out of pantsu flashing magical lesbian lolis with animal ears and tails. There were so many levels of ridiculousness in that one shot that I couldn't help but laugh. Only in anime.

And yeah, this really was quite a touching episode. The first couple of episode felt a bit off, but the season has been getting better since the last few episodes.
Sep 6, 2017 12:23 PM

Oct 2015
Ahh, I really love Sanya and Eila together, their episodes are so sweet.
Dec 29, 2019 7:37 AM

Sep 2018
Even for Eila and Sanya, the time has come to have an episode all to themselves. The thing does not mind, at most it makes the series more pleasant, since in the narration there are also moments dedicated to the other girls of the cast: this translates into a very funny and so touching episode in certain moments. Drawings and animations as good as quality. As catchy as the previous ones, the new ending.
Feb 17, 2020 7:33 AM
Mar 2016
Epic Episode! A very interesting type of Neuroi and also how they dealt with it. The animation was top notch. Elia x Sanya moment was cute. Much Yuri xd.
Feb 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
Feels like we'll get such single standalone episodes until the 9th or 10th episode and then we'll actually get a fight that advances the plot again. At least that's what I hope. Or just give me more fanservice.
Nov 3, 2020 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Miyafuji was just too kind, letting those foolish disturbing white girl joined the party and alone above the sky. While Eila jealousy kinda annoyed me so much on these episode. The heck with her? She almost made Perrine died with that risky plan, if she wasn't aware with her shield. Omg. This was not so good episode. Because Eila disliking over Miyafuji was not my thing, and way too much. Sanya too. She felt a bit different on these one, showing her affection much to Eila, while some of the previous scene show the opposite. Well, with these episode concluded, i already had the real portrait between those twos situations. That all ignorance of Sanya had in the previous season, and much happening on the spin-off series scene was just a gimmick of her and its just her shyness to avoid girls surrounding her acknowledged her wrong love. Yeah, indeed, they were all actually a couple, and just kissed at that place already, godammit! You didn't need to hide that much!

And Eila, i hope she toned down a bit with her annoying jealousy. Enough with Perrine all alone. You just enjoyed your little Sanya and let Miyafuji on her happiness again with Lynnete, no need to jealous over her action, .... Thats it for me. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 26, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2013
Contrary to the usual, the witches were cute with more clothes. Especially Lucchini.

The action was nice and it was indeed touching too. Good thing that Eila was reminded of the importance of shields.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Feb 2020
That was quite an unusual shaped Neuroi.

Eila and Sanya were so cute together. <3

SerafosNov 28, 2023 6:56 AM
Jul 24, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2018
Not often you'll see Sanya emotional like this.. Does she really want to do this mission together with Eila?..
It seems they both really want to be together in this..
Well, Eila x Sanya ship is strong.. ;P
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 7, 2010

87 by Wrongthinker »»
Oct 18, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jul 14, 2010

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Aug 18, 2010

93 by MiaAyende »»
Sep 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 21, 2010

66 by Asgard6 »»
May 22, 2022 6:33 AM

» Hartmann's Hair Color

ColdBisquiT - Aug 2, 2021

5 by JokoSukino »»
May 16, 2022 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.