Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula Episode 26 Discussion

May 18, 2008 12:44 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How often will they pull off that "world destruction+renewal"-stuff in anime?
Luckily the world wasn't destroyed but it doesn't make the conclusion more original.

So what are your final thoughts on the series?

I think it started as a good compilation of classic schemes and had some interesting side characters in the first half but unfortunately the lack of originality became crucial in the second half so that it got really boring for me. Even the appearence of the 13th Gigantic didn't surprise me because I assumed that to happen after they said they think that there are 12 ones in the third episode (or some episode at the beginning).

It's a bit of a waste that so many good mecha designers gathered for this project. They would have deserved a better plot.

Nov 17, 2008 4:17 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

I don't mind. I loved this series. And it took me only 561 days to finish it. =D

But yeah, I really enjoyed every single episode and even if waiting for the next Lunar sub took some time, I was looking forward to every new release. Great characters, really nice music and the animation was good as well. I liked the little mind games and stories of the 'enemy' pilots as well. 9/10

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Aug 2, 2009 3:19 PM
it took me 2 days lol got addicted to it

Sep 4, 2009 9:33 AM

its the best ending ever.. Lol

i really love it, i got addicted when i started watching it. =P

Feb 20, 2013 1:01 AM

This is such a great anime, just finished it today, love the mecha, characters. I don't understand why it's not popular, it's like a gem hidden in a bunch of rocks (okay I know that doesn't make any sense)

Anyway i love how the relationship develop between Shingo and Mana, they are both really cute and I really love Shingo's character, he's kinda cool XD

I wish there's more mecha anime with romance like this today...too bad nowdays mecha anime is full of girls-only-characters. So no romance at all, even if there is, it's either going to be Yuri or harem romance which is sucks

Since this anime is hard to find, here is a link to u guys, the ryushare links is still active as of today date

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=81322
Modified by amc9988, Feb 20, 2013 1:04 AM

May 10, 7:03 AM

This anime really did have a unique way of telling its story. I thought the resonance sympathy stuff could have easily turned into melodrama, but keeping the focus on the main characters prevented this from happening for the most part. The writers had a pretty decent understanding of the mythology too, in a thematic sense. Having a god of war be the 'good guy' isn't something you see everyday, but it is a perspective compatible with classic religious thought.

A pretty solid series that took a little bit of time to truly grow on me.

The soundtrack really moved the action and drama along, it was incredible, and the colors and shading also really stood out to me.