Forum Settings
Forums

Character that has made the biggest impact on you?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Aug 14, 2010 11:48 PM

Death the Kidd

Because his obsession with symmetry made me realize how asymmetrical my room really is :3

Aug 15, 2010 8:14 AM

Many of you mention CLANNAD's Tomoya and while I agree the anime is the most beautiful I've ever seen, I don't think it's any of the characters that "impacted" me.
For me it'd be:
Anime Tenchou (here, on MAL he's called Anisawa Meito) from Lucky Star. How I wish I could be so... dedicated to whatever I do.
Similarly, Ashirogi Muto - that is Mashiro Moritaka & Takagi Akito duo - from Bakuman. They both have something I lack: a goal and passion.

Aug 15, 2010 8:27 AM

Edward Elric in FMA. I was influenced by that clapping hands move :))

Aug 15, 2010 9:47 AM

hhhhreaper said:
Edward Elric in FMA. I was influenced by that clapping hands move :))
I like Mustang snapping better. Now I just snap randomly at random times of the day because of it.

For me, it's GTO. He's definitely the most unrealistic character I've ever seen, probably more unrealistic than Lelouch (though Lelouch is probably the most realistic out of this bunch since he tend to be irrational when it comes to people he care about, extremely unfit, etc), Light, Kamina, and etc. There's no way one guy can be that badass, perverted, and also spew out wisdom true-to-life advices to his students in almost every arc. I like GTO not because he's unrealistic, I like him because I've never seen such a character done before. Most unrealistic characters tend to only focus on one area of specialty, but Onizuka is kickass in fighting, endurance, ridiculously exaggerated behaviors, and in giving advices. I've yet to see any characters from anime to have that trait. And besides, his wisdom is quoteworthy, too.
Modified by Tachii, Aug 15, 2010 9:51 AM

Aug 15, 2010 10:18 AM

JP_rNr said:

Yang Wenli is a loving husband, a great role model (most of the time), a true friend, and a hero of the people...loved by his friends and family and respected by his enemies.....and over-all just a great guy....he has taught me the very essence of camaraderie and friendship....okay we have one piece for that....but the way Yang portrays it is just so real....and you can never not root for the guy.....now he may be a slouch and has a little problem with alcohol....but hey no one's perfect....over-all he is a nice guy that has taught me how to value my friends and family......

and I'm doing this out of foppery and whim ^^

...rNr...

Thanks for posting this, you saved a lot of my time ^^.
I have nothing left to add, except Kircheis's remarks when he and Reinhard talked about Yang, to which I believe perfectly describes Yang. He said to Reinhard: "As an enemy, I've never known such a frightful opponent as him. However, if only we could be friends, there would be nothing better than him."

Aug 15, 2010 11:40 AM
The main characters that have left impacts are "Syaoran", Syaoran & Roxas.

Also, because of Roxas I don't mind being called a Nobody anymore. :3

Aug 17, 2010 12:11 PM

Kamina from Gurren lagann.

He taught me to believe in myself and I can reach the heavens, if I just don't give up.

'Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'-Albus Dumbledore

Aug 17, 2010 12:25 PM

Tomoya Okazaki. His sad story really made me value my family and my friends.

Aug 17, 2010 1:20 PM

A few of the characters from fruits basket had a huge impact on me. Mostly Tohru, Momiji, and Kyo. They're stories just really got me and taught me quite a few things that helped me and..... I cried. Alot.

Kyoko from Skip beat as well. When I think about it we have alot of things in common so it makes it really easy to connect with her. Also she's hilarious and never failed to make me laugh. ;]

And I guess Tomoya from Clannad too. His relationshop with his dad really gets me because I have to go through the same thing. Plus his journey throughout sticks with me.

Aug 20, 2010 6:09 PM
Inuyasha!
I adore Kagome because she is a really cute Inuyasha character, Sango is the same.

Aug 20, 2010 6:20 PM

Itoshiki Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

His way of thinking is absolutely hilarious and shows the truth of our world.

Aug 20, 2010 9:52 PM

No character has affected me in my behaviour or habits, although I think anime in general has. As of late, the character who has had a lasting impression on me would be Alois Trancy. I've come across a lot of sob stories for characters, but his past has to be the most pitiful, if not, disgusting.

His sadistic, bipolar nature is a +1 too.

Aug 20, 2010 10:02 PM

Characters don't really effect me too much. However, there are some characters that I feel an uncanny kinsmanship with. Ginko from Mushishi is eerily similar to myself.

Aug 20, 2010 10:02 PM

I'm not sure why I can't remember which characters do this, but I've run into a few that remind me of the importance of pushing onward despite my desire not to. The ones that have a true dedication always set me "back on track".

Aug 20, 2010 10:14 PM

Honda Tohru from Fruits Basket, actually.

She's always happy and optimistic despite the horrible things that happen. Though it was annoying at first, it really is inspiring and makes you want to be able to endure harsh things with a smile.

xSecret_Skyx said:
A few of the characters from fruits basket had a huge impact on me. Mostly Tohru, Momiji, and Kyo. They're stories just really got me and taught me quite a few things that helped me and..... I cried. Alot.

^ Same here.

Aug 21, 2010 1:28 AM

Goemon Ishikawa XIII
His character really inspired me to try to be the strong silent type.

Aug 21, 2010 1:53 AM
Simon from TTGL. Even though nobody but his closest companion believed in him at first, he still had determination and dedication from freeing mankind and saving the earth all the way to the end. No matter what the risk. Too bad I never got what the end symbolized, or the true meaning.

Aug 21, 2010 2:39 AM

Long Lasting Impressions:
Grell Sutcliff - He's still stuck there in the glory of my top three favorites, after 1 year 21 days.
Lelouch Lamperouge - Still in my top 10 favorites after nearly 2 years I started watching Code Geass.
That's quite impressive I think since I change my top 10 regularly.

Influencing:
Gokudera Hayato - He's very loyal to his boss and I learned that I should do whatever I can for my friends from his attitude.
Death the Kid - Everything has to be in symmetrical shapes!

Aug 21, 2010 2:50 AM

Okazaki Tomoya. If you watched the anime "Clannad", no explanation is necessary.

Aug 21, 2010 6:40 AM

Probably Tohru from Fruit Basket...

She was a angel.. T_T
hi

Aug 21, 2010 7:10 AM

Lucy(Elfen Lied)
she made me wanna kill people that i really hate....
and also wanna have revenge on some of my classmates...

Aug 21, 2010 9:47 AM

teanut said:
Kyon. Because he showed me that you can be a boring pragmatic asshole with chocolate brown hair and still be liked by everyone.
That might be because we don't think he's a boring pragmatic asshole.

Sep 22, 2010 12:31 AM

Definitely "Grandma" Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle. She inspired me to be true to myself, be brave, and not put myself down all of the time. She also inspired me to have compassion and sympathy because they are extremely important! I know it sounds stupid that an anime influenced me so much, but Sophie was such an amazing character.

Sep 22, 2010 12:43 AM

Tachii said:
teanut said:
Kyon. Because he showed me that you can be a boring pragmatic asshole with chocolate brown hair and still be liked by everyone.
That might be because we don't think he's a boring pragmatic asshole.
i thought kyon was pretty funny at times.

on topic. simon from ttgl no explanation needed.

Sep 22, 2010 6:59 AM

It would have Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh specially during my early years of college

Lizlet L Chelsie and Anri Hiiragi are my waifus!! XD

Sep 22, 2010 7:09 AM

Yang Wenli from LOGH
Hoshino Hachirota from Planetes
Watashi from Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Sep 22, 2010 7:50 AM
Luffy- I don't know why but since I watch One piece .I always keep a smile on my face and happy thought always comes into my mind.

Sep 22, 2010 12:49 PM
Tomoya from Clannad, biggest impact ever done by character...

Sep 22, 2010 12:57 PM

Kamina - gurren lagann
Faye Valentine - cowboy bebop
(゚∀゚)

Sep 22, 2010 1:00 PM

I can't say that any have really...I guess I am just not that impressionable lol.
Modified by Seven, Sep 22, 2010 5:29 PM

Sep 22, 2010 4:05 PM

Excalibur! - He is my inspiration in life.

Sep 22, 2010 9:52 PM

It would have to be Yokko from Twelve Kingdoms/Juuni Kokuki. She showed me that I can't please everyone and instead of letting people take advantage of me, I should only do what I want to do.
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!

Sep 22, 2010 10:58 PM

Luffy from One Piece
He is happy go lucky and funny

Sep 22, 2010 11:12 PM

spike spiegel.... he couldnt separate his past from the present. i learned to never look back from that

Sep 27, 2010 5:44 AM

Tomoya Okazaki, i dunno why. But i guess i can relate to his surrounding, problem.
And there's something in his character that really impressed me.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]