Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 8, 2013 9:07 AM

WhisperBit said:
I only read Love Hina manga (it was a torture but there were two pages that eased the pain) and as far as I remember the bitch won there...

She wasn't exactly the "tsundere" though. As she did show affection towards Keitaro from time to time.
I'm talking about
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

Jan 8, 2013 9:09 AM

Andomarn said:
She wasn't exactly the "tsundere" though. As she did show affection towards Keitaro from time to time.
I'm talking about

Oh yeah... That one... Didn't really like her but the fact that she couldn't kick Keitarou's ass everytime kinda made her less despicable :)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi

Jan 8, 2013 9:12 AM

WhisperBit said:
Andomarn said:
I'm talking about

Oh yeah... That one... Didn't really like her but the fact that she couldn't kick Keitarou's ass everytime kinda made her less despicable :)

Haha yeah, I guess. Well at least in the last chapters she started maturing a bit and I started liking her. ^,^
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

Jan 8, 2013 9:14 AM
I make my deicisions on a character by character basis. Theres some Tsunderes/Yanderes that I enjoy and make the series better, then theres the boring blobs of re-hashed plot devices that are there to be there.

Jan 8, 2013 9:23 AM

In general, I think it depends on how the character is developed. Other than that, I generally enjoy tsundere characters, especially with Rie Kugimiya voicing them.
"It has nothing to do with talent... what's important is doing it"- Chihiro (ef a tale of memories, ep 8)

Jan 8, 2013 9:28 AM

Godnollid16 said:
In general, I think it depends on how the character is developed. Other than that, I generally enjoy tsundere characters, especially with Rie Kugimiya voicing them.

+1

Jan 8, 2013 10:19 AM

It kind of depends. Some tsundere's are freaking annoying, while others are done really good and are adorable.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.

Jan 8, 2013 10:34 AM

pokecenter said:

Well that explains why I dropped Hidan no Bitch
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi

Jan 8, 2013 1:34 PM

Who you calling a tsundere?

Jan 8, 2013 1:44 PM

Unless the MC can defend himself then I hate them
Try to defeat me but try in vain.
When I win I end your pain.

Jan 8, 2013 1:48 PM

Dai Kirrai!!!

Jan 8, 2013 1:52 PM

Old topic. :O

Depending on how the character themselves are developed, it can go either ways. If the characters are cardboard cutouts done and redone thousands of times, then I probably won't like them. On the other hand, if they're well fleshed out, somewhat unique, and overall "good" characters in general, I like them.

Jan 8, 2013 1:58 PM
All of you will find a tsundere you love eventually. There's no escaping it.

Jan 9, 2013 1:14 AM

Z-flame said:
All of you will find a tsundere you love eventually. There's no escaping it.

I already found someone :P Kirino Kousaka :P My favorite Tsundere ever

Jan 9, 2013 1:36 AM

They would be bearable if they weren't over the top, extremist bitches who punches everyone for illogical reasons, which is hard to find. Also, their voices are mostly fucking annoying (Rie Kugimiya has plagued a lot of character's..).

Jan 9, 2013 3:41 AM

I like tsunderes who are more pessimistic than abrasive, like Kagami from Lucky Star.

Also male tsunderes. I love male tsunderes.

Jan 9, 2013 6:34 AM

Honestly, I hate most of them.

I hate Taiga.

I hate Louise.

I hate any tsundere voiced by Rie Kugiyima.

HATEEEEEEEEE /dies

But there are some I really like... like Makise Kurisu and Kamiki Izumo.

RarityRoyale said:

^ This.

... I prefer Yanderes, though.
Yanderes are superior.

Jan 9, 2013 6:52 AM

Only if they are well developed.

Off the top of my head only one I can think of is Taiga.

Jan 9, 2013 7:10 AM
argonseal said:
Only if they are well developed.

Off the top of my head only one I can think of is Taiga.
what about Laharl?

Jan 9, 2013 7:15 AM

RarityRoyale said:

I don't love them, but I don't mind them. Whereas I hate female tsunderes.

Jan 9, 2013 7:43 AM

I love my guderes. Generally, I can't stand tsunderes. Most of them have the same development. Poor family life, loli, trust issues, etc. They're fucking annoying.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 9, 2013 7:45 AM
Holybaptiser said:
I love my guderes. Generally, I can't stand tsunderes. Most of them have the same development. Poor family life, loli, trust issues, etc. They're fucking annoying.
would you like them if they weren't loli?

Jan 9, 2013 7:51 AM

Well first off, Tsundere is such a subjectively defined word it's hard to say who is and isn't a tsundere. For example, I laugh a little inside when people say Kagami Hiiragi is a tsundere. How exactly? Most will agree a tsundere's personality is most commonly, if not only seen during interactions with a character she/he has some type of a romantic affection for. I'm sorry to all the shipping yuri fans, but no, Kagami and Konata do not want to engage in either steamy sex or a homosexual relationship. They're friends and nothing more. (Hard to beleive I know). In the show and manga we see Kagami become flustered when Konata teases her about boys when they speak about the subject, but lettuce be reality, pretty much everyone, boys and girls, at their age become shy/embarrased at the subject. I do not think Kagami is a tsundere. Not even close.

I'm not too familiar with whether or not Kirino Kousaka actually has romantic/sexual feelings for her brother, as I have only watched the show and even then kind of loosely. I do not believe, personally, that she has such feelings for her brother either, at least from what I've taken in the first season. I do beleive their relationship is strained, and Kirino has a BIG problem not treating her brother violently, but I do not believe we have a true reason to believe she is a tsundere.

Someone I would say is a TRUE, original tsundere is for example, Shana or Misaka. Their romantic affections and their inner conflict with them are obvious, and their tendency to slowly become more "nice" to the character of their affection is exactly what a tsundere entails.

I believe the problem is people have come to think tsundere is any character whose face turns into a tomato whenever anyone says anything to them, followed uyp by a quick "baka" for no apparent reason. This is the fault of directors and companies which have come to have the habit of these cookie cutter "tsunderes" that sem to give people fanboy boners. Unfortunately, when a character is given such a trait, they tend to be completely underdeveloped and unrealistic, if not somewhat socially awkward.

And no, I don't mind true tsunderes. They melt my heart.

TL;DR: Fake tsunderes are what everyone thinks is a tsundere, kills all appeal for the character. True tsunderes are great. No, Kagami is not a tsundere. Deal with it.

EDIT: Forgot to say fake tsunderes are also given the unexplained, antisocial tendency to beat the living crap out of anyone when they become mildly uncomfortable for any reason. BRB, smacking my "friend" in the face with a baseball bat because he said "you look pretty today".

Jan 9, 2013 7:53 AM

Totally dislike female Tsunderes. :/

Jan 9, 2013 8:37 AM
Asukafag said:

So, you view characters with tsundere personalities as "fake tsunderes", while characters that have tsundere development are the "true tsunderes"

By developed tsunderes I mean characters that don't necessarily show the emotional shift that most tsunderes are common for, but show a progress of mean to nice (tsun to dere) over a long period of time. For example Shana.

Jan 9, 2013 8:37 AM
When I got back into watching anime (roughly a year ago), I couldn't stop watching new shows. Any kind of show that looked appealing to me- be it the story or good-looking visuals- was watched and rated afterwards. Doing it that way I naturally encountered many tsundere characters and at first they gave me a good laugh every now and then. Back then the idea of tsundere was refreshing to me but now, having watched all those shows, I'm not that fond of such characters anymore. Mostly because their actions are easily predictable. Now and then I discover a girl who pulls off the act in an amusing way but most of them bore me (sometimes even annoy me).

And i-it's not like I wrote the detailed post because of you guys or anything!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Jan 9, 2013 10:28 AM

somewhere in the middle. i get sick of their antics and then they change. if its done well, it can be touching. if not, well suffer they wrath of me!

Jan 9, 2013 10:59 AM

Z-flame said:
Asukafag said:

So, you view characters with tsundere personalities as "fake tsunderes", while characters that have tsundere development are the "true tsunderes"

By developed tsunderes I mean characters that don't necessarily show the emotional shift that most tsunderes are common for, but show a progress of mean to nice (tsun to dere) over a long period of time. For example Shana.

I wouldn't say that exactly. I don't exactly know what you mean between "personality and development". A tsundere will have a tsundere personality. What I'm saying is nowadyas storywriters and the fanboys who convince those storywriters to do so create unrealistic, superficial, archetypical, predictable, cookie-sutter "tsunderes". They're forced and overused, and "true" tsunderes from back when tsundere was a word rarely used have been forgotten. now we have some random girl with long blonde/red hair, who's always frowning, who truns into a tomato when someone says hi, and as a reaction, beats the crap out of the person saying hi. then she says "it's not like I assaulted you because I like you or anything baka". It's so predictable and forced it's not funny.

Jan 9, 2013 11:03 AM
Asukafag said:
Z-flame said:
Asukafag said:

I wouldn't say that exactly. I don't exactly know what you mean between "personality and development". A tsundere will have a tsundere personality. What I'm saying is nowadyas storywriters and the fanboys who convince those storywriters to do so create unrealistic, superficial, archetypical, predictable, cookie-sutter "tsunderes". They're forced and overused, and "true" tsunderes from back when tsundere was a word rarely used have been forgotten. now we have some random girl with long blonde/red hair, who's always frowning, who truns into a tomato when someone says hi, and as a reaction, beats the crap out of the person saying hi. then she says "it's not like I assaulted you because I like you or anything baka". It's so predictable and forced it's not funny.
By personality, I simply mean characters that merely show a fast shift in their personality (for example a mean character blushing when their love interest compliments them), but don't actually show any( or at least don't show much) character development

Jan 9, 2013 11:41 AM

I'm typically indifferent to them. The only Tsundere character I can think of that I actually like as a character is Shana from Shakugan no Shana, but not because she's a Tsundere.
Salmon is delicious.

Jan 9, 2013 11:57 AM

Z-flame said:
Holybaptiser said:
would you like them if they weren't loli?
No. The only tsunderes I like are Asuka and Kurisu. Not because they are not loli, but weren't annoying as fuck throughout the entire series. Some may argue that Asuka was a total bitch, but I liked her development.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 15, 2013 5:36 PM
Lean a little toward yanderes more just because sometime tsunderes can be annoying.

Jan 15, 2013 5:37 PM

I inwardly love them but display outward hostility towards them.

Jan 15, 2013 5:44 PM

I like tsunderes. Another cute face who can't accept her feelings? Sure, why not?
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jan 15, 2013 5:49 PM

I'm a tsundere

Jan 15, 2013 6:03 PM
In general, I like tsundere characters. My favorite all-time favorite is Rin Tohsaka. Kyou Fujibayashi is a close second.

Jan 15, 2013 7:06 PM

I love tsunderes; I find them adorable.

Jan 15, 2013 7:22 PM

Some. I like male tsundere mostly. I just don't like the types that only get angry at the nicest person/(if awesome) main. I also hate the hypocritical ones.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!

Jan 15, 2013 7:23 PM

Nope. Tsundere = nice way of saying BITCH.

Jan 15, 2013 7:25 PM
Knight Radiant

This is very generic, I like some, I dislike some...

Jan 15, 2013 7:27 PM

Most of them, are, well, crap.

Jan 15, 2013 7:46 PM

Depends.....You have the Shana type... Which is good in my opinion. If anyone came up to her and told her "Hey, You like Yuji don't you!" She wouldn't punch him in the face, get flustered and say "N-n-n-no! It's not anything like that!". Honestly I don't really see why Shana is considered Tsundere at all.... Since the majority of Season 2 and 3 was about her affection for Yuji....Which to my understanding most Tsunderes hide their affection under brute force, but w/e.

Now Tsunderes like Louise....
Anyways, constantly beating Saito whenever she could and rarely showing any sort of affection towards him was completely annoying. I can't stand Tsunderes like that. They're seriously just overall an annoyance to watch. If they're designed well aesthetically I'll continue to watch the series but be thoroughly annoyed at their acts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 15, 2013 7:51 PM

Only the mature ones, I love girls who play hard to get or cant be honest with themselves

Love tsunderes like Misaki Ayuzawa, Shizuku Sango, or Seraphim

Jan 15, 2013 7:56 PM
Ahri said:
Anyways, constantly beating Saito whenever she could and rarely showing any sort of affection towards him
That's one of the things I liked about the last season, she showed the most affection towards Saito and development out of any character in the show. Compared to the previous seasons.

Jan 15, 2013 8:25 PM

I never quite got the tsundere hate until Toradora. I like characters with tsundere traits but when it's their only way of behaving they get annoying real fast.

Jan 15, 2013 8:47 PM

Haven't noticed them enough to care, but Nymph is boss. I guess I really don't care atm.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*

Jan 15, 2013 8:55 PM
Riiken said:
I never quite got the tsundere hate until Toradora. I like characters with tsundere traits but when it's their only way of behaving they get annoying real fast.

I feel you on that one. Dropped Toradora a few hours ago, actually. Didn't like Taiga at all.

Jan 15, 2013 8:59 PM

Fully depends on the character.

Jan 15, 2013 9:06 PM

One of my favorite archetypes actually.

Jan 15, 2013 9:10 PM
i depends, i hate tsundere that is constantly pissed and angry. it annoying but im fine with cute tsundere or girls with less tsun

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »