Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 7, 2013 11:28 PM

Hate them. I don't call them tsudere, I call them insecure, immature, petty.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Jan 7, 2013 11:29 PM

katsucats said:
I just keep liking you more and more.

I've always considered tsundere characters unrealistic and obnoxious.

Jan 7, 2013 11:55 PM

Every once and awhile there's a tsundere I might like but not that many.

Jan 8, 2013 12:01 AM

Depends on future developments...

Jan 8, 2013 12:03 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
lovelydeath said:
I gotta be honest it depends on the story.

I'd have to say the same. I like/dislike them on an individual basis, really depends on what they contribute to the story. For example, I feel that Victorique from Gosick makes a great tsundere, really made the series much more interesting with her sassy attitude :>.
Same with Ririchiyo to me.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Jan 8, 2013 12:37 AM
katsucats said:

>Favorites: Makise, Kurisu

Is that a joke then?

Jan 8, 2013 12:37 AM

Taiga made me change my mind about them a little xD

Jan 8, 2013 12:48 AM

I understand a concept behind them (or how they are supposed to be) but nowadays when anime devs make them all the same and completely miss the point of tsunderes by making them total bitches so I just hate them with passion since they ruin a lot for me
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi

Jan 8, 2013 12:51 AM

Red_Keys said:
katsucats said:
I just keep liking you more and more.

I've always considered tsundere characters unrealistic and obnoxious.

Jan 8, 2013 1:04 AM

Z-flame said:
katsucats said:

Is that a joke then?
I like Makise Kurisu. I hate the tsundere aspect. Thankfully, she grew out of that after the first 3rd of the show. Besides, her reaction to "Hououin Kyouma" is understandable, unlike most tsundere characters that just like to act like a 5 year old because the manga author needed a shoe to fill.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Jan 8, 2013 1:08 AM

dey r aight
^_^

Jan 8, 2013 1:30 AM
katsucats said:
Z-flame said:
katsucats said:

Is that a joke then?
I like Makise Kurisu. I hate the tsundere aspect. Thankfully, she grew out of that after the first 3rd of the show. Besides, her reaction to "Hououin Kyouma" is understandable, unlike most tsundere characters that just like to act like a 5 year old because the manga author needed a shoe to fill.
sure.....

Jan 8, 2013 1:40 AM

Tsunderes can be awesome...

...except when they take it too far...

Jan 8, 2013 1:49 AM

Virtual_BS said:
Tsunderes can be awesome...

...except when they take it too far...

I disagree she wasn't as bad as most of the annoying tsundere characters

Jan 8, 2013 1:52 AM

Taiga Aisaka, Makise Kurisu and Perrine Clostermann are good. Pretty much every other tsundere character is terrible.

Jan 8, 2013 2:00 AM

I love taiga & kurisu ♥

Jan 8, 2013 2:10 AM
With a ratio of 7:3, 7 for Love and 3 for Hate. :))

Jan 8, 2013 2:13 AM

Depends, but I often don't like them, they are annoying as fuck. Assume your feelings oh god!
And I truly don't understand when the MC falls in love with her. If it was me I would just say "gtfo if you don't know what you want".

Jan 8, 2013 2:28 AM

Good sum-up of tsunderes IMO.

I really, really don't like them myself when that character archetype is too much of a big part of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 8, 2013 2:48 AM

I find them pretty annoying.

Jan 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Love them except when they're extremely cold and bitchy or punch the guy all the time...

Jan 8, 2013 2:56 AM

Jan 8, 2013 4:32 AM

Double tsundere is a gift from the gods.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Jan 8, 2013 5:01 AM
LinuxChemAnime

Tsundere are my favorite character type :) I really love them :P

Jan 8, 2013 5:20 AM

Tsunderes... i laik
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 8, 2013 5:41 AM

I love Tsunderes as long as they aren't using violence too much when in Tsun mode(Kirino and Louise are the ones that I know that they use violence much when in Tsun mode which they are my least favorite Tsunderes).

Jan 8, 2013 5:46 AM

Ahem!

TSUNDERES ARE GLORIOUS

That is all!

Jan 8, 2013 5:52 AM

Tsunderes are alright, all depending on the feel of an anime. In general I like Tsunderes but they can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Jan 8, 2013 5:55 AM

Depends on whether the 'tsun' part is just some variant on 'coldness', (which is fine), or whether it's actual bad behaviour, like violence (which is definitely not).

Jan 8, 2013 6:00 AM

I know, let's play a game! Instead of using Japanese terms, we can just speak English!

Jan 8, 2013 6:01 AM

natssuu said:
I know, let's play a game! Instead of using Japanese terms, we can just speak English!

Who are you talking about?

Jan 8, 2013 6:03 AM

rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Oh, apparently TSUNDERE is an english word, my bad.

Jan 8, 2013 6:04 AM

natssuu said:

ok.

I like those characters that are cold towards you at first but warm up to you when they try to hide their feelings. They're so cute with their endearing... cuteness!

..that wasn't too hard.

Jan 8, 2013 6:07 AM

MellowJello said:
natssuu said:

ok.

I like those characters that are cold towards you at first but warm up to you when they try to hide their feelings. They're so cute with their endearing... cuteness!

..that wasn't too hard.

Tsundere= Cute, cold, warm girls. Got it!

Jan 8, 2013 6:07 AM

natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Tsundere doesn't have a English translation. Unless you're implying everybody should type out the whole definition of the word every time they talk about tsundere's.

Jan 8, 2013 6:09 AM

rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Tsundere doesn't have a English translation. Unless you're implying everybody should type out the whole definition of the word every time they talk about tsundere's.

That would be nice :)

Jan 8, 2013 6:10 AM

rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Bipolar comes close.

Jan 8, 2013 6:11 AM

natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

No rational person would do that.

onedaysnotice said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Bipolar comes close.

But its not the correct definition. and it doesn't come close with all types of tsundere's.

Jan 8, 2013 6:14 AM

rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Lazy bastards.

Jan 8, 2013 6:16 AM

natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Lazy bastards.

But why are you getting mad over somebody using a term that everybody in the anime community knows the meaning off?

Jan 8, 2013 6:19 AM

Hate them.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | Guren x Shinya | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

Jan 8, 2013 6:23 AM

Theodoricos said:

Good sum-up of tsunderes IMO.

Lol thats a good one.

I'm kind of neutral. Depends on how they are depicted in the anime/manga. Sometimes they can be cute but other times it can be extremely annoying.

Jan 8, 2013 6:30 AM

These stereotypes are stupid. If it's done well, then I like it, if not then it's just lame.

Jan 8, 2013 7:40 AM

rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:
rederoin said:
natssuu said:

huh?

Lazy bastards.

But why are you getting mad over somebody using a term that everybody in the anime community knows the meaning off?

I too would like to know the reason behind this. This is an ANIME forum, I bet 94% of this community knows what tsundere is.

Jan 8, 2013 8:21 AM

I don't hate them. I don't love them either...

Jan 8, 2013 8:31 AM

It would help if you would categorize them. I like tsunderes in general but, there are tsunderes, and then there is TSUNDERES.
Difference?
Let me explain. The tsunderes I like are those who actually show some warming love or affection.
Then there are those TSUNDERES, who will turn into emokids at the end of a show(if they are part of a romantic anime)wondering why the fuck the protagonist didn't choose them, what did they ever do wrong? Nothing, only badmouthing the protagonist whenever they fucking see each other and eventually using that violence tendency they have to show their form of "love". Try to be nice to the protagonist and win his love? Nope, too mainstream. Punches and kicks is the way to roll.
Modified by Andomarn, Jan 8, 2013 9:15 AM
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

Jan 8, 2013 8:52 AM

^ Can you give examples of at least a couple of decent animes where TSUNDERES lose?

Since all I've seen is that those bitches either win or MC chooses indecisive harem ending...
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi

Jan 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Andomarn said:
It would help if you would categorize them. I like tsunderes in general but, there are tsunderes, and then there is TSUNDERES.
Difference?
Let me explain. The tsunderes I like are those who actually show some warming love or affection.
Then there are those TSUNDERES, who will turn into emokids at the end of a show(if they are part of a romantic anime)wondering why the fuck the protagonist didn't choose them, what did they ever do wrong? Nothing, only badmouthing the protagonist whenever they fucking see each other and eventually using that violence tendency they have to show their form of "love", trying to be nice to the protagonist and winning his love? Nope, too mainstream. Punches and kicks is the way to roll.

Now that some1 nearlysummarized Zero no Tsukaima, let's continue with the next anime TSUNDERE example.

xP

Jan 8, 2013 9:00 AM

WhisperBit said:
^ Can you give examples of at least a couple of decent animes where TSUNDERES lose?

Since all I've seen is that those bitches either win or MC chooses indecisive harem ending...

Just to name a few, need more? No?
"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

Jan 8, 2013 9:05 AM

I only read Love Hina manga (it was a torture but there were two pages that eased the pain) and as far as I remember the bitch won there...

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »