Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 8, 2010 4:25 PM

Okay so Im going to be graduating middle school this year. LoL yeah i know im pretty young to be on this site. But anyways i really don't wanna graduate cuz i don't wanna go to high school. I've been with the same friends in the same schools for a while now and i don't wanna leave them =( Also the high school i have to go to really sucks =/ u have to where this really stupid uniform and there's police everywhere because of the shootings. Yeah people have been shot there...
So yeah im super uber scared to go and just want some advice about high school and what to do and whatever.

kk thanks =)

Aug 8, 2010 4:31 PM

Just take it easy, be yourself and do it. I got most of my current friends at high school+ and most people are nice and also wants new friends when entering high school, so its fairly easy (even for a socially retarded person like me) to get some new friends there.

atleast thats what it was like for me!

Aug 8, 2010 4:32 PM

I just graduated from middle school too! I can't wait to go into highschool :)

Aug 8, 2010 4:34 PM

When I was in high school....long ago on the 1st day all the freshmen were paraded into the gym and all the other upper-class students sat around in the bleachers and screamed and stomped their feet saying go home freshmen go home loudly about a hundred times...lol. But really it's not even bad I had a great time made great friends, parties, went to sporting events etc...join some after school clubs meet people etc

Anyways if need directions to a class make sure it's a teacher you're asking... sometimes upperclassmen students tell freshmen totally different directions on purpose to the other end of the school. Good times Good times...at least in my school they did.
Modified by Seven, Aug 8, 2010 4:43 PM

Aug 8, 2010 4:34 PM

thanks =)
lol BLeakXBuRSTX19 i haven't graduated yet.. im going to be this is going to be my last year

Aug 8, 2010 4:35 PM

It's really not as bad as TV shows and movies make it seem to be.

It felt a lot like middle school only with more people to me.

Aug 8, 2010 4:36 PM

xxRitsukaxx said:
thanks =)
lol BLeakXBuRSTX19 i haven't graduated yet.. im going to be this is going to be my last year

ok i could of read it quickly and i thought that you graduated already lol

Aug 8, 2010 4:40 PM

There is nothing to be afraid of.

Aug 8, 2010 4:41 PM

lol. its ok,maybe i made it seem like i already did graduate =p

Aug 8, 2010 4:44 PM

Not to say anything rude about american youth.... I don't know what to say.... stay out of trouble? :3
My personal experience with high school was rather good. Except the fact that we had to study tons of useless stuff.

Aug 8, 2010 4:46 PM

thanks for the advice.
but u guys probably didn't have shootings going on at your schools.. this is a really messed up school and i have to go to it cuz its the only close one. =/
btw im Canadian

Aug 8, 2010 4:47 PM

High School is a terrible place. It was so bad I bought books and stayed home to study.

Aug 8, 2010 4:50 PM

^ wow that made me feel alot better -.-

Aug 8, 2010 4:51 PM

It's really not that bad, hardly different than middle school IMO. It'll be scary the first day, it always is. Dont forget most the other freshmans feel the same way. But you'll be just fine. ^^

Aug 8, 2010 4:53 PM

I like high school better than middle. I'm going to a high school very similar to your description except the uniforms lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 8, 2010 5:02 PM

=) cool. yea i think i felt the same way about middle school too except that most of my friends went to the same school.

Aug 8, 2010 5:02 PM

Everyone gets those pre-HS jitters! Trust me when I say that *it'll be okay*. ^_^ 'Cause it's really not too bad. The work gets harder and it takes time to find your classes, but freshmen year is just another school year. Each school year has ups and downs and 9th grade is no different. Give it a try; everybody thinks their new school will be terrible when they've never learned there themselves. It's just like a really cold pool... slowly sink into the water. :D

You can do it! Best of luck! :)

Aug 8, 2010 5:09 PM

Just do what you normally do on here. Have sex with every random guy.

Aug 8, 2010 5:12 PM

thanks SunlightSprite.
=O ftw shifter-rage?????

Aug 8, 2010 5:18 PM

You people and your cybering makes me sick.

Aug 8, 2010 5:26 PM

xxRitsukaxx said:
=O ftw shifter-rage?????

No, no, it's FTW for me and WTF for you. High School kids are gonna eat ya up...

Aug 8, 2010 5:33 PM

riight.....

Aug 8, 2010 5:50 PM
Make memories! High school goes by fast, and decide on what you want to do after high school early, so you don't have to worry about it later. Make friends with the smart kids, this will help you in the long run. Not much i can say, it's been a while....

Aug 8, 2010 5:59 PM
Not much i can say, it's been a while....

It's been a while for me as well. And I don't have any advice..., mostly all I did in high school was read during lunch. And I had the hardest time making friends.

Aug 8, 2010 6:06 PM

thank u guys =)

Aug 8, 2010 6:59 PM

In my country, a lot of people say that High School was one of the best part of their lives. Although I enjoyed college a lot more, high school wasn't bad. I met my best friend in high school. Hopefully, you'll find great friends too. :D

Aug 8, 2010 7:05 PM

I remember I was scared to start high school too. Mainly cause I was afraid of getting lost or walking into the wrong class. Also the change and getting use to a totally different school. But everything was totally fine and I really enjoyed it. Now I'll be a sophmore next year and I actually can't wait to go back. haha. Just make the most of it and enjoy it. You'll do just fine. :D

Aug 8, 2010 7:16 PM

thanks ^_^

Aug 8, 2010 7:23 PM

high school isn't so bad as long as you're either avoiding the bullies or you become a bully. once you're picked on even in the slightest and you let people get away with it, you're done for. that's when everyone and their grandmother joins in on making fun of you while you're pissing your pants in the guidance counselor's office.

either grow a pair quick, or wear camouflage to not stand out or something.

oh, and that fat kid in every school that you see no one talking to wearing the naruto headband? just because he likes anime like you doesn't mean you should ever talk to him. he's already far beyond salvation.

Aug 8, 2010 7:25 PM

^ XD that made me LOL

Aug 8, 2010 7:28 PM

I didn't find High School much different from middle school. the teachers make a big deal about how hard its going to be and what not but it was the same just more students. I also had shootings and a lot of stabbings at my school but they ended up putting metal detectors up and i noticed a lot of the smaller and weaker kids just kept to themselves and never really got messed with.

Aug 8, 2010 7:35 PM

watch out for zombies and you should be fine. Just think of it as getting closer to college(which is fricken awesome), driver's license, and new friends :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 8, 2010 7:44 PM

Zahlzeit said:

It felt a lot like middle school only with more people to me.

I just had my first day of public high school a few days ago and this is exactly what it seemed like.

Aug 8, 2010 7:47 PM
If someone tries to pick on you, pretend that your nuts =) I use to get bullied in middle school a lot and then I started pretending to be all creep and psycho. Yes, I was one of the kids listed to shoot up my school, but it was just an act and it kept me out of trouble!

If you want some real advice, just keep your cool and don't worry so much. Things will work out great in the end! If you end up doing something stupid, laugh about it. Don't care what others think of you! We all make mistakes =) most of all, have fun!

Aug 8, 2010 7:49 PM

^^ cool thanks [=

Aug 8, 2010 7:56 PM

High school is not that bad if you think about it. I myself is in high school and I find it okay. I don't find uniforms that bad. Saves you the trouble of having to pick out clothes to wear. Also, good luck for your freshman year. You're going to always miss your first year if it goes good.

Aug 8, 2010 8:08 PM

High school was a blast and a great build up to uni life...just be yourself and study at your own pace...make as much friends and date enough girls/guys so that by the time you look back, you'd feel satisfied

Aug 8, 2010 8:14 PM

High School wasn't that bad for me, but after moving from San Francisco to a suburb upon graduating from Middle School, I realized that most people in the boonies are very immature. Its pretty much just the same as middle school, only people might tend to be a bit more rude. Don't get scared over it, you'll get used to it. Geez, I can't believe I graduated from High School 2 years ago... It will past very fast

Aug 8, 2010 8:17 PM

thank u ^_^

Aug 8, 2010 8:20 PM

Forget those advices about bullies, have you watched Higurashi no koro rai? All your problems with bullies is in that series.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 8, 2010 8:40 PM
If you survived the first year,then you'll have no problems.

Aug 8, 2010 8:41 PM

You know all that advice about not doing drugs and having unprotected sex with classmates? That's how you become a loner.

Aug 8, 2010 8:43 PM

llxwarbirdxll said:
You know all that advice about not doing drugs and having unprotected sex with classmates? That's how you become a loner.

Lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 8, 2010 8:52 PM
highly doubt you'll be shot, unless you're caught up in all that nonsense :D, so you're good.

anyway, seriously, don't worry about losing your friends. i worried about the same thing going into high school, and next year is my senior year & i will have entered, and exited high school with the same group of friends. it's natural to make new friends, so don't push them off, and yeah, it's sad but sometimes friends do break up. and that's okay. friends break up for a reason. if you're determined in the friendship that you have with your friends then you guys will be alright. haven't you heard? "if you love someone, let it go. if they return they were always yours. if they don't they never were." so don't sweat it. i know for a fact this is true because when i entered high school i started hanging out with my friend from elementary school who didn't talk to any of my best friends from middle school. anyway, i started hanging out with her and her group of friends for the first few months. i didn't lose my other friends over the coarse, i just started talking to them less and less. eventually i realized, even though i adore the people that i am hanging out with, there's no place like family, and family my other friends were. i returned.

and one thing i highly recommend is stay focused on your studies! or it'll bite you in the ass when you get to grade 12.
also don't be a prude, and do everything by the book! high school corrupts you anyway so why not go out with a bang? (i'm not telling you to do drugs here ...:|). if you want to smoke weed, smoke weed, but don't let anyone talk you into it! if you want to drink, then hell, drink (responsibly). high school is a one in a lifetime experience. stick it to the man and discouver what you want to do, not what some other people are telling you what to do. just have fun with it :)
hell, kiss boys if you want to, (but not too many to get a rep ;)) kiss girls if you want to. it's a time to experiment and take chances. high school's what you make out of it, and man oh man if you live up to it's expectations there's no way you'll want to graduate.

hope i helped, kiddo :)

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"

Aug 8, 2010 8:54 PM

Confucius said:
llxwarbirdxll said:

Lol
It's not funny. There was only one guy at my school who got along with everyone without doing drugs or having random sex with people, but that was only because he was the smartest guy/only Chinese guy in school.

Aug 8, 2010 8:58 PM
there's a girl i know who doesn't do any of that shit. she parties, but doesn't drink or smoke & she's smart too.
she is honestly liked by everyone, but i guess her looks & her moula help that too. not much though, cos it's her personality that prevails.
it's very hard to achieve that, but if you do then you must be a golden child.

you can aim for it, but most of us fail ;)

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"

Aug 8, 2010 9:53 PM

llxwarbirdxll said:
Confucius said:
llxwarbirdxll said:

Lol
It's not funny. There was only one guy at my school who got along with everyone without doing drugs or having random sex with people, but that was only because he was the smartest guy/only Chinese guy in school.
Looks like someone needs to be banned again.

Aug 8, 2010 11:53 PM

Be the kid who brings coke in the first day. I know that scored me plenty of popularity! It was like a show and tell, and everyone was laughing and touching themselves in odd places.

mylovelyfate said:
there's a girl i know who doesn't do any of that shit. she parties, but doesn't drink or smoke & she's smart too.
she is honestly liked by everyone, but i guess her looks & her moula help that too. not much though, cos it's her personality that prevails.
it's very hard to achieve that, but if you do then you must be a golden child.

you can aim for it, but most of us fail ;)

Be careful, those are the prescription drug junkies.

Aug 9, 2010 12:32 AM

I live in Australia but I doubt it's any different.
Anyways, don't go being something your not - you'll just look even weirder.
Focus on your studies. You'll meet alot of good people just studying - trust me. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Some you'd never meet if you just turned into some prick who just wanted to hang with the in crowd. It's only a few years in school you got to nail down anyway. If I were you I'd rather spend 3 years of my life studying my brains out than doing some shit job for the next 45 years because I was a lazy fuck as a kid.
Don't go hanging with weird people - I used to hang with junkies, I wish I was hanging with nerds earlier. It's just not worth it. You can make friends fine without having to be something your not, and you tend to get better friends doing stuff your comfortable with.
Relationships - great. Just don't go blowing a lot of cash. Don't go find a materialistic partner who demands shit. LOL. Don't go dating people that you half like or pity, it'll make you look like a dirty fuck to everyone around you and you'll never be happy at all.

Anyways, that's all I got.

Aug 9, 2010 12:39 AM

xxRitsukaxx said:
Okay so Im going to be graduating middle school this year. LoL yeah i know im pretty young to be on this site. But anyways i really don't wanna graduate cuz i don't wanna go to high school. I've been with the same friends in the same schools for a while now and i don't wanna leave them =( Also the high school i have to go to really sucks =/ u have to where this really stupid uniform and there's police everywhere because of the shootings. Yeah people have been shot there...
So yeah im super uber scared to go and just want some advice about high school and what to do and whatever.

kk thanks =)

Uniforms?! Fuck, I wish my high school had 'um... with like a casual Friday or something. Tell ya what though, you'll make it to graduation A-okay! And, if you are lucky, you'll be emotionally numb by senior year

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »