Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
May 18, 2008 6:23 AM

I had a perfect sentence in my head to go at the end of my essay, but I forgot it, and I did the anime scratching head thing because I was mad I forgot it/was trying to remember it. Know what I'm talking about? It is when they scratch the side of their heads really fast with an irritated look on their face when they can't remember something.

Now that I think about it, when I was in a good mood at home, as a joke, I did the exaggerated laugh with my head tilted back (face looking straight up) that you see too often in anime.

Could these be just from me? Possibly.
However, the thought that they come from anime, and I'm starting to act like the characters, scares me.

Any of your own stories?
Modified by legos, May 18, 2008 8:13 PM

May 18, 2008 6:28 AM

Sometimes I pull out a giant paper fan or hammer which couldn't possibly have fit in my pants to hit someone when they make a bad joke/comment.

Or not. I probably have some behavior carried over from watching too much anime though, but just don't notice it. If you don't intentionally do something you see, it may blend into your everyday behavior without you consciously knowing about it.

May 18, 2008 6:30 AM

Geese said:
Sometimes I pull out a giant paper fan or hammer which couldn't possibly have fit in my pants to hit someone when they make a bad joke/comment.

You're a funny guy.

Way to take the fun out of something. Seems I offended you somehow.
Modified by legos, May 18, 2008 6:35 AM

May 18, 2008 7:26 AM

I wasn't trying to poke fun at you or anything. Just a joke, don't take it so seriously.

May 18, 2008 9:23 AM

I stopped wearing socks after finishing death note

May 18, 2008 11:18 AM
I suppose I could say something trite like after reading Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou I came to appreciate my surroundings a bit more but basically anime/manga has no profound effects on my life, except for the time I spend on it.
Modified by Rofelos, May 18, 2008 4:48 PM

May 18, 2008 11:53 AM

I scratch the back of my head when I'm at a loss for words or something like that. Not sure if I took it from anime though. Been doing it for a long time. Although, still could be something I got from anime subconsciously.

May 18, 2008 12:15 PM

I am Eternally in despair after SZS.

May 18, 2008 1:32 PM

I have a tendency to quote off of Mr.Itoshiki...

May 18, 2008 3:58 PM
Every once in awhile I reach toward my opposite shoulder as if I have an oversized sword strapped to my back. This habit started after watching Berserk, and had only gotten worse once I started on Bleach. And it's been going on for over three years, and new habitual anime body gestures came along with it (mainly those of Lelouch and Kamina).

I don't count anything learned from Death Note; everything I do in that account is more or less entirely intentional.

May 18, 2008 4:01 PM

I do the "evil bitch laugh" every once in a while. That's where a girl who is the rival of the main character is taunting her, and holds her hand up on the side of her mouth and lets out a high-pitched "oh-ho-ho-ho" or something similar xD

Note: I never do this around people.
You've come a long way, baby.

May 18, 2008 4:04 PM

^ hahahaha

I facepalm. A lot. :<
And I've been saying despair more often lately.

May 18, 2008 8:11 PM

Kimura said:
I do the "evil bitch laugh" every once in a while. That's where a girl who is the rival of the main character is taunting her, and holds her hand up on the side of her mouth and lets out a high-pitched "oh-ho-ho-ho" or something similar xD

Note: I never do this around people.

lol...pretty funny.

May 18, 2008 8:17 PM

I've done the head scratching thing myself a few times, I half expect the huge sweatdrop to come out once in a while too ^__^

May 18, 2008 8:22 PM

Aug 17, 2008 10:33 PM

During tests in school I right like Light from Death Note, as seen below.

Aug 17, 2008 10:41 PM

I sometimes do the Ehehehehe laugh thing, which I think comes from anime.....

Aug 17, 2008 10:47 PM

I tend to flail constantly.
AND LAUGH HYSTERICALLY (thanks, Yagami Light!).

Aug 17, 2008 11:05 PM
Wow, are a few of you here fucked up or what? I had a phase in acting like anime characters, nothing major, for a week or so.

Aug 17, 2008 11:40 PM

I do that whole evil laugh thing outloud (ohohohoho~ ) and
ummyeah said:
I tend to flail constantly.

Aug 17, 2008 11:45 PM

There is one thing, that I unconditionally do. But everything else I may do is intentional to annoy someone/something.

Aug 17, 2008 11:48 PM

I always tend to yell "Yata!" when i accomplish something. >.>

Aug 18, 2008 4:26 AM

Lol whenever someone says something I don't like, or takes me for a sucker, I quote the Great Kamina.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!!?!

Most ppl just roll their eyes.

Aug 18, 2008 5:27 AM

hell no

Aug 18, 2008 6:37 AM

I'm pretty much the physical embodiment of Nodame's personality.

Aug 18, 2008 8:16 AM

Watching things in Japanese all the time has caused me to have the habit of saying 'eh' unconsciously.
Also, 'un' has become a common response from me.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Aug 18, 2008 2:42 PM

ALWAYS! Sometimes, I sit and act like L, but then my friends get irritated and my knees start to cramp O___o I also say Nyoro~n a lot XDDDDDDDD

Also, whenever I take a shower, I do the "Timotei" thing XDDDD

TIMOTEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I also say "Nani?" and call people Baka, but then I get weird looks O__o XD

Aug 18, 2008 2:50 PM

Shinobigami said:
During tests in school I right like Light from Death Note, as seen below.

I.. Fucking... LOL'D - that joke has been a regular one for me and my mate for a long time, it's good to see we're not the only ones who joke about it.

For me, pretty much the same as the first post. I have a tendancy to rub the back of my head/neck in embarassing or awkward moments. I don't know if that's from anime influence, though...

Aug 18, 2008 2:59 PM

I tend to say ''Oi'' in a more annoyed manner than anything else and I also grunt like the anime characters sometimes, but that's pretty much it.

But I remember that some people noticed that I move my lips in the same manner as the CG or game characters... and I don't even remember how they do it anymore O_o
''... you know what? As a writer, I bring life into those who will experience happiness, sadness, torment and love in stories I write. They will have the opportunity to discover what being important means... and all because I will never be able to do the same as they could. If I could, I would put myself in their place right now. But no, my magic isn't like that...''

Aug 18, 2008 3:50 PM

Welll.....Yeah I do...
I never even do anything intentionally
when it comes to this O__O
DAMN Too Much....anime

Aug 27, 2008 4:33 PM

yup

Aug 27, 2008 4:37 PM

constantly, its quite scarey, i do the oh hohohohoh~ thing. i flail, i quote without realising
and whenever i hurt myself i shout itai anstead of ouch >.> there are probably more im unaware of these are just the things my friends have pointed out

Aug 27, 2008 6:30 PM

I've always done the arm-flailing; but around High School I started to do (around people) "oh hohohoh~" one (but, it's more like the Slayers Version - the one that Purple Haired Sorceress Woman in the Slayers movies/OVAs did whenever her and Lena were together. High Pitched Evil Laughter, Chest Jiggling, Highly Annoying, Awesomeness ^_^).

I've recently taken up the "OMFGWTFBBQ" Outrageously Shocked Expression that they do in Gintama, though lol Sometimes I'll do a direct quote from Gintoki and be all, "Just Do It!" (That annoys the hell out of everyone I say it in front of). I'll also go, "d-d-d-d-DOUSHITE?!!?!!?" or "Ch-ch-ch-CHOTTO MATTE!!!!" whenever someone does something unexpected. Over-exaggeration is lulzy.

I've also taken a liking to going, "___ ja nai. ____ da" whenever someone calls my name *_*

鬼畜眼鏡 ~ 本多憲二x佐伯克哉
Yeah, I read too much yaoi and I'm totally proud of it ^o^
Shounen are simply not safe around me - latest pair: HijiGin (Yeah, Gintama).

Aug 27, 2008 6:52 PM

Well sometimes when a person does something weird/silly in front of me, I sweat out a giant droplet on the back of my head, just like how they do it in animu.

O_o

Aug 27, 2008 7:17 PM

ukonkivi said:
Watching things in Japanese all the time has caused me to have the habit of saying 'eh' unconsciously.
Also, 'un' has become a common response from me.

I do this too sometimes. And say ったくもう (ttaku mou) when I'm annoyed. Sometimes even when I'm speaking English. Only since I started studying Japanese though.

I also do the back of head rubbing thing occasionally. Some Japanese people told me that the back of the head thing is a male embarrassment thing, while women often rub the front/side of their heads.
Modified by bubble, Aug 29, 2008 9:25 PM

Aug 27, 2008 7:36 PM

Lol after watching so much anime, and loving it so much, I tend to act like in anime naturally.
But I do pretty minor/un-noticable things.
Haha, I actually knew some kid who went over board and started doing Naruto hand signs while playing capture the flag, and me and my friend were like "WTF? ...LMAO! xD"

And I love to quote lines from anime a lot, or use common japanese words/terms seen in anime :3
Although some of the quotes I say make my friends give me that blank-wtf/lol-stare >.>;
Rofl, I remember one time I called my friend a baka (and supposably it means something like "cow" in spanish) and she was like "did you just call me a cow?" xDD
Modified by MightySpirit, Aug 27, 2008 7:44 PM

Aug 27, 2008 9:17 PM

Actually no. However, I do occasionally see other acting eerily like anime character sometimes. The most common cases are the anime head scratch. I have also seen the occasional animesque "nooooooooooo!" a few times as well. Other than that there have been a few times where I have encountered a person that acts like a common anime character type. For example. I have actually met a few real life tsunderes in my life. They do exist!

Aug 27, 2008 10:07 PM

Yes.
Desu.

Aug 28, 2008 12:43 AM

I tend to replace "What?" with a "Nani nani?" in a cutesy, girly voice. Of course, I don't do this in front of other people... >.>

Aug 28, 2008 12:46 AM

MightySpirit said:

Rofl, I remember one time I called my friend a baka (and supposably it means something like "cow" in spanish) and she was like "did you just call me a cow?" xDD

Hehe XD Though, in Spanish, the word for "cow" is spelt "Vaca" :)

Aug 28, 2008 12:59 AM

Thought it was just me... except, I mostly just use words from anime. Like I'll say something like "yare yare" or "etto" sometimes without even thinking about it. Also after watching Pani-Poni Dash I like to use the word "Maho!" but it doesn't really count since it's intentional. The only action I can think of that I do is that kind of sideways mouth twitchy eye thing they do when they're dumbfounded or whatever. Oh and sometimes I'll hit myself in the head if I remember something that I should have known.

Aug 28, 2008 5:53 AM

Haha, yea i happens a lot nowadays^^; Using words Like "baka" Youkoso" "Yare Yare" "Itai" "Hidoe~" happens alot^^;, and gestures... pretty much always^^; to one that happen much is when someone says something slightly disturbing i do one of those fall over acts that often happens in manga^^;

Aug 28, 2008 6:11 AM

No! It never happened! Once equals never D:.
Alright, once. Just once. And it was embarrasing, too.

Short story made shorter; I was in class, thinking of something (probably related to anime); the teacher says my name and I go "Hai!". Loud and clear.

Otherwise, I talk like a normal person :p.

Aug 28, 2008 10:43 AM
Well, sometimes i randomly scream "IMMAH GUNDAMZ" and stuff like that.

Aug 28, 2008 12:50 PM
I said "Nyu" alot when I finished Elfen Lied. I also do the thing Naruto does often. I put my hands on the back of my head and look bored. It pissies my teachers off. :P

Also I would like to bee more clumsy after seeing too much "girl"-anime. :)

Aug 29, 2008 7:20 AM

i act like anime intentionally xD

Aug 29, 2008 3:07 PM

I've done a little bit of most things people have mentioned :3

But I mainly just say "EHH!?" really loudly.

I do tend to get the cross on my forehead when I'm angry too. Hehe~

Aug 29, 2008 3:09 PM

girl said:
I did the Hare Hare Yukai dance in the field at school. I was obviously thinking about Haruhi at that moment.

Someone told me to do something and I did that kind of "Hai, Hai!!". She said "You've been Otakuing again haven't you?"

lol thats always fun i do tha hare hare yukai everywhere , the best part is the people i hang out with in town are otakus to so we can to it properly and get stared at =D

Aug 29, 2008 3:12 PM

Sugoi-otaku said:
girl said:
I did the Hare Hare Yukai dance in the field at school. I was obviously thinking about Haruhi at that moment.

Someone told me to do something and I did that kind of "Hai, Hai!!". She said "You've been Otakuing again haven't you?"

lol thats always fun i do tha hare hare yukai everywhere , the best part is the people i hang out with in town are otakus to so we can to it properly and get stared at =D

Ahhh man. I wish I could do that around my town. I'd probably get attacked by a pack of chavs!

Aug 29, 2008 3:14 PM

Kirky said:
Sugoi-otaku said:
girl said:

Ahhh man. I wish I could do that around my town. I'd probably get attacked by a pack of chavs!

oh noes not the chavs haha we probably would to if we didnt do it in a public place im waiting for it to happen actually, its bound to at some point >.<

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »