Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2010 10:59 PM
Jun 2010
alright so... i need more bands to listen to... based on my mildly long list can anyone recommend some more bands? -

As I Lay Dying, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Anberlin, All That Remains, Seventh Day Slumber, Alesana, Bullet for My Valentine, Korn, Slipknot, Nevertheless, Ivoryline, Hawk Nelson, Cartel, Thrice, Yellowcard, Sonata Arctica, Hawthorne Heights, Smashing Pumpkins, Sum 41, P.O.D., Nonpoint, Mudvayne, Secret and Whisper, Saosin, System of a Down, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Senses Fail, Disciple, Falling Up, Underoath, 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Decyfer Down, Switchfoot, Relient K, Trivium, Linkin Park, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Pillar

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 6, 2010 11:09 PM

Mar 2008
You need more Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones and the The Beatles in your life.

But based on this list you like a lot of harder stuff so:

Blindside
Chiodos
Pierce the Veil

I'd post more but I doubt this thread will stay up for long.
Aug 6, 2010 11:13 PM
Jun 2010
Mr-Freeman said:
You need more Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones and the The Beatles in your life.

But based on this list you like a lot of harder stuff so:

Blindside
Chiodos
Pierce the Veil

I'd post more but I doubt this thread will stay up for long.

lol it's what ive been told but i dont like classic rock at all. post 1980s for me.... i've heard of chiodos and ill definitely check out the other 2 bands so thanks lol
Aug 7, 2010 3:48 AM

Jun 2008
Raised Fist
Blink 182
The Offspring
Disturbed
Aug 7, 2010 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
3 Doors Down
Atreyu
Zebrahead

You have a very good taste of music btw :D
NinthJakeAug 7, 2010 4:08 AM
Aug 7, 2010 10:52 AM
Mar 2010
Nana kitade.
Aug 7, 2010 11:45 AM

Jul 2010
flyleaf
hey monday
paramore
story of the year
KaWAii-NeKo_ChAnAug 7, 2010 12:15 PM
Aug 7, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
That list is quite shitty. Start with Slayer and Megadeth (two of the bands your listed bands really like to rip-off) and you2ll take your first step at listening to real music.

Recommended album: "God Hates Us All" by Slayer. Not their best album but would be a nice warm-up for you.
Aug 7, 2010 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
cakeisthesauce said:

lol it's what ive been told but i dont like classic rock at all. post 1980s for me....l

It's a shame you don't listen to post '80s songs, really...

Based on the bands you wrote there you should check out RED [similar with Breaking Benjamin], Since October,Skillet, Eyes set to Kill, Anathema, maybe Apocalyptica, Dream Theater, Nikki Six, Fear Factory also The Birthday Massacre.
Aug 7, 2010 1:42 PM
Jun 2010
CarnivalOfRust said:
cakeisthesauce said:

lol it's what ive been told but i dont like classic rock at all. post 1980s for me....l

Based on the bands you wrote there you should check out RED [similar with Breaking Benjamin], Since October,Skillet, Eyes set to Kill, Anathema, maybe Apocalyptica, Dream Theater, Nikki Six, Fear Factory also The Birthday Massacre.

u mean pre 80s? lol... all i listen to r post 80s

screambloodygore said:
That list is quite shitty. Start with Slayer and Megadeth (two of the bands your listed bands really like to rip-off) and you2ll take your first step at listening to real music.

Recommended album: "God Hates Us All" by Slayer. Not their best album but would be a nice warm-up for you.

uhhh no.... i've heard slayer... there r not for me. megadeath is just lame

KaWAii-NeKo_ChAn said:
flyleaf
hey monday
paramore
story of the year

excellent!!! 3 of those i've heard of and r quite good

Nerox89 said:
Raised Fist
Blink 182
The Offspring
Disturbed

the only 1 i wont listen to from this will be blink 182

NinthJake said:
3 Doors Down
Atreyu
Zebrahead

You have a very good taste of music btw :D

thanks!!! lol, although i dont quite like 3 doors down
Aug 7, 2010 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
Nickelback is literally the only rock band I like, so I'll recommend them.
Aug 7, 2010 2:01 PM
Jun 2010
Kipcha said:

used to like them... now i realize there r better bands out there lol
Aug 7, 2010 2:03 PM

Feb 2009
cakeisthesauce said:
Kipcha said:

Pssh, blasphamy. They come from Alberta (Their town is like, 20 minutes from where I live XD) so they will always have my support, haha.

Rock is really not my kind of thing though, so my exposure is rather limited.
Aug 7, 2010 2:07 PM
Jun 2010
Kipcha said:
cakeisthesauce said:
Kipcha said:

Pssh, blasphamy. They come from Alberta (Their town is like, 20 minutes from where I live XD) so they will always have my support, haha.

Rock is really not my kind of thing though, so my exposure is rather limited.

understandable i suppose lol and nickelback is still a pretty decent band, i dont think they're bad or anything lol
Aug 7, 2010 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
Hmmm, some quick throw outs that are in your general ballpark, along with an album to start on put in brackets beside it -

A Perfect Circle [Anything from Mer De Noms is a good start]
August Burns Red [Messengers / Thrill Seeker]
Boys Night Out [Try something from the album 'Trainwreck' first]
Circa Survive [On Letting Go]
Coheed and Cambria [In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3]
Dark Tranquility [Fiction / Projector]
Fugazi[I personally love the album 'Argument']
He Is Legend [Suck Out the Poison]
Mastodon [Crack the Skye / Leviathan]

Just a small section of my music list that might be to your liking, hope you find something you like.
Aug 7, 2010 2:14 PM
Jun 2010
EmP1ty said:
Hmmm, some quick throw outs that are in your general ballpark, along with an album to start on put in brackets beside it -

A Perfect Circle [Anything from Mer De Noms is a good start]
August Burns Red [Messengers / Thrill Seeker]
Boys Night Out [Try something from the album 'Trainwreck' first]
Coheed and Cambria [In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3]
Dark Tranquility [Fiction / Projector]
Fugazi[I personally love the album 'Argument']
He Is Legend [Suck Out the Poison]
Mastodon [Crack the Skye / Leviathan]

Just a small section of my music list that might be to your liking, hope you find something you like.

wheee!!! awesome!!! august burns red is definitely cool (didnt put that in my list but i do enjoy listening to them). thanks for ur assistance!!!!
Aug 7, 2010 2:17 PM

Mar 2008
EmP1ty said:

If you like Saosin you'll like these guys. Circa Survive lead singer used to sing for Saosin.
Aug 7, 2010 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Staind.
Aug 7, 2010 2:24 PM
Dec 2009
Avenged sevenfold
In flames
Disturbed

<3
Aug 7, 2010 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Evanescence :o
Aug 9, 2010 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Seconding Disturbed and Escape the Fate.

In this Moment
Aug 9, 2010 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
cakeisthesauce said:
alright so... i need more bands to listen to... based on my mildly long list can anyone recommend some more bands? -

As I Lay Dying, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Anberlin, All That Remains, Seventh Day Slumber, Alesana, Bullet for My Valentine, Korn, Slipknot, Nevertheless, Ivoryline, Hawk Nelson, Cartel, Thrice, Yellowcard, Sonata Arctica, Hawthorne Heights, Smashing Pumpkins, Sum 41, P.O.D., Nonpoint, Mudvayne, Secret and Whisper, Saosin, System of a Down, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Senses Fail, Disciple, Falling Up, Underoath, 3 Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Decyfer Down, Switchfoot, Relient K, Trivium, Linkin Park, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Pillar

f*ck me sideways, i know all of them excpet for the odd couple. Wow i love these types of threads. >gets excited< *i note some of these may be kinda tehcno/electro but yeah =3

1). Dot Dot Curve :) - Scrumdiddliumcious
2). Eyes Set To Kill - Give You My All
3). A Vain Attempt - I Can't Escape
4). Alive In Wild Paint - Cold Spell
5). Angels and Airwaves - The War
...ah you know, just look at my youtube favourites -

http://www.youtube.com/user/DreamingOfAHappyEnd#p/f/112/AHOG3YClA2w
Aug 9, 2010 8:31 AM
Jun 2009
Paramore

65DaysOfStatic
Aug 9, 2010 9:33 AM

Sep 2009
Apocalyptica!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 9, 2010 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
TheScurvyTurtle said:
What about some 80's hair metal?

You should definitely check out:
W.A.S.P
KISS
Quiet Riot
UFO
Scorpions
Crashdiet
Alice Cooper
Steel Panther (For the lol's) xD
Stone Gods
Gotthard
Rainbow
Airbourne
Bad Company
Masterplan
Judas Priest

Not sure if you'll like all of them judging from the bands you've already listed, they're more hard rock but check some of them out anyway :)

Just gotta post this fucking awesome W.A.S.P song....if you don't like this there's something wrong with you XD

Steel Panther <3
Aug 9, 2010 3:51 PM

Oct 2009

Skillet? And a lot of the other artists you listed don't express any real talent, just rehash old breakdowns and melodies over and over again. I did find a couple I liked (Saosin, TTN was their best album). This is an extremely unique album done by Treos here and was articulated by the amazing Casey Crescenzo.

Aug 9, 2010 3:57 PM
Apr 2009
definitely also gonna say Disturbed.... I don't really listen to rock, usually has to be heavier to pique my interest...
maybe also Veer Union?
Aug 9, 2010 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
Incubus
Lamb of God
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Papa Roach
The White Stripes
30 Seconds to Mars
Aug 9, 2010 7:31 PM
Aug 2010
Godsmack? Other than that, you listen to most of the bands I do =P
Aug 10, 2010 12:33 AM
Jun 2010
thanks for the awesome recommendations everyone.... oh and i discovered 3 other bands that were quite good:

Sonic Syndicate
Dead by April
Emery
Aug 10, 2010 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
Lots of good bands you already know.
Here's a few more to listen too. :D

Sick Puppies
A Day To Remember
Escape The Fate
Pierce The Veil
Asking Alexandria
Papa Roach
Before Their Eyes
Ice Nine Kills
Blessthefall
Eyes Set To Kill
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
Picture Me Broken
Egypt Central
Trapt
Evanescence
Adelitas Way
Silverstein
Red
Dear Whoever
Skindred
TRUSTcompany
I am Ghost
Abandon All Ships
Chevelle
Story Of The Year
Sleeping With Sirens
Shinedown
Hinder
Disturbed
Across Five Aprils
August Burns Red
Dead Poetic
Aug 10, 2010 9:10 AM

Jul 2007
CarnivalOfRust said:
cakeisthesauce said:

"I agree with the statement that, if Dream Theater were a Pokemon, they would be Ditto. That's because all Ditto does is copy other Pokemon and not make any original music, just like Dream Theater. All Dream Theater does is copy off of more talented bands. Shit, they even copy how to look like they're playing instruments--they don't really know how to play! Petrucci is like that lady from the movie Freaky Friday who has to play at a concert because she switched bodies with her daughter but doesn't know how to play the guitar, so she just pretends to act like a guy from this gay rock band. God, that movie was shit. In fact, I think the story was based on Dream Theater. Anyway, as I was saying, Dream Theater is totally Ditto. If you want proof, just look at the episode of Pokemon where they introduced Ditto--he was found in a THEATER run by a girl who had a DREAM. In fact, I think Ditto was based on Dream Theater. The creators of Pokemon were obviously trying to send a message there."

Love this quote.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Aug 10, 2010 6:35 PM
Jun 2010
Sin said:
CarnivalOfRust said:
cakeisthesauce said:

"I agree with the statement that, if Dream Theater were a Pokemon, they would be Ditto. That's because all Ditto does is copy other Pokemon and not make any original music, just like Dream Theater. All Dream Theater does is copy off of more talented bands. Shit, they even copy how to look like they're playing instruments--they don't really know how to play! Petrucci is like that lady from the movie Freaky Friday who has to play at a concert because she switched bodies with her daughter but doesn't know how to play the guitar, so she just pretends to act like a guy from this gay rock band. God, that movie was shit. In fact, I think the story was based on Dream Theater. Anyway, as I was saying, Dream Theater is totally Ditto. If you want proof, just look at the episode of Pokemon where they introduced Ditto--he was found in a THEATER run by a girl who had a DREAM. In fact, I think Ditto was based on Dream Theater. The creators of Pokemon were obviously trying to send a message there."

Love this quote.

interesting 0_o... ive heard dream theater, not a huge fan of them.... besides that i dont really agree with this quote. Pokemon does not blend well with rock music... i dont c it. Analogy aside, each band has their own unique sound. That's how u can hear a song u havent heard from a certain band and realize, hey that band is playing this song. i personally dont like old rock bands pre 1980s and if all the new rock were just dittos of them, then i wouldnt like new rock either. But, it isnt, they merely took the key rock elements and improved upon them, producing better sound with nicer guitar riffs, catchier solos, and all that other good stuff.
Aug 10, 2010 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
RUSH
Aug 10, 2010 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
Not a fan of your musical taste, personally. The only band I can think of that no one else has recommended to you is Mindless Self Indulgence. Maybe Drowning Pool.
Aug 11, 2010 6:36 AM

Jun 2007
http://www.planetrock.com/

Listen to that station for a few hours.
(Yeah they have Alice Cooper as a presenter)
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.