Forums
Poll: Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 19 Discussion

Aug 7, 2010 3:19 PM

Borrring. Worst episode yet.
Usui is like a shitty version of Ikuto.

Aug 7, 2010 6:03 PM
wow I really want to know whats up with Usuis background and stuff

Aug 7, 2010 6:23 PM

Why, hello there, character and plot development! Long time no see!

I actually enjoyed this episode because we had progression in Misaki and Usui's relationship. In other words, the plot moved forward! Also, although Usui is still perfect it was nice to see that he can still get majorly hurt from time to time. (Although, not a KWMS-only thing, but why do anime characters get fevers with every little thing? =/ )

I'm not a KWMS manga-reader, but I didn't feel the episode was rushed at all. The apartment scene, for example, was nice and all but the cheesiness level was through the roof and I don't know if I could have stood more than what they showed. It was a good amount - not too much, not too little. I don't need all the little details of Misaki's visit because what they showed in this episode was enough for it to do what it set out to do - to show us that the two are getting closer.

Also, I LOL'd when they got the number 49. What an unlucky number!

Usui ja nai!
Zura ja nai. Katsura da!
Modified by Aeterna, Aug 7, 2010 6:48 PM

Aug 8, 2010 12:27 AM

Ahhhhh~ so cute. Definitely one of the top episodes. I hope the next will be as good as the last two.

Reminded me why I enjoy KwMS!

Aug 8, 2010 4:30 PM
I agree with everyone.... they missed some of the best parts from the apartment, but still so good!!

When will Hinata come into it? And I wonder what direction the anime will go in and how it will end? Maybe with the fireworks scene? Or the birthday one??

Can't wait to find out but don't want it to end!!! XD

p.s.
icegenie said:

megane Usui FTW!! <3

OMG!!! YES!!! I love it <3

Aug 8, 2010 5:37 PM

The show is nothing exceptional but I can't say how much I'm enjoying it.

Aug 8, 2010 9:24 PM

49 unlucky? Weird... As for the last number? Who knows... Oh definitely the best part is when Yukimura asked Usui if he was he and Usui just said Watashi wa Usui ja nai XD Lol Usui can be really funny sometimes

Quite interesting chapter... Just when things were going smoothly... Misaki had to mess it up and put in danger the mission Save the Maid Latte... Happily it was accomplished, not before she pretty much killed the Perfect Image we have of Usui peps... So then the Outer Space Perverte Alien from Pheromones Planet can be actually hurt!!! XD And man he really got injures... Dunno how much in one arm, but that right wrist looked really bad... really swollen, like it could explode any time... At least he put it up the act and did perfectly his job... Misa helped... but Usui really did it awesomely well

Yep lots of stuff left out there... but who cares... at least this is moving on and it goes quite well... not perfect 'cause everyone would like to see this going a bit faster or in a different way, but looks like Misa is finally falling hard for Usui and Usui's love is just growing more and more each day that pass...

The San Baka... Well Kuro and Shiroyan, were hilarious... I love those guys.. and so was the dejected Yukimura... hahaha

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 9, 2010 12:05 PM

sallym613 said:
I actually kinda cringed a bit when they showed Usui with a bruise on his wrist >__<

Me too!
I enjoyed the episode, and I cracked up everytime Tora did his little snicker, hahaha XD Don't know why.

Too bad they didn't show some manga scenes though =( And now they're starting a filler? Why don't they show these extra scenes then?

Aug 9, 2010 2:15 PM

I loved the apartment part in the manga~

Aug 9, 2010 9:29 PM

Baronight said:
this episode were rushed....a lot of good scene in the manga were skip

and episode 20 preview? holy crap the anime decide to go different direction from manga...i do not recall this episode in any chapter from the manga

It was most definitely rushed, I agree with you completely. They even missed the part where she notices the scar on her chest, or how Usui actually knows the rich kids from his earlier past. I was so hoping to experience that atmosphere.

The manga for that particular episode is actually all extras. They're not part of the actual manga itself, but rather the side stories. They do exist though.

Atsume said:
And now they're starting a filler? Why don't they show these extra scenes then?

It isn't filler. It's just not part of the mainstream manga chapters. They're the extras part of it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Aug 10, 2010 11:44 AM

This is starting to become tiring and lame. Even my sympathy for Misa is not enough.
I am sick of seeing stupid scenes where Misa is falling with that stupid way in Usui's hands and all that shit.
Seriously every episode is full of nothing, very few things are actually funny and the way everything is presented is stupid. Idiotic rich boy antagonist, Usui always being lame with a combination of asshole, superman abilities and stupid "Misa you are my personal maid" shit.
Isn't anyone sick of seeing Misa blushing in those stupid scenes where Usui craps her or her hand or something like that. Those scenes look so lame and that slow motion way of looking each other in those scenes. God am sick of it.
Anyway the whole thing is starting to feel like is made only for 12 year old girls.

No fucking shit. Did you just notice?
Modified by Monad, Aug 11, 2010 3:13 AM

Aug 10, 2010 11:49 AM

Kuro4735 said:
I found this episode kind of boring. The humor with all the chibi characters is starting to get boring because it's in practically every single episode.

The second part, with Usui x Misaki, was much more enjoyable to watch. It's nice seeing how Misaki and Usui's relationship has progressed for the past 19 episodes.

same feeling :)
I adore usui's expression when he opened the door, I don't recall him ever being so surprised.
Anyway, I really want some major eps coming instead of ones like the next episode...
I'm very interested in learning about Usui's past.
ps. I also love misaki's last line "Dammit, I'm getting anoyed"
Usui's line "you really are perfect for me, ayuzawa" sooo bold, love it.
awww usui, continue winning over her, but quickly plz >.<
Don't wanna get get bored or annoyed with the show..
Modified by xxjanism, Aug 10, 2010 11:57 AM

Aug 11, 2010 2:47 AM

Oi Oi the last scene was pretty cute. Anyway I have to catch up with the manga now.

Aug 11, 2010 8:11 AM
Many things happened in this episode and it was rushed in a way it would have been better if it was a bit slower, the cafe isn't closing but if it did then there wouldn't be any Kaichou.

Aug 11, 2010 3:40 PM

I totally disagree.. the pacing was okay and that wasn't/isn't the problem here..
I like the fact that Misa isn't as weak as some other animu-girls but.. her over-blushing and still being so helpless gets on my nerves.
Usui's personality is.. ugh, i dunno how to describe it. messed up?! on one side, i really like him because he cares so much for Misa but i dislike him for being so overly cliche.. i mean, cmon, being rich, good @ everything and hot as hell.. well yeah, every girls dream but it doesn't really make him unique or anything..

However, i do enjoy this series (and also this episode) a lot - even though it is full of cliches it's still very enjoyable to watch.. it's just that they could have done so much better (both with the manga and the anime) :/
(i feel like i've written a similar comment before on one of the previous episodes already.. oh well)

Aug 11, 2010 6:12 PM

the last scene was cutest scene ever ..

Aug 12, 2010 10:04 AM

Monad said:
This is starting to become tiring and lame. Even my sympathy for Misa is not enough.
I am sick of seeing stupid scenes where Misa is falling with that stupid way in Usui's hands and all that shit.
Seriously every episode is full of nothing, very few things are actually funny and the way everything is presented is stupid. Idiotic rich boy antagonist, Usui always being lame with a combination of asshole, superman abilities and stupid "Misa you are my personal maid" shit.
Isn't anyone sick of seeing Misa blushing in those stupid scenes where Usui craps her or her hand or something like that. Those scenes look so lame and that slow motion way of looking each other in those scenes. God am sick of it.
Anyway the whole thing is starting to feel like is made only for 12 year old girls.

Totally agree with this. There has to be a chink in his perfection armor. It's one of the few reasons I'm still watching this, someone to get some mud on Usui and rub it on his face. But him getting injured here is a good start though.
Modified by belatkuro, Aug 12, 2010 10:09 AM

Aug 12, 2010 1:04 PM

Great episode...HEY I SEE THE CAT FROM THAT EPISODE.

Aug 13, 2010 3:04 AM

the last scene was so romantic

Misa should already admit that she loves Usui
I don't want to wait until the last episode

Aug 13, 2010 10:56 PM

so sweeeet
5/5

Aug 14, 2010 6:51 AM

Monad said:
This is starting to become tiring and lame. Even my sympathy for .

She was being sarcastic when she said that. And then what do you want her to do? Ignore Usui despite the fact that he jumped of a building just to get the picture where she's dressed as a maid and keep her secret? Or the fact that he helped her make their high school look good by promoting for every club? Or the fact that he helped her win back maid latte even though he has nothing to do with all this and he sprained his wrist just to protect her?

Yeah she should just ignore Usui.
Modified by Rebella, Aug 14, 2010 6:55 AM

Aug 14, 2010 11:52 PM

no idea how I'm still watching this..... so BORING. how are they NOT together by now? mr perfect with the thick headed bossy girl. same shit as special A, sigh.

Aug 15, 2010 7:06 AM

haha 20:38 could have been an epic H moment

Aug 16, 2010 7:43 PM

i just hope they dont go for the toradora style ending

Aug 19, 2010 10:22 AM

The last scene at Usui's apartement was so goddamn cute !!!

Misaki-cha~~~~n !!!

Aug 20, 2010 8:42 PM

I'm still pretty annoyed with Usui and Misaki but I'll forgive all the irks and annoyances I have with this series if Usui really turned out to be an alien. Ha.

Aug 21, 2010 3:54 AM

finally the footman audition is over x_x got somewhat bored

Aug 22, 2010 4:24 AM

Misa fails for pushing Usui back. Tss. If there'll be another season, I won't watch it, because Misa is taking long. Also, isn't it ironic that Usui got hurt by such a fall like this, but he's fine with jumping from a rooftop...?
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.

Aug 29, 2010 1:03 PM

Usui Je Nye! OMG i laughed so hard at that, Yukimura must really be dense ^^

Sep 11, 2010 4:10 AM

Too much sweet side of Misaki is quite annoying now,.

Some lines that I laugh hard
Misaki: Let's go! ~choke
Aoi: Hey, that moron trio is freaking me out more than usual =hehe
Usui: you're like a punk that gets pissed at people who make eye contact
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 11, 2010 4:13 AM

THJIS.
Monad said:

This ^.

Go, go, go, Hinata (?

Sep 12, 2010 1:19 AM

Usui is so cute in glasses.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Sep 13, 2010 7:31 PM

Why does misaki keep pushing him away danget.. /sigh -_-

Sep 18, 2010 10:17 AM

I actually really liked this episode, the pacing is perfect if you don't know about the stuff you missed in the manga (like me), and the lame cliches have reached the point of comedy. I don't know about anyone else, but I literally burst out laughing when Usui randomly pulled out that violin. It's shit like that which comes out of nowhere that makes this show pretty funny, in my opinion.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Sep 22, 2010 1:21 PM

Watashi wa Usui JE NYE desu.
Sooo epic.

Oct 8, 2010 2:44 PM

Shoujos...are such a drag.

But
Usui in glasses = sexy

Nov 5, 2010 12:14 PM

Oooh, great episode. :D The ending was especially cute. It was nice to see Usui being the one blushing for once~

And Caffe Latte is okay! Wewt. :)

Nov 7, 2010 6:48 AM

I haven't read the manga, so I can't say whether the episode was rushed or not and to how big of an extent they stick to the original. Although, what I can say is that I still enjoy Maid-sama! a lot, 19 eps into the anime.

Usui is basically what makes this series so good. His commitment and dedication to Misaki and how far he's able to go for her is really admirable. He stood there in pain, playing the violin, only so the plan of saving Maid Latte succeeds. In the end, it all went well.

The way they're delaying any bigger development between Misaki and Usui makes me look forward to every upcoming episode even more. There's not a lot of the anime left, so I'm still hoping for at least a romantic kiss or something! The ending scene at the apartment (how she unbuttoned his shirt, baww) really got me.

8+/10

Nov 27, 2010 4:42 PM

good ep...more development would be nice though

Mar 11, 2011 7:36 AM

I’m tired. It just drags, and drags out; it’s always the same dull thing with no progress or change whatsoever. I know shoujo are annoyingly slow but this is a pain.

All in all, lame and boring episode, as usual.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.

Apr 8, 2011 7:35 AM

Kyaa~! Usui with glasses again~! xD
Modified by chiquit0621, Apr 8, 2011 7:40 AM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jun 24, 2011 3:28 AM

Gosh, the second part reminded me a little bit too much of one Special A episode (as if these two anime weren't already so similar). It was cute, but it bugged me.

Usui saving the day once again, of course. I'm already used to thinking that it's impossible for Misaki to go wrong anywhere, because of his stalker-ish tendecies and superhuman abilities, so I always catch myself thinking "Nah, this looks bad, but it will be solved out, because Usui never fails" and it's making everything so predictable...

Jul 10, 2011 9:24 AM

Trapped said:
Watashi wa Usui JE NYE desu.
Sooo epic.

I lol'd so hard ))

Oct 13, 2011 9:29 PM

Usui excels at everything, it's crazy! xD The scene at the apartment was nice. Next episode looks weird, I don't like Aoi. :s

Nov 6, 2011 7:52 PM

"I'm amazed. To think you can kill the flavors of food that much." That was hilarious.
And the ending of this episode was adorable, I see were finally getting some progress between the two, even if it is just a little.

Feb 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Aww this episode was adorable :3

Mar 18, 2012 11:24 PM

... Seriously, I don't like this anime. But this has got to be one of the slightly humorous ones out there. I hate how just when it starts to get slightly serious, something always kills it. (and I mean the show.)
The background characters are more entertaining.
(And Usui. Can't forget him. Misaki is just annoying.)

Mar 19, 2012 8:33 PM

Why does Usui need glasses? He never wears them at school, unless he has contacts!

Aug 29, 2012 11:07 PM

I kinda wished the competition went on longer.

Sep 12, 2012 3:40 PM

Usui is too perfect! It isn't fair!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »