Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 16, 2010 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Dallas' misfortune really made my dad happy as he has some sort of grudge against them. I guess because of the whole "America's Team" thing which was years ago. He actually seems to dislike them more than the Colts, who happen to be in the same division as our favorite team. Weird..

Yeah, it's cool that the Saints won last year. To bad I missed the Superbowl last year.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 16, 2010 7:56 PM
May 2010
It's hard to like a team so arrogant like that, and the media hype they get just fuels the hate. It's understandable and I'm not really a fan at all. I like seeing teams with so much money to spend freely for the big names fail personally regardless of the sport.

And yea it was something that I'll never forget and a feeling that will never come again even if we manage to somehow repeat. Great shit.
Nov 19, 2010 10:27 AM

Nov 2010
Entendre said:
It's hard to like a team so arrogant like that, and the media hype they get just fuels the hate. It's understandable and I'm not really a fan at all. I like seeing teams with so much money to spend freely for the big names fail personally regardless of the sport.

And yea it was something that I'll never forget and a feeling that will never come again even if we manage to somehow repeat. Great shit.

I hate dallas almost as much as i hate the eagles. "America's team" lolol. I LOVE how year after year they're super bowl favorites even though they won their first playoff game in the past 10 years last year. Jerry jones is awful, i was laughing on the floor when they traded so much to get roy williams. I love watching him do his little dances in the owner's box, then see them get killed the rest of the game. good stuff.
Nov 21, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
Jets did it again winning in the last minute. As much as I hate the team, Mark Sanchez has been clutch.
Nov 21, 2010 1:25 PM

Mar 2009
So far I've been disappointed- I'm a Chargers fan. They keep playing poorly and losing. Luckily the AFC West is not that strong so they still have a chance. I just think they have lost too many games to make the playoffs. But we'll see...
Nov 21, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
SoFarGone said:
Jets did it again winning in the last minute. As much as I hate the team, Mark Sanchez has been clutch.

I still can't accept them as a legitimate Super Bowl team, they keep having these close games to crappy teams...

OK, fine they keep finding ways to win, however can they beat the Colts, Steelers, Patriots, or even the Ravens in the Playoffs???

I THINK NOT...
Nov 21, 2010 5:48 PM
May 2010
The Jets did it last year and they could do it again. I don't really like them but they are a legitimate contender. They were a score or so away from the Superbowl last year with a much improved team this year. Sanchez, who I didn't even think was very good at USC has improved so much this year. It helps to have Santonio Holmes and LT there to help him out and a good vet backup in Brunell. They're probably one of the 3 best teams in the league. Houston is a borderline playoff team offensively at least so it's not like that was a cakewalk of a game.

The Saints pretty much killed Seattle. Glad to see our offense back on track. Scored a TD on like 5 straight possessions at one point. Too bad Coach Payton didn't let Reggie Bush go tonight but he should be ready for Dallas Thursday. I hate playing on short rest and I really hope we avoid an upset. We really can't afford to slip up at this point with a soft stretch of the schedule. Going to be cheering for GB this week to take down Atlanta so we can get back within .5 a game of the division. The difference between winning the South and getting a wildcard is huge. We could go from being a possible #1 seed again to automatically 5th or 6th and playing on the road all playoffs long and I do NOT want to play in Green Bay/Chicago in January. 2006 proved we don't play well in the snow and cold.

Patriots have probably looked like the best team in the NFL so far this season if we had to pick a true #1. I would put the Jets up there with them and probably Baltimore (when the offense is on). I still don't like (never will) and don't believe in the Falcons. The Giants are smoke and mirrors. The defensive line covers for the soft secondary just like last years was. Philly looks pretty strong but they're not a top 3 team imo.
Nov 21, 2010 6:57 PM

Apr 2009
the texans have got to be the least disciplined team ever! they are such a tease. always slow coming out in the first half. decides to start coming back in the second half, only to find new ways to lose at the end everytime >:[

its tough being a texans fan!

on the other hand, im happy with what mike vick has done. i hope he can keep it up.

i agree that patriots are the best team in the nfl right now. despite lack of star power (save brady) belichic (cant spell) keeps this team winning. gotta respect that
Nov 21, 2010 8:49 PM

Nov 2010
RAGE, (Kind of like the rage when jerry reese drafted JPP) LOL ironic. I wish these guys could get their game checks taken away/reduced somehow. Oh well. QB dogkiller wins again.
Dec 1, 2010 5:46 PM
May 2010
Any Falcons or Packers fans in here? If so, Falcons are one lucky ass team. Packers fans, tell Aaron Rodgers to win a damn game that matters >:[. Saints could have used that win.

This weeks Pitt-Baltimore matchup should be good. I'm sure everyone is expecting a 13-10 game but watch them surprise us with a shootout like that Cleveland-Detroit game last year where they had like over 100 points combined. That would be a shocker.
Dec 1, 2010 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
that is going to be a fun game to watch. as well as NE v NYJ.
but my two games of the week is HOU v PHI and DAL v IND. if houston can win and the revitalized jason garrett led team could keep it going, its not crazy to see the texans end up tied on first :D
Dec 2, 2010 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
Kind of funny i hated on jason pierre-paul last week, and he gets 2 sacks and 2 FF this week :X. My jinx worked!
Dec 4, 2010 10:55 AM
May 2010
I'm terrified about this Saints-Bengals game. We can't afford to lose a game if we want a chance at passing up Atlanta for the division again. The weather is supposed to be mid 20's and snowing. It doesn't ever get like that here. And the '06 NFC Championship game proved we don't play well in the cold/snow.
Dec 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Pats destroyed the Bears defense. Patriots are the best team in football not the Falcons. With wins over top teams like Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts, and Bears. Packers are up next and if Aaron Rodgers is too hurt from the concussion then its another victory for the Pats.
Dec 12, 2010 6:10 PM
May 2010
SoFarGone said:
Pats destroyed the Bears defense. Patriots are the best team in football not the Falcons. With wins over top teams like Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts, and Bears. Packers are up next and if Aaron Rodgers is too hurt from the concussion then its another victory for the Pats.

Not much debate there. The Falcons aren't even the best team in their division imo. They got a break when Hartley missed a chip shot FG in OT. They beat Baltimore on a no call offensive pass interference. Tampa missed a chance on 4th and 1, and lost to them last minute last week.
Dec 12, 2010 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Entendre said:
SoFarGone said:

Not much debate there. The Falcons aren't even the best team in their division imo. They got a break when Hartley missed a chip shot FG in OT. They beat Baltimore on a no call offensive pass interference. Tampa missed a chance on 4th and 1, and lost to them last minute last week.

Yes, I agree with both statements...

I think this is quickly turning into a Patriots vs. Saints Super Bowl, there is no doubt in my mind that those are the best two teams.

However, since the NFL playoffs are so great, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

In the end it comes down to these scenarios:

AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Steelers
NFC Championship: Eagles vs. Saints (that's right, the Falcons won't even reach the conf. championship)

I'm rooting for ANYONE except the Patriots, I absolutely HATE Brady and that damn team...

BTW, one more thing:

MINNESOTA FAIL
--ALEX--Dec 12, 2010 6:33 PM
Dec 12, 2010 6:33 PM
Sep 2010
I think itll be the patriots and eagles in the super bowl, quiet a sad season for my bengals after how we did last year.
Dec 13, 2010 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
Ravens-Texans game was great.
Dec 13, 2010 11:18 PM

Apr 2009
Q.Q

the texans are really good at losing badly, then coming back epically, only to lose...

did i already say its tough to be a texans fan?

Q.Q
Dec 14, 2010 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
Entendre said:
Any Falcons or Packers fans in here? If so, Falcons are one lucky ass team. Packers fans, tell Aaron Rodgers to win a damn game that matters >:[. Saints could have used that win.

I think... Rodgers goal this year was just to beat Favre... after the shallacking last year.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Dec 14, 2010 8:50 AM

Aug 2007
Damn. I hope the Steelers lose the rest of their games.
Dec 14, 2010 11:02 AM
May 2010
Poor Houston. That team just can't seem to finish a game right. I think it's about time for Gary Kubiak to hit the road. Too much talent on the offensive side to not be above .500. The defense is terrible and they should focus free agency and the draft there but changes still need to happen. Andre Johnson is rotting away on a subpar team.
Dec 14, 2010 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Entendre said:
Poor Houston. That team just can't seem to finish a game right. I think it's about time for Gary Kubiak to hit the road. Too much talent on the offensive side to not be above .500. The defense is terrible and they should focus free agency and the draft there but changes still need to happen. Andre Johnson is rotting away on a subpar team.

its their secondary that is killing the team right now.
Dec 14, 2010 12:01 PM

Aug 2007
Special teams is what kills the Chargers.
Dec 15, 2010 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
I still hate the dumb NFL rule for penalizing players for celebrating.
Dec 16, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:

NFL equals No Fun League.
Dec 19, 2010 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
wow what a comeback by Vick and the Eagles. Brady and Vick are Co-MVPs.
Dec 19, 2010 1:33 PM
May 2010
Son of a....Good game Ravens. Saints had no answer for Ray Rice. Lance Moore with a sick TD catch though that will likely be the top play on Sportscenter. I bet Giants fans feel like shit right now. Why would you punt to DeSean when trying to run out the clock? Launch that one to the sideline, don't even give the kid a chance.
Dec 19, 2010 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
I seriously lol when I saw the score to the Eagles game. One second they were down 31-10, and the next I checked it was 31-24. I figured they would make a run, but come up short. I checked again, and the final score was 38-31. If Vick doesn't win MVP, they need to be smacked. :/

SoFarGone said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

NFL equals No Fun League.

I know. I was hoping they would get over the bs though. Instead it's getting worse. :/
Dec 19, 2010 4:50 PM
May 2010
It will end up with either Brady or Co-MVPs. Before todays game I would say Brady 100% but after that comeback, they should be sharing.
Dec 19, 2010 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
Entendre said:
It will end up with either Brady or Co-MVPs. Before todays game I would say Brady 100% but after that comeback, they should be sharing.

It's very possible that we have Co-MVPs...

But then again, Brady is WHITE and beloved by the NFL

Vick is BLACK and HATED by the NFL, so....
Dec 19, 2010 8:55 PM
May 2010
I don't think the NFL hates him right now. He'll likely get a share of the MVP. He's the most electrifying player in the game leading a winning team to probably homefield advantage in the playoffs. This won't come down to black or white.
Dec 19, 2010 11:13 PM

Aug 2009
Vick is 1st in pro bowl votes and Brady is 2nd so popularity won't be a problem for Vick.
Dec 19, 2010 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
1. Here we go again, chargers trying to make a run *facepalm*
2. The falcons are the scariest team in the nfc right now
3. Patriots are hands down the best run organization in the last decade
4. My mvp vote: vick for now but if brady wins I'll have no problem with it
5. Conference: Pats vs Jets (AFC) Philly vs Atlanta (NFC) winners: Pats and Philly
Dec 20, 2010 5:45 PM

Apr 2009
wouldnt that be a great superbowl matchup? brady vs vick. bellichich vs reid. thatll be a sick game!

but lets take it one game at a time. but for this week, despite how bad the texans are playing this year, with all the unluckiness or whatever, the texans never quit. they quit this week.

i cant believe im watching brett farve throwing the ball right now...
Dec 20, 2010 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Entendre said:

Can't be black and controversial, and expect to win the MVP outright. The NBA showed that with Kobe a few years back. He should have one or two more MVPs.

I always feel like the Co-mvp thing is a huge cop out. Just pick one. :/ If you didn't do it last year when Brett was playing out of his mind, why do it now?
Dec 20, 2010 9:17 PM
May 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
alexcampos said:
Entendre said:

Can't be black and controversial, and expect to win the MVP outright. The NBA showed that with Kobe a few years back. He should have one or two more MVPs.

I always feel like the Co-mvp thing is a huge cop out. Just pick one. :/ If you didn't do it last year when Brett was playing out of his mind, why do it now?

Because there was 2 other QBs playing better than Brett Favre last year. It's not like the Co-MVP happens often. The last time was like 6-7 years ago with McNair and Peyton and they both deserved it. Also Kobe should have at least split with Chris Paul in '08.
Dec 25, 2010 11:17 PM

Jan 2008
Entendre said:

Because there was 2 other QBs playing better than Brett Favre last year. It's not like the Co-MVP happens often. The last time was like 6-7 years ago with McNair and Peyton and they both deserved it. Also Kobe should have at least split with Chris Paul in '08.

Of course you would say that. The only player that deserved to be co-mvp with Kobe that year was KG. In fact, i'd say he might have deserved it slightly more.

He threw 33TDs to 7ints. Had one of his best years ever that season, at the age of 39/40. And had it not been for a fumble by Peterson against the Bears they would have hosted and won the NFC championship game. How do you not deserve the MVP with that kind of year(not counting the playoffs)?
Dec 25, 2010 11:47 PM
May 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
Entendre said:

Of course you would say that. The only player that deserved to be co-mvp with Kobe that year was KG. In fact, i'd say he might have deserved it slightly more.

He threw 33TDs to 7ints. Had one of his best years ever that season, at the age of 39/40. And had it not been for a fumble by Peterson against the Bears they would have hosted and won the NFC championship game. How do you not deserve the MVP with that kind of year(not counting the playoffs)?

Rightttt, they would have hosted and won a hypothetical game that didn't actually happen. Since they didn't, that's irrelevant. The Saints sat everyone against Carolina anyway once Minny lost. Otherwise they go 14-2 and the Vikings still would have been the 2 seed if they beat Chicago.

He didn't deserve the MVP because you have Peyton Manning having another great season plugging and playing WRs with a running game that finished dead last in yards. And you have Drew Brees leading a team that was supposed to not even compete for the South to a 13-0 start with the best offense in the league. He also set an NFL record for completion % (70.6) and had 34 tds to 11 ints. Meanwhile Minnesota was already a borderline contender with just Adrian Peterson alone. It was said all along that adding Favre made them a "contender".
Jan 4, 2011 8:59 AM

Aug 2007
Somebody should punch Alex Spanos for being such a retard for not firing Norv Turner.
Jan 4, 2011 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
I'm more shocked Marvin Lewis is reportedly RETURNING next year. He should have been fired.
Jan 5, 2011 4:35 PM
May 2010
Yea there are a few coaches who should have gotten the axe that surprisingly didn't. Norv Turner, Lewis, Kubiak, Sparano, Coughlin, Del Rio, Fisher (both him and Lewis should just find new jobs), Cable.

Saints lost both Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory for the playoffs when we desperately need a running game to survive in the playoffs. This team needs to draft a young back next year, and at least give Bush more than 5 carries. He had like 8 last week for like 80 yards in a game that didn't even matter. Let him get some real carries for once!
Jan 5, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Cable did get fired.
Jan 5, 2011 10:28 PM

Apr 2009
cable should not have gotten fired. his team overachieved
Jan 6, 2011 12:03 AM

Jun 2009
Cable did get the Raiders to a .500 record in I don't know how long, I don't think he deserved to be fired by any means.

As I Titans fan, I'm on the fence about Fisher. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job than him, since Bud Adams doesn't seem to want to sign players.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 8, 2011 5:22 PM

Jan 2008
So many so called "experts" are eating their words tonight. lol Marshawn Lynch's run was just awesome.
Jan 8, 2011 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
SEA DAT WE DAT! What an upset by the seahawks.
Jan 8, 2011 7:43 PM
May 2010
Lol I don't really have anything to say after that game. Pathetic tackling display today. Malcolm Jenkins being inactive really fucking hurt. Roman Harper is pathetic. Well..go anybody but Atlanta!
Jan 8, 2011 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Poor saints...oh well they wouldn't have beat my team if they made it to the Superbowl anyway. Let's go Pats! Brady=god of the gridiron.
Jan 8, 2011 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
Now that elimnates 1 of the 3 teams I didn't want to see win. Now all that's left is.....well, i'll save that for when they lose...... :|
GunbladewarriorJan 9, 2011 6:58 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.