Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2010 5:39 AM
Aug 2010
Hi, I'm a big basketball fan and I'm excited about the new NBA season that is coming up, the partial schedule was released yesterday. As NBA fans know the Heat landed LeBron James and are the favorites to win the championship, it seems most of the nationally televised games will feature them. Here are some of the Leagues big games.

Oct. 26 (opening night) (Heat at Celtics)
Oct. 29 (Magic at Heat)

Lebron returns to Cleveland December 2, 2010 (Heat at Cavaliers)

Christmas Dec. 25 (Heat at Lakers)
Christmas Dec. 25 (Celtics at Magic)
Christmas Dec. 25 (Bulls at Knicks)

Those are just some of the big match-ups that have been scheduled, the league will release the full NBA schedule on August 10, 2010.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2010 8:50 AM

Jun 2008
FUCK YEAH!!!

The Heat are going to dominate the NBA, anyone in our way will be cut down, this is by far the best team ever assembled to play in a basketball team.

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE OTHER 29 TEAMS :)
Aug 4, 2010 10:04 AM

Aug 2007
Shaq is coming to the Celtics.

HUH!?! Never thought I would ever see that one coming....

Aug 4, 2010 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
This is the year the Suns win, or just beat the Lakers and stop their three peat.

Aarana said:

As I read on ESPN: The Boston Dinosaurs.
Aug 4, 2010 12:37 PM

Jun 2008
OK, I'll make some predictions:

MVP (LeBron James)

Rookie of the Year (John Wall)

Defensive Player of the Year (Ron Artest)

NBA Finals (Heat 4 - Lakers 2)
Aug 4, 2010 4:18 PM

Aug 2007
Mr-Freeman said:
This is the year the Suns win, or just beat the Lakers and stop their three peat.

Aarana said:

As I read on ESPN: The Boston Dinosaurs.

They're paying him $H!T for money, seriously. They're giving him a "old timers" set salary or something of 1.35mil I think.

....You know, normally i would salivate over that amount, and here I am saying the pay is pathetic? blah!

Aug 4, 2010 4:26 PM

Mar 2008
Aarana said:
They're paying him $H!T for money, seriously. They're giving him a "old timers" set salary or something of 1.35mil I think.

....You know, normally i would salivate over that amount, and here I am saying the pay is pathetic? blah!

Think he'd take anything to get revenge against the Lakers.

Also. Am I the only one that would have preferred a Heats vs. Cavs Christmas game?
Aug 4, 2010 4:38 PM
Apr 2009
alexcampos said:
FUCK YEAH!!!

The Heat are going to dominate the NBA

Good to see a fellow South Floridian on MAL. :D

@ Mr-Freeman: Heat/Lakers x-mas games are the best! :P
Aug 4, 2010 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
Mr-Freeman said:

Also. Am I the only one that would have preferred a Heats vs. Cavs Christmas game?

Yes, I would've preferred Heat vs Cavs on Christmas also, but you gotta realize that the last thing the NBA wants to do is to have the city of Cleveland rioting on Christmas, things are bad enough there, the worse thing they could've done is make the city even more chaotic with LBJ's return on X-mas no less.
Aug 4, 2010 4:46 PM

Apr 2008
alexcampos said:

MVP (LeBron James)

wrong
maybe
wrong
maybe

MVP- Kobe, since his stats won't be deflated with the presence of 2 other starts
ROY- Blake Griffin
DPOY- Dwight Howard, no fucking contest
Finals- Blazers 4 Celtics 0. Lol.

Aug 4, 2010 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
alexcampos said:
Mr-Freeman said:

Yes, I would've preferred Heat vs Cavs on Christmas also, but you gotta realize that the last thing the NBA wants to do is to have the city of Cleveland rioting on Christmas, things are bad enough there, the worse thing they could've done is make the city even more chaotic with LBJ's return on X-mas no less.

The NBA could have done a split cam pay-per-view sorta thing. Where one camera is on the game and the other is in downtown Cleveland. I'd pay to see that.

MisterSaito said:

That acquisition of Wesley Matthews made them that much better, huh?
Aug 4, 2010 4:55 PM

Apr 2008
yeah, and Greg Oden will play all 82 games + postseason. sigh.

Oh, and that midseason trade for Chris Paul as well.

Aug 4, 2010 5:15 PM

Jun 2008
MisterSaito said:
alexcampos said:

MVP (LeBron James)

wrong
maybe
wrong
maybe

MVP- Kobe, since his stats won't be deflated with the presence of 2 other starts
ROY- Blake Griffin
DPOY- Dwight Howard, no fucking contest

OK, I actually forgot about Howard, so I'll change my DPOY pick with him.

I still think the MVP goes to LBJ, the Heat are going 72-10 (That's right I said it, and I'm not crazy)

and yes very LOL at your finals pick, the Heat will go 16-3 in the playoffs.
Aug 4, 2010 5:59 PM

Mar 2008
MisterSaito said:
yeah, and Greg Oden will play all 82 games + postseason. sigh.

Oh, and that midseason trade for Chris Paul as well.

Can they handle Paul's and Okafor's contracts?
Aug 5, 2010 5:38 AM
Aug 2010
Good to see people discussing NBA, I also saw an NFL thread in the GD forum also, it's just too bad that it's not as much as I expected.

THIS IS SPORTS, most the members here in MAL are male, right?

SHAME on any male out there that doesn't discuss sports, and if you live in the U.S don't ever show yourself in a bar or any other social place and try to get away without discussing sports, where I come from you better know what's going on in the world of sports.
Aug 5, 2010 5:44 AM

Aug 2007
I'm a girl and damn proud of it. So what if I like sports? Sure, I'm a huge football fan....but it's not season yet, so of course there won't be much talk ;) It mostly revolves around Sunday Football.

Aug 5, 2010 5:58 AM
Aug 2010
Aarana said:
I'm a girl and damn proud of it. So what if I like sports? Sure, I'm a huge football fan....but it's not season yet, so of course there won't be much talk ;) It mostly revolves around Sunday Football.

Good to see some female sports fans too, I'm just a little confused as to why the thread is not as long as I imagined, I've been around the forums and the GD seems to be a very "active" one, It doesn't really matter that the NBA season or NFL season has not started, sports is sports, and I'm also guessing that the majority of the members here are American, ESPN talks all year about the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NCAA, a discussion forum should be no exception.
Aug 5, 2010 12:30 PM
Apr 2009
ichigo03 said:
Good to see people discussing NBA, I also saw an NFL thread in the GD forum also, it's just too bad that it's not as much as I expected.

THIS IS SPORTS, most the members here in MAL are male, right?

SHAME on any male out there that doesn't discuss sports, and if you live in the U.S don't ever show yourself in a bar or any other social place and try to get away without discussing sports, where I come from you better know what's going on in the world of sports.

Calm down. What's so wrong about not liking sports? ^^'
You make it sound like it's a crime punishable by law.
Aug 5, 2010 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
As long as the Heat don't win this year I am fine.
Aug 5, 2010 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
burntlettuce said:

I have some bad news for you....

WADE, LeBRON, BOSH = UNSTOPPABLE
Aug 5, 2010 2:28 PM

Jun 2010
I only care about December 2. If youre from Miami then its cool, but any supposed fan that just hopped this year, get off the bandwagon please. Although youre just making me as a Laker fan feel better.
Aug 5, 2010 4:35 PM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:
burntlettuce said:

I have some bad news for you....

WADE, LeBRON, BOSH = UNSTOPPABLE

We shall see, who knows if people who are use to be the center of attention can work together well. Skill only goes so far, team chemistry is just an important.
Aug 5, 2010 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
SkyFade said:
I only care about December 2. If youre from Miami then its cool, but any supposed fan that just hopped this year, get off the bandwagon please. Although youre just making me as a Laker fan feel better.

I absolutely agree with you 100%, as a Miami resident, I don't want idiots from other part of the country suddenly becoming Heat "fans".

If you are NOT from South Florida, or you have not supported this team in the last 5-10 years, PLEASE get off the bandwagon.
--ALEX--Aug 5, 2010 5:30 PM
Aug 5, 2010 4:50 PM
Oct 2009
Alexcampos this time no more personal attack, let's talk about basketball. I just want to know why are you so confident in your Heat and have to act so cocky about it....

Chris Bosh has been overrated his entire career, getting good stats on a shitty doesn't really prove you are a good player, on top of that, he has never had success in the playoffs.

Lebron and Wade both have similar skill sets, they' re best at attacking the rim, and weakest at shooting. Celtics has shown from time to time as long as you pack the paint with big bodies Lebron and Wade will struggle. Now what makes you so confident that the Heat can beat Celtics in a 7 games series?

On top of that a very weak bench, if Lebron some how hurt his elbow again or even one of the 3 gets injured, that team won't go anywhere in the playoffs, just last year all three of them took time off due to injuries(Lebron with his elbow). They are not unstoppable.

In addition Heat still have a major problem in their front court, especially on the defensive end. A Bosh/Z front court will not stop Pau/Bynum/Odom, will not stop Howard, will not stop KG/Shaq/JO/

They haven't got the best record locked, they haven't been on a winning streak, they haven't even played one game. Now, tell me where does all that confidence come from? How are the Heat unstoppable when they still have so many flaws?
Aug 5, 2010 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
Free_Candy said:
Alexcampos this time no more personal attack, let's talk about basketball.

WHOA! who am I attacking???, I AM talking b-ball, and trust me unlike anime, I DEEPLY care about sports, at the end of the day, I would sell out anime in a heartbeat to watch MY team play.

Free_Candy said:

Lebron and Wade both have similar skill sets, they' re best at attacking the rim, and weakest at shooting. Celtics has shown from time to time as long as you pack the paint with big bodies Lebron and Wade will struggle. Now what makes you so confident that the Heat can beat Celtics in a 7 games series?

Dude srsly, have you not paid attention at who we've acquired:

Mike Miller, Eddie House, we still have Mario Chalmers.

You think these guys can't light up the scoreboard with their perimeter shooting???

Free_Candy said:

They haven't got the best record locked, they haven't been on a winning streak, they haven't even played one game. Now, tell me where does all that confidence come from? How are the Heat unstoppable when they still have so many flaws?

C'mon dude, REALLY, how can I NOT be confident, I don't need to explain how we have the best team on paper, I don't need to tell you how HUNGRY James is at winning a championship, I don't need to tell you the pressure these guys will be on to win, I don't need to tell you that Wade HAS ALREADY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP, I don't need to tell you that we have acquired a VERY GOOD bench with good role players, I don't need to tell you how OLD the Celtics are, I don't need to tell you that Kobe has been injured FAR MORE TIMES than LeBron.

That's where my confidence comes from, it's not just about a super-team, this is MY team, I would still be confident even if we DIDN'T have LeBron,

just like Laker fans are confident they can beat us,

just like Celtic fans are confident that THEY are still the best team in the East.

just like Magic fans are confident that they are still the best in Florida.
Aug 5, 2010 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:

MVP (LeBron James)

wat?!?! those predictions are all wrong. queen james can't win the mvp if he's gonna play with d-wade and chris bosh. mvp gonna be kevin durant cuz his team is crap and he's got them playing decent. Rookie of the year is gonna Blake Griffin cuz john wall is so busy dancing he's gonna get shot by gilbert arenas out of nowhere. and defensive player of the year is gonna be Dwight "the superman" Howard. i don't wanna get into the finals yet cuz that some unpredictable shit.
Aug 5, 2010 5:21 PM

Jan 2009
I still can't see Leborn playing well with Wade. He is use to commanding his team and he is use to being the center of attention. This whole Cleveland thing has showed how immature he really is, and I do hope he losses. I say that, but I do love me some D-wade so I wouldn't be to pissed if they won.
Aug 5, 2010 5:22 PM

Feb 2010
this is wat happens when fans get so full of themselves they're head's fill-up with so much pus that its on the brink of exploding. heat fans even if they're real fans are pissing off regular fans just from the sheer mentioning of the big 3. especially with all that "why do you hate what u don't understand" shit. WHY THE FUCK DO U THINK WE HATE. this has become even worst then the fakers fan epidemic. so bad everyone except the heat fans want the lakers to molest queen james. ok so alexcampos is being a dick now so what happens if the heat don't actually win the finals heck what if they got ousted out the first round by cleveland? the laughing stock of the NBA would be the heat and the many ppl who probably bet on the heat will kill themselves from the debt they've put themselves in. players aren't invincible lebron used the sore elbow excuse in the playoffs and they got spanked by boston. the season after Miami won the title d-wade got injured and the heat became the worst team in the league. u don't even need me to get started on chris "no D" bosh
Aug 5, 2010 5:35 PM
Apr 2009
@ burntlettuce:

The 2008 Olypmics gave us a glimpse of LeBron's ability to work with other top players to win a championship (though not as big as an NBA championship). If the Heat don't manage to come together well enough as a team to win this coming season, then I'm sure they can do it in the next season.
Aug 5, 2010 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
@checkdafool

Whoa dude, what's wrong with being a fan, at least we get to talk about something REAL instead of something FAKE *coughanimecough*.

This is a Sports discussion no one will agree with each other and you'll have some people who are straight up haters SUCH AS YOURSELF, and you'll have cocky idiots who think they know everything, SUCH AS MYSELF.
--ALEX--Aug 5, 2010 5:48 PM
Aug 5, 2010 5:53 PM
Oct 2009
alexcampos said:
Dude srsly, have you not paid attention at who we've acquired:

Mike Miller, Eddie House, we still have Mario Chalmers.

You think these guys can't light up the scoreboard with their perimeter shooting?

ummm...
Mike Miller: Check how many shoots per game Miller took last year on a team that didn't have scoring opinions. Now he is playing with 3 former first opinions...

Mario Chamlers: If you are a true Heat fan you should know how poorly he played last year, hes more of a liability you know...

Eddie House: Nobody will worry about a career 7 ppg guy lighting up the scoreboard. didn't light up scoreboard when he played with Celtics a team with far more scoring options.

how about you do some research before you drop names?

No, I don't think these guys will light up the scoreboard, I also don't think they will get more than 4 shoots a game. Are you asking Wade Bosh and Lebron to take less shoots for Mike Miller, Chalmers and Eddie House? Or are telling me team wouldn't love Miller, Chamlers, House to light up the scoreboard instead of the other 3?

After reading all that.
Okay so you are not actually a fan of basketball, just a fan blinded by homerisim...

Here i was expecting a debate on basketball. All the things you said are not really valid points. Every year we hear about Celtics getting old and Kobe getting hurt but they always come back stronger. Every year we hear about how much pressure its on Lebron and how players wanted to win, but they always failed. The stuff haven't occurred yet can't be used as arguments.

YOU can feel anything you want, but here let me drop some real knowledge for you.
that Heat team isn't that special, we have seen it in the past.

We can compare player by player
80 celtics
Bird>Bron
McHale>Wade
Parish> Bosh

80s Lakers
Magic>Bron
Karem>Wade
Worthy>Bosh

or accomplishment by accomplishment
90s Bulls Jordan+Pippen 6 titles > Lebron Wade Bosh 1
00s Lakers Kobe+Shaq 3 titles > Wade Lebron Bosh 1

So don't ever tell a basketball fan that's the best team ever on paper, or greatest team ever created it's insulting to the game.

No kids here, stop with your cocky bullshit and just let the game play, win some rings then back n talk...
Aug 5, 2010 6:14 PM

Jun 2008
@Free_Candy

No, I'm not a fan blinded by homerism, if I was a fan of any other team I would've still acknowledged the fact that the Heat have assembled an amazing team which is why Las Vegas has put them as the favorites to win the NBA Championship, and before you start saying that Vegas means nothing, you should remember that before they put the Heat as the Favs, they had the Lakers and Celtics 1 and 2, so it's not like they're being biased or anything.

You know in all honesty, I think you have misinterpreted the main thing I'm saying:

Obviously I'm a huge Heat fan, I have a lot of confidence in my team and I HOPE we can win the 2011 NBA title, at no point have I disrespected any team or any player, at no point have I said that this is the best team in the history of b-ball and they still haven't played a single game, I said they are the best team on paper THIS YEAR, not all time.

BTW, Mike Miller is a good veteran player who was the ROY in 2001 and the also the 6th man award winner in 2006, he is a key asset who was a good pick up for the Heat.
Aug 5, 2010 6:25 PM
Oct 2009
alexcampos said:
at no point have I disrespected any team or any player, at no point have I said that this is the best team in the history of b-ball and they still haven't played a single game, I said they are the best team on paper THIS YEAR, not all time.

alexcampos said:
FUCK YEAH!!!

The Heat are going to dominate the NBA, anyone in our way will be cut down, this is by far the best team ever assembled to play in a basketball team.

Aug 5, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
Free_Candy said:
alexcampos said:
at no point have I disrespected any team or any player, at no point have I said that this is the best team in the history of b-ball and they still haven't played a single game, I said they are the best team on paper THIS YEAR, not all time.

alexcampos said:
FUCK YEAH!!!

If you see the way I wrote that comment (explicit language, emoticons, bold letters) you should know I wasn't being serious, that was mostly hollering and goofing off, HOWEVER if I offended you with this comment......I'm sorry, I DO respect the NBA, the teams, and the players, sometimes my emotions get the best of me.
Aug 5, 2010 6:49 PM

May 2010
Free_Candy said:
alexcampos said:

YOU can feel anything you want, but here let me drop some real knowledge for you.
that Heat team isn't that special, we have seen it in the past.

We can compare player by player
80 celtics
Bird>Bron
McHale>Wade
Parish> Bosh

80s Lakers
Magic>Bron
Karem>Wade
Worthy>Bosh

So don't ever tell a basketball fan that's the best team ever on paper, or greatest team ever created it's insulting to the game.

No kids here, stop with your cocky bullshit and just let the game play, win some rings then back n talk...

You sound like you have passion for basketball but you are highly misinformed. When we look at the player by player analysis that you provided it is completely false. Are you on crack?

If these guys played a game the heat would rape them every time.

I mean are you fucking serious? Larry bird beat Lebron James? Lmfao not to mention D wade is almost as good.

With that said obviously I am a lakers fan and im praying that we will be able to stand up to Miami their stacked period. Sighhh if only we were able to snag Chris Paul. I liked Miami when shaq first went their but this was a bitch move and they might end up being the most dominating team in NBA history.
Aug 5, 2010 7:21 PM
Oct 2009
lalmvpkobe said:
You sound like you have passion for basketball but you are highly misinformed. When we look at the player by player analysis that you provided it is completely false. Are you on crack?

If these guys played a game the heat would rape them every time.

How so? Parish, Mchale Walton pack the paint, Lebron and Wade can't drive. the 80s Celtics had 6 all-stars playing in their prime years, Bird, McHale, Dennis Johnson, Parish, Danny Angie In a more competitive era, where you don't get foul calls every time you drive to the lane. You won't have Lebron and Wade just jumping over people, they would get knocked down hard every time they drive. No such thing as "all star" calls in the 80s

lalmvpkobe said:
I mean are you fucking serious? Larry bird beat Lebron James? Lmfao not to mention D wade is almost as good.

Search it up kid, youtube videos, search season stats. Larry Bird has more post moves, better shooter, better rebounder, the only thing Lebron has over Bird is athleticism. Plus Bird is proven a winner, competed in a more competitive era. Have you even seen him play in games? See where Bird ranks on the all time list and see where Lebron ranks, check the MVPs check the rings, numbers don't lie.

New generation fans are sure ignorant....watch some old tapes and you ll see....
Free_CandyAug 5, 2010 7:24 PM
Aug 5, 2010 7:43 PM

Jun 2008
I'd like to jump back into this discussion and say the following:

There will be a lot of pressure for the Heat this upcoming season, from the very first game (vs. the Celtics no less) we'll be tested.

Everywhere this team travels to, they will be booed and ridiculed for what they've done, this will probably be the most "exciting" season I can ever remember in NBA, as a Heat fan I am prepared to be hated on and called every name on the book.

Every loss the Heat have will be cheered upon, while every victory will be analyzed and mocked.

I look forward to keep discussing and challenging other fans to how this season plays out.
Aug 5, 2010 7:45 PM

Nov 2008
Free_Candy said:
How so? Parish, Mchale Walton pack the paint, Lebron and Wade can't drive. the 80s Celtics had 6 all-stars playing in their prime years, Bird, McHale, Dennis Johnson, Parish, Danny Angie In a more competitive era, where you don't get foul calls every time you drive to the lane. You won't have Lebron and Wade just jumping over people, they would get knocked down hard every time they drive. No such thing as "all star" calls in the 80s

Yeah, in an era where "bear hugging" your man and bashing each other around was considered acceptable...

See what I mean? Ridiculous, ain't it?
PizzaholicAug 5, 2010 7:52 PM
Aug 5, 2010 8:31 PM

Feb 2010
DrakeWants2Speak said:
Free_Candy said:

Yeah, in an era where "bear hugging" your man and bashing each other around was considered acceptable...

See what I mean? Ridiculous, ain't it?

LOL kurt rambis makes me laugh. and this is just so different from todays game touch fouls, illegal handchecking, if u take kevin garnett and his wide ass screens and put him in the this league during this time then he would just be considered a normal defensive player
checkdafoolAug 5, 2010 8:38 PM
Aug 5, 2010 9:43 PM
May 2008
Good Lord, alexcampos. I know you are excited and all, but wow... seems like the ultra-Heat fans on every Internet forum are the same. I mean, at least you aren't riding the Lakers and starting threads titled "Phil Jackson has never failed to win a threepeat after winning two in a row", I guess.

To be honest, I'm looking forward a great deal to this season. We should be talking about that. THIS season. Not seasons twenty years ago.

Personally, I'm wondering if my Wizards play-by-play guys will just go "murrmurff" and intentionally mumble Gilbert Arenas' name, instead of saying it. He's like a ghost on our promos. Idk, if John Will will win it... Blake Griffin is a rookie this year, too. It'll be interesting.

Aug 5, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
scherzo said:
Good Lord, alexcampos. I know you are excited and all, but wow... seems like the ultra-Heat fans on every Internet forum are the same.

What can I say, the moment James said he was coming to "South Beach", this instantly became a basketball city.

BTW, I'm pretty sure all of you guys saw the huge party the Heat threw for LBJ, guess who was at the arena celebrating his ass off.......That's right, yours truly ;)

Guess who was at the 2006 Championship parade, and guess who will be at Bicayne Blvd June 2011....
Aug 5, 2010 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
Obviously the Heat aren't the best team assembled ever... yet. They haven't played a game together yet. That doesn't mean that they won't have a shot at doing it, and that there isn't a reason to be very excited if you're a Heat fan. It's one thing to call out a deluded Heat fan's bullshit, it's a whole 'nother story trying to act like what Miami did over the off-season isn't significant and that they don't have the chance to do something special. They've got over 5 years to build on with some of the best players in the game to do it, only now just entering their primes.

Mike Miller is a fine piece, regardless of how many games he played last season, his TS and eFG from last season matched the best season of Ray Allan's career on a team where he had no other options, the looks he'll get this year are going to be ridiculously wide open. House is pretty worthless, but he's still able to score in bunches and change the flow of a game. Chalmers is trash as well, but he plays passing lanes well and his %ages are bound to go up from wide open looks as well, and it's not like they will ever be going to him to create plays.

Also, what does comparing Bird's accomplishments after he has retired to Lebron currently have to do with anything? Lebron is 25 years old and has won MVP twice, two more times than Bird did at his age (Bird was around 28 or so for his first). Bird didn't win a title until he was around 25 either. Miami's big 3 are 25, 26, and 28, all entering their primes, and have more than displayed their skill. With all due respect to Bird who was absolutely ridiculous in his day, comparing their achievements at this point is flat out silly.

Trash bosh all you want, but the fact remains he's going to be a 3rd option on the Heat and he's already shown to excel along side other stars at the olympics, when he doesn't have to expend and save all of his energy for offense because his team blows, he has much more left for defense, and that he's one of the best midrange shooters in the game (this is both evident from watching him, as well as statistically proven) where he'll be cleaning up all of this year off pick-n-pops.

The fact that the league isn't physical today isn't their fault either, they don't make the rules, you can't honestly say that a man of Lebron's size and strength would have been completely shut down if he had to play in a different era?
Aug 5, 2010 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
This is what MAXIMUM BUTTHURT looks like:

Stay classy Ohio. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 6, 2010 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
^Somehow, I feel that the LeBron talk won't go away all season long, every time he steps out into the court and doesn't deliver, he'll be put under intense scrutiny, I never imagined so many people would be this upset about him leaving Cleveland, and yes I realize that the whole TV thing was probably a BAD IDEA, but it has a lot to do with him joining Wade and Bosh, if he had gone to NY for example, I don't think people would've been as upset.
Aug 6, 2010 7:44 AM
Oct 2009
MEGATRON said:
Mike Miller is a fine piece, regardless of how many games he played last season, his TS and eFG from last season matched the best season of Ray Allan's career on a team where he had no other options, the looks he'll get this year are going to be ridiculously wide open.

How can Miller be compared to Allen? Seriously, what kind bullshit comparison is that? It's obvious the more you shoot the more you will miss. That comparison did not factor Allen gets covered way better than Miller either. Are you saying you rather have Mike Miller from last year than Ray Allen in his prime?

So according to your logic, someone who only took one shot, and scored must be the greatest shooter ever. He would have the highest TS and eFG cause he never missed. Do you also think Adam Morrison is a better ball handler than Kobe cause he has less turnovers per game?

Also, what does comparing Bird's accomplishments after he has retired to Lebron currently have to do with anything? Lebron is 25 years old and has won MVP twice, two more times than Bird did at his age (Bird was around 28 or so for his first). Bird didn't win a title until he was around 25 either. Miami's big 3 are 25, 26, and 28, all entering their primes, and have more than displayed their skill. With all due respect to Bird who was absolutely ridiculous in his day, comparing their achievements at this point is flat out silly.

Okay so you comparing Lebron and Bird by age but you don't mention
1-Lebron entered the league at 18 and Bird entered at 22?
2-Bird went to college and left a bigger legacy there than Lebron did in the NBA his entire career? (Bird's points ranked 5th in NCAA all time , where Lebron's rank in NBA points?)
3-Players who rely on athleticism don't last as long as those that don't? (see KG,VC,Tmac)

Why can't I compare the two with what i know? So is this your way of shielding Lebron from criticism, using what has yet to occurred as base for your arguments? Oh i can play that game too. Lebron blows out his ACL, can't jump anymore, without his speed, quickness and athleticism he's just a bigger better passer version of old Tmac, What MVP? What prime? What other skills?

So according to your logic, Kevin Durant who was the youngest player to lead the league in scoring at 21, will be the greatest scorer ever?
Tyreke Evans who put up identical stats as rookie Lebron(20.5.5) will be the next Lebron James?
After all both of them "are all entering their primes, and have more than displayed their skill."

, and that he's one of the best midrange shooters in the game (this is both evident from watching him, as well as statistically proven)

It's funny how with one player you can look at the stats with a microscope, but with another player you can totally blow it out of proportion. Please use stats to prove how is Chris Bosh a better midrange shooter than the following players:
Nash
Roy
Joe Johnson
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzik
Stephen Curry

Or is it going to be one of your "Mike Miller" stats?
Chris Bosh one of the best midrange shooters in the game,

Stats: During the 2nd quarter, after the first time out, he must wipe his sweat at least 3 times with a towel, then take 4 sips from the Gatorade. and for the next 5 minutes he becomes the best mid range shooter in the game.

lol come on man do you just post for the sake of arguing, or do you actually know what you are talking about?
Free_CandyAug 6, 2010 7:51 AM
Aug 6, 2010 7:54 AM
Aug 2010
This is great, I love the fact that so many people are discussing basketball so passionately, I think this will be a really great season.

@alexcampos

I like the love you're sharing for your team, after all I would be just as excited if my team had LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, but you probably shouldn't be so cocky, remember it won't look good if you're calling everyone out and your team doesn't deliver. Still, your confidence is better than some of the haters out there that WANT Miami to lose simply because they have the big 3, and they hate LeBron.

@free_candy

I agree with some of the arguments you've made, however; I think that basketball has evolved a lot more in today's game then back in the 80s, it's not fair to compare the both of them nor is it a valid argument to think that Celtics big 3 of the 80s is better than Miami's big 3, when they haven't played a single game.

@ the city of Cleveland

Let it go, for the sake of your sanity and what the rest of the country thinks about you guys, LeBron gave you 7 years, he couldn't win there. I don't think it was wrong of him to decide to play somewhere else, the TV special was a wrong move, but that doesn't mean you continue to be sour and not be able to move on, you guys are acting worse than a guy who continues to stalk and threaten his ex-girlfriend simply because he was dumped for someone else, oh and stop doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaqHKaKZApA&feature=related

Think about how crazy and idiotic you guys look like.
Aug 6, 2010 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
alexcampos said:
^Somehow, I feel that the LeBron talk won't go away all season long, every time he steps out into the court and doesn't deliver, he'll be put under intense scrutiny, I never imagined so many people would be this upset about him leaving Cleveland, and yes I realize that the whole TV thing was probably a BAD IDEA, but it has a lot to do with him joining Wade and Bosh, if he had gone to NY for example, I don't think people would've been as upset.

It's more of the fact that when he went to Cleveland he promised them a title, he didn't deliver and then he bailed. Not to mention he is being incredibly immature in this whole thing, not once has he thanked Cleveland for the past years, it's like he doesn't owe them anything ect...I agree Cleveland fans are being a tad ridiculous about this whole thing, but they do have a reason to be upset and Leborn isn't helping any.
Aug 6, 2010 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
ichigo03 said:

Let it go, for the sake of your sanity and what the rest of the country thinks about you guys, LeBron gave you 7 years, he couldn't win there. I don't think it was wrong of him to decide to play somewhere else, the TV special was a wrong move, but that doesn't mean you continue to be sour and not be able to move on, you guys are acting worse than a guy who continues to stalk and threaten his ex-girlfriend simply because he was dumped for someone else, oh and stop doing this:

Think about how crazy and idiotic you guys look like.

What? Why should a Cavs fan care what the rest of the country thinks? Besides, if it were just Cleveland that felt that way poll after poll wouldn't show how much LeBron's popularity has dropped since then. And stop with the "he gave them 7 years" as if he worked for free. This move makes him look like a crybaby who was too weak to get it done.

Guy comes to an Indians game with a LeBron Heat jersey on, but they look like idiots? LoL, right.
Aug 6, 2010 11:16 AM

Jan 2008
I doubt the Lakers will win christmas day. The only team they ever take seriously are the Celtics.

If Dwight's improves from his workouts with Hakeem Olajuwon, the Magic are the favorites in the East. If the Lakers don't win the championship I want Orlando to win it. After that it's pretty much anyone but Miami.

I am curious why everyone keeps calling Bosh a superstar. A guy who has been to the playoffs twice in his career with 3 playoff wins is a superstar? lol Overrated players ftw!
Aug 6, 2010 11:36 AM

Nov 2007
Free_Candy said:

How can Miller be compared to Allen? Seriously, what kind bullshit comparison is that? It's obvious the more you shoot the more you will miss. That comparison did not factor Allen gets covered way better than Miller either. Are you saying you rather have Mike Miller from last year than Ray Allen in his prime?

So according to your logic, someone who only took one shot, and scored must be the greatest shooter ever. He would have the highest TS and eFG cause he never missed. Do you also think Adam Morrison is a better ball handler than Kobe cause he has less turnovers per game?

I used Allen as a basis for comparison as it is pretty widely agreed he is one of the best shooters in the game. You yourself admitted Miller had no other options on the Wizards, who else on their roster would the other team bothered to guard? I'll admit to not really watching many Wizards games last year, because quite frankly, they were the Wizards, so I don't know how much attention he got, but he has been more than a spot up shooter in the past, both in Memphis and Orlando where he was more or less a second option for some of those years.

His shooting numbers haven't dipped at all over the years, in fact they've improved greatly since he's been taking on lesser roles, and he's now the 4th option on a team where opposing defenses are going to have to pack the paint to stand a chance. The comparison wasn't to look at them as similar players, but as shooters. Mike Miller's percentages from the floor last year were better than Ray Allen, a player widely renowned for his shooting ability, in his best shooting season.

If you want to talk about the quality of looks they had, then you can compare Mike Miller to whoever you'd like, but the fact is, he'll overwhelming come out on top as a shooter and he is going to feast next year so long as he's remotely healthy. On top of that he's a heady player who doesn't do dumb things, which is all Miami needs from him aside from spacing the floor with his well established jumper.

Free_Candy said:

Okay so you comparing Lebron and Bird by age but you don't mention
1-Lebron entered the league at 18 and Bird entered at 22?
2-Bird went to college and left a bigger legacy there than Lebron did in the NBA his entire career? (Bird's points ranked 5th in NCAA all time , where Lebron's rank in NBA points?)
3-Players who rely on athleticism don't last as long as those that don't? (see KG,VC,Tmac)

Why can't I compare the two with what i know? So is this your way of shielding Lebron from criticism, using what has yet to occurred as base for your arguments? Oh i can play that game too. Lebron blows out his ACL, can't jump anymore, without his speed, quickness and athleticism he's just a bigger better passer version of old Tmac, What MVP? What prime? What other skills?

So according to your logic, Kevin Durant who was the youngest player to lead the league in scoring at 21, will be the greatest scorer ever?
Tyreke Evans who put up identical stats as rookie Lebron(20.5.5) will be the next Lebron James?
After all both of them "are all entering their primes, and have more than displayed their skill."

I don't think Lebron minds his 2 nba mvp's over Bird's college legacy. Lebron is 25 years old, even going by the players you brought up for comparison as a worst case scenario he's got 5 years left, but he is also far stronger than any of others you mentioned, even after he loses some of that explosiveness, he'll still be a tank. KD could easily become one of the greatest scorers ever, yes, and it's quite obvious by both watching, as well as how the Kings performed last year overall that Reke is not the next Lebron, but he is still something to be excited about.

For the record Lebron is currently 116th all time, and even at a slowed pace, he'll crack top 30 in the next 3-4 years, coincidentally Larry Bird sits at 30th. There's a difference between looking at the projection of what Lebron will do, and a projection of Lebron being injured. The likelyness of the two are not identical. Lebron could very well be injured at any time, anybody can, but he is far more likely to sustain a high level of production over 5 years, maybe meshing with, or not meshing with a ridiculously talented supporting cast, which is only going to get better for the next few years as Miami becomes able to add more and more pieces (unless the new CBA screws them).

It's fine if you want to compare the two players skillsets, or even some statistical seasons where they were at comparable ages or years in the league, even if those wouldn't mean as much because of the difference in eras. It's nonsense to compare career totals and career achievements when one is almost 20 years retired and the other has the prime of his career awaiting him. It's like going, "Hey I had a Mercedes in the 90's, it lasted me 10 years and drove me to all of the important occasions in my life. I know you got a BMW a couple of years ago, but it didn't drive you home from your wedding like my Mercedes did for me. It hasn't driven you nearly as far either." There are comparisons that make sense, and ones that don't.

Free_Candy said:

It's funny how with one player you can look at the stats with a microscope, but with another player you can totally blow it out of proportion. Please use stats to prove how is Chris Bosh a better midrange shooter than the following players:
Nash
Roy
Joe Johnson
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzik
Stephen Curry

Or is it going to be one of your "Mike Miller" stats?
Chris Bosh one of the best midrange shooters in the game,

Stats: During the 2nd quarter, after the first time out, he must wipe his sweat at least 3 times with a towel, then take 4 sips from the Gatorade. and for the next 5 minutes he becomes the best mid range shooter in the game.

lol come on man do you just post for the sake of arguing, or do you actually know what you are talking about?

Bosh
10-15 feet -43.9% 16-23 feet - 43.0%
Dirk Nowitziki
10-15 feet-43.3% 16-23 feet - 46.0%
Nash
10-15 feet 55.8% 16-23 feet 46%
Roy
10-15 feet 46.7% 16-23 feet - 43.0%
Joe Johnson
10-15 feet-47.7% 16-23 feet - 40%
Kevin Durant
10-15 feet-47.1% 16-23 feet - 37%
Carmelo Anthony
10-15 feet 42.7% 16-23 feet - 40.0%
Paul Pierce
10-15 feet - 36.0% 16-23 feet - 38.0%
Deron Williams
10-15 feet - 32.8% 16-23 feet - 43.0%
Pau Gasol
10-15 feet 44.2% 16-23 feet 48.0%
Stephen Curry
10-15 feet - 38.9% 16-23 feet 44.0%

You can confirm yourself @ http://hoopdata.com/regstats.aspx

He quite easily is better than a few players on that list, comparable to some others, and flat out worse than some. Obviously he's no Dirk, nobody is, but he could very easily be compared to Gasol, who put up similar numbers shooting numbers in a similar role while he was still a grizz, and who's numbers spiked after playing in LA beside Kobe, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think that Bosh's %ages could spike as well while playing next to LBJ and Dwade in a similar fashion.

Bosh is money from midrange, obviously not the best of the best, but it is certainly not a stretch to place him in the category of top midrange shooters in the game.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.