Forums
New
Aug 3, 2010 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
I finally bought a 120GB model today, and got

Red Dead Redemption
Metal Gear Solid 4
Call of Duty World at War.

However I noticed other games like White Knight Chronicles, and God of War III. Any games I particularily should get? Any genre will work.^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2010 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
Well if you like Japanese games...
Valkyria Chronicles (Sort of like FF Tactics with a different gameplay mechanism)
Eternal Sonata (JRPG that I enjoyed)
Demon's Souls (Dark Western-type zelda-like RPG made by a JP studio - From Software)
Aug 3, 2010 1:39 AM

Aug 2009
Killzone2
InFamous
God Of War Trilogy
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 1&2

A man of few words.
Aug 3, 2010 1:46 AM

Nov 2008
Sempie said:

Call of Duty World at War
Sell it and use money to purchase something better.

Suggestions:
Demon souls (RPG)
Valkyria Chronicles (RPG with tactical gameplay? hard to describe.)
Bioshock & Bioshock 2 (Story driven, horror-esqe shooters.)
Bayonetta (Devil may cry destroyer.)
Ninja gaiden sigma 1 or 2 (Fast paced action game, insane in some modes.)
Mirrors edge (First person adventure/action game...has parkour elements in the mix.)
Littlebigplanet (The game that perfected the Super mario bros formula...probably one of the most creative games to date.)

Downlpadable titles:
Fat princess
Super stardust HD
Flow
Flower
Crash commando
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.
Aug 3, 2010 2:33 AM
Oct 2008
If you don't already have these games for the 360 definitly get them on the PS3 for the extras:
Eternal Sonata
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Exclusives:
Little Big Planet
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted 1 & 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank

I'm pretty sure there are demos for all of these except one on PSN so you can try before you buy it.
Aug 3, 2010 9:14 AM

Oct 2009
Resonance Of Fate
Eternal Sonata
Aug 3, 2010 9:17 AM

Dec 2009
What everyone else said. Especially Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet. Though I'd say the first is more like a 3D Advanced Wars than FFT.

You should skip White Knight Chronicles though. The story is horrendous and the main characters are badly designed. The only good part about WKC is the character creation and online, but most of the quests are the same as each other. You'll have fun with WKC for about 3-days to a week then get perhaps get bored.

Also add me on PSN Sempie, my PSN is the same as my forum username.
ZahlzeitAug 3, 2010 9:28 AM
Aug 3, 2010 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Mirror's Edge
LittleBigPlanet
Heavy Rain
Sonic Genesis Collection
Blazblue
3D Dot Game Heroes
Ninja Gaiden
Uncharted 2
Eternal Sonata
Eternal Fantasia

Downloadable:
Flower
Marvel vs Capcom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Jumping Flash
Death Spank
Retro8bitAug 3, 2010 11:07 AM
Aug 3, 2010 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
Blazblue Crisis Reversed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2010 10:04 PM

Mar 2010
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Those that haven't mentioned these don't really know much about ps3.
Aug 3, 2010 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
Retro8bit said:
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Mirror's Edge
LittleBigPlanet
Heavy Rain
Sonic Genesis Collection
Blazblue
3D Dot Game Heroes
Ninja Gaiden
Uncharted 2
Eternal Sonata
Eternal Fantasia

Downloadable:
Flower
Marvel vs Capcom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Jumping Flash
Death Spank

I'm pretty sure you mean Battle Fantasia, though that game is only available as download in US Store.
Aug 3, 2010 10:43 PM

Nov 2008
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Says the man who listed 2 titles that are at best mediocre....Lost planet 2 was way to short (beat it on hard in 2 - 3 hours and I was taking my time...to which then becomes a point grind fest that becomes old very quickly.) and Assassins creed 2 sure is better then one but becomes stale quite fast.
Not trying to hate man, just everyone likes different shit and has different opinions on shit.
thepapercutAug 3, 2010 10:48 PM
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.
Aug 3, 2010 11:04 PM
Oct 2008
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Maybe because everyone is mostly focused on exclusives or games with exclusive content?

If Sempie already owns a 360 or plays games on the PC then there is no point in recommending either of the two.

Plus, Lost Planet 2 isn't exactly on most peoples 'must recommend' list...
Aug 3, 2010 11:12 PM

Aug 2009
BioShock 1 or 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Battlefield Bad Company 1 or 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 1 or 2
Bayonetta
Aug 3, 2010 11:16 PM

Mar 2009
God of War III is the only reason for someone to have a PS3

And well, ofcourse, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 since it's an exclusively console game.

Then all that's left is to wait until Mortal Kombat 9 comes out
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 3, 2010 11:16 PM
Nov 2008
Disgaea 3.
Aug 3, 2010 11:23 PM

Dec 2009
Final Fantasy 13
Aug 3, 2010 11:37 PM

Mar 2010
thepapercut said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Says the man who listed 2 titles that are at best mediocre....Lost planet 2 was way to short (beat it on hard in 2 - 3 hours and I was taking my time...to which then becomes a point grind fest that becomes old very quickly.) and Assassins creed 2 sure is better then one but becomes stale quite fast.
Not trying to hate man, just everyone likes different shit and has different opinions on shit.
CapellaStar said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Maybe because everyone is mostly focused on exclusives or games with exclusive content?

If Sempie already owns a 360 or plays games on the PC then there is no point in recommending either of the two.

You people just have weak tastes. Sticking to anime type games and what not. Their gameplay and story is both boring, stale and watered down so much there isn't an inch of unique to them. Don't even get me started on the graphics.

With Assassins Creed you learn history and are treated to an open free world. Lost Planet 2 has awesome graphics and great diversity, no mission is played out the same unless you try very hard to do so. The customization is also great and the bosses themselves offer interest such as where they came from, what borned them, what their lesser forms were. Better yet, both of these games come with actual real time combat with plenty of choices to choose from when it comes to destroy a target and also how to reach said target. Now you can't say that about the majority of games listed above. I've played them all apart from a couple which I didn't play much of and do not apply to what I've said so far and as such I haven't recommended them. Those are Heavy Rain, Bioshock 1/2 and Killzone 2. Those games are worthy recommendations along with Red Dead and Bad Company.
Aug 4, 2010 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
u alrdy got a nice game
Red dead redemption
finish that first :D

well watever here u go
Demon Souls (even thou i dont have one :D)
ALL GOD OF WAR GAMES
FIFA 11 (if u like soccer)
and yeah FFXIII but u can wait for FFversusXIII if u want
Aug 4, 2010 12:44 AM
Oct 2008
Shifter-Rage said:
thepapercut said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

CapellaStar said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

You people just have weak tastes. Sticking to anime type games and what not. Their gameplay and story is both boring, stale and watered down so much there isn't an inch of unique to them. Don't even get me started on the graphics.

With Assassins Creed you learn history and are treated to an open free world. Lost Planet 2 has awesome graphics and great diversity, no mission is played out the same unless you try very hard to do so. The customization is also great and the bosses themselves offer interest such as where they came from, what borned them, what their lesser forms were. Better yet, both of these games come with actual real time combat with plenty of choices to choose from when it comes to destroy a target and also how to reach said target. Now you can't say that about the majority of games listed above. I've played them all apart from a couple which I didn't play much of and do not apply to what I've said so far and as such I haven't recommended them. Those are Heavy Rain, Bioshock 1/2 and Killzone 2. Those games are worthy recommendations along with Red Dead and Bad Company.

You must not have read my recommendations because majority of the games I recommended weren't even anime related and I was mostly sticking to PS3 exclusives that I've played. No idea how you could judge my tastes based on that but whatever. There's really no need to criticize anyone's tastes just because they don't align with yours.

But seriously, both of these games are on the 360, one is on the PC and another is going to be on the PC in the fall. One is rated highly, the other not so much. If Sempie has a 360, then I see no point in recommending it since for all I know they may already own it on the 360 or already be aware of it. That and I wouldn't recommend Assassin's Creed II because I haven't played it personally and because they may not have even completed or own the first one.

Plus, I don't like LP2 , I don't have to like it, and since I don't like it I don't have to recommend it. It's not my cup of tea, but if it is for you that's great.
Aug 4, 2010 1:55 AM
Jun 2006
get the multititles on xbox360 since 360 version is almost always superior. I only buy exclusives for my ps3, since that where it begins to shine ( somewhat )

oh yeah.. destruction 2.0 for the win! ( bad company 2 ) :)

Uncharted1&2 and infamous are really nice games btw.
Aug 4, 2010 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
Get the multi titles on ps3, since ps3 is almost always superior. I only buy exclusives for my 360, because it has l4d >>

Anyway, I enjoyed the bioshocks (if you don't already have them)
Arkham asylum (again)
Little big planet (not complete it but it's hilarious fun with others)
I can't really remember any others I reallly enjoyed.
Aug 4, 2010 2:42 AM

Dec 2007
Should definitely get Valkyria Chronicles. It's just everything you want from a RPG/tactics game.

If you like 2d fighting get Blazblue.

-Downloads-

If you have IRL friends to play with, get Trine. You'll have (atleast) a fun day full of laughter for around 10 $.

Me myself i love tower defense mods for WC3, so i got Savage Moon, a tower defence for PS3. Its kind of nice, but i rage everytime those shooter monsters appear and destroy my towers.
Aug 4, 2010 3:14 AM

Mar 2010
So what if they're on the 360?

The only two you mentioned on your list are Heavy Rain and Unchartered that may vary from what I stated. But the rest. Childish anime like graphics much? If you like spreadsheets that much, go back to the 80s.
Aug 4, 2010 3:29 AM
Jun 2006
BakaKawaii said:
Get the multi titles on ps3, since ps3 is almost always superior. I only buy exclusives for my 360, because it has l4d >>

Anyway, I enjoyed the bioshocks (if you don't already have them)
Arkham asylum (again)
Little big planet (not complete it but it's hilarious fun with others)
I can't really remember any others I reallly enjoyed.

Should read up abit on eurogamer or guru3d forums before posting such obvious fanboyism ;)

lbp is fun, especially with others! Create looks like a lbp ripoff so I'd rather wait for lbp2
Aug 4, 2010 3:29 AM
Nov 2008
Shifter-Rage said:

The only two you mentioned on your list are Heavy Rain and Unchartered that may vary from what I stated. But the rest. Childish anime like graphics much? If you like spreadsheets that much, go back to the 80s.

Haters gonna hate.

Need for Speed: SHIFT, Resonance of Fate, Mirror's Edge and Sonic Unleashed are all good on the PS3.

Valkyria Chronicles is still a must have, no matter what is said.
Aug 4, 2010 3:36 AM
Jun 2006
Onibokusu said:
Shifter-Rage said:

Haters gonna hate.

Need for Speed: SHIFT, Resonance of Fate, Mirror's Edge and Sonic Unleashed are all good on the PS3.

Valkyria Chronicles is still a must have, no matter what is said.

abit bad that valkyria chronicles 2 is psp :( wish it would have been on ps3...
Aug 4, 2010 9:01 AM

Mar 2008
Shifter-Rage said:

Jesus. Just shut up. You're entitled to your opinion as much as everyone else is to theirs.
Aug 4, 2010 10:03 AM
Oct 2008
Fui said:
Shifter-Rage said:

Jesus. Just shut up. You're entitled to your opinion as much as everyone else is to theirs.

Obviously in his mind he's the only one entitled to an opinion because heaven forbid you not mention Assassin's Creed II, Lost Planet 2, or games like it. Anything else is too childish because no gamer should enjoy or recommend any other kind of games that the OP may enjoy. Doing so means you know nothing about the PS3 and have no tastes in games.

Really, there is no point in reasoning with him.
Aug 4, 2010 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
as far as exclusives go..

Little Big Planet
God Of War Collection (if u didnt play 1 and 2)
God of War 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted 2
Wipeout HD
Demons Souls
inFamous
Super Stardust HD
Flower
Disgaea 3
Heavy Rain
3D Dot Game Heroes
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Killzone 2

And keep an eye out for:

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
inFamous 2
Socom 4
Twisted Metal
Journey
FF14 (if ur computer cant run it)
Disgaea 4
Aug 4, 2010 12:53 PM

Aug 2010
@GodHatesKags

dude u forgot METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF PATRIOTS :D

and yeah Uncharted 1 also =D
Aug 4, 2010 2:43 PM

Apr 2009
iWishTifaWasReal said:
@GodHatesKags

dude u forgot METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF PATRIOTS :D

he already owns it
Aug 4, 2010 2:54 PM

Mar 2009
Demon's souls
Aug 4, 2010 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
3D Dot Game Heroes
Disgaea 3
Little Big Planet
Modnation Racers
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Demon Souls
Aug 4, 2010 3:04 PM

Dec 2008
thepapercut said:
Sempie said:

Call of Duty World at War
Sell it and use money to purchase something better.

Nazi Zombies beg to differ.

CapellaStar said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Lost Planet 2
Assassins Creed 2

Yeah I already have a 360, and Lost Planet 1+2 on it. It's an alright game, I got it for 30 bucks, but it's nothing i'd pay more for the sake of enjoyment on the PS3 of it.

Onibokusu said:
Disgaea 3.

I'm getting that, Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous, Heavy Rain, and borrowing Uncharted 2 from a friend.

Is BlazBlue worth getting on the PS3? I have both Calamity Trigger, and Continuum Shift on the 360, and always wondered if some mechanics work better with the PS3 controller.

Zahlzeit said:
What everyone else said. Especially Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet. Though I'd say the first is more like a 3D Advanced Wars than FFT.

You should skip White Knight Chronicles though. The story is horrendous and the main characters are badly designed. The only good part about WKC is the character creation and online, but most of the quests are the same as each other. You'll have fun with WKC for about 3-days to a week then get perhaps get bored.

Also add me on PSN Sempie, my PSN is the same as my forum username.

By god those graphics looks shoddy, and is it really that cliche? I was hoping it would better by how regal the boxart, and review were for it. MGS4?
Aug 4, 2010 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
It's too bad. I'm sure the artist who designed the characters is still crying about what the 3D modellers did to the original art. Although the White Knight is pretty awesome.
Aug 4, 2010 3:23 PM

Apr 2009
yea WKC is a piece of shit,the online had potential but kept kicking itself in the dick. hopefully they drop plans for a sequel and work on Dark Cloud 3 already
Aug 4, 2010 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
Valkyria Chronicles is a must have, Yakuza 3 and Bayonetta are great too
Aug 4, 2010 4:28 PM

Dec 2009
Sempie said:
Is BlazBlue worth getting on the PS3? I have both Calamity Trigger, and Continuum Shift on the 360, and always wondered if some mechanics work better with the PS3 controller.
To be honest, you should only get the PS3 version if you want to play with friends that only have a PS3. They're exactly the same though in my opinion, the PS3 controller is better with fighting games than the Xbox controller.

Most BlazBlue tournaments use the PS3 version too so it's pretty much your call.
Aug 4, 2010 5:21 PM

Jul 2010
My recommendations:

Fallout 3 GotY (Western RPG, one of my favorite games of all time)
Super Street Fighter 4 (If you're into fighting games, anyway)
Bionic Commando (PSN title; superb retro feel, however a patch kind of ruined the game's retro-difficulty)
Uncharted 1 and 2 (I haven't played 2, but I've heard it's much better than 1, which I enjoyed immensely)
Bioshock 1 and 2 (Incredible narratives, and incredibly moody. Loved these games)
Final Fantasy XIII (Likely my favorite FF to date)
Braid (do yourself a favor and don't ask questions: buy it)

I tried to only list games I've played extensively and own, but there is a plethora of amazing titles for the PS3 these days.
Mune-samaAug 4, 2010 5:25 PM
Aug 4, 2010 11:11 PM
Jun 2006
should get fallout3 on the xbox, since its better there, the rest just get to whatever system you want/can. Although ff13 is better on the ps3.

oh and ninja gaiden sigma 2 isnt exclusive, its a remake of ninja gaiden 2 for the xbox with some added flavour and no blood :P
Aug 5, 2010 1:52 AM
May 2009
Demon's Souls

Supposedly the online service for the game is ending next year so you best get this game and enjoy it for what it is while you can.
Aug 5, 2010 4:04 PM

Sep 2009
ff13, god of war trilogy, darksiders and bayonetta.

i have darksiders on ps3 and bayonetta on xbox360, but i heard bayonetta has technical difficulties for ps3
Aug 5, 2010 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
Resistance: Fall of Man is my favorite ps3 exclusive title (geez, thats an old game now isn't it?), if you're into shooters at all, I'd highly recommend it. It's pretty cheap now too.
Aug 6, 2010 12:41 AM

Jul 2009
Heavenly sword : it's old like around 2008 gMes it's pretty good beat it and wanna replay it lols but that's a good game for ps3
Resident evil 5: interesting zombifiied game
Uncharted: love it top game. Should play it if had the chance ^^
Aug 6, 2010 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
SoulShreder said:
ff13, god of war trilogy, darksiders and bayonetta.

i have darksiders on ps3 and bayonetta on xbox360, but i heard bayonetta has technical difficulties for ps3

Not really, just when it first came out it had slightly slower loading times, and was slightly less sharp (and this is where the zomg 360 is bettah than ps3 comes in, a rushed port ftw) Either way, the patches fixed the loading speeds now.
But really, there's no real noticeable difference between 360 and ps3 graphics, unless you put them both together and stare intently at the screen, maybe a slightly slower loading speed here or there, but ps3 does usually get extras though: batman, star ocean, tales. etc. so it's all down to your preference, I like the ps3 controller, doesn't make so much noise when I throw it at the wall.

Resistance is pretty great for a release shooter though, I replayed it not too long ago and had quite a lot of fun.
And I still have to finish Demon's Souls :p
Aug 7, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2008
inFamous
LittleBig Planet
and FF13 definately.
Aug 8, 2010 4:49 AM

Jun 2010
got 2 must have for you:
Greed Corp (it's a fun and simple strategy to play with your friends)
Flower (a very beautiful game, probably one of it's kind)
Aug 8, 2010 5:30 AM
Dec 2009

Action Rpg! It's like Diablo and you have to have the internet to play it!
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Aug 8, 2010 6:47 AM

Apr 2010
Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 1 & 2, Final Fantasy XIII, God Of War III.
All are highly rated games. Basically try to get games where the ps3 was the primary console and not the one being thats ported to.

And do NOT get bayonetta on the ps3, they did a horrible job porting it to ps3. the average frame rate for bayonetta on the 360 is 60fps, on the ps3 its 30fps.
Epic fail by sega.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
9 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
10 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.