Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2010 11:23 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected all the good guys who died were revived (well except Snow, but that's a special case), Ginta & Danna returned to their world, and they all lived happily ever after. Ginta's parents reuniting was really cute too. Though I can honestly say that I didn't enjoy this anime-only ending. There's still a lot left unexplained, it was too dramatic for my taste, and there's also the mass revival. It made the character's deaths seem pointless. I should, at most, rate this a 6, but I really enjoyed the first half so I'll stick with a 7/10.

Here's hoping the manga has a better ending.
Edit: It is better. The manga ending only had a few minor differences and was a little rushed, but it contained a lot less pointless drama, and reminded me of past things I obviously forgot. I'll stop there since this is the anime discussion :P
MonochromeDec 15, 2011 5:23 PM
Sep 7, 2010 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
Why why everyone revived except phantom the writer is so mean T_T

but really MAR is an awesome anime i don't know what to say about it really i couldn't stop

watching ep after ep ^^

i didn't expect the ending to be like that but most anime's have happy ending XD

i'll give it 8 because the writer didn't revive phantom T_T i really enjoyed this anime

really awesome one ^^
Sep 23, 2010 4:56 PM

Jan 2008
Well, it copped out like I thought it would and gave us the Sailor Moon ending. A magic rock brings in everyone's souls, gives the main character their power, they show up naked, and the BBEG gets destroyed, and they all revive at the end. Granted they still had their memories, but still.

Overall, it should get more than a 6/10, even though there was a lot of campy scenes, but oh well.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
May 11, 2011 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
What the hell.... So they never got around to using an eighth stone???

What the hell is with Allvis and Phantom... where did all that hatred go from killing his comrads? They kept on saying they are in a war, but pretty much they are all just playing patty cake with one another.

From my point of view... a 6/10 is a blessing for this anime. Too many inconsistencies and plot holes to be anything better.
Jul 28, 2012 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
The series was great, the ending...

Anime: BAD!!!!!
Manga: AMAZING!

They fffffup to much the anime ending compared to manga one :/ They should do the ending in anime like it was in Manga =_=
Feb 5, 2013 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this series. I didn't think the ending was bad though. The manga ending was much better however.

I do think the ending was a bit rushed though. They never got to use the 8th stone and the orb was easily defeated. I was hoping for a more dramatic fight. I would probably rate it 7/10
Feb 15, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
I was actually enjoying the series until the end of the tournament, after that the episodes were jut meh at best.
Going to give this a generous 6/10.
Sep 15, 2013 3:22 AM

May 2012
Great ending for a great anime. The only thing I wished is it was 10-15 episodes longer, just to explain better the final part (eps. from 94/95 to 102 were a little "fast and furious" but good). The series created an enormous plot and a gigantic number of different happenings, and has the unique ability of managing a large group of main characters (7-8), plus a lot of side stories for the Chess pieces, the real world - MAR heaven linkings, etc.

8,5/10. Would have been a full 9/10 with 10 more episodes helping to make the last arc more dramatic and full of feelings, emotions, and bigger battles.
Sep 22, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
shouldve made the 8th magic stone ability the gatekeeper pierrot

travel back-n-forth....

anyways...overall it was interesting, though the fight got a bit repetitive

i feel sad for dorothy :(
Nov 11, 2013 2:15 PM
Oct 2013
I've just ended it, have to say that I took a hold on chap 94, and resumed it today and ended it straight forward, i wanted not to resume it, because I got tired of the plot, kind of childish and pointless but I did like so much chaps 95 til the end, people started to die in every chapter and it was amazing, a little rushy way to end it, but overall was really fine.
Mar 22, 2015 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this one and it was a pretty fun journey in MAR Heaven. Not the greatest shonen ever, but was worth the watch.

8/10
Mar 11, 2017 1:31 PM
Nov 2014
Anyone know where i can all Soundtracks/music from background in fight etc? I really enjoy it and want to get it please help ;s searched on Youtube and dont find anything ;s
Oct 7, 2017 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
just came back to this old anime. man how nostalgic i watched this shit every day in my national TV channel.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Nov 27, 2018 10:27 PM
Sep 2018
ending ruined the whole damn show for me. What a cop out jesus christ... the Dorothy ginta shit was so forced... his dad really came back? i mean it was cute but cmon. Lmao if the king is just our world's sin embodied wont they have to do all of this again in like 5 years? Except theres no wizard to protect MAR so MAR is essentially doomed because no ones gonna stop our world from being sinful. 5/10 is generous.
Jan 12, 2020 7:25 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
After so many years, looking back at the full anime...
And it's always good.
I really loved the fillers episodes they put on the anime, like more background and construction for the relations between characters.
Allan/Chaton, Dorothy love for Ginta (despite he is only 14 ... remember that !), our Jack too.
I feel like the manga was too rushed on the Phantom conclusion and others stuff.
Yeah, Marchen Awaken Romance is one of the few anime who is better than the original stuff : the manga.
Dec 20, 2020 3:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And now it's finished... Ginta beat the main opponent thanks to the soul of all his dead friends and now they're revived, it was nice to see a kiss between Ginta and Dorothy, she's so cute, and now everyone is living in a peaceful MÄR Heaven... even Ginta's father is back at home and Ginta got reunited with Koyuki/Snow... so much feels, even though overall it wasn't a masterpiece I think that it's still memorable though, especially for the characters, the fights/world-building part was quite basic but for the entertainment part it was just perfect, well I think I'm gonna miss this show. 7/10
Mar 3, 2021 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
okay, this is still gonna be a 6/10 for me, but i really did enjoy how it turned out better that i anticipated, is this possibly the best 6/10 anime i have ever rated 6?

damn shit went weird, and did the princess marry that cookknight boy? daaamn
Sonic X is basically an isekai

More topics from this board

Poll: » MÄR Episode 18 Discussion

Zinvy - Oct 20, 2010

2 by lucio54 »»
Jan 26, 4:54 PM

» Help: MÄR filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 24, 2023

1 by animedude1287 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:08 PM

Poll: » MÄR Episode 50 Discussion

Ashhk - Dec 10, 2020

1 by Tselet »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:32 AM

Poll: » MÄR Episode 98 Discussion

Monochrome - Jul 30, 2010

2 by Sainted_Corpse »»
May 30, 2023 1:42 PM

Poll: » MÄR Episode 52 Discussion

TMtrue - Feb 8, 2012

6 by ims-tokyo »»
May 14, 2023 10:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.