Aug 2008
Do not like it unless it is for halloween even then it really depends
Aug 16, 2008 1:53 PM

Jul 2008
kie_ said:
i hate it.
it looks silly.

I like how your avatar is a cosplay picture. xD

It depends for me, if the cosplay is good then I like it. But without bad cosplayers, we wouldn't know who was good.
Aug 16, 2008 2:06 PM
Apr 2008
I have no relative problem with cosplaying, but if you cosplay to anything that's not anime-related, like school, it just looks retarded.
Aug 16, 2008 2:37 PM
Jul 2008
I like seeing pictures of good cosplay. I wouldn't cosplay though just because everything should look exactly like how it is in the anime and be realistically wearable. I wouldn't want to wear something phony-looking and not look the part.
Aug 16, 2008 2:40 PM

Apr 2008
Some cosplays are really nice, some are so bad that they are funny, and some are just simple bad & scary.

But I hate cosplays were boys dress like girls. Scary o.O
Aug 16, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
I don't hate it.. just don't like it ¯o¯;;..

"See the prince on the rocking horse, his polished face looks cool,
I'm just gonna spill my guts on you."

- Deg
Aug 16, 2008 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's very very bad. Most American cosplayers are bad, bordering on painful.
Aug 16, 2008 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
Krs_Anime said:
Some cosplays are really nice, some are so bad that they are funny, and some are just simple bad & scary.

Yeah I like cosplay, but I hate it when guys dress up as girls....its just wrong! And might I add I HATE MAN FAYE!!!
Aug 16, 2008 3:55 PM

Aug 2008
I like cosplay because some people put a lot of time, detail and love into their costumes. Some people may put them down for not looking exactly like the character physically but I admire the costumes themselves at the least. I can hardly sew. xD
SaiyuraAug 16, 2008 4:40 PM
Aug 16, 2008 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
I think it really depends on if they can pull it off correctly or not. If they can pull it off, I don't mind at all and actually support it. Anyway, I at least think that people who cosplay try to put in a good amount of effort so that is at least worthy of praise. =P
Aug 16, 2008 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
Krs_Anime said:

Really? I think traps are awesome... I'm all for gender-bending. I don't get why people think it's wrong, except that I suspect it has links to why people think being gay is wrong... knee-jerk reactions. =P

Of course, there's a few who do it just to be gross, in which case it's really just another case of poorly-done cosplay.

I like good cosplay, but I suck at sewing and I don't have the patience to do it well.
Aug 16, 2008 4:27 PM

Jul 2008
Alberto said:
I hate it. It represents a bad impression in the Anime community or what Anime is.
Aug 16, 2008 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
Alberto said:
I hate it. It represents a bad impression in the Anime community or what Anime is.

Agreed, although I don't mind some of the good cosplays done by the Japanese because they seem to be able to do it so much better.
Aug 16, 2008 6:01 PM
Aug 2008
i've never done cosplay before and i've never been to one of those conventions or w/e, but i've seen some cosplayers around and i thought it was pretty cool....it has to be done right though
Aug 16, 2008 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
Cosplay is good as long as you do it right. First lots of cosplayers where cheap clothes that make the dress up ridiculous. Second they were bad make up and wigs that is also wrong(except if it is a real good wig) because it looks fake. You have to paint your hair and make them like the character you are doing and third if you don't look like the character you want to do then Don't do it!!! I would like to dress like a lot of characters but i don't look like them so i don't do it because i know i'll be ridiculous.

Here is an example of good cosplay.

And this is what you must try to avoid.
MonadAug 16, 2008 8:49 PM
Aug 16, 2008 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
Must me done ACCEPTIONALLY well 4 me to like it,

Aug 16, 2008 10:07 PM
Apr 2008
I don't care about it. And I would never cosplay. Enough? I have no interest in it at any possible way.
Aug 16, 2008 10:11 PM
Mar 2008
DO like.
Aug 17, 2008 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
..half-way?^^
Some cosplayers are really goOd!...well sOme are not so...
Aug 17, 2008 2:53 AM

Jun 2008
I love it, but not the half-assed ones, I like the ones that actually look like the character they represent.
Aug 17, 2008 7:43 AM

May 2008
I`m amazed by the bravery
of cosplayers...

I couldn`t ever do it...
Aug 17, 2008 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
I thinks it makes people look stupid. They'll never look anything like what they're dressed up like.

Though I think it's appropriate on Halloween.
Aug 18, 2008 10:51 PM

Apr 2008
If they portray the character well, then it's fine.

Aug 20, 2008 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
Yes but i wouldn't do it myself.

Aug 20, 2008 1:02 PM

Dec 2007
I don't really have anything against it, there are some pretty bad ones though. Personally I probably wouldn't do it myself but I've never been to a con and if I feel left out since I'm not cosplaying than I might do so eventually.

#NBHNC
Aug 20, 2008 1:04 PM

Apr 2008
I wouldn't do it myself, and to be honest I think it looks silly, but I'm not really bothered by it.
Aug 20, 2008 1:10 PM

May 2008
Depends on how it's done, if it's a really, REALLY bad cosplay I sight, If it is a really, REALLY good cosplay I scream xD
Aug 20, 2008 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
I like it very much, but only if it's a good cosplay :P
Aug 20, 2008 1:54 PM

Jul 2007
I like it. Granted I think there are idiots who shouldn't be doing it and there are obsessive nuts. But I think it's cool.

Aug 20, 2008 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
Well for me, it depends on the person whose doing it.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 7, 2008 4:15 AM

Aug 2008
dislike

Sep 30, 2008 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
GoTF said:
I love good cosplay.

I despise crappy cosplay.

I'm indifferent towards average cosplay.

haha good one

Sep 30, 2008 3:27 AM

Apr 2008
I have heard Rumors of a very Fate Shana cosplay from a friend, and that right there turns me off of Cosplay alltogether......
Sep 30, 2008 3:31 AM

May 2008
I don't see why we can't take anime fashion and let it influence our own.
Anime fashion itself comes from our own fashion after all.

You know how fashion designers make clothing? They draw designs for what they want first.
Personally I see inspiration for the sorts of clothes I'd like to wear by watching anime all the time.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 30, 2008 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
Ive never tried, It seems really fun being able to dress up as your favorite characters but Id rather sit at home and watch anime on the computer.
Sep 30, 2008 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
I like it. I'm not so sure about how it is in the west, but it works well in Japan. There's this cosplay/adult store, I think it's off Chuo dori in Akihabara which is about 7 stories high, and they have loads of photos of people in various cosplay costumes lining the stairs of every floor. Pure win.

Or you could just walk down Takeshita dori in Harajuku. I always carry a roll of TP when I shop there to wipe up my nosebleeds :p

Mandarake in Fukuoka has a monthly cosplay competition, and they're usually pretty good.

Sep 30, 2008 11:46 AM

May 2008
bubblehead said:

Really? I think traps are awesome... I'm all for gender-bending. I don't get why people think it's wrong, except that I suspect it has links to why people think being gay is wrong... knee-jerk reactions. =P

I like you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 1, 2008 4:46 AM

May 2008
Never done it, but I plan to give it a shot one day, it looks fun, I wouldn't dislike it.
Oct 1, 2008 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
astronomical said:
It really depends on how it's done.
Oct 1, 2008 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
YamiAtem said:
Never done it, but I plan to give it a shot one day, it looks fun, I wouldn't dislike it.
Oct 1, 2008 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
I've really only just started, so it should be good, I did it in january and made sure to stay in character.

^^
"It would be biased not too"
Me

"what do you mean we're out of toner?"
Random Office Worker

"Hey! arent you that bearded guy from TV?"
Random Chav
Oct 1, 2008 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
I like it...but It's best when people do it right! people in japan is the best cosplayers I think...some of them are really amazing!
Oct 1, 2008 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
I love it and I have cosplayed myself a couple of times. Right now I'm in the progress of making a FMA-military uniform for my Roy Mustang-Cosplay in a couple of months.

"One day, we'll set out to sea! And live our lives the way we want!!" - Ace to Luffy, both chasers of dreams
Oct 1, 2008 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
I dont cosplay myself but i love to se good cosplayers that have put mutch work in to it. Hate the bad ones though XD
Oct 1, 2008 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
i love cosplay and would like to do it.
the thing that annoys me with cosplay is people cosplaying charaters badly or who they aren't really suited for

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Oct 1, 2008 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
I like cosplays. ^^
I did one. I did a Lucia's cosplays. *-*
Lucia Nanami, Karin Hanazono, Kirari Tsukishima, Mikan Sakura, Ichigo Momomiya and Usagi Tsukino forever and ever <3
Oct 1, 2008 1:39 PM

Apr 2007
If you plan to cosplay, for all that good and right in world, DO IT RIGHT. Put every effort into it and don't put whatever series it is to shame because of it.

I've seen some bad cosplays when going to cons. Fat Haurhi's, anorexic looking Heero Yuy's, and butchered looking clothes are NOT cute.

Oct 1, 2008 5:13 PM

Dec 2007
I like it and I do it.

Unfortunately there are a couple of bad things on how cosplay works in my country:
#1 There are like... 4 events a year. In the WHOLE country. They are all organized by the same groups, everybody already knows each other and, basically, if you don't belong to the "omg national internet anime community" people won't even look at you even if you wear the best suit in contest;
#2 People don't bother doing their own suits. And prize givers don't bother if the suit is self-made or even complete. The person with more charisma usually wins (even though I've met quite some good winners);
#3 People don't even think it is possible or needed to prepare the character. When I was dressing up for my Death Note's Yagami Light cosplay I complained how hard it was to prepare voice and acting to be such a boring guy everybody looked at me like I was alien because... They are just themselves wearing anime suits. For me that does not make sense, if you are a character it's not only in the outside but in the inside as well. Sometimes I really feel all my preparation for overall acting is wasted;
#4 Skits consist in girls cosplaying boys kissing. I plan skits. I like to plan skits and direct people in them even when I don't participate. I feel it's a waste of time.

And NOTICE I never participate in the contest itself. I belong to an exclusive female group (because cosplaying in group is funnier) and, if god allows us which I strongly doubt, our first participation in contest EVER will be in October or something... Tokyo Mew Mew, btw, I'll be Zakuro.

p.s. I only wear wigs if the character's hair is shorter than mine. Which means I'll straighten my hair and die it purple to cosplay Zakuro. This is just one of the little sacrifices you have to make in order to make a good cosplay which, in our case around here, is totally unworthy because they only value how many girls you kissed during the day.

[/rant]

Also, I like cosplay for a variety of reasons:
#1 I like sewing and things related with clothing (now I'm doing a cape for an add-on on Princess Serenity's dress, it will most likely be finished next year, squee)
#2 I like working with our designer to make the most exact suits as possible based on a model
#3 I like acting and directing acting. Cosplay is the only oportunity I have to act from 11 am to 7 pm and do things that usually you don't see in plays, like eating or going to the toilet (now this was hard when I was Light... =.=) or even interacting with people that you've never met before.

I also hate idiot Narutards, idiot lolitas, idiot girls in yukatas in the middle of winter at an open space and other idiots that are endogenous (I really hope those kinds don't exist anywhere else). Those don't really represent the spirit of cosplaying ^^
ladyxzeusOct 1, 2008 5:24 PM
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 1, 2008 6:07 PM

Jun 2008
I love it. I would love to do it.

I think it's just great to get into a character you like. For a moment, you can be someone else if I can say... However, I never went to Anime conventions or such, so I never had the chance to cosplay, but if I could, I would do it without hesitation!

Oh, and I'm learning how to sew, so I could make my own costume in the near future!

Cosplay is for fun...
Oct 1, 2008 6:12 PM

Sep 2008
Since we're going for an accurate representation here, we might as well ask everyone whether or not they like anime.

Dude seriously this just like going to Nintendo forum and asking everyone whether or not they like Nintendo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 15 seconds ago

0 by ame »»
15 seconds ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

77 by ame »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.