Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 29, 2010 10:26 PM

Am i the only one who thinks Strike witches is an Awesome show?
~State your opinion here~

Jul 29, 2010 10:29 PM

Moved to series discussion.

And no, it doesn't. The lack of pants was really stupid and detracted a lot from an otherwise mediocre to decent story.

Jul 29, 2010 10:40 PM

To me at first it was distracting the first couple episodes

but i soon realized it had no meaning, I liked it cause it was different from what I'd usually see.

Aug 13, 2010 3:51 AM

@ Topic
Why yes sir, yes it does. Now then, GIVE ME MOAR PANTSU!!!!

Jan 27, 2011 10:24 PM

can they at least wear skirts or short shorts or somthing no pants is crazzy

Feb 14, 2011 3:25 PM

I agree. PUT SOME PANTS ON, JESUS.

Otherwise, I was surprised by the depth in characterization in a show I'd previously passed off as pedo lolicon bait.
〜 ☆ 〜
Who are those little girls in pain, just trapped in a castle in the dark side of the moon?
Twelve of them shining brightly in vain, like flowers that blossom just once in years.
They're dancing in the shadow like whispers of love, dreaming of a place where they're free as doves.
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage; it's only the fairy tale they believe.
〜 ☆ 〜

Apr 4, 2011 12:49 AM
Be grateful that the grandma wears pants.

Oct 22, 2011 2:45 PM
this show is the greatest thing known to mankind

Mar 6, 2012 2:34 PM

agent87 said:
this show is the greatest thing known to mankind

i agree absolutely stellar anime everything is great only if it had better enemies.

Aug 12, 2012 10:26 PM
Mmmm loli legs and feet and sometimes nakedness!!! Can't go wrong!

Feb 4, 2016 10:28 PM

I liked it but I hate the whole leg plane things.

Feb 27, 2016 11:19 AM
Strike Witches is just Hikikomori-Pandering

Jun 18, 2016 4:45 AM

It doesn't make it worse.

Aug 11, 2016 10:11 PM
Asako said:
And no, it doesn't. The lack of pants was really stupid and detracted a lot from an otherwise mediocre to decent story.

I know I'm replying to a years old post, but still I have to mention that this poster is utterly incorrect. The story was mediocre to poor, the things that made this show great were the interactions between the characters and the flying pantsu. Honestly, I wouldn't have even bothered picking this show up if not for the panties. More anime should be like this.

Jan 23, 2017 1:27 PM

O wait so none of them wear any pants/skirts? Why...?

Apr 30, 2017 7:54 AM
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
O wait so none of them wear any pants/skirts? Why...?

...Why is this even a question? :P
Because panty shots are easier when there's nothing covering them. No other reason, this show is all about the flying pantsu and is not ashamed of it.

Apr 19, 10:58 PM
I've only watched the first two episodes so far, and the only possible justification I've been able to figure out for no long pants would be needing skin-to-propeller-leggings contact.

But that wouldn't prevent knee length breeches.

That said, a part of me does enjoy the view, but another part of me is unhappy with it being a deliberate pandering to such an interest with no true attempt at providing in-story justification other than "it's just how everyone is dressing at that age"; I actually like plot (storyline) with my "plot", as it were.

Dakka + technomagical miniature mecha is an interesting concept in and of itself, adding cat girls + pantsu has to be an attempt to expand the sub-categories in a blatant grab for more viewers.

It might be an interesting study to try to determine if they attracted more viewers than they lost as a result.

All of that said... I haven't decided to drop it yet. Despite the negative to grudgingly neutral reviews, there is still the potential for enough character development, etc., to suite my tastes.

May 31, 8:53 AM

Other girls besides the strike witches are seen wearing no pants, only panties, such as the nurse when Barkhorn went to visit her sister.

Something that was never explained in the story is why the girls go kemono (grow animal ears and tail) whenever they use their magic power. Maybe that's why they don't wear pants, because they would get in the way. This would apply to all girls who use magic, not just the witches. For example, the aforementioned nurse might use healing magic. Speaking of which, I don't recall offhand any male characters using magic. Is magic use a female-only thing?

All that aside, I liked the story and the characters. Even if the panties were pure fanservice, it didn't detract from the story. Some may complain, but for me it's just shut up and enjoy the view.
A møøse once bit my sister...