Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2010 7:15 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

(SPOILERS)

I am terrible. I am letting this show spoil all the best Christie works for me, aren't I?

As someone who hasn't read Christie, I enjoyed this arc, being the first arc based on a full novel. First couple episodes, I'm like, "Yeah, okay. Jewels were taken. Boring." But these ABC Murders, that was good stuff. I can only imagine how much better it is in novel form.

Like, the way Cust is portrayed here, he's clearly not the culprit from the instant you first see him. He's so wimpy and frightened all the time. And when they showed the shadowy figure of the culprit, he looked like either Donald or Franklin, so that kind of let the cat out of the bag, too. Plus, Franklin didn't show any emotion when he first met Poirot, which is odd since his brother had just been murdered.

I blame the process of watering down the novel for a children's audience, but I still liked the story regardless. Fun stuff.
anime-primeJun 21, 2020 2:58 PM
Mar 11, 2014 5:58 AM
Mar 2014
I finished the ABC Murderer some seconds ago, and I like it too. Its a charming and cool anime, but more of Miss Marple would be much cooler. didnt like the mustacle of Poirot. He let him look like an bavarian. :D
Jun 28, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
It became pretty obvious that it was Franklin when he wanted to post the ad in the newspaper, as if he wanted the ABC Murder to be well known in Europe. He also seemed the most fishy since the start. Cust seemed too crazy to be a calculated murderer.
Jul 9, 2017 10:12 PM
Jul 2017
If you watch a few mystery anime, the plot of Agatha Christies works will get spoiled regardless. If it is going to be spoied anyway, you might as well learn if from a good adaptation.
Jun 21, 2020 2:34 PM

Sep 2011
misdirection overflow
Jul 4, 2020 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
This was pretty nice, I need more of these multi parter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2021 6:23 PM

Dec 2015
Shame that they didn't give Cust a closure and happy ending like in the book, but I guess there was no time for this - some of the other people's plots were also cut out, after all.

Overall this whole arc was better than previous episodes, but that doesn't really say much, considering that the source material was more complex and interesting. I'm looking forward to see how they handle next cases.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple Episode 31 Discussion

ember-moon - Jun 21, 2020

1 by azwarrizal »»
Oct 28, 2021 6:57 PM

Poll: » Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple Episode 24 Discussion

Gaichi - Oct 19, 2017

2 by Gwathgor »»
Aug 13, 2021 3:07 PM

Poll: » Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple Episode 19 Discussion

ember-moon - May 26, 2020

1 by Gwathgor »»
Aug 10, 2021 7:22 PM

Poll: » Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple Episode 18 Discussion

Mayuka - Oct 15, 2016

4 by Gwathgor »»
Aug 10, 2021 7:07 PM

Poll: » Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple Episode 16 Discussion

ember-moon - May 25, 2020

1 by Gwathgor »»
Aug 10, 2021 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.