Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2010 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
AH NOO! Michiru, Kaoru!!! Don't die!
Apr 1, 2011 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuck!

I wanted a happy ending for Michiru and Kaoru.
I think it's all the Precure's fault as they just stood there watching as they were being zapped by the purple finger lasers. Way to go you two.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2014 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
I kinda agree with what both of you said.

Now two new whatevers come from the other land. Probably going to get as annoying as all of them in the last show of Max Heart.
May 4, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
aw, poor kaoru and michiru. sad to see them go, they were the only villains in this series that i liked so far.
Sep 29, 2016 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Favorite episode so far.Usually dislike when the bad guys turn good due to the power of friendship but it works really well in this franchise imo (just like with Futari Wa and Kiriya),really sad to see Michiru and Kaoru go.
Mar 2, 2017 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
I was annoyed by Michiru and Kaoru all the time but in the end I felt bad for them, they really progressed as characters and I liked them more than Kiriya whom I actually disliked.

Even though I hope that the new creatures are not Michiru an Kaoru reborn, mabye that they reapear near the end but not reborn as these new creatures which I hope are not as annoying as Porrun and Lullun
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Aug 6, 2017 2:17 AM

Apr 2012
Love it. Goes to show how powerful Akudaikan is, and also I love the sacrifice of Michiru and Kaoru.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 14, 2019 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was insane. Can you imagine the little children who watched this weekly seeing this for the first time? This shit must of blew their minds! That ending, oh God the screaming, it's so abrupt but in the best way. The series can be so dramatic, I can't praise it enough.
Sep 29, 2020 11:53 AM

Jan 2010
I think this is the first time between in Precure that the main leads experienced actual loss and have it feel appropriately heavy. Whenever the main leads have their loved ones, their friends, or even their city at stake, they always pull through because Precure isn't the kind of show to put neither their leads nor their audience through significant trauma. However, with villain-turned friends, that's slightly different. In a sense, they are expendable, but they're also capable of character growth to an extent. Because of that, the writing can take more risks with characters like Kaoru and Michiru. While I would have preferred to see them stick around longer to develop further, such as exploring their inner natures, giving Saki and Mai an actual reason to fight works too. All I want is for the main characters to experience some manner of character growth, and if loss of friends is how the writing decides to go about it, then I'll take what I can get. Loss is something that happens in life, and it's hard to teach kids this. However, it's just as hard to teach kids about how to move on past loss, so I'm curious to see how Pretty Cure decides to address this, as it's not something I've see the series attempt to tackle.
Sep 14, 2023 5:21 PM
Oct 2019
It's the
situation from Futari wa all over again, this is painful :(((
Nov 16, 2023 4:48 AM

May 2015
One of the best episodes of all the Precure franchise. Michiru and Kaoru were really the best antagonists.

Really sad they had to die... they could have become Precure's real friends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pretty Cure Splash Star Episode 49 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 2, 2011

10 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Splash Star Episode 48 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 24, 2010

10 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 24, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Splash Star Episode 45 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Apr 23, 2011

10 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 23, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Splash Star Episode 42 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jun 14, 2010

7 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 21, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Pretty Cure Splash Star Episode 41 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Feb 19, 2011

5 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 20, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.