Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Naruto Chapter 504 Discussion

Jul 30, 2010 10:34 PM

Touching.:)

Jul 30, 2010 11:38 PM

Relationship between parents and son story always really great!

Jul 31, 2010 12:39 AM

71 loved it, 71% loved it

I love this similarity

Jul 31, 2010 1:20 AM

Kushina is NOT a tsundere - not even an inkling. It's rediculous. Just because a female character hits a male character doesn't automatically make them tsundere. Any woman would have hit Naruto after he said such a dumbass statement.

NaruHina are destiny. Accept it.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America

Jul 31, 2010 1:49 AM

juha19 said:
The conclussion of Minato was the sadest thing I've ever seen it almost got me angry, and I really liked him as a character but with a twisted logic that it would be better for Naruto to see his mother for a few mins in the future rather than growing up with a father is more than pretty bad. But I guess thats one of many short comings of this series that I should've get used to right now.

sum, a not so good chapter.

He would have died either way, same for Kushina probably. At least, this way, Naruto gets to meet his parents rather than hear about them from others. Anyway, great chapter. That was a very motherly speech from Kushina, very touching. It's great that Minato and Kushina can rest knowing that naruto has no hard feelings towards them now.
Modified by WingZero1223, Jul 31, 2010 1:52 AM

Jul 31, 2010 2:21 AM

Whos Tenten?

Jul 31, 2010 2:46 AM
Damn, that was emotional.

Jul 31, 2010 6:27 AM

frozen_soul said:
this chapter is awesome ^^ love it specially becuase i have hots for naruto's mom but seriously it so good the story of the chapter was so emotional and well conveyed
guilhermekinni said:
Wait a minute...

- Kushina says she wants Naruto to marry a girl like her.
- Kushina is stabbed defending Naruto.
- Hinata is stabbed defending Naruto.

Why i have this feeling that the NaruHina shippers are going to take this and run with it?

if you look it at that way yes

and i am all for hinata ^^ but she fails in the first category not to pic a weird girl and hinata is definitely weird oh well she's maiden in love so it cant be helped but
Last time I looked, shy =/= weird.

Jul 31, 2010 6:40 AM

NaruHina >>>>>>>> NaruSaku, but I can only see Sakura in Kushina, loud, uses her body to express her feelings, same head, but saying that, it's not as if she can decide who he gets with.
And she's weird because she's a quiet stalker type, overly shy too.

Jul 31, 2010 7:16 AM

Emo moment. But it was a good one.

Jul 31, 2010 9:55 AM

So DRAMA *facepalm* Kishi-sensei, you're the master of destroying your own great concepts

Jul 31, 2010 10:58 AM

Glad that's over with.

I thought Naruto had the whisker marks on his face because he's the Nine-Tails' host, but he clearly had them before he became a Jinchuriki... wtf?

This Fairy Tale Is Ending

Jul 31, 2010 11:36 AM

I wasn't very touched to be honest. The drama seemed a little forced the way it was presented but anyway moving on.

Kushina left her son with wishes for Sakura it seems. There character is very similar.

My only regret is that now i will have start hearing the stupid rap again.

Jul 31, 2010 11:36 AM

Kryptonian said:
Glad that's over with.

I thought Naruto had the whisker marks on his face because he's the Nine-Tails' host, but he clearly had them before he became a Jinchuriki... wtf?
haha good observation..

youd think the village would've treated naruto with a bit more respect as a kid but guess not.

Jul 31, 2010 12:23 PM

SkyFade said:
Whos Tenten?

Jul 31, 2010 2:18 PM
Awesome Chapter. Well Sakura is like Kushina definitely.

Jul 31, 2010 2:32 PM

Awesome chapter! I really cry T^T That was soo cute , they would be soo happy family if there wasn't MAdara that time :/ Stupid Madara !
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^

Jul 31, 2010 5:03 PM

RaYz said:

i dont get why everyone keeps saying that. Sakura is NOTHING like Kushina. Sakura is usless. Kushina is not. Kushina has special abilities. Sakura has none. Kushina is cheerful and loveble. Sakura is not. Kushina actually Showes love with not hitting people. Sakura thinks that its okay to hit people. Kushina has a big burden to carry, like naruto, being the nine taled jinchuurik , but was still happy becouse of love. While sakura, got freaking depressed becouse of a boy that ignored her for all these years. Kushina had dreams to become the hokage. Sakura has no dream, besides marrying a boy (facepalm) Kushina beat up the boys that made fun of her. Sakura just cries and cuts her hair. Kushina at least has a reason for falling in love with minato. Sakura has no reason for loving Sasuke. Kushina can be funny at moments like her son. Sakura dont understand humor, and hits naruto when she hears jokes. Kushina is tomboyish and chatty and likes to pulling pranks(from WIKI) like her son. Sakura is nothing like naruto. therefore nothing like Kushina... I really REALLY dont get your logic here. besides maybe the hair color. pink/red. there is nothing similar about them. (Yes i know she hitted naruto once, that does not mean she is sakura. Yeez...) its like saying that just becouse she blush once,means she is hinata. Its just emototions. its not like when girls get angry and hit a boy, they suddently become sakura? .__. XD

Sorry for long post xD. but somone had to clear this up. XDD

And yeah, AWESOME chapter :D .. Sad though T__T

Jul 31, 2010 5:50 PM

Awww, I seriously cried when Kushina was saying stuff to Naruto during the fight and Minato was doing the Shiki Fuujin. It was short but it's so touching! D':

Jul 31, 2010 7:17 PM

Ameno said:
RaYz said:

i dont get why everyone keeps saying that. Sakura is NOTHING like Kushina. Sakura is usless. Kushina is not. Kushina has special abilities. Sakura has none. Kushina is cheerful and loveble. Sakura is not. Kushina actually Showes love with not hitting people. Sakura thinks that its okay to hit people. Kushina has a big burden to carry, like naruto, being the nine taled jinchuurik , but was still happy becouse of love. While sakura, got freaking depressed becouse of a boy that ignored her for all these years. Kushina had dreams to become the hokage. Sakura has no dream, besides marrying a boy (facepalm) Kushina beat up the boys that made fun of her. Sakura just cries and cuts her hair. Kushina at least has a reason for falling in love with minato. Sakura has no reason for loving Sasuke. Kushina can be funny at moments like her son. Sakura dont understand humor, and hits naruto when she hears jokes. Kushina is tomboyish and chatty and likes to pulling pranks(from WIKI) like her son. Sakura is nothing like naruto. therefore nothing like Kushina... I really REALLY dont get your logic here. besides maybe the hair color. pink/red. there is nothing similar about them. (Yes i know she hitted naruto once, that does not mean she is sakura. Yeez...) its like saying that just becouse she blush once,means she is hinata. Its just emototions. its not like when girls get angry and hit a boy, they suddently become sakura? .__. XD

Well said.

Jul 31, 2010 7:27 PM

I loved it!
I almost cried... T_T

Jul 31, 2010 7:53 PM

Okay I can understand how Kushina's words could've somehow foreshadowed who Naruto pairs with later in the story or whatever, but I would like to speak as devil's advocate for a moment. My argument regarding whether Naruto could end up with either Sakura or Hinata is how can one be so sure that what Kushina hopes for out of Naruto as he grows up will come true?

I mean thinking about it for a moment, there were a handful of ways that Kushina wanted out of Naruto as he grows up that never really came to true.

- She didn't want Naruto to develop verbal tics like her, which didn't work.
- She wanted Naruto to beware of Jiraiya.
- She hoped for Naruto and Sasuke to become good friends and I don't that became exactly the case as of 30 chapters ago.
- She didn't want Naruto to be a fussy/picky eater, which might mean to eat more than just ramen.
- She wanted Naruto to behave well with the teachers at the academy, which Naruto didn't exactly do a good job of doing, at first. I mean he's well-behaved now, but I'm just saying.

Now none of this is to say that Kushina's hoping of Naruto to get her definition of an ideal girlfriend won't happen. That being said, I don't think we can be too sure it will either.

Jul 31, 2010 8:23 PM

Hypeathon said:
- She didn't want Naruto to be a fussy/picky eater, which might mean to eat more than just ramen.
no, that came true, its not like naruto refuses to eat anything thats not ramen, and he's definitely not a picky eater because lets face it, ramen aint no high class food.

Jul 31, 2010 8:28 PM

Ameno said:
RaYz said:

+1

Jul 31, 2010 8:37 PM

Ameno said:
RaYz said:

I disagree.
I just saw "Sakura has no reason for loving Sasuke" and lol'd though, you're all knowing when it comes to other people's feelings :3
Modified by WhichOneIsKirk, Aug 1, 2010 1:31 AM

Aug 1, 2010 1:26 AM

Ameno said:
RaYz said:

I realize the hate for Sakura runs strong and even more between the female population but relax.
The reason you can't see it is because you don't want to see it since you liked Kushina but you hate Sakura and your weak psychology makes you deny that Sakura might be similar to something you like.
The whole Sakura hate started because of her silly crash on Sasuke but relax people she's obviously not a dreamer like that anymore. She was just 12 and being silly. Kushina found Minato to be stupid and wasn't interested in him when she was that young. And sorry but Sakura didn't get eternally depressed about Sasuke. Only for those few days. Naruto seems more obsessed and depressed about it than her.
Kushina obviously looks like the kind of woman that would hit a guy on the head when he says something stupid especially when she was young. But tell me can you imagine Minato doing the stupidities Naruto is doing? Sorry but many times Naruto makes me want to hit him, so give Sakura a break would you. Besides in the actual manga she hits him very little times. It's the anime with the fillers that puts who makes her hit him all the time.
Also the fact that Kushina has some strong chakra and all that is irrelevant. We were comparing personalities here not power levels.
i would have liked to see Naruto playing the super ninja with out the Kuybi and ten tons of chakra. Or Sasuke with out his Sharingan tricks.
Sakura's 12 year old character doesn't exactly fit with grown Kushina but her 15-16 year old character does. But they did both get laughed at for big forehead and tomato face.
In the end you seem to forget that Sakura is still a teenager and you compared her with a mature woman. So Sakura will be better when she reaches that age and be even more like her.

Aug 1, 2010 1:50 AM

Monad said:

Sakura's 12 year old character doesn't exactly fit with grown Kushina but her 15-16 year old character does.

i think so too. they're both feisty, strong-willed, and protective.

Hypeathon said:

Now none of this is to say that Kushina's hoping of Naruto to get her definition of an ideal girlfriend won't happen. That being said, I don't think we can be too sure it will either.

good point. it could still go in any direction. what if he ends up with no one at all?! (though i really doubt that'd happen :p)

anyway! these last few chapters have had me on the verge of tears. ahh! :'(
on another note, such badass parents! they can join sanae and akio in that category in my brain :)
all in all, awesome chapter!
Modified by carotte-chan, Aug 1, 2010 1:57 AM
senjougahara fascination ♥
戦場ヶ原、 蕩れ

Aug 1, 2010 12:02 PM

Monad said:
Sakura's 12 year old character doesn't exactly fit with grown Kushina but her 15-16 year old character does.

What are you talking about. i hate her 16 years character which is not like kushina at all and neither she is a good match for naruto.

i liked her 12 year character and was a sasu x saku fan but now i want sakura shouldn't end up with anyone.

You said that peoples starting to hate sakura because she had a crush on sasuke. but that's not the reason i hate sakura. i hate her because she doesn't fit as main character at all. she is the most useless female character i have seen in any anime/manga.

some one might say. oh she beat master sasori. lol. i lol'd at that whole fight. all she was doing hitting with his hands as puppet. this is what you call a ninja.

i mean come-on she is no match for sasori a akatsuki member to begin with. not to mention. she won't be able to beat anyone in 12 konoha rookies (in her 16 years character).. unless someone got hit with her fist.. That mean's she is a close range fighter and Ino is a long range fighter. the only character she might be able to beat.. now leave male characters aside. in females only hinata is the close range fighter in konoha rookies. which fought against neji very well and sakura was not able to beat Ino. so if anyone think she will be able to beat byakugan user. he/she had some problem against hinata. otherwise you should read byakugan abilities and then analyze if sakura will be able to hit a byakugan user with his fist? you will know the answer.

she had a crush on sasuke and he ignored him. naruto had a crush on sakura and she ignored him until a 3rd party told him. then she got pumped, make a faked confession and was going to kill sasuke. i will get a little bit respect for her. if she really try to hit him with that damn kunai and sasuke was able to dodged.. but she was not able to hit a blind sasuke.. just lols.

Aug 1, 2010 3:09 PM

nice chap ^^
xxJonssonXx said:
Soooo.... Shouldn't Fai have made some kind of hate post on this week's chapter by now? It just doesn't feel like a new chapter is out without him.

Overall I just didn't feel it. It was suppose to be bitter-sweet but it just felt like it was too many unnessecary words floating around. Oh well, back to reality next week I guess.
I thought that too XD
-INSERT EPIC QUOTE HERE-

Aug 1, 2010 4:27 PM

ToolToulTo said:
nice chap ^^
xxJonssonXx said:
Soooo.... Shouldn't Fai have made some kind of hate post on this week's chapter by now? It just doesn't feel like a new chapter is out without him.

Overall I just didn't feel it. It was suppose to be bitter-sweet but it just felt like it was too many unnessecary words floating around. Oh well, back to reality next week I guess.
I thought that too XD
I know

Aug 1, 2010 5:53 PM

The chapter was pretty sad

Aug 1, 2010 8:15 PM

Awesome chapter, I really love what Minato said about just getting along with what Kushina said, it was sad and funny at the same time :(.

Oh, and please stop your pairing rantings, we all have pairings that we prefer. Mine is NaruSaku, period.
­

Aug 1, 2010 9:11 PM
JadedLover said:
That was short.
But epic >_<

Aug 1, 2010 9:21 PM

Rather cheesy but at the same time... :')

Aug 1, 2010 10:15 PM

Indeed a bit cheesy and overdone and Kishi more or less destroyed all his concepts of father and mother and that Kyuubi... man poor Kyuubi... anyways it was a completely emotional and kewl chapter... I really liked it... All because Kushina really saved the day... if it weren't for her then I would care less for it... But really that speech really made my heart churn a bit a get a bit sad since the poor Naruto suffered all because they had to sacrifice themselves in such way... Oh well at least is the end of the flashback... it ended in a plain good way to me... I hope to see the next chapter sooner now...

And yes... The discussion thread is weird without Fai XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2010 4:48 PM
i loved this chapter

PPL plz stop hating on sakura yes she is useless but that has always been sakuras character she will always be the "damsel in distress" aka useless but she is always contributing trying to better herself thats is the reason she learned medical ninjutsu she is the apprentices of one of the legendary sannin tsunade naruto jiriya sasuke orochimaru they all play thier part so stop hating sheesh

kushina is very simular to sakura as well in my own opinion why because kushina didnt like minato to start she thought he was on of the worst shinobi she ever seen and thought his dream was stupid same goes for sakura towards naruto but as they got older minato proved his worths same as naruto did sakura ....see the similarities im not say naruto will be with sakura but there are similarities between sakura and kushina

Aug 3, 2010 11:50 PM

I realize the hate for Sakura runs strong and even more between the female population but relax.
The reason you can't see it is because you don't want to see it since you liked Kushina but you hate Sakura and your weak psychology makes you deny that Sakura might be similar to something you like. The whole Sakura hate started because of her silly crash on Sasuke but relax people she's obviously not a dreamer like that anymore. She was just 12 and being silly. Only for those few days.

Lol, no, Sakura went from being an annoying fangirl to being an annoying bitch. She went from fawning over Sasuke to trying to kill him. There's nothing "clever" about her character, she's predictable and dim witted. We're talking about a fictional comic series, not an essay from a psychoanalyst. There's nothing the reader doesn't see. What we've read is what we've gotten. I believe you're reading way to far into Naruto, a comic book series meant for kids.

Kushina obviously looks like the kind of woman that would hit a guy on the head when he says something stupid especially when she was young.

Was the constant sour attitude towards EVERYONE not an indicator that maybe she wasn't such a an attention whore (like Sakura)? She had to have someone save her life to trust them.

But tell me can you imagine Minato doing the stupidities Naruto is doing? Sorry but many times Naruto makes me want to hit him, so give Sakura a break would you.

This was exhaustingly redundant. Your subjective opinions aren't arguments.

Besides in the actual manga she hits him very little times. It's the anime with the fillers that puts who makes her hit him all the time.

Have you even read the manga?
Modified by lucjan, Aug 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Aug 4, 2010 9:30 AM

Sigh, was hoping that atleast 1 or Naruto's parents were still alive.

Aug 6, 2010 12:10 AM

This chapter made me shed tears.
It was so heart-warming and sad :']

Aug 6, 2010 2:44 AM

Tsuki-Hime said:
i hate her because she doesn't fit as main character at all. she is the most useless female character i have seen in any anime/manga.

I have to disagree, I think she's the farthest thing from useless. She's a very strong, capable character especially considering the fact that she's one of the only members of the Rookie Nine who is not from a ninja clan. So in fact I think it's quite incredible what skill she has achieved for being a 'normal' person who doesn't possess hidden power or bloodline limit.

Tsuki-Hime said:
i mean come-on she is no match for sasori a akatsuki member to begin with. not to mention. she won't be able to beat anyone in 12 konoha rookies (in her 16 years character)

Um, no? She defeated Sasori even though it was with the help of Chiyo. And why are you so sure that she couldn't be able to beat them? First of all, she is actually the strongest kunoichi in her age group. Proven fact from the 3rd official data book. She trained under Tsunade, one of the legendary Sanin, and can now stand proudly next to her teammates without feeling inadequate. I actually admire Sakura for how far she came after the timeskip, that she was actually able to accomplish so much without being given the free bonus of being part of a ninja clan that would of already passed jutsu's down to her. Everything she has become thus far has been from her own hardwork and nothing else. Kakashi and Chiyo, legends in their own right, even stated that Tsunade found quite the student and that in the future, Sakura could become stronger than Tsunade.

Tsuki-Hime said:
i will get a little bit respect for her. if she really try to hit him with that damn kunai and sasuke was able to dodged.. but she was not able to hit a blind sasuke.. just lols.

So you don't have respect for her because she has normal human emotions and was unable to kill one of her bestfriends and first love? Obviously, if she wanted to stab Sasuke she would have, simple as that. I liked the fact that Sakura had enough courage to decide to take matters into her own hands even if it meant killing one of her closest friends. And imagine the shock Sasuke must of felt, for that was the same Sakura that he had left 2.5 years ago crying and begging him to stay. Not quite the same person. This little scene proved that Sakura is no longer the girl who sat on the sidelines and watched as others around her got stronger; she is now willing to fight for herself and Team Seven.

~

Besides all that I did enjoy this chapter immensely C:

[size=90]dafuk isdis ?

paradoxi

Aug 12, 2010 7:15 PM

So wait, Naruto could have had his dad there but he decided to let his mom talk to him for about 5 minutes, I can't agree with that 4th.

Sad chapter and I am curious if all that Uchiha stuff was just more Naruto/Sauske destiny stuff or had any real merit.
My anime list

Aug 13, 2010 7:02 AM

~*sniffle*~ That was beautiful :)

Aug 14, 2010 3:14 PM

Omg I totally bawled my eyes out XD

Aug 24, 2010 1:35 AM

Touchy farewell

Naruto: I never had a mom or dad to begin with... -that was really hard on him

Overflowing of late love and stuffs -nice
Modified by Zinvinz, Aug 24, 2010 1:47 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 6, 2010 3:30 AM

Excellent chapter!!!!!
I totally love it! really it almost make me cry for real! it was very nice, so touching and the fight was good! perfect!

Sep 17, 2010 2:29 PM

Dammit i cried so much and it doesn't help that I was listening to depressing kingdom hearts music while reading it!

Sep 23, 2010 3:23 PM

Hey, that was actually pretty damn moving.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

Sep 20, 2011 4:35 AM

Naruto anime's been a bit slow lately, so I decided I'd catch up on the manga... ugh. I was bawling by the end of the chapter too. T_______T

Jan 14, 2013 12:25 AM

wow. i literally just cried a lot reading that. naruto's story is so moving. if nothing else that's why this is a great manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 10, 2018 3:05 AM

Thank you for making me cry.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store