Forum Settings
Forums

Medal of Honor or Call Of Duty: Black Ops Which game you gonna buy?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Which game you gonna buy?

Jul 27, 2010 10:44 PM
I personally don't plan on buying neither.
Modified by Hellobee, Jul 27, 2010 10:50 PM

Jul 27, 2010 10:46 PM

Neither.

Jul 28, 2010 12:03 AM

Both.

Jul 28, 2010 12:19 AM

Niether. Getting Halo: Reach :)

Jul 28, 2010 12:29 AM

neither
Something cool to be placed here in the near future.

Jul 28, 2010 5:19 AM

Most probably both....Medal of Honour's what got into war games, and the COD games are justt epic. But if I only have enough money for one, then it'll be Black Ops.

Jul 28, 2010 5:26 AM

Black Ops, probably.

Jul 28, 2010 5:28 AM

Both or neither, I really don't know. The thing is, I disliked the way DICE did BFBC2, and since they'll be working on the multiplayer mode of the new MoH, chances are I'm not gonna like it either. Unless they drop all the stupid ideas they had for BFBC2. And with CoD:BO, though it looks good so far, I don't care about Treyarch so much. COD:WaW was mediocre at best... Well, both BFBC2 and CoD:WaW were lacking in excitement when compared to CoD4 and CoD:MW2 (despite all of its issues, it's fuckin' awesome), so I'll have to think twice before giving my money to either of them.

However if CoD:BO has a Napalm Strike killstreak (they used them in NAM, right?) I'm going to be drooling over it... lol
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

Jul 28, 2010 5:51 AM

Both are generic shooters, so neither.

Jul 28, 2010 5:53 AM

raptorjesus15 said:

How would you know they're generic shooters if you have not played either yet? And if they're generic shooters then what's a non generic shooter for you? Don't tell me anything like Borderlands cause you'll be talking crap.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

Jul 28, 2010 6:20 AM

If it's COD I don't think you can expect anything more than a generic shooter, though I did love nazi zombies, so if they had that I'd be more tempted.
I would get medal of honour but MW2 killed my last bit of love for shooters and I don't trust it any to be that great anymore.

Jul 28, 2010 6:33 AM

raptorjesus15 said:

This.

Come on a game set in the middle east, where you are a solider shooting at people BEEN DONE TO DEATH!
The bloody fan boys are worse than the game.
SCREW REALISM ITS A SODDING GAME!
You want something real the army are always looking for fresh meat.
Give me something along the lines of Painkiller and Serious sam over that shite anyday.
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]

Jul 28, 2010 6:45 AM

I'd like another timesplitters game over COD any day.

Jul 28, 2010 6:48 AM

Darkprinny said:
raptorjesus15 said:

This.

Come on a game set in the middle east, where you are a solider shooting at people BEEN DONE TO DEATH!
The bloody fan boys are worse than the game.
SCREW REALISM ITS A SODDING GAME!
You want something real the army are always looking for fresh meat.
Give me something along the lines of Painkiller and Serious sam over that shite anyday.

So what's not been done to death? Shooting aliens and zombies? Or nazis maybe? Gimme a break... And if you ask me it's Painkiller and Serious Sam that are generic. Fun only the first couple times you play them and then they get boring fast. Especially Painkiller, it's just a doom clone anyways.

Though I agree with you on realism. I think MW2 was the perfect fps. Or would be, if it had dedicated servers. It was fun and as realistic as an fps needed to be.

Jul 28, 2010 7:02 AM

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (y)

Jul 28, 2010 7:33 AM

Black Ops. After playing MoH Beta I don't want it anymore. Though I may not want Black Ops if they rumors of subscriptions are true.

Jul 28, 2010 1:48 PM

BakaKawaii said:
But you're not getting it. Because everything is terrible and the gods hate us, so we're doomed to be served generic shooters with increasingly rude marketing schemes.
;___;

I guess I'll take a look at both either way though. I might DL them for the single player and if I like them, possibly buy them for the multiplayer.
But in Black Ops' case, that's only if the multiplayer isn't a senselessly butchered wreck of a game like MW2. Goddammned bugfest with archaic console matchmaking, lack of mods and ridiculously overpriced DLCs.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Jul 28, 2010 2:02 PM

Neither, but if I had to choose one I'd go for Black Ops since it looks like MoH will be just a worse version of BC2 which I already have.

Jul 28, 2010 3:13 PM

kodial said:

So what's not been done to death? Shooting aliens and zombies? Or nazis maybe?

We live in a age when games company's wont take risks as they wont sell.
Look at the line up of games.
How many of them have names that do not have a number in them or a name that has been plastered on more games than that damn EA logo.
Not saying this is a new thing I mean look at all those Space Invader clones.
The only company that still trys to push new IP's is Sega and it comes back to nip them in the arse (Bayonetta, Mad World)

Gimme a break...

NO I HAS NO KITKATS!!

And if you ask me it's Painkiller and Serious Sam that are generic. Fun only the first couple times you play them and then they get boring fast. Especially Painkiller, it's just a doom clone anyways.

NO
Not Rly
Its not like Doom. hteres a higher body count and it looks a lot better (the plots still smeg) heck even the weapons are better.
And speaking of the weapons they are not generic "Pistol" "Shot-gun" Machine gun" "ROCKET LAWNCHAIR!!" Even the dam,n default weapon its damn impressive.
Its like saying Virtua Tennis is like Pong as they are both arcadey tennis games or Alien vs predator (Arcade) is like Alien vs Predator (Jag/PC) is the same game as they have the same name.

Though I agree with you on realism. I think MW2 was the perfect fps. Or would be, if it had dedicated servers. It was fun and as realistic as an fps needed to be.

The only game I felt was realistic to the degree it felt real was Steel Battalion and thats due to its massive control panel.

Jul 28, 2010 11:26 PM

Baman said:
BakaKawaii said:
But you're not getting it. Because everything is terrible and the gods hate us, so we're doomed to be served generic shooters with increasingly rude marketing schemes.
;___;

I guess I'll take a look at both either way though. I might DL them for the single player and if I like them, possibly buy them for the multiplayer.
But in Black Ops' case, that's only if the multiplayer isn't a senselessly butchered wreck of a game like MW2. Goddammned bugfest with archaic console matchmaking, lack of mods and ridiculously overpriced DLCs.

Black Ops is going to run on dedicated servers. They learned from their mistakes, I guess... Well, I hope they did.

Darkprinny said:
kodial said:

So what's not been done to death? Shooting aliens and zombies? Or nazis maybe?

We live in a age when games company's wont take risks as they wont sell.
Look at the line up of games.
How many of them have names that do not have a number in them or a name that has been plastered on more games than that damn EA logo.
Not saying this is a new thing I mean look at all those Space Invader clones.
The only company that still trys to push new IP's is Sega and it comes back to nip them in the arse (Bayonetta, Mad World)

Maybe I'm lacking in imagination but I don't see how people can come with new ideas when it comes to the theme of an fps game. Well, unless they make a Daliesque FPS where you have to shoot at giraffes on fire and ghostly ladies dragging melting pianos but that really would not sell... For an FPS game not to be generic, it's not about what do you kill and in what kind of world or era the game is set, but how you play it. And I think that both DICE and IW did make some bold moves and brought us new elements of gameplay even though some were less successful than others...... Well, anyway, it's not IW in Black Ops but Treyarch, that doesn't matter though since Treyarch always does as IW did before.

NO
Not Rly
Its not like Doom. hteres a higher body count and it looks a lot better (the plots still smeg) heck even the weapons are better.
And speaking of the weapons they are not generic "Pistol" "Shot-gun" Machine gun" "ROCKET LAWNCHAIR!!" Even the dam,n default weapon its damn impressive.
Its like saying Virtua Tennis is like Pong as they are both arcadey tennis games or Alien vs predator (Arcade) is like Alien vs Predator (Jag/PC) is the same game as they have the same name.

Oh, come on. Even if you check it out on wikipedia, it says with big big letters "It attempts to replicate the old school gameplay of Doom and Quake." And no matter how good it looked, in the end it offered nothing new and it was just that, a Doom Clone.

The only game I felt was realistic to the degree it felt real was Steel Battalion and thats due to its massive control panel.

I don't know about that but OF that tried to have a fit of realism, was so annoying, it was unplayable.

Jul 28, 2010 11:38 PM

None, i'm sick and tired of first person shooters tbh

Jul 29, 2010 6:39 AM

i played the MoH beta extensively,on PC and PS3,its really not that amazing. But i know Black Ops isnt gonna be anything special either,just a MW2 mod with vietnam skins

it all boils down to if you game on console or PC

Console-Killzone 3 or Halo Reach
PC-just about anything

Jul 29, 2010 7:15 AM

Maybe I'm lacking in imagination but I don't see how people can come with new ideas when it comes to the theme of an fps game. Well, unless they make a Daliesque FPS where you have to shoot at giraffes on fire and ghostly ladies dragging melting pianos but that really would not sell... For an FPS game not to be generic, it's not about what do you kill and in what kind of world or era the game is set, but how you play it. And I think that both DICE and IW did make some bold moves and brought us new elements of gameplay even though some were less successful than others...... Well, anyway, it's not IW in Black Ops but Treyarch, that doesn't matter though since Treyarch always does as IW did before.

Oh wait.
Technically not a traditional shooter but Portal was the last game that tried to be different.
It ended up bloody good fun as well
Oh, come on. Even if you check it out on wikipedia, it says with big big letters "It attempts to replicate the old school gameplay of Doom and Quake." And no matter how good it looked, in the end it offered nothing new and it was just that, a Doom Clone.

You gotta admit that the weapons where really well made.
"Trying" to be Doom is always great as Doom is still played to this day.
Even at the last big games event I went to (RetroRewind) they had Doom running on a cinema sized projection screen on four player split screen.
Will people still be playing the old CODs/MoHs when the new ones come out?
Dont think so.
They will be forgot and not even subject to the old nostalgia thing.
You probably wont even be able to play them in multi.
TBH I dont even think people will still be playing Painkiller as it was never a massive hit.
I don't know about that but OF that tried to have a fit of realism, was so annoying, it was unplayable.

Yeah real gun shots hurt.
Its not like you can go and hide and it will go away.

Aug 1, 2010 12:51 AM

im getting cod

Aug 1, 2010 1:52 AM

Both.

Already pre ordered Halo Reach max edition, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Fable 3 and got just enough money tucked away to pre order GW2.

Aug 1, 2010 10:50 AM

I doubt I'll buy either. I'll go with renting this time.

Aug 1, 2010 11:11 AM

Gonna play demos, then decide what to buy.

From trailers MoH looked pretty impressive. Also previews like "perfect combination of CoD and BF" sound damn intresting. If they manage to pull this one off or alteast be on their level (CoD and BF), then I'll probably get it.

Black Ops isn't MW2, but it can be fun in it's own way. WaW had more things to do then the (first MW), like Zombie Nazi, card cheats, 4 player co-op campaing and such. I hope the same way BO will have more "fun" than MW2 (and WaW). Good enough for me.

GodHatesKags said:
But i know Black Ops isnt gonna be anything special either,just a MW2 mod with vietnam skins

TBH not true at all. WaW wasn't MW with WWII skins.
MW/MW2 is like a hollywood blockbuster movie. WaW (and probably BO) are a bit more "shoot 'em up" type, with stuff to do like different game modes. BO might be a bit less polished, but provide a longer entertainment.

Aug 1, 2010 11:49 AM

Not sure if I'll get either. I know that I'm for sure not getting Medal of Honor lol. If my friends buy Black Ops, then I'll probably get it too

Aug 1, 2010 3:36 PM

I guess Black Ops, but I'm debating after the garbage, Modern Warfare 2. I'm hoping better from Treyarch. If Black Ops sucks as bad as Modern Warfare 2 though, then my days of playing Call of Duty are done. No more COD games for me.

Aug 2, 2010 10:37 AM

Shifter-Rage said:
Both.

Already pre ordered Halo Reach max edition, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Fable 3 and got just enough money tucked away to pre order GW2.

Mother of god. You're almost as cool as this guy:

Aug 2, 2010 10:39 AM
While the beta of Medal of Honor seemed like a worse version of BF:BC 2, it was much better than something from the terrible Call of Duty series

Aug 2, 2010 10:47 AM

mowatman said:
While the beta of Medal of Honor seemed like a worse version of BF:BC 2, it was much better than something from the terrible Call of Duty series

S'wrong with you?

You never play Call of Duty 1 or 2? MW2 is NOT Call of Duty in my eyes.

Aug 2, 2010 3:34 PM

Neither.

They aren't going to have anything on Reach.

Aug 2, 2010 3:39 PM

Most likely Black Ops. But I might not. Just because many people who played Call of Duty aren't playing the next game (which in this case is Black Ops) anymore. So, I don't really wanna play the game if no one I know will be playing it :/

Aug 2, 2010 7:46 PM

Neither. I don't like shooters.

Aug 2, 2010 9:41 PM

MaximumBatman said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Both.

As cool as you? Pfft, I don't stoop so low to your level.

Aug 3, 2010 5:06 AM

Shifter-Rage said:
MaximumBatman said:
Shifter-Rage said:
Both.

As cool as you? Pfft, I don't stoop so low to your level.

Hey! I think those green pants fit me quite nicely. How dare you mock my adorable walrus like physique.

Aug 3, 2010 5:21 AM
Liechée, Bittaly

Treyarch...these guys never quit.

Aug 3, 2010 8:37 AM
MaximumBatman said:
mowatman said:

S'wrong with you?

You never play Call of Duty 1 or 2? MW2 is NOT Call of Duty in my eyes.

They were OK at best, nothing special. They were more playable than the more recent crap though.

Aug 3, 2010 8:41 AM

Neither, the only FPS games I want at the moment are both a long way off (Portal 2 and Half Life 2 Episode 3). I'm not going to hold my breath.

Aug 3, 2010 2:55 PM

Neither. While I don't know anything about Black Ops, I played the Medal of Honor beta and it was awful. The only way I'd even consider renting it is if the singleplayer is outstanding.

Aug 4, 2010 2:12 AM
Neither, MoH beta was almost as crappy as mw2 and that says alot. Weird hitboxes, no bullet trajectory, weapons behaved strangely. And that godawful killstreak thing from mw series. mw1 was fun awhile until all the triggerhappy bouncing kids started to play.

naah bc2 all the way until bc2:vietnamn ( probably around christmas I guess ) and/or battlefield 3.

Aug 4, 2010 3:23 PM
Neither, I'll go for Crysis 2 :>
]

Aug 5, 2010 11:11 AM
Going to get both but if i have the money at the time will get both but in not i will mostly get CODBO.

Aug 5, 2010 11:12 AM
The MoH beta was beyond disappointing.

Aug 5, 2010 12:02 PM

Most likely will buy CoD but may not play as much when I get Halo Reach

Aug 21, 2010 4:15 PM

im tired of CoD and their community/fan base.

so i'll probably get neither or MEDAL OF HONOR.
give it a try

Aug 21, 2010 8:36 PM

Well, I tried the Medal of Honor beta, it just made me more frustrated than MW2.
Black Ops looks cool, but I fear it'll be the same way how MW2 pissed me off (but I did like W@W and it didn't frustrate me). So if I had to choose, I go with B.O.

Aug 21, 2010 8:49 PM

ILL NEVER GONNA BUY ANOTHER FPS GAME AGAIN =,=

got tired of poor story lines, short campaign, and annoying friends that are gonna buy the new COD/MOH game too -,-

EA and Activision are gonna do this every year, theyre gonna release another COD/MOH game every year with just new PERKS, Killstreaks and stuff. dont expect new things guys =D

Aug 22, 2010 1:17 AM

Neither

Call of Duty is as generic as its gets

Each game is an expansion pack of the last with a few new things thrown in with different/better looking skins..played one and you've played them all. I'm just sick with the title.

Played the MoH beta and it was the most horrid thing i've ever attempted to play.

Throw in a bad version of KZ2 running with MW2 kill streaks and horrible display and class system and you've got that new medal of honor.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »