Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2010 2:32 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sure,a plothole here and there... but those are insagnificant facts compared to the immense story here. Another fantastic episode, I'm marathoning this now, can't wait for the conlusion.
Oct 2, 2010 8:23 AM

Mar 2010
As I thought, Yamato is without a scratch :P But it was about 50 days between 22nd and 23rd episode, so the crew could repair the ship.

I'm getting more and more curious what will happen next. The story's getting better all the time
Oct 2, 2010 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
As I thought, Yamato is without a scratch :P. But there is a 50 day gap between the 22nd and 23rd episode, so the crew could repair the ship during that time

The story's getting better and better. I'm really curious what will happen next
Jan 29, 2013 4:04 AM

Dec 2008
*lol* Starcia could have told them that Gamilus is their fucking neighbour!
Im curious how Yamato will achieve victory now.
I won't survive any more obstacles for the brave space ship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 12:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Starsha ommited some useful info there. Of course it could all have been a test for Terrans.

Kodai can be such a hothead sometimes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
It was inevitable, but I'm not sure what to think about it. You have these aliens that were a major threat to Earth, and now Earth will fight their home planet with just one ship (Yamato)? I could understand this if it was something like Ideon. It makes sense if Yamato defeats small military bases through tactics, but not sure how they'll pull the finale.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 10, 2015 10:42 AM

May 2012
So close, yet so far away! They're in quite a pinch again, I wonder how they'll get out.
Feb 10, 2017 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, I was wrong when I imagined that Iscandar was an independent kingdom on Gamelus. But in the end, they still share their fate.

The planet doesn't make sense (to me) but you can invoke artistic license here (unlike with many episode-to-episode problems).

5/5 Yet another episode ending on a suspenseful situation!

Despite the repair time, the Yamato having not a single mark of the last battle bothers me.
Aug 25, 2018 2:06 PM

Jul 2014
Kodai, how can you not know who the father and mother are? :-P

We (the viewers) knew almost from the start that Iscandar and Gamilus were twin planets but I wonder why Starsha did not tell them about this "little" fact before.
Jan 14, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sure there would have been other choices besides earth to migrate into.
Aug 8, 2022 9:14 PM
May 2021
This was the twist episode where you find out new information about both Gamalon and Iscandar. The anime as a whole is fairly dated unfortunately, however it seems like the series is starting to pick up a little bit and starts to get away from some of the problems that plague pre-80s anime
Aug 31, 2023 10:47 PM

Sep 2018
Forget your favorite shounen protagonists, it's the Yamato that has insane plot armor.

Very jarring going from one episode where the ship has immense damage, to the next episode where everything is fine lol. Someone said 50 days had passed, incredible that they were able to fix all that damage in such a short amount of time (let alone still keep the Yamato functioning at all!) *rolls eyes*, but they obviously are capable in this anime universe.

Overall, it's been a pretty average ride and I can definitely feel it's age, I'm sure the remake is ten times better.
Sep 1, 2023 12:20 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Forget your favorite shounen protagonists, it's the Yamato that has insane plot armor.

Very jarring going from one episode where the ship has immense damage, to the next episode where everything is fine lol. Someone said 50 days had passed, incredible that they were able to fix all that damage in such a short amount of time (let alone still keep the Yamato functioning at all!) *rolls eyes*, but they obviously are capable in this anime universe.

Overall, it's been a pretty average ride and I can definitely feel it's age, I'm sure the remake is ten times better.
@GakutoDeathGlare

Some regards it is, but in some regards it's even more ludicrous. Leji stories sure are filled with plot armor and the Harlock series even worse than Yamato.
Sep 2, 2023 1:04 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Kuruwin
@GakutoDeathGlare

Some regards it is, but in some regards it's even more ludicrous. Leji stories sure are filled with plot armor and the Harlock series even worse than Yamato.
@Kuruwin Thanks for the heads up. Do you think Leji's other classic anime are worth the watch? If I thought this was about a 5 or 6/10? Kind of interested in Galaxy Express 999....
Sep 2, 2023 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
@Kuruwin Thanks for the heads up. Do you think Leji's other classic anime are worth the watch? If I thought this was about a 5 or 6/10? Kind of interested in Galaxy Express 999....
@GakutoDeathGlare

Well it's kinda hard to recommend Galaxy Express 999 because pretty much every individual story in that show has something stupid happening and characters are acting like loonies, but I really like the melancholic atmosphere it has. It's great in that regard, but hard to say whether that make's it worth a watch (especially considering the lenght)

There's movie version, but it fails utterly because you can't achieve the effect the show has with the low running time.

Feb 14, 9:12 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to ZetaZaku
It was inevitable, but I'm not sure what to think about it. You have these aliens that were a major threat to Earth, and now Earth will fight their home planet with just one ship (Yamato)? I could understand this if it was something like Ideon. It makes sense if Yamato defeats small military bases through tactics, but not sure how they'll pull the finale.
@ZetaZaku this exactly! I've seen Ideon before, and so far in my first watch through Yamato, I see a through-line between these two and Evangelion. Yamato is the bare-bones sci-fi structure and anime characterization, Ideon is more intricate and moodier in every single aspect of the show and starts to experiment with anime minefuck, and Evangelion is a significantly further jump in that direction + well-executed mindfuck for the first time in anime history (give or take)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato Episode 26 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 26, 2010

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Sep 1, 2023 5:25 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato Episode 14 Discussion

Seabury - Aug 7, 2012

5 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Jun 21, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato Episode 24 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 26, 2010

7 by Maria1988 »»
Jun 2, 2023 11:39 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato Episode 22 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 26, 2010

9 by Maria1988 »»
Jun 1, 2023 11:07 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato Episode 25 Discussion

Minorun-run - Oct 2, 2010

7 by workyourwayout »»
Apr 24, 2023 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.