Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2008 11:44 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow talk about one emo episode, anit-hero anti-villain i don't care about or want to exist in this world *slash**slash* wrists

May 14, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
So Yoite is actually a good person who just wants his wish fulfilled, but his wish is weird D:.

Eh it was a bit slow and boring but overall it wasn't bad.
May 15, 2008 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
Do they want to inspire suicides or what?

I just can't pity them for no reason whatsoever.
May 15, 2008 9:55 AM

Sep 2007
Even though it was just talking, I still liked this episode very much, it had a nice feeling

Looking forward to more, and don't even try to compare something to Naruto in this thread.... ^.^

May 15, 2008 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
i think this was an awesome episode. there was some depth to this, even tho Yoite says he is only using Miharu, the feeling is completely different. He opened up a completely different path for Miharu by giving him a way to learn how to control it whereas even his sensei went along with the removal of the shinrabatsu. I really liked the fact that Yoite wanted to not have his history changed but his existence removed because all he does is cause pain to people.

Tho i think sensei and Miharu are related somehow from the flashbacks, but Yoite and Miharu look alike.
May 15, 2008 10:16 AM

Nov 2007
i had liked Yoite this entire time until he asked he was alive. THEN he turned really emo for me. x.x sadly enough, he's still my favorite character, the most interesting character, in the anime so far, that's how bad i consider everyone else to be...although Yukimi is very amusing^^; i like how he takes care of Yoite too. my inner fangirl senses fanservice~ oh and i hate officially hate thobari. his miharu complex is incredibly irritating. i don't care if he's possibly related to miharu or not, he's still freakin annoying. daisuke namikawa does a good job voice acting though, so i'm not going to pin it on him^_^
May 15, 2008 11:30 AM

Nov 2004
Yeah, I thought that was rather interesting. The supposed antagonist turns out secretly to be the ally of the main character (but only to the main character). Yeah, he's just using Miharu but then everyone is using Miharu, 'using someone', friendship and being a foe has like no relation now. Hmm. And that part with the promise, I still can't tell whether the person in the beginning was Thobari-sensei or not, and whether that person is actually Miharu's brother or not (and whether he killed the parents). Seems like we also have the classic case of memory sealing here. Least we have some idea of Miharu's indifference to practically... everything (except for the life of his friends).
May 15, 2008 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
Very interesting episode. A lot more has now been revealed on Yoite, and the fact that him and Miharu are sort of allies now should make things pretty interesting.

May 15, 2008 6:44 PM
Dec 2007
Yoite is emo? No, just confused and looking at things in a realistic manner. The world is painful from his experience and observation. I think he's a good character. I can relate with his thoughts. Because of this episode, I like him more now. Miharu is weird as usual and the rest were barely in this at all, so I have no say about them. The show is heading in a good direction.
May 15, 2008 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
it was ok. better than the last episode for sure. kouichi finally looking a bit manly which i like and yoite and yukimi has voice to rape for.

interesting twist with the bad guy turn good guy but not really good per se plot. XD

May 15, 2008 9:05 PM

Jun 2007
I have a feeling they will end up becoming good friends throughout the series. When I see Yoite around him, it feels like they're bothers. Also from the OP it kind of looks like the two, 4 man groups will join together at some point. At least that's the impression I got.

Would be interesting to see the two biggest ninja clans fighting the 8 young ninjas.
May 16, 2008 10:28 AM

May 2007
Why was the lemonade that Yoite was given steaming? I mean, it had ice cubes in it and it was steaming? Wtf?

Oh, episode was pretty good in my eyes.
May 16, 2008 10:34 AM

Jun 2007
Im just glad he finally has some kind of motivation. I was starting to get bored by his indiference.
May 16, 2008 1:38 PM

Sep 2007
Thousand-Eyes said:
Yoite is emo? No, just confused and looking at things in a realistic manner. The world is painful from his experience and observation. I think he's a good character. I can relate with his thoughts. Because of this episode, I like him more now. Miharu is weird as usual and the rest were barely in this at all, so I have no say about them. The show is heading in a good direction.

Agreed. I don't think Yoite's emo. But then again, I don't like what the meaning of emo has become nowadays anyway.
May 17, 2008 8:16 AM

Feb 2008
is it even possible to be that apathetic? normally people would just kill themselves if they get to that point. yoite is probably doing him a favor by holding him hostage. itll do well by attaching him to someone else. in the eld everyone is just out for his skill like he thinks. ultimately he might have to be selfish or hell just die
May 17, 2008 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
i am really interested to know what yoite had went through. hope the episode would be here soon! XD
May 19, 2008 12:27 AM

Mar 2008
vindemon64 said:
Why was the lemonade that Yoite was given steaming? I mean, it had ice cubes in it and it was steaming? Wtf?

i think it was a hot lemonade ? =S wasn't that boiling water he put in it ? i didn't see any icecubes though...
...either way what a weird drink..hot lemonade *raises eyebrow*

i liked yoite and miharu's conversation though =]
i laughed when yoite said he was exhausted from talking so much!
i wonder how the secret allys will work out.

animefantasy said:
i am really interested to know what yoite had went through. hope the episode would be here soon! XD

yes i totally agree ! =]
May 20, 2008 5:09 PM

Jan 2007
i rather enjoyed the episode. I am liking the direction this is taking. Definitely looking forward to more.
May 20, 2008 9:25 PM

May 2008
The story is started to pick up.
May 21, 2008 12:15 PM

Jan 2008
I actually enjoyed the episode a lot ^_^ Yah, Yoite acts a bit emo but I feel bad about him actually -- I'm sure he went through a lot and there is a reason for his attitude...

looking forward for more :]
We're all insane
May 21, 2008 12:17 PM

Nov 2007
I knew Yoite wasn't all killing D:

This is turning out alright, I just hope they can pull some better action scenes later; the ones before weren't that great.
May 21, 2008 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
this was a rather interesting epi.
yoite suddenly turning around, and giving a hand to miharu. yes, all he wants is that the shinra banshou fulfills his wish, but, doesnt everyone want the same thing at this point?
yoite has a weird wish, and somehow emo in the end, but well, i guess his point of view is more like miharu's. he doesnt want anyone else to be suffering because of him. i really wonder if they do have a relationship other than being allies now.
aizawa screamed... i somehow heard yuuji in there.
in the end, i guess miharu is getting to be more friendly towards everyone else, and he now actually cares about them... yay...?
the guy who takes care of yoite is pretty funny and interesting.
i really wonder what happens now.
"how disgusting" probably the funniest part here. that, and the "i havent talked this much before"
yukimi is another awesome character.
May 21, 2008 2:57 PM
Apr 2008
I was lost in this episode.

I should watch it one more time D:
May 22, 2008 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
I think it was pretty interesting episode.And the fanservice was delightful.But i was like wtf? at the end,when that guy gave Yoite lemonade.I was like "So they make hot lemonade?Like hot cocoa?"
May 22, 2008 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
In the manga it was said that the drink was tea not lemonade ^_^ Probably that's the reason why it was hot
We're all insane
May 22, 2008 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
You can buy hot lemonade (or at least, hot lemon drink) in many vending machines in Japan ... I was never quite bold enough to try it, but it's definitely out there ^^;

As for the episode itself, it was nice to see more of Yoite, and I look forward to the partnership between him and Miharu. This episode was slightly more interesting to me than previous ones; not much, but it's progress.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 24, 2008 12:10 AM

Jan 2008
I was thinking what would Yoite do to Miharu, but it seems like he only wants Miharu to fulfill his wish that sounds quite weird.I think the most funniest part is when Yoite says "I have never talk so much before" (I can't remember the exact words but the meaning should be the same.).

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

May 24, 2008 3:18 AM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed this episode a lot! ^^ Yoite is my favourite character so far
I love the whole idea of him wishing he never existed, and the dilema he feels about being alive or not.
One of my favourite episodes, definitely!
May 26, 2008 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
Yoite has now become one of my favourite characters in this series! I actually really felt bad for him. I found this episode one of the best and I really want to watch the next.
Jun 9, 2008 6:52 PM

Feb 2008
SO..........Yoite is a good guy who wants to have his wish fullfilled.........and i also feel sad for him, i wish he'll feel a little better as the series continues. =(
Jun 28, 2008 1:29 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode. Yoite allies with Miharu, hmm...
Jun 29, 2008 2:58 AM

Jan 2008
Pheew, this show has really crappy and carbon copied characters. This'll be the last episode of Nabari "No More" I'll watch...
Aug 14, 2008 3:45 AM
Mar 2008
Wikipedia.org said:

In recent years the popular media has associated emo with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angsty. It is also associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide.

LegoMyEggo said:
Do they want to inspire suicides or what?

I just can't pity them for no reason whatsoever.

There's a big difference between being suicidal and erasing one's own existence which was also explained in the episode.

Suicidal: You kill yourself and that's it. The consequence of this is minimal, localized to those who know him or of him, who'd be either indifferent or sad/angry. Or happy.

Existential erasure: This is a paradox, which in other words means it's an impossibility, in Yoites case. If Yoites existence is erased, everything he's ever done will be erased too. The applied contradiction paradox is this: If Yoites existence is erased by Miharu, Yoite'll never meet Miharu, which means Yoites existence will not be erased.

Yoites wish is actually a very kind one, in his case, albeit very selfish, not to mention impossible to fulfill. What can be done however, is to erase his existence to everyone else BUT the one who fulfilled it, which means two things. His existence can't and won't be erased during the anime.

Ok, enough philosophy. I wanna see more of Raimeis problems recognizing people, hehe. That's funny.
Jan 25, 2009 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that was great.
I was wondering when Yoite and Miharu would have a conservation. But I haven't thought that it would be like this.

Yoite's wish is kinda strange and a bit sad. But it's good that Miharu was thinking about his friends abd what it would mean when Yoite dies.
Poor friend's of Miharu D:
Feb 15, 2009 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
Episode was a bit dry.
Jun 23, 2009 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
boring + emo should kill himself already
Nov 20, 2009 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
My favorite episode so far.

I was always curious about Yoite, becasue he just didn't seem quite the guy that was described. I knew there was more to him. I really want to find out what happened with him that he wants himself erased.

Lol for when for when the others come to Michal's palce and he's suddenly there. He goes back into 'carefree mode' ^^
Apr 19, 2010 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
Great and Climatic episode - i love it ^^
Oct 9, 2010 10:32 PM

May 2010
I'm really getting tired of people using the word "emo" wrong. If you want to say a dude's depressing, introverted, selfish, etc. then say he's depressing, introverted, selfish, etc. What has come to society if they have to use stereotypes for everything? Freaking educate yourself people!

Anyway, enough ranting. Yoite is awesome. He takes the depressed character personality and makes it his own. Instead of just wanting to die, he wants to completely erase his existence. Impossible, but fresh idea. Looking forward to how this turns out.
Dec 30, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
A lot of drama
Carefree boy - dislike it

Lol Miharu flipping the pancake moment
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 28, 2011 9:44 AM

Dec 2010
Interesting episode, i knew there was more to Yoite, and while i would never wish for a such a thing, i also wouldn't have done anything he would have done, so i guess its understandable in a way, i mean he regrets his life so much so he wishes that there was no trace of it.
Sep 26, 2011 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
Uhh, kind of confused a bit with this ep. So Miharu has a nice chat with Yoite and isn't scared of the mass-murderer who doesn't care about who he kills? Riiiiight. And what happened with that bad teacher, did he get die? We never actually saw the end of him.

Why doesn't Yoite just stop killing people if he hates doing it so much? He seems more of a lifeless robot than Miharu (and that's saying something). He lectures Miharu about only following orders, but what about himself?

Also, I don't see why Miharu can't just learn how to control his power and use it to save his friends and himself.
yamakasiSep 26, 2011 4:37 AM
Mar 24, 2013 11:27 PM
Aug 2011
One bland person talking to another bland person, oh god. ZZZZ

Hot Lemonade ewww.
May 9, 2013 2:24 AM

Mar 2013
Ow, nice episode. Yoite is attaching, finally. :3

"An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth, and Evil for Evil."

Nov 12, 2014 3:59 AM

Aug 2013
The conversation betwee Yoite and Miharu lulled me to sleep. I know there's important info but holy crap I can't stand their voices and personality. BLANDNESS NO OU.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 19, 2016 2:19 AM

Jun 2010
I think Miharu is simply useless and I personally hate that kind of main characters. Makes it annoying to keep watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 1:25 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Is it just me or is the background all weird and stuff? Like it's still in the sketching and coloring process...? Damn, wonder if it was always like that..
Jul 31, 2021 3:10 AM

Aug 2020
Interesting direction they took with the villain.

For some reason I thought that lemonade was poisoned.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

More topics from this board

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM

» Nabari's Dub

IMOUTOOO - Aug 22, 2009

4 by PsiphonX »»
Jul 4, 2022 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.