Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2010 1:56 AM
Nov 2008
well in some point im angry cuz the same thing happen with manga fox...its cruel cuz many fan work really hard to let us the fan enjoy reading expecially for those manga that many companies never translate it cuz its not popular in the market. Also im sure like me there are many people who its hard find manga to buy cuz are not very popular in diferent country.

i really respect the policy about buy original manga to contribuit with the work of the mangata but the company should in some point believe that in the market exist many genber or manga that they never will pick up for translate or start a project and after few months they dropped its really piss me off....

to the people who work scanning or translating i say THANK YOU and to all the people who its part of the staff in diferent web that upload manga continue with the hard work cuz we the fan really need u...

its easy for them say that its ilegal but the world its to biggest for them to get the places that the fan need it.
Jul 24, 2010 1:57 AM
Feb 2010
Well there was manga sites that was quicker on new manga but OneManga had more manga.
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist
Jul 24, 2010 2:04 AM
Nov 2008
well in the end the people who give license to manga always will have fight and difference with many fan manga page cuz even if today some page close always will be one open new...

believe me never will die the fans are too many and many are the people who work translate and release many new updates any time in difference to the company that sometime they need wait for more release in japan fot them can release in trasnlate cuz that way they can benefit...

any way thanks who create this blog cuz people like us can release them anger, frustation and sadness...
Jul 24, 2010 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
i see this news first on some lj community, such a sad thing a great site like that gonna close.

gonna start saving money to buy manga online º3º
Jul 24, 2010 2:08 AM
Nov 2008
TheStarEffect said:
Well there was manga sites that was quicker on new manga but OneManga had more manga.

well u are right, but the samething pass to a manga fox few months ago and actually the point its not who release more faster or who have more variety it ist that we the fan can enjoy cuz always find some manga that they can enjoy even if was an old one or popular one
Jul 24, 2010 2:10 AM

Mar 2010
mangafox is next
well i hope i'm wrong
Jul 24, 2010 2:10 AM
Nov 2008
Suzayy said:
i see this news first on some lj community, such a sad thing a great site like that gonna close.

gonna start saving money to buy manga online º3º

but im confuse they will close the page or just erase the ilegal ones cuz have licenses now???
Jul 24, 2010 2:13 AM
Nov 2008
newbie97 said:
mangafox is next
well i hope i'm wrong

i know manga fox erase a lot of manga cuz now have license and was ilegal scan but i hope they dont close the page in some point i dont want to believe they close the page cuz they still have many manga that dont have license yet
Jul 24, 2010 2:13 AM
Feb 2009
HollywoodJustice said:
AssesOfFire said:
Damn, I only have like 5 days to read 397 chapters of Naruto... I'm going to have to take some personal days.
Instead of wasting your last 5 days on the likes of Naruto, read something that's actually good, like One Piece.

Exactly. One Piece is far better.

teanut said:
Haha, losers. You should all download your manga and use CDisplay, like ME!

Oh well, it's not like you have any other choice now anyway, losers!

Too much clutter. I don't need thousands of page images scattered throughout my computer. And stop acting like a troll.
Jul 24, 2010 2:17 AM
Nov 2008
Wintergreen said:
Damn it! I knew this would happen sooner rather than later, but still! I hoped I was just being paranoid. Makes me sick. Just like what happened with Mangahelpers. It was so great to be able to casually read manga at school on it. This is going to be an inconvenience, but maybe something good will come out of it? Urrr
I'll just have to work on my Japanese more than ever and keep buying manga in Japanese whenever I can afford it. I'm definitely not giving any money to people (especially companies) that translate manga into English. It's really sorry how many bad experiences I've had regarding such things, mainly with Tokyopop.

Either way, it's time to start downloading a bit more before everything hits the fan.

you know i belive this never will die cuz few years something similar happen with different page online but always open new one u know even if some want to improve japanese there are many in the world how cant soo i wanna to believe too that even if this close more after something new can open again we the fan really need it T.T
Jul 24, 2010 2:21 AM
Nov 2008
_Me_ said:
HollywoodJustice said:
AssesOfFire said:
Damn, I only have like 5 days to read 397 chapters of Naruto... I'm going to have to take some personal days.
Instead of wasting your last 5 days on the likes of Naruto, read something that's actually good, like One Piece.

teanut said:

Too much clutter. I don't need thousands of page images scattered throughout my computer. And stop acting like a troll.

well for taste there are color, if u want download do it, if u prefer read online do it till u can, the important thing its that u enjoy it and dont worry im sure something good can happen more after always its the same.
Jul 24, 2010 2:33 AM

Dec 2009
There is a petition being worked on to stop the ridiculious mess. I hope it works, after all remember that most didn't want us downloading music.

Jul 24, 2010 2:44 AM

Jul 2009
*sigh*

I didn't really like this news. Now one site I always visit has disappeared, and it's my mostly visited site -_-
This is a signature.
Jul 24, 2010 2:58 AM

Nov 2009
belatkuro said:

OneManga shutting down leaves me in despair.
Jul 24, 2010 3:23 AM

Feb 2008
R.I.P. OneManga :( The #1 Source for all manga. I hope that another website can live up to its standard.
Jul 24, 2010 3:31 AM

Feb 2009
That made me sooooo sad when I saw that announcement on OM...
R.I.P One Mange
The best ever :'(

Jul 24, 2010 3:33 AM
Dec 2009
hope that scanlations don't end though... that would be the end of the world!!!

(i download my manga :) )
Jul 24, 2010 3:42 AM

Jul 2006
teanut said:

I'll go out on a limb on this one and say
streaming >>> downloading
After a while, I started to get sick of hopping onto IRC just to get one chapter, and then logging off. Going back on, and then logging back off. (Mostly for single chapters)
It's great when you are DLing a whole volume, but it just gets tiresome after a while. And with streaming all of it is there for you.
(and then extracting files from the .rar)
Of course, nothing beats going online telling people you are better than them because you DL your stuff.

Most scanlators have their very own streaming section. I remember the guys that do Ippo and Berserk have their own, for example. Those will likely stay, it's those huge ass sites like mangafox, onemanga, etc..... that will go down. Any site that has a ridiculous amount of manga, basically.

Jul 24, 2010 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
_Me_ said:
HollywoodJustice said:
AssesOfFire said:

Fanboys like you should know their place. There is a golden rule for all anime/manga fans out there. Don't be a douche. Not only you guys are off topic, you are trying to incite a flame war. Grow up.

As for no onemanga, it's not an issue. If you really want to read a manga, you can always download it instead via the scanlator's site, and if it's licensed in your country, then buy them instead.
DocJangarlyJul 24, 2010 4:22 AM
Jul 24, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 2007
lovelyphantom said:
There is a petition being worked on to stop the ridiculious mess. I hope it works, after all remember that most didn't want us downloading music.

Awww, they took away low quality websites that would upload the scanlations without scanlator permission, lower the quality of images AND generate revenue from that? How bad! :< </sarcasm>

HollywoodJustice said:
AssesOfFire said:
Instead of wasting your last 5 days on the likes of generic shonen mangas like Narutoe or Wan Piss, read something that's actually good, like Pluto or any other awesome non-shonen manga.

Fix'd
AhenshihaelJul 24, 2010 4:22 AM
Jul 24, 2010 4:23 AM

Feb 2010
omg, that's really a bad news. There are many others mangas websites who also removed licensed/illegal scanlations.
Jul 24, 2010 4:51 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

Awww, they took away low quality websites that would upload the scanlations without scanlator permission, lower the quality of images AND generate revenue from that? How bad! :< </sarcasm>

indeed.

Onemanga has the worst quality manga out there..

they Resized and Compressed the manga images ...

glad they closed it
Jul 24, 2010 4:52 AM

Jun 2008
I don't use OneManga, so I don't really care. :/
Jul 24, 2010 4:56 AM

Nov 2008
Darn. I download the series that I read.. but I know how annoying it is to DL for those weekly updates and I need sites like onemanga for that. (unless I want to read the high quality ones, lol)

Oh guys, don't you think it'll be advantageous for us if we DL mangas? Imagine, I dOwnloaded the whole series of Ichigo 100% and Suzuka then burned them in a disc. When the time comes that there will be no sites to read or download them I can upload these copies again somewhere in the internet, others will do the same... and the endless cycle continues. :D

Jul 24, 2010 5:41 AM

Jul 2007
kiosy said:
Oh guys, don't you think it'll be advantageous for us if we DL mangas? Imagine, I dOwnloaded the whole series of Ichigo 100% and Suzuka then burned them in a disc. When the time comes that there will be no sites to read or download them I can upload these copies again somewhere in the internet, others will do the same... and the endless cycle continues. :D

Congratulations, you just found out what makes the internet tick.
Jul 24, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2010
i hate those people in animenewsnetwork who go "finally theyre taking it out"blablabla. Of course i hat the publishers a lot more for being faggots. Not all the thing in manga sites are scanalated exactly from english translated series. A lot of them are translated by fans themselves. Of course that has its ups and downs but the sheer fact that a lot of the series will be hard or will not have translation if those sites were not there. I'm not talking about Bleach or Naruto shit but more like the lesser popular or unlikely to be translated ones like Q and A (Mitsuru Adachi.. well he is a relatively popular mangaka so it would be most likeley translated but that would take years I'm pretty sure becaues Cross Game took ^yrs. to be recognized (after the anime came out)) or Dengeki Daisy (I heard it had begun to be liscenced but it took them almost 4 years to do so) or Yankee kun to Megane chan (still not liscenced for english translation) which already has like 100 chapters or To Love Ru (an SJ series in its own right yet I'm very doubtful this will get liscenced at all) or Aozora Yell(hey what the hell is that, a lot of people would ask)... Something like that I guess. I'm sure I've read more series which won't get a lot of publicity but I just hate those faggots who think this is AWESOME. It is not and Im pretty sure those publishers will get backlashed in the end wherein the popular series get more popular and the less popular series will get leass popular because of no publicity.

That was pretty long. I was probably mostly bitching but I love Onemanga so.. yeah.

:((
Jul 24, 2010 5:49 AM
Apr 2009
Sad news. I'm glad I read Black Lagoon volume 9 just in time. And some of you need to stop mentioning other manga sites. A little discretion would decrease the destruction (I hope).
Jul 24, 2010 6:12 AM
May 2010
SO SAD :(
Jul 24, 2010 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
well... at least I still have mangafox, stoptazmo and manga traders left ! Though OM was my favourite ! It has the best naruto scanlations. Now I'll have to read them on narutobase.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jul 24, 2010 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
SailorKagome said:
t has the best naruto scanlations. Now

wrong.
mangastream.com ftw.
i dont understand how can anyone read those resized/compressed manga images on onemanga
Jul 24, 2010 6:32 AM
Jun 2010
Very dissapointed by this. Onemanga was my favorite site. It was also the only manga site I could use while laying down in bed with a PSP in hand :/
Jul 24, 2010 6:37 AM

Jul 2009
anuarbin said:
guess that what happen when you are too popular
i like onemanga since it work with fastest fox extension.
made manga reading as easy as scrolling down.
does anybody any other online manga reader with that feature?

Yea LOLZ ....

Iilia said:
kimatg said:
manga...fox... *cough*

My thoughts exactly.

Am i the only 1 or have mangafox start to take off some mangas.....

To...tally cap...tivated...*cough
Jul 24, 2010 6:47 AM

Jul 2009
awww...this sucks...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2010 6:57 AM
Apr 2009
They are not removing just illegal manga's they are removing everything except for the forum. Mangafox also removed licensed Manga's.

I'm using Manga Reader instead, loads much faster than One Manga.
Jul 24, 2010 7:01 AM

Jul 2008
Rofl, Slow news is Slow. They announced on their main site that they'd be going down 2 days ago :X Anyways, It sucks, but there will always be another site

Jul 24, 2010 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
Wintergreen said:
Damn it! I knew this would happen sooner rather than later, but still! I hoped I was just being paranoid. Makes me sick. Just like what happened with Mangahelpers. It was so great to be able to casually read manga at school on it. This is going to be an inconvenience, but maybe something good will come out of it? Urrr
I'll just have to work on my Japanese more than ever and keep buying manga in Japanese whenever I can afford it. I'm definitely not giving any money to people (especially companies) that translate manga into English. It's really sorry how many bad experiences I've had regarding such things, mainly with Tokyopop.

Either way, it's time to start downloading a bit more before everything hits the fan.
Basically this. Time to take out my textbooks again and start brushing up on my Japanese. I want to stop giving these shit cheapskates like Tokyopop any more of my money when I have the chance. Can't even do a satisfying release, I'd much rather have the original in my hands =/.
Jul 24, 2010 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
well this kinda sucks... though i never realy liked onemanga... always prefered mangafox... but if the manga companies want these places to shut down then maybe they should make it so we can actualy buy the manga's!!! i only read tthem online becuase i cant get them any other way, unless i want some outdated bleach and naruto i cant buy manga in my area...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 24, 2010 7:28 AM

Jun 2010
The rise of these popular manga sites for online reading (whether legal or illegal) also gave rise to many fandoms and popularity of a certain title all over the world. so I wonder if their "crusade" to shut down all these sites will help the popularity and sales of future manga titles. also, I wonder what are the rules of scanlating them to another language other than English, because basically they are targeting the English scanlations due to the licensing of such titles in English.

thoughts?
Jul 24, 2010 7:36 AM

Dec 2009
god, damnit
Jul 24, 2010 7:40 AM
Sep 2009
Onemanga is WEAK! Like they didnt know that what they are doing is illegal
Jul 24, 2010 7:44 AM
Sep 2009
aww man i still had tons of mangas to read!!!! wtf!! damn.......i dont trust other websites other than onemaga cause they dont give out viruses..... i still want to read more of the lesser unknown mangas!!!
"Boy, oh boy...The price of freedom is steep...Embrace your dreams...And...No matter what happens...Protect your honor...As SOLDIER! COME AND GET IT!!!"-Zack Fair-FF VII crisis core

Jul 24, 2010 8:43 AM
Oct 2009
:c
Jul 24, 2010 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
ahelo said:
i hate those people in animenewsnetwork who go "finally theyre taking it out"blablabla.
lol those ann faggots are the biggest jokes ever, fansubs and scalations are pretty much their very definition of the devil
Jul 24, 2010 9:02 AM

May 2008
Yup said:
OneManga is as useful as Mininova now.

2nded

I doubt this new 'business model' will be compatible with outer north-american countries.
Funny that there were no echoing complaints from the japanese...
Maybe the ComiCon didn't meet the expectations...
Jul 24, 2010 9:06 AM

May 2007
On the plus side, Square Enix is starting that site to read manga, and Yen Plus is going subscription online.

I believe the Square Enix one isn't region locked at least.

Sorry
My anime list
Jul 24, 2010 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
I'm so sick of hearing about this everywhere I go!
Jul 24, 2010 9:08 AM

Feb 2009
belatkuro said:

OneManga shutting down leaves me in despair.

I find it funny though, that they are still doing their "daily updates".
ah well. this shall turn into a mad scramble to finish reading Kamichama Karin before it's off...because I'm too lazy to go read it on MangaFox...
Jul 24, 2010 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Sad face : ( ...........
Jul 24, 2010 9:19 AM

May 2008
I knew this was going to happen, so I've been downloading manga like crazy.
http://mangaripper.wordpress.com/mangarippers/onemangaripper/
Download as much manga as you can :\
Jul 24, 2010 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
jesus christ... people that don't like OneManga or just don't care about the news:

get over it! it was a popular site, you're gonna hear about it no matter what. if you don't like it, just ignore it, jeez...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.