Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 22, 2012 12:08 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice episode actually, really like the story in this one! Especially the ending that was altered in his own brain!
RafaelDeJonghDec 22, 2012 12:11 PM
Dec 23, 2012 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
The two personality thing was really interesting. Loved this case. Also that bomb was damn unexpected.

Jan 1, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
Ye, it was a fake memory as the explosion didn't kill them.
Mar 25, 2013 10:49 AM
Aug 2011
TravSavage said:
DarkShards said:
How the hell did Major survive that explosion??? She must be pretty freakin durable!

Like was said before, it was a fake memory implanted into his brain. It never happened.

Yes but if that was a fake memory, it wouldn't mean that assasination was successful. Because they immediately departed the president guy. The guy wasn't even in the range of explosion. So, that doesn't make sense.
May 29, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
Two thing where totally unexpected in this episode.
1) The moment when you thought that he stabbed the minister then i turns out that Major stopped him.
2) That explosion was so sudden that it scared the shit out of me.

With that said it was an enjoyable episode.
May 31, 2013 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
naniiiiiiii
Jun 17, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode with a plot that manages to impress and give the pathos in the final episode, narrative back on the tracks of cyberpunk, with a theory not so fanciful. Dialogues fine this time too.
Design which leaves a little to be desired, too bad!
Dec 13, 2013 6:16 AM

May 2011
GITS has once again impress us with the technology. Memory-mixing...woah. And really liked how effective Section 9 operates. Immediately implanting false memories into the assassin...just great. Somehow reminds me of GetBackers. Jagan (evil eye) by Midou Ban,"Just ippun! ii yume mita?"
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 24, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
That was a well planed assassination. The Major made a mistake by not totaly restraining him. It could have been a lot worse.

When I saw the knife, I was pretty sure the gun was a lure.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2014 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
And another great episode, I really loved this one especially the ending where they were overriding the memories because of the scifi feel it gave off.

minouneetzoe said:
That was a well planed assassination. The Major made a mistake by not totaly restraining him. It could have been a lot worse.

When I saw the knife, I was pretty sure the gun was a lure.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'making a mistake', there was no bomb, that was just a fake memory to make it seem like the assassination actually although in reality it failed.
Jun 11, 2014 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
An episode full of exciting twists. Really good plot, narrative that is unconnected with the theme principlae, but investigates another very interesting point of the human ego.
Drawing a little down, but anmazioni and discrete scenarios.
Nov 24, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
LOL, I got fucking punk'd
Nov 25, 2014 10:50 PM

Sep 2014
Omg, I was actually startled by the explosion. Thank goodness it was fake. XD

But 'dat flower bomb though
Feb 4, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
Oh wow that was pretty cool. I love how he baited them out with the sniper rifle bullet to make them thing he was doing a long range assassination, I've seen a film which did that too I believe :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, I was mildly surprised that he reached the minister with the knife, but the explosion freaked me out. That it was part of the implanted memory is the only logical explanation I see, but won't he realize the minister is still alive later? I don't see how that will work.

The addition of the father's memories to Yu's, affecting Yu's personality as a result, is an interesting plot point.

Perhaps these various possibilities that we're being introduced to will come back into play with the future complex episodes?
Apr 17, 2015 10:15 AM
Nov 2014
Explosion scared the crap out of me, but that was a pretty crazy assassination plan. ( Johan would have approved it tho )
Apr 24, 2015 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
Took me a while to notice that the explosion was the fake memory. I got that they implanted a successful assassination but they never outright claimed it was the blast. Was confused as to how everyone ninja'd themselves away.
Mar 13, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
How did they not die within that explosion? xD
Apr 8, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2015
That fake memory really threw me for a second. Wondered how they had all survived until they mentioned that.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Oct 2, 2016 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
Fake memories eh?
But can't they make it more clearer.. I thought the one in the hospital are Batou & Major because of the explosion
Well that was a nice explosion though xD

EXPLOSION!!! -Megumin
"Signature removed"
Oct 14, 2016 3:59 PM

Oct 2016
Ray_Light said:
Fake memories eh?
But can't they make it more clearer.. I thought the one in the hospital are Batou & Major because of the explosion
Well that was a nice explosion though xD

EXPLOSION!!! -Megumin

Haha yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was kinda worried there for a bit that the explosion hit the Major and Batou. I was relieved to find out the truth.
And yeah, EXPLOSION ^^
Jan 10, 2017 5:48 PM

Jan 2012
Another aramaki episode :)

Interestingly, I can see that being an issue in the future; having different selfs confused up in one body. Sad to hear whats happened to the kid, hopefully he wakea up as the son.
Apr 19, 2017 2:08 PM

May 2016
Hmmm that was unexpected I never thought that he will have another weapon.
Dec 1, 2017 5:38 PM

Apr 2017
nice episode and nice fake memories there.
What i find odd is that Section 9 lasted so long in figuring it out. It's not like them.
Major as always, saving the day
--------
May 21, 2018 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
Mostly uninteresting, nice explotion tho.
Dec 19, 2018 4:48 PM

Nov 2016
Explosion caught me off guard :O

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2, 2019 11:11 AM

Feb 2017
I feel like this stand-alone episode fell flat. It tried too much without sufficient explanation as to how the two minds combined. I know this show uses "sci-fi magic" as the reasoning for lots of stuff, but this time my suspension of disbelief was more strained than usual.
Jan 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty damn great episode! Maybe the best "traditional crime-like" episode yet.
observing a woman's body
Nov 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
The whole series is so painfully primitive.

First of all Motoko said that they used Yu's old memory and added a successful assassination to it. So there are two logical contradictions (like that one which broke android brain in episode with tachikomas) will be eventually come to Yu's mind: how the hell he is still alive after such an explosion and why his target didn't die officially. What is the point of restoring murderous attitude especially when Yu (his father, yes) wanted also reveal information about war crime or something? So author could add some additional story to his soap opera?

Second questionable thing is why the hell Yu used a knife with a such risk to be stopped when you need to actually run and so everyone see through your intentions? Even in Jojo Part 5 which was full of letdowns antagonist killed one of main characters by closing to him without any attention and suspicion.

Also there should be some limits to invisibility of Makoto, it's not even funny, even magical invisibility restricted by clothes, traces on the floor or puddle, also rain itself with its drops should be on her body (drops in the air).

Just awful.
LawgunNov 28, 2020 12:36 PM
Jan 29, 2021 4:13 AM

May 2018
Never underestimate Tsujisaki... my man wants revenge even if he 'dies' again wow
Jan 29, 2021 4:14 AM

May 2018
Gator said:
How did they not die within that explosion? xD

It was a fake memory implanted into his brain
Nov 23, 2022 7:01 PM
Oct 2017
This episode is really special for me because having two minds join and blend together was the question left at the ending of the original movie with the major and the puppet master. I was expecting the series would focus on this plot alone since there is a lot to think and explore which such concept, but well the series took a different turn and despite that I am still enjoying it.

"And where does the newborn go from here?"
Dec 7, 2022 1:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Took me a minute to realize that the explosion WAS the memory of Tsujisaki's "successful assassination" that they made.

Thought the sniper-fake-out was a smart move indeed, but I don't know why he had to leave the sniper there in the first place, as well as leaving the student of the uniform he stole there as well which would be super risky in tipping everyone off. Just don't bring the sniper at all, and acquire the uniform beforehand. If you could have a super long range sniper disassembled and sent via multiple separate packages, I'm sure you'd find the resources to get a hold of a simple uniform. Maybe, despite his drive to assassinate, Tsujisaki (or rather, his father, or both) WANTED to be stopped. He was definitely close to succeeding though. If I'm not mistaken, this would be the first time in this show where section 9 would've been beat.

Still honestly one of my favourite episodes yet; if not my most favourite. Would have to think on that one. Glad that these aren't just mindless thrillers, but also consist of a deeper look at our characters- particularly Aramaki, who gets another episode mainly focused on him. He does what has to be done; he doesn't let his feelings get in the way. They were both just "war buddies", after all.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

153 by MineFord_gurme »»
Apr 5, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 8, 2008

84 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 28, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

88 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

50 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

77 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.