Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 22, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
I dunno bought you fellas but I wouldn't invite a dude with cat-ear hair for lending me a back scratcher.
Jun 25, 2015 11:00 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, the soundtrack was weird. I don't know if there was a need to add the "humh humh" whenever they introduce a new character. The soundtracks drastically change the series' image.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 13, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
"People die with regrets when they live in a way that causes regrets."
Nov 19, 2015 1:35 AM

Oct 2014
holypoop said:
Th-th-th-th.. THAT CREEPY PSYCHO WITH THAT CREEPY FACE!! OMFG!! *hides under bed* WHYYY GOD WHYYYY DID YOU MAKE THAT SCARY LOOKING BOY?!

oh... my.. GOOOOD *screams*

he looks like michael jackson but with gollum's voice - SOMEONE KILL IT AHHH :O
Dec 11, 2015 6:59 PM

Nov 2015
This anime is slowwwwwwww, but every episode has some interesting stuff that keeps me on it =/

The village folks have very very very unique hair styles and please stop posting images of Masao. Holy hell, he's the creepiest anime character I have ever seen. It's cringe-worthy.
Dec 17, 2015 3:29 PM

Dec 2014
Slow start but this episode caught my interest. Please don't disappoint.
Jan 29, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
I'm really finding that Doctor likable , he should lecture in my university lol .
Also their hair style is really ugly duh .
Good episode .
Feb 20, 2016 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
great episode. Being friendly seems to be what is getting them killed.
Mar 26, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2015
Fai said:
magelet said:
I know what you mean about the art, that really put me off of the first episode, especially since I hadn't read the manga at that point. >>

Art is great actually...

its just adapted REAL BADLY

Compare the very last ("ill visit you") scene of this episode with this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Shiki/2/58/

anime team just slapped shadow on half of his face and finished with it -.-

uh no. even if the art was good the hair on the characters; is unforgivable.
-----
that masao bro is creepy and maybe even uglier than he is creepy. or maybe it's his ugliness making him even creepier idunno.

also

also another also

TomDayMar 26, 2016 3:48 PM
Apr 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Creepy episode.
More deaths and weird characters.

Liking the atmosphere though.
Jun 1, 2016 1:44 PM
Jun 2016
Kantarou said:
Yuck, here comes Masao, my most hated character in Shiki next to Megumi. They're both intolerable little shits.

I'm not realyl seeing how people find this show slow, seems perfectly fine to me. Then again, I must be one of the few who watched Zettai Shonen completely and loved it so, it's hard for me to call something slow...

In terms of the art, my only gripe is the shading they gave to the Kirishiki women's eyes. I think the manga's pure black eyes are much better and give a much creepier feel, kinda like staring into a skull. Here they look like they're bugs.
. I gotta say, to each his own but I literally cannot for the life of me see how anyone could not be bored to death with this show. It's so slow that it's almost literally the exact same thing in every single episode up to the double digits. I mean, someone you maybe kinda care about, but barely know dies and the Dr is confused, lol. That's it, that's all that happens. I somehow made it to the 9th episode before fast forwarding. I've never stuck with a show I absolutely disliked so much until this one. All because of all the great things I heard about it and how it's all worth it. But all that happens with episode 18 is stuff actually starts happening. That's it. There was like that one part with that one wife(not trying to do spoilers) a few episodes before this that was interesting, but it didn't make up for hours and hours of repitition. And it's funny cuz I actually liked the art lol. I thought it was different and interesting. But yeah, I really don't get it, usually I can at least see why someone might like a show I don't, but not in this case, at all..oh btw yes, i did think the whole 'who are the real monsters here' thing is extremely well done, just took so long to get to. I think they should've shortened this thing by half in the least and it would've been better.
Aug 11, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2015
This guy is much more creepier than the monsters.

wtf
Oct 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
I completely forgot about Masao....ARGH!

I guess everyone forgot vampire rule 3.
Jan 27, 2017 5:28 PM
Mar 2016
Masao is the creepiest character. His face screams "I'm going to murder you in your sleep and keep the body because I hate you. I hope you enjoy the fact that I'm a necrophilliac".

This show is slow, but, I can see that it is going to go somewhere, it all is a matter of time
Jan 28, 2017 3:59 AM

Aug 2016
Of course Nao-san ended up dead, this doctor is shit....
blood test and EKG is good, but ultrasond and CAT scan??
He knows she has anemia, how about blood transfusion 1st??
and
What's wrong with that emo gay kid, lol
Feb 20, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2014
I love Masao, such a freaking weirdo! Yet he it was fun to watch him on screen.

I really like the solid and unique art style. It is very consistent and different to look at :)

@Fried_Potato I've actually been curious as to why he hasn't done a blood transfusion. A CAT scan and an ultrasound help see the internal body without having to cut it up, so I think there is merit in trying it out. I mean he did say there hasn't been external signs of loss of blood, so checking inside the body is a good place to start. I actually had an ultrasound done on my heart before, because I have high bp.
GokuFeb 20, 2017 9:31 PM
Feb 21, 2017 6:18 PM

Aug 2016
@goku Well its true CAT and ultrasound can help to investigate the cause.

but in this case the patient is too weak to undergo diagnostic testing. The doctor should treat and save the life of the patient first and putting the diagnosis and cause of the problem later. The diagnosis and cause of the illness can be investigated later when the patient is stable
Feb 21, 2017 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
Fried_Potato said:
@goku Well its true CAT and ultrasound can help to investigate the cause.

but in this case the patient is too weak to undergo diagnostic testing. The doctor should treat and save the life of the patient first and putting the diagnosis and cause of the problem later. The diagnosis and cause of the illness can be investigated later when the patient is stable

You're right about having to make sure the patient is stable. Yet he didn't know where to start. Although like you said, it should've been obvious that he should treat the anemia with a blood transfusion since that is an obvious symptom.

The way I see it though is, since he had no idea how to get the patient to be stable (obviously should have tried a blood transfusion) and the patient had no signs of external problems. He would then see if something was wrong internally.

My argument is flawed though, because you can just skip treating a symptom. However, if he didn't know what to do it is valid to check the inside of the body. Do you get where I'm coming from?
Mar 19, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
I am enjoying the show so far but the characters' hairstyles are just awful for the most part.
:)
Apr 11, 2017 8:12 PM

Apr 2014
please kill off Masao next. please....i cannot handle his character design and personality. he reminds me of the insanely creepy frog guy from that one bike anime (if anyone knows what i'm talking about lol)

okay i'm getting really irritated with anti-gravity hair and watermelon boobs. gonna just ignore the hideous outfits, but the rest is barely tolerable.

this is probably the most pain i've ever felt from the art in anime

also, is no one in the anime going to point out the lifeless black eyes some characters have??? like is no one going to notice the difference?
belovingApr 11, 2017 8:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
owlpoop said:
okay i'm getting really irritated with anti-gravity hair and watermelon boobs. gonna just ignore the hideous outfits, but the rest is barely tolerable.

this is probably the most pain i've ever felt from the art in anime

also, is no one in the anime going to point out the lifeless black eyes some characters have??? like is no one going to notice the difference?

lolllll I thought the same thing about their eyes, unless the vampires have maybe cast some kind of alteration spell where they look normal to other people, but we're seeing their ~real~ eyes or whatever... that's the only explanation I can think of because if a person with huge black holes for eyes started talking about how they would come back to my house someday soon I'd be calling the cops...

With that said though the scene with Masao being a creepy weirdo to his sister-in-law has been the creepiest thing in the show so far!

And yeah the art style is really something lmao, I thought I might get used to it but it seems that every episode just introduces more and more annoying hair!!
Apr 22, 2019 5:43 AM

Dec 2013
Woahhh. I dislike Natsuo but that Masao kid is definitely creepy. Please don't touch Tohru!!!!! Leave him alone villains from Kanemasa.

Sunako chan is really something huh

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 1:47 PM

May 2008
what the heck is that.... THING? It's so creepy too...

Fried_Potato said:
Of course Nao-san ended up dead, this doctor is shit....
blood test and EKG is good, but ultrasond and CAT scan??
He knows she has anemia, how about blood transfusion 1st??

Exactly what has been frustrating me so far.[ quote=Goku message=49752010]The way I see it though is, since he had no idea how to get the patient to be stable (obviously should have tried a blood transfusion) and the patient had no signs of external problems. He would then see if something was wrong internally.

My argument is flawed though, because you can just skip treating a symptom. However, if he didn't know what to do it is valid to check the inside of the body. Do you get where I'm coming from?[/quote]

He already stated there was no bleeding internally. The only red flag in the test was the sudden large amount of red blood cell loss. At that point, anyone, doctor or no, would have said "blood transfusion" then tried to see what would happened next. Blood transfusion is textbook at this point.

I could get if there was an explanation (too expensive or something), but the fact it literally hasn't come up once is really ruining the show. It's obvious if they do go that route, there would be no "mystery".
Oct 3, 2019 2:15 PM

Jan 2016
What the heck is up with Masao? He's acting so weeiirddd.
AND OMMGG IN THAT FLASHBACK WHEN HE WAS A KID WAS SO CREEEEEPY.

God, those hill people are fucking creepy. Their eyes are creepy.

It's like every character thats nice to them dies too.
Dec 10, 2019 2:41 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't get behind how every little thing in this Anime looks sketchy. Ozaki is probably the safest sounding person in that village. It's their attitude, their randomness... their eyes, so creepy for these people to co-exist in this peaceful-looking village.
Jul 24, 2020 10:57 PM
Aug 2016
I think the point is you cannot say anything relate to "invite them to your house", its like a password to your blood...

And I think their eyes looked normal when they interact with villagers, its only drawn this way to tell us they are obviously the questionables.
Nov 24, 2020 10:45 PM

Dec 2018
wtf is wrong with masao kun?
also, what on earth happened to this guy's hair lmao
Apr 17, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2018
Obviously a vampire story.

I relate to Nasuno a lot .Finally a smart cynical guy , but not too overpowered and with realistic mindset.

Not really creepy , because so far it's too predictable.
I hate everyone equally
Jun 2, 2021 2:31 PM

Jan 2020
Lol, the first few seconds of the opening makes me laugh every time, AAAAIIIIISHIIIII

It seems Yuuki has been infected.

Just when will someone ask anything about the Kirishiki's eyes?
Nov 30, 2021 1:32 PM

Mar 2019
No way those are insect bites, the doctor keeps getting better and better, he's so good. The death eyes little girl finally appeared, but I expected it to be scarier.

Also are the black eyes just an aesthetic feature? Because apparently to everyone in that village it seems normal.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 23, 2022 9:41 AM
Nov 2020
the OST is so good brooo
Feb 3, 2022 7:10 AM
Dec 2019
MinTsubasa said:
I think the point is you cannot say anything relate to "invite them to your house", its like a password to your blood...

And I think their eyes looked normal when they interact with villagers, its only drawn this way to tell us they are obviously the questionables.

Yeah i think that too!!
Sep 8, 2023 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
Chizuko is so cute for a mom. I will screw her!
Nov 19, 2023 2:39 PM

Jul 2016
I would rather be in a room alone with one of those vampires than even share space with this Masao weirdo.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.