Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
I don't even know what to say. I'm just sad... I loved this series. It made you feel real life feelings. Just an amazing show like no other I've ever seen.
Feb 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2011
I really wish 4chan didnt spoil the fucking ending as part of the faq.

Oh well, it was still pretty good even though I knew he was going to die for like 4 years up until I actually watched the series today.
Feb 8, 2014 12:08 AM

May 2013
Lol what a joke? Not only did he die, but annie, and julia, and the syndicate guy that was helping him all DIED for him then he ends up DYING after he has 3 deaths on his hand. He should've just ran away with julia and lived happily.. Nope he stays and she stasy with him to die, after that poor lady gets shot trying to lie for him - followed up by the syndicate dude taking shots for him. WOW. How depressing. Doesn't even show how faye and the captain of the ship react - or how they'd react to his death. The worst part is that they waited for the last episode for him to meet julie and she dies the same day rofl.

Anyways good series I guess - unique.
Just a disgusting ending.
Feb 11, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
Solkiskey said:
This show had amazing episodes but a few boring ones, however, the ending was absolutely perfect. One of the best anime I've seen, that's for sure.
9/10

sunrise is really good at creating epic ending with
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 16, 2014 8:01 AM
Feb 2014
New fan of the series, just watched the final episode and I'm completely speechless.

Never thought I'd like this series because I was one of the people saying this was the most overrated Anime ever but after watching all 26 episodes, I can safely say this entire show is a masterpiece and one of my favourite series of all time!

Everything came together perfectly and each episode felt unique and relevant; even with the episodic format. Spike Spiegel is my favourite character of all time and his eventual fate was the only scene in a TV Series that brought tears to my eyes, just beautiful! The symbolism and foreshadowing made it expected but at the same time, the way his character developed, it made the finale unpredictable as well which made it the perfect way to end.

This Anime Legend literally went out with a "Bang!". See you Space Cowboy...
Mar 12, 2014 7:00 PM
Jul 2013
A totally wonderful episode in all aspects: scripts, action, emotion, sentiment, romance, pain and loss. The Ending has a tender lyrics and a nice melody and the end of the episode, but it was sad to see the face of Spyke was great, died a hero.

Honestly, this series not having a continuous history certainly was entertaining content without disappointments or exceptions. So excellent series.
Mar 16, 2014 3:50 AM
Feb 2014
Bang
not sure if this is a happy ending or sad ending
Kinda disappointed though, they could've at least showed how faye, jet, ed and ein got on with there lives in the last few minutes and then dedicated the last few seconds to the star going out.
I only read books i have already read
Mar 16, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
dammit spike... :[
Apr 10, 2014 7:07 AM
Oct 2013
damn, I loved this episode, I love when main character dies, I loved it so much I just had to be with gentle smile on my face and deep eyes after Spike went out with a Bang! But I'm not yet sure I'll give it 9 or 10 out of 10 for anime itself, where was some boring episodes in the middle and episodic style isn't something I like.
Apr 16, 2014 12:48 PM
Apr 2013
I went from wanting to give the series a 10 at the start of it, to a 9 around the middle. Now, after finishing, I don't know if I want to give it an 8.

All fillerish episodes aside, the ending left a lot to be desired. What bugs me the most is the way Faye is cast aside at the end, with no resolution to her character. Likely outcome is her wasting her life away gambling or just ending it all.

Action was cool and all, but it felt very rushed.

Sigh... my thoughts aren't together right now as I literally just finished it, but I can say I cried a when Ed and Ein left and not at all when the series ended.
Apr 30, 2014 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
This anime is great, but the episodic nature and filler really brings the score down for me. If the whole anime was like the last two eps (and maybe backstory-heavy eps) I would've liked it more.
Jun 12, 2014 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
Great ending to such a great series. I can see why people call this a timeless classic. The feels are real.
Jun 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
I still think Cowboy Bebop is overrated, but... damn. I liked this a lot. I really expected Spike to come out alive... ;_; ugh

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 13, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, this episode was really good. The ending fits the anime perfectly.
That "Bang" was epic
Jul 15, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Tenouttaten. Rest in peace, Space Cowboy.
Jul 17, 2014 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
What. Didn't expect that at all....
People dropping like flies.
Anyways, first ~~18 eps were kinda meh (with maybe 2 good eps) but last 8 were amazing. 7,5/10

djinn_690 said:
personally i think the ending would have been better if he lived. and lived happly ever after with faye.

PremiumCascade said:
Bang
Kinda disappointed though, they could've at least showed how faye, jet, ed and ein got on with there lives in the last few minutes and then dedicated the last few seconds to the star going out.
Jul 17, 2014 8:58 AM

Jun 2010
PremiumCascade said:

Use your imagination
Jul 18, 2014 3:26 AM

Oct 2013
so conspiracy
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 21, 2014 1:00 AM
Jul 2013
Great anime, one of the greatest of all time. Put this off for a long while, but glad I got around to finishing it.
Jul 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
Absolutely amazing. What else can I say?
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 27, 2014 12:03 AM
Apr 2013
Great ending.

The overall series for me was semi lackluster after hearing so much about it and it being dubbed the greatest anime of all time by many. I'd say that may have been the case back in the early 2000's but I'm not sure it is now.

I preferred Samurai Champloo and several other popular anime over this series. That said, I did still thoroughly enjoy most parts of this series.

I give it somewhere between an 8/10 - 9/10. However the final few episodes were definitely masterpiece material.
Jul 28, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2010
http://markwatches.net/reviews/2013/03/mark-watches-cowboy-bebop-session-26-the-real-folk-blues-part-2/

I think this article sums up my feelings for this ending pretty well
Aug 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Jul 2012
This series is just amazing, and the last episode, with that ending is just a perfect fit. A masterpiece in every way
Aug 10, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2011
Bang.

Aug 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
I just re-watched this a month ago, truly a classic :D
Aug 22, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
out of all 26 episodes I can count with one hand how many episodes were serious and action packed like this and that is the reason this ending is anti-climatic. If at least the last 5 episodes were focused in this arc then I would've enjoyed this a lot more. I just don't like the combination of the episodes. And what happened to Ed? and Jet and Faye? A little epilogue should've been there. Anyways I rate this 7/10 because a few epic episodes won't suffice and it can't overwhelm the majority of dull and boring ones.
Aug 22, 2014 7:07 AM
May 2013
PrimeX said:
out of all 26 episodes I can count with one hand how many episodes were serious and action packed like this and that is the reason this ending is anti-climatic. If at least the last 5 episodes were focused in this arc then I would've enjoyed this a lot more. I just don't like the combination of the episodes. And what happened to Ed? and Jet and Faye? A little epilogue should've been there. Anyways I rate this 7/10 because a few epic episodes won't suffice and it can't overwhelm the majority of dull and boring ones.

So true.

I've seen this ages ago on TV and I disliked/hated it (I can't remember) , but re-watching it improved my opinion about it .
Aug 29, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
PrimeX said:

It's really cute to see someone who thinks they know good stories when they like HOTD, SAO, and School Days
Aug 30, 2014 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
Don't complaint about episodic style/fillers because ii enjoyed it.
but the serius arc and ending didn't gave me any impact.
It's just end.
Even Aria origination ending is darker than this.

Aug 31, 2014 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
soundwef said:
Gave Inyuyasha and Lucky Star an 8, Darker Than Black 2 a 9 and Bebop a 7

I sure do love it when people with shitty tastes try to criticize a critically acclaimed anime. It's like watching a Greg's Anatomy fan call Breaking Bad or Dexter overrated, it's just adorable
SolidPayneOct 7, 2014 10:19 PM
Aug 31, 2014 5:56 AM

Dec 2012
SpikeJet2736 said:
soundwef said:
Gave Inyuyasha and Lucky Star an 8, Darker Than Black 2 a 9 and Bebop a 7

I sure do love it when people with shitty tastes try to criticize a critically acclaimed anime. It's like watching a Greg's Anatomy fan call Breaking Bad or Dextor overrated, it's just adorable

You are just pretentious. stalking other's list and Insult them is not cool.
bye~

Aug 31, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
I want an alternative ending.

Aug 31, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
soundwef said:
SpikeJet2736 said:

I sure do love it when people with shitty tastes try to criticize a critically acclaimed anime. It's like watching a Greg's Anatomy fan call Breaking Bad or Dextor overrated, it's just adorable

You are just pretentious. stalking other's list and Insult them is not cool.
bye~

I'm stalking you because I looked at your public anime list that anybody can see. Sure that makes perfect sense and how the fuck do you stalk someone's list anyway?
Sep 1, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2014
This is my very first comment through the whole MAL, and I gotta say its worth to start it here. At first the series didn't catch my attention thus i dropped it, but later on I carried on watching it, and all i gotta say is wow. This is the very first time when an anime seemingly makes me bored at first glance and then it becomes breathtaking and tear shedding. I loved the music in the anime and the fact that there isn't a happy ending is truly bearable In my opinion. I loved this anime even if not from the first episode. I ultimately rated it a 9 out of 10.
Sep 1, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2014
Just finished watching this after I kept hearing that this was a classic. And maybe that's where I messed up. I had such high expectations since I kept hearing that this show is a masterpiece that I was expecting to be blown away. But alas, I wasn't. Granted, maybe when I rewatch it, I'll understand it better because that was the case with Psycho-Pass. But I will give Cowboy Bebop this: despite it's episodic nature, it never bored me.

The character back stories were my favorite part of the series. Much feels to my favorite character Jet. I didn't like Faye for the most part, but she rubbed off on me in the end. I wish I got to know Ed besides she being a hyper-active hacker. It seems like everyone in Bebop developed except for Spike. He was still stuck in the past and couldn't let go. This episode, to me, was his first step in development in terms of trying to move on and he dies(?) in the process.

Overall, I give Cowboy Bebop and 8/10 with plans to rewatch it a few years down the road to maybe understand it better.
Sep 4, 2014 11:00 PM
Oct 2012
ReignSixx said:
Just finished watching this after I kept hearing that this was a classic. And maybe that's where I messed up. I had such high expectations since I kept hearing that this show is a masterpiece that I was expecting to be blown away. But alas, I wasn't. Granted, maybe when I rewatch it, I'll understand it better because that was the case with Psycho-Pass. But I will give Cowboy Bebop this: despite it's episodic nature, it never bored me.

The character back stories were my favorite part of the series. Much feels to my favorite character Jet. I didn't like Faye for the most part, but she rubbed off on me in the end. I wish I got to know Ed besides she being a hyper-active hacker. It seems like everyone in Bebop developed except for Spike. He was still stuck in the past and couldn't let go. This episode, to me, was his first step in development in terms of trying to move on and he dies(?) in the process.

Overall, I give Cowboy Bebop and 8/10 with plans to rewatch it a few years down the road to maybe understand it better.

Re-watching this show has given me a lot of real life vibes. I watched it when I was eighteen and found more meaning than I did the first time.

Mostly how Faye represents troubled females or those that leave the house and doesn't give a hint to when she'll come back or if she's in danger.

My sister does that and it strikes close to home. Also snobbish and bratty, believing women own more priority than men. i can understand her beliefs and actions. And her character development regarding her past and the video tape was downright Heartbreaking that my heart shattered and I felt every word that was uttered. I couldn't ignore the pain cause it was too close to home and other adults who must feel the same and asks what happened along the way?

Don't forget some symbolism and small things that might be useless serving more than a allegory.
Sep 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2010
ReignSixx said:

Cowboy Bebop is definitely one of those shows that gets better the more times you watch it. When you watch it again, you notice all the small little details you didn't noticed before. People say Asteroid Blues is one of the weaker ones but I completely disagree, I think it's one of the best in the series especially after you watch The Real Folk Blues
Sep 15, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2013
This is a great ending. But to me would be better if Jet and Faye came to the rescue after the "bang" and after a small coma he would live happelly with Faye andwith the resct of the crew (and Ed and the dog returned too). But thats just me.But still great ending and amazing series. What i didnt like was to see what happened after with Jet and Faye.
Sep 15, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
Viriathus said:
This is a great ending. But to me would be better if Jet and Faye came to the rescue after the "bang" and after a small coma he would live happelly with Faye andwith the resct of the crew (and Ed and the dog returned too)

That would have completely ruined the impact the last 3 episodes had
Sep 17, 2014 1:59 AM

Jun 2014
I just loved the story. I didn't really like how only a few episodes actually covered the real story, which made me lose my interest halfway. But man, am I glad I finished it. This must be about the best ending I've seen in my entire life and I've left quite some movies and games behind me (pretty new to anime though).

If only a few more episodes would have been more serious, then this would have gotten a solid 10.

Overall, it's like saying farewell to a best friend. Farewell Spike, Jet, Faye, Ed and Ein...
Sep 18, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Death scenes. Death scenes everywhere. Faye stop shooting holes in the ship!

Did Spike just die? It was kind of unclear. Poor Jet. The last thing they did together was forced laughter.
Sep 20, 2014 12:46 AM
Aug 2014
That ending was so good. 70% of episodes didn't really appeal to me. 3-4 episodes are probably a 6-7 for me. Rest of the 70% an 8-8.5. But episode 12,13 and the last few episodes just pulled the entire series overall to a 10. It was just so well executed.

That ending gave me epic chills, just like the ending of episode 13, and code geass. Holy crap.
Sep 25, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2010
El_Aniki95 said:
I just loved the story. I didn't really like how only a few episodes actually covered the real story, which made me lose my interest halfway. But man, am I glad I finished it. This must be about the best ending I've seen in my entire life and I've left quite some movies and games behind me (pretty new to anime though).

If only a few more episodes would have been more serious, then this would have gotten a solid 10.

Overall, it's like saying farewell to a best friend. Farewell Spike, Jet, Faye, Ed and Ein...

Sessons 1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26. That's more than half of the show, seems plenty serious to me
Sep 29, 2014 2:51 PM
Jun 2014
This episode (and anime overall) was simply flawless. All in Cowboy Bebop is perfect, OST, Art, Chara-Design, Background, Story... can't believe this masterpiece have already 20 years.

See you, Space Cowboy !
Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2013
Oct 7, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
Great finale.

Overall a solid anime, 7/10.
f42f21f24aOct 7, 2014 3:55 PM
Oct 14, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
I believe Spike actually died in the first episode (church shoot out before meeting up with Julia) and every other episode after was just a post life dream of his, including Jet, Faye, Ed, Ein and the others. This was slightly hinted through out the series.

A more desirable plot though is everything was real ('coz I'm sort of in love with Faye's character) and he died in the end, or slept indefinitely. Or dreamt further (maybe actually becoming Dandy kek!).

damn. Watanabe's finest.
Oct 19, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, amazing ending.

RIP Spike, 10/10 from me.
Oct 20, 2014 3:33 AM
Sep 2013
Do you guys suspect that had Spike lived, he and Faye would have eventually become an item? That's the vibe I get from Faye's behavior toward the end.
Oct 26, 2014 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
An amazing anime and an amazing ending! I cried so much when Spike died but I thought this was a good ending for this series because it fits to the story. Even though Watanabe said in one of his interviews that it depends on the viewers if Spike is dead or not. He also said he thinks viewers who thought Spike is sleeping instead of being dead are probably right so Spike might not be dead. I really enjoyed the series :D
sumire-Dec 18, 2014 12:05 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Apr 15, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

206 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 7, 2008

141 by nikola_xh »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.