Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2010
It literally ended with a Bang. I really enjoyed to see a difference from a lot of anime where the good guy uses the sword and the bad guy has a gun.
I have to say Spike death was sad but I believe it was his choice. I could even add even Vicious wanted to die in that istant.
A classic.
10/10.
Mar 18, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2007
Great way to end.
I remember watching almost every episode besides the two part finale.
I have no idea how I've never run into the spoiler of Spike dying? That's really odd considering how many years it has been out but... I'm glad I wasn't spoiled. I was able to watch it with virgin eyes, heheh.

I really enjoyed this anime.
The characters are perfect.
I enjoyed almost every episode. Since there were a couple that I didn't care for, I'll have to take a point off but... overall, I can't question its Classic status.
9/10

Mar 20, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
just 2 Words : Epic Serie..
Mar 31, 2013 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
Not much to say here, a masterpiece from every aspect, both the finale and the show as a whole. One of the best anime ever in my eyes.

~See you, Space Cowboy.
~SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY
Apr 3, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2009
Definitely top grade Anime right here. As far as the story is concerned I like it, the series never gave off that "epic adventure" vibe in the first place and was more concerned with exciting the audience then putting them on a emotion roller coaster. On that note it was flawless.

I think if people are looking for more story in depth plot then they would probably try something else, but if they want something raw and exciting then this is definitely the show to watch.
Apr 7, 2013 10:18 AM

Mar 2012
Damn. What an ending. It wasn't perfect, but they couldn't have made that better in any other way. 9.5/10
Apr 11, 2013 6:49 PM
Mar 2013
Such a sad ending to a brilliant anime.

The last scene where Spike infiltrated the Red Dragon building reminded me of the Matrix, haha!

Shame Ed and Ein went. Faye is probably going to leave after the death of Spike. Poor Jet, he'll be on his own.
It's so sad ):

On a more positive note 10/10. An absolutely flippin' amazing anime, great fight scenes, great plot.
Apr 15, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
Fitting ending.. However difficult your past you can never run away from it, you have to turn back and face it sometime.. And continue living if you come out on top (like Faye did..)

I couldnt think of any other way this could have ended. Spike not going there? Just run away? His past would catch up again eventually..

The music perfect as always. Damn , after watching this anime im really gonna have high standards in my anime music from now on :D

Truly a masterpiece, it has a little bit of all, humor drama mystery fights... I can see why its a classic.
See you space cowboy...
Apr 18, 2013 5:06 PM
Dec 2012
There really couldn't be a line more deeper in anime than "bang". Perfect line to finish a nigh-masterpiece.
Apr 19, 2013 3:40 PM

Sep 2010
I am always little sceptic about things that are prised, But here at the last episode I could only say wow, it was incredilbe anime. It deserve all good things that are told about it and in the end nothing express how epic this anime is.
Apr 29, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
*BANG*
Apr 30, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2010
It's over.

"
Spike: I hate that story.
Jet: Huh?
Spike: I never liked cats, you know that.
"

He might hate cats but it's not a actual reason obviously.
This story implies his fate. This story is too poignant for him to get over.
The Cat That Lived a Million Times (full text)
May 2, 2013 6:38 PM
Oct 2012
This anime deserves to be a classic. The ending was perfect. It's sad to admit, but I'm satisfied with Spike's death, even though I loved him =
The cat story.. I think that Spike clearly said that LOVE was the only reason that a man could find to live.
See you space cowboy...
May 4, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
Wow... Just finished the show. Absolutely speechless. 10/10
May 13, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
This is the only anime that's ever left me with an empty feeling after completing the series. I had such a mix of emotions watching this episode, I'd call it being 'euphorically depressed'. Spike Spiegel, one of the best characters ever created, of course he had to have a tragic end. This is and always will be my favourite anime, everything about it is incredible, I can't fault it.

Oh and
RDWMay 13, 2013 5:44 PM
May 23, 2013 10:06 AM
May 2013
Animaniac123 said:
Justt completed this. I think it's a good anime, but some of the episodes were kinda boring. Best ending ever? Meh. Great soundtrack though.

Agreed. I don't think episodic anime is for me. I loved the soundtrack and the characters but it didn't really hold my interest. Just a matter of personal taste I guess. I gave Bebop 7/10 overall, although the last episode was an 8 if not a 9.
May 23, 2013 10:42 AM
Dec 2012
danc93 said:

Agreed. I don't think episodic anime is for me. I loved the soundtrack and the characters but it didn't really hold my interest. Just a matter of personal taste I guess. I gave Bebop 7/10 overall, although the last episode was an 8 if not a 9.

Yeah, it's like a sci-fi version of Lupin III that was also episodic.

I remember I liked the art of the OP, which felt like homage to 60s and 70s action films such as early Bond series.
Jun 6, 2013 4:41 PM
Aug 2012
one of the best episodes of the series tho it wasn't a masterpiece there is a huge amount of gap of time missing that the viewer needs to feel anything for julia and there was the missing information about spike and vicious's packed the ill be the one to kill you thing also the history between julia and spike is missing so when she died there was no sense to feel upset which is terriblewhen its meant to have impact it was kinda silly for them to put the last arc in to jst 2 episodes and not explore the backstory for example lin and shin there backstories where either a sentence or a maybe 1 frame in a flash back prtty crap tbh there was no general direction to the anime for most of the prior 24 episodes being episodical i thought perhaps it wld have been a much longer story ed was the best character as she had the most personallity of wat little she is in i think there is only in 2 episodes where shes nothing more than a support character and maybe has a couple minutes of screen time i dont feel that there is much difference watching this then other series other than the setting which isnt a big thing cowboys in space lol its not something that sounds outrageous. seeing as i didnt see this when it aired i cant say that it was not ground breaking but after watching it now its not that special.
i can imagine many people will rage at what ive written if u cld elaborate on the missing story it wld help.
overall i gave it a seven simply because it was fun and there where some gd jokes.
the person whos character is the main body of this anime is actually faye i wld say that she is a second protagonist the only reason spike is cause he has most screen time mostly of him smoking doing much of nothing
Jun 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
I actually thought it was incredible how Julia isn't a character until the very end, but she remains present in our mind as a symbol of his past. I wouldn't want that to be changed.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 3, 2013 2:35 AM
Jun 2013
Ok. I did enjoy the show and I really think the the end with Spike's dead could not have been better, the personalities of all characters are great, and I definitely loved Ed... Nevertheless, when I realize that the serie is over, I can't stop feeling some kind of displeasure, I mean, I was hoping much more development in the past of all the characters, I know we are supposed to infer or deduce things like, he was a former member of Red Dragon Criminal Organization, that he was Best Friend of Vicious, the boyfriend of Julia, and somehow ended falling for Julia and fucking her, and he asked her to elope together, but Vicious threatened her and she betrayed Spike, maybe by her love for him, for her doubts or because she is simply a woman, we all know how random you are, girls... ¬¬ He, with the help of the mob guy that Vicios Killed in the very beginning of the serie, I guess, manage to fake his dead to escape with her, but She never showed up and broke his heart, he was pseudo-killed back then. Well those are the things I ment. They were showed up in a couple of flashes but still, I feel that there is too much for explain, like his right eye, things about Faye past, about Ed's past, even with Ein, I would like to see and know more about that god damn dog xD... Furthermore, I know that your best friend fucking the woman you love is enough reason to Vicious for wanting to kill everyone and losing the care for people and even the life, and giving him the desire to take control over the universe because he lost all hope in humans, women, friends or love, but... Dispite knowing all that... I still feel that there is something really important missing, I found him boring, excessively simple... and not just one thing... there are somethings lacking... that is why I do not mark CB as a masterpiece, like I consider some other, but still, the very end could not have been better, perfect , but the middle... I would double dare to say... INCONSISTENT. Yeap, that is the right word... They could have taken off a lot of side histories that were pointless and give more complexity or fundaments prior the end. They should have taken away this taste of dissapointment I feel.

But I insist the end 10/10, but the development... 6/10. Enjoyable, but not perfect, not a master piece.

BTW: I speak spanish and right now I am learning english, so forgive my errors becasuse I guess that I wrote a few, and correct me if I am wrong in something. Thank you.
Jul 14, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
15 years late but I finished it, and man was it bewildering! Anime that can hold the test of time is the best type of anime if you ask me. From the music to the animation everything still sounds and looks beautiful! Just the sound track alone makes watching this anime worth it, truly amazing how impact-full music is in anime especially in Cowboy Bebop. Every episode left me begging for more, each had such deep meaning in my opinion, whether it was tackling religion or testing friendships it all had such a impact on me.

The characters are all very memorable, and lovable as well. My favorite episode/character had to be the one with Tongpu, ''Hello, boy'' is the one line that stuck with me throughout the whole series. Such a simple line yet it was delivered flawlessly! That look on Spikes face was priceless, it felt like he looked right into the reapers eyes.

I now understand why everyone loves this anime and why even people that don't watch anime at all say ''Cowboy Bebop was the best''. Proud to have this one checked off the list. 9/10

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Jul 17, 2013 5:09 AM

Mar 2013
This is indeed a great anime !

I skipped this anime a few times (whether to download or not) because of 1) The tittle "Cowboy Bebop" which is quite misleading. 2) It is an 1998 anime..and i am glad i actually tried a few episode and eventually marathon it until the end !
Aug 14, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2010
Thank God my discrimination against old anime didnt lead me away from this show 10/10
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 17, 2013 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
Aug 19, 2013 11:10 AM
Jul 2013
An amazing anime overall. moved me to tears
Sep 8, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man, what an amazing way to end the series! I kinda want more than 26 episodes, but I don't know what Spike would do with his life if he even survived anyways. Plus, this just wrapped everything up so nicely I think a continuation would feel kinda forced. Anyways, this was a masterpiece of an episode and it was extremely emotional.
"Bang."
Sep 15, 2013 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Damn after watching that episode a part of me inside died knowing tha I will never watch something quite as awesome ever again
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Sep 22, 2013 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
This episode is an example of how you pull of a great ending to a series, short but sweet. this series is the epitome of greatness. i can't stress enough how much i love this show.

"you're gonna carry that weight"
Sep 25, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
Dissatisfied.
Sep 30, 2013 4:24 PM
Nov 9, 2013 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Spike sure did go out with a bang.
See you later, Space Cowboy...
Nov 14, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
Well this show has left me a depressed husk of a person! I loved this show... I do wish Spike had lived, but I guess with his death I will not be forgetting this anime anytime soon. Damn having trouble typing now through my tears... See you space cowboy for good.
Nov 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Sad to see Faye show some real feelings for Spike to die =/
My Candies:
Nov 19, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
just finished for the first time, and while i am not going to give it a 9 (which are basically my 10's) it was HIGH 8 and i really enjoyed it, and i can see why this is highly regarded as a classic, the episodic nature really did do it for me, the music, characters themes, etc etc were just near enough spot on, and the reason why i have only commented on this final episode was purely because i was just happy smashing through it and enjoying it...

this ending was very sad, and even though you kinda knew what was going to happen it was still like D: mouth open throughout the end credits haha! glad i finally watched this, mad at myself i left it this long!
Nov 24, 2013 9:25 PM

May 2012
you're gonna carry that weight.
Nov 26, 2013 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Powerful finale to a pretty enjoyable anime.

Personally, the only thing I didn't necessarily liked was the fact that the anime was structured in such an episodic manner.

I think I would've preferred a much more linear storyline so that the finale does have more of an impact.

Don't get me wrong, I was sad Spike died, but the whole story between him, Vicious, and Julia was rarely talked about since the anime was structured the way it was.

Either way, a very solid 8/10 for me and this anime has just become my 500th completed anime!

WOW!
Nov 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
Great but sad conclusion to the most different anime of all time.I am kinda burst into my tears.
Spike...no words...
"YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT" What does it mean anyway?
and
GOOD BYE SPACE COWBOY"...
Nov 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
This show had amazing episodes but a few boring ones, however, the ending was absolutely perfect. One of the best anime I've seen, that's for sure.

9.5/10
Nov 28, 2013 4:59 PM

May 2013
Just finished watching it after dropping it at ep.22 a year or so ago. The ending was incredibly well done, definitely one of the best endings to anything, not just anime.
Dec 1, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
I know I shouldn't expect a great story from a character-driven show, so I won't get into how it was cliché.
This show is overrated, not the masterpiece people claim it to be, but it does have a lot of merits. From the way the individual stories provide the characters' stories, development or strengthen their personalities, to how subtle Spike's story is told through mini-flashbacks and dialogues that don't outright state what happened (I see by the comments a lot of people didn't piece everything together), and the ending that is not only sad, but it's really fitting for Spike's character, it was his choice not to overcome his past and he paid for it like he inteded to, he died like a dog.
Jet is a character that knows how to look for the future, the episodes focused on him were great for exposing his personality, determination and past. Faye uncovering her past was much better than I expected, not only by how surprising it was, but also by how she at first gets obsessed with it and in the end realizes it was pointless.
As for the filler stories, some of them were actually useful for giving a spotlight to the characters, others were at least enjoyable and funny (like episode 22 was like an episode from Gintama, and episode 23 was a good story), while others were absolutely boring and could've been removed (like episode 19).
But what about Vicious? He barely got any depth, his reasoning was simple and shallow. And Ed? While she had a strong first dimension and presence, her past is barely relevant except for her farewell.
The characters that played a part in the MCs' stories also varied in quality. For instance, we had Gren that was a great character and his demise was very sad, but also Jet's ex-comrade (what was his name again?) that betrayed him for silly reasons and regreted in the end, what a bad character.
The OST is an easy 10/10, while it's not exactly my style (I like Kajiura's works better), I can't objectively deny it as one of the best in anime. The animation is also top-notch, it's great even by today's standards.
So by summing up the character exposition, animation, soundtrack, comedy and drama, weighing down with its fillers and underdevelopments, I give it an 8.7/10.
See you, space cowboy.
Dec 5, 2013 2:50 PM
Jan 2013
After this post I'm gonna go and watch the movie, but here's my thoughts so far.

This was... fun to watch, if anything. The first ten episodes were kind of lame, I think things got more interesting at around Episode 15 or 16. The first ten were kind of repetitive, following a pattern of "Jet finds a bad guy with a big bounty, Spike goes off to hunt for it, action-action-action, something is put in there to stop Spike from winning the bounty, and that's the end" so I wasn't really all that satisfied until all of the main characters were introduced. Then I started liking it more.

There were some funny moments with this show, I actually found myself laughing at scenes such as "IM GONNA PUT YO BODY IN THIS COFFIN" only for that coffin to be ran over by a truck as it honks it's horn as it drives by, that cracked me up. Some scenes were exciting to see, the action was pretty good popcorn-material.

I do find some things to be lacking, though. I wish we saw more of Edward's past, it seemed like we were only told about it in one episode for the span of five minutes. Who was her mother? Why did her father put a freaking meteor in front of his own daughter? I would've liked to see in the ending where Edward ended up after leaving the crew.

As for the ending, it could've been a little better but it's not bad. Would've liked to see how Faye and Jet got on now that Spike is "dead". Speaking of which, I don't really know how to sum it all up. I kinda expected for Faye to go with a proper farewell and have Spike and Jet as a duo on the ship again doing the regular bounty things, but it seems that now they're the only two main characters left. The ending was rather meh, if I can sum it up to anything. It's probably because I know there's a movie after this series, and if Spike is on the front cover, then he can't really be dead, can he? I'll find out soon enough.

To top it all off, this was fun to watch. It had it's moments, and it was a good show. I'd rather just kick back and see this as popcorn-material as if you were watching an action movie and less focus on the story. I originally watched this because people had said it to be the king of dubbed anime, and being someone who only watches dubs I wanted to study this so I could weaponize it against weeaboos whenever I find myself in a dub v sub debate.

I've rated this 8/10 on my list. Not bad, but you'd best kick back and watch it for the action.

EDIT:

Saw the movie, apparently it was either

A) A dream
B) An event set between Episodes 22 and 23

So yeah, Spike is probably dead.

See you, space cowboy...

OminaDec 6, 2013 1:19 PM
Dec 8, 2013 2:54 PM
Mar 2012
I like the realism of this series.

At the end, things happened in character, and also how things would in real life.

Faye, found nothing and goes back to the only sense of belonging she has left. Like that there wasn't some huge bug OMG revelation about Faye....there was just, nothing. Them's life's breaks sometimes.

Faith, stays with her lover.

Ein and Ed left, Ed is a free spirit anyway.

Spike, the stubborn dude who had it in for Vicious just had to make him pay.

Everyone was acting in character, and I like the ambiguity of it. Shit, don't even know if Spike died or not.
Dec 15, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2013
This series was so good i really loved it but it has its flaws... i firmly believe that we havent seen a "masterpiece" anime yet but this one comes close. I liked the episodic story format of it, it kind of played out as a mystery as we try and find out the past of these characters, but some of the episodes seem pointless and didnt really help clear up the story. I wish they would have had those episodes have a little more context into the backstory as a whole. There is so much that should have been cleared up better like, and this is my biggest plot whole, who sent those tapes to faye about her past that really confused me, why didnt they ever clarified that they just kind of showed up like they were shipped but buy who. I really loved the tone and realism of the show along with how the music played into it
Dec 27, 2013 9:59 PM
Apr 2011
What an ending!

This was definitely fitting for such a show. Of course, most people don't enjoy seeing the main character die but he did and it makes sense. He chose to not ignore his past and he died in his past.

I'll do a more formal review later, but this anime was recommended to me as being a masterpiece. So I came in with high expectations. The anime didn't disappoint but it didn't hit home as a masterpiece. I consider shows like clannad, ef, stein gates, full metal to be masterpieces...Cowboy Bebop doesn't belong in that category but it is very near. It is definitely a satisfying anime.

I think that if the format of the show was more plot driven, rather than episodic, than the desired effect would have been greater for my personal taste. But to each its own.

A great anime that is deserving to be called an all time classic.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Dec 29, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
Finally finished this one. The episodic nature of the series didn't leave me with a sense of urgency so it took me about half a year to watch the whole thing.

Honestly, the ending was strong(Even if it was kind of rushed) but the lack of build up made it hard to care about anyone's deaths other than Spike. I mean despite being very important to Spike's past, Julia and Vicious hardly got any development. All in all, this show was a bit underwhelming for me. No doubt it was good and I can definitely see why people would enjoy it so much(Fun characters and a great soundtrack) but similar to GITS, the quality of the episodes varied wildly.

7/10 for me. I might enjoy the movie more since it'll be more like an arc.
Jan 20, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Fantastic, I loved it. Wasnt sure if I would like it as much as champloo but I love them both

And the whole "bang taxi driver reference shootout" was great.
Jan 21, 2014 11:33 AM
Mar 2012
Chimerautomaton said:
Fantastic, I loved it. Wasnt sure if I would like it as much as champloo but I love them both

And the whole "bang taxi driver reference shootout" was great.

I too like Champloo better, you may be the first other person I've seen that rates it higher too! But yeah, both good.
Jan 22, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2010
See you space cowboy.
Jan 27, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2011
Oh god Spike why? ;_;
It was a fantastic show from the beginning to the end. It has some boring episode in the middle but overall was amazing.
Jan 27, 2014 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
I cried at the end, I wasn't sure how this series was going to end when I first saw it. Such a powerful, moving end to a truly great series. 'BLUE' was perfect for the ending theme too.

''Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream, you know
That's never ending
I'm ascending''

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Spike is ascending somewhere right now. Bang.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Apr 15, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

206 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 7, 2008

141 by nikola_xh »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.