Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2010 1:48 PM

Dec 2008
I am a little curious about how is our club getting new members; a poll is the best way to summarize it, and if you want to share a story about it we will be happy to read it ;)

In my case I found the club while planning to create something similar :D, browsing some clubs. It was during its beginning and Geisha was working alone so I jumped in and offered some help. It feels like such a distant memory now! And I am so happy seeing what we have done ;)
Queen2408Jul 20, 2010 2:29 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2010
I found it through Manga club relations.

I was looking at Haru Wo Daiteita to see if anyone has already started a club for it and I found this club, glad I did :)
Badges:
Jul 20, 2010 8:40 PM

Aug 2008
It's been so long that I don't remember how :O Maybe by seeing the club relation on Kyuuso's MAL page. Clicked to the "last" comments--looks like Queen and I joined around the same time.
Jul 21, 2010 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
Other (explain please)

Seemed like the only answer I could give here. :)

I just recently remembered the moment when I created the club. I had been playing with that idea (or similar ideas) for a long while ... almost half a year or so and then just in the last week of January I had decided to it. I thought about what exactly for a few days and then I made it. I remember that moment very well, wenn I entered the completely empty club page the first time being the only "member", started to write up some of the ideas, started adding the first mangas, anime and characters (gone now). I would never have thought it possible that it could become what it is today ... but then it would never be that without the incredible help from the admins and the input from the members. So, thanks to everybody!
Jul 22, 2010 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
I don't remember what manga it was that I was looking at, but I was looking at the recent forum entries when I glanced down at the clubs. At the time I hadn't read that much yaoi, but the title of this club piqued my interest.

There were certain yaois that I just hadn't enjoyed and I didn't really know why. When I read this club's description, I paused for a second and thought, "You know what? I totally agree," and I joined the club.

I'm so glad I did, too, because it's helped me find a plethora of yaoi with which to waste my time. :)
Jul 23, 2010 8:12 AM

Oct 2007
I came across the club pretty early on, first week I think, the club had less than 10 or 20 members and Geisha was alone compiling the relations lists. I think I PMed her with a suggestion for an add.. maybe Tyrant?

A few times I've been asked about manga suggestions, and at some point I started sending them here because when it comes to helping find new reads, this place is the best!
Jul 23, 2010 5:52 PM

Apr 2010
Other

I was typing a manga into google to find others like it. This club came up in the search, it had everything I was looking for and I think couple of days later I joined MAL and this was the first club I joined. I am really glad I joined this club I love it!.
Sep 12, 2010 8:28 PM

Dec 2008
lclarkey said:
Other

I was typing a manga into google to find others like it. This club came up in the search, it had everything I was looking for and I think couple of days later I joined MAL and this was the first club I joined. I am really glad I joined this club I love it!.

I'm surprised to see this club pop out in the top results of google...Maybe we should start our own site hmmm *thinking to the future*
Sep 12, 2010 9:16 PM
Apr 2009
LOL you really wanna know?
There was a time I read a gazillion of manga so I kept adding them into my list, and there's this club that keeps popping up with "caps lock on them" in front of my eyes and I was like "what kinda club is this- why did they have to put caps lock and make me go blindddd" *clicks the link* lol

I'm serious with my answer :p
Sep 13, 2010 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't know what is going on here, i was just cliclikng on links.
I was looking for ''dog style''. When found it, I clicked on Queen2408's ( thank you so much :D ) profile. My perv-eye saw y-a-o-i somewhere, so I had to click it !
~fairytale end
Sep 13, 2010 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
rynisyou said:
There was a time I read a gazillion of manga so I kept adding them into my list, and there's this club that keeps popping up with "caps lock on them" in front of my eyes and I was like "what kinda club is this- why did they have to put caps lock and make me go blindddd" *clicks the link* lol

lol @ BLINDING CAPS Apparently they were effective?

I also think I was looking for a BL club that wasn't either dead or overrun with squeeeeing 12 year olds, so this made me happy.
Sep 13, 2010 10:19 AM
Apr 2009
shinkeikaku said:
lol @ BLINDING CAPS Apparently they were effective?

I also think I was looking for a BL club that wasn't either dead or overrun with squeeeeing 12 year olds, so this made me happy.

Urhmm yeah, apparently it did. Second was the title :p

And 3rd was the squeeing 12 year olds issue. I second that, totally.
Sep 14, 2010 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Ryuokoi said:
I didn't know what is going on here, i was just cliclikng on links.
I was looking for ''dog style''. When found it, I clicked on Queen2408's ( thank you so much :D ) profile. My perv-eye saw y-a-o-i somewhere, so I had to click it !
~fairytale end

Hahaha, I'm glad to be useful ;D and yes, I'm totally pimping our club. So proud of it!

rynisyou said:

Hahahahahah...I guess we have to thank Geisha for that. Like a totally serious acronym brand name..and then you see the title XD.

shinkeikaku said:

I wasn't aware of that until you said it...since I never got into any of those clubs I didn't realize how great it is not having that. It is ok to squee...but not that much..
Queen2408Sep 14, 2010 1:28 PM
Nov 28, 2010 5:49 AM

Apr 2010
I found it through Manga club relations, and I love this club, it's very useful...
Thank you for your hard work ^^
Nov 29, 2010 6:30 AM

Nov 2009
By chance while browsing some clubs (your vote)

i was looking for clubs that feature male x male relationships because i am really a fan of this genre...

this club has been very useful to me since i got most of the mangas i have read from this club.. thanks for making this club.. :D
Nov 30, 2010 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
I believe I found the club while looking for a club for (un-girly ukes/manly ukes/etc) All because my best friend who is my BL guru but refuses to get on MAL; kept telling me about yaoi with girly ukes and it's just not my thing at all.

I'm so glad I found this club if I ever need something new to read it's the first place I go.

Dec 7, 2010 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
I dunno what was i searching/looking for, but i remember, i saw AGUY in manga club relations, and i said "whoa! that's it! people who thinks the same way as me!"
:)
Jun 11, 2011 12:51 AM

Sep 2010
Other:
I noticed that a lot of the mangas I read were associatied with this club and decided to check it out
Jun 11, 2011 11:00 PM
May 2011
I found this club in someone's signature at Aarin. I actually had started an anti-doe-eyed uke social group there awhile back because I can't stand that kind of stuff, so I HAD to check this out. It's very useful for finding manga, etc. Thanks for all your work :)
Jun 14, 2011 3:56 AM
Oct 2008
Back when I was on LJ there was a community called 'yaoi_daily' and I read a vast amount of yaoi manga really quickly and for a long time. (Currently updating my list so excuse the spam :P) I always kind of despised really 'girly-uke' at least drawing wise, (personality was okay, but if the eyes were 2x bigger than the seme I already dropped it), I didn't even really want to do personality, but at the time everyone was only posting super girly ukes! I had thought for a while that I was the only one that was really into seme x seme personality/looks!

I'm so glad I found this comm! I can't wait to hear all the great recommendations :D
Nov 7, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
I always look for clubs that share my intrests.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
I remember reading the club's title and thinking "finally someone agrees!" And not just someone, but an entire club!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» The Uke-Sensei List (Student x Teacher)

Geisha_X - Aug 23, 2009

44 by Geisha_X »»
Dec 4, 2018 11:15 PM

» Looking for some AGUke Manga? ( 1 2 3 )

Queen2408 - Jul 24, 2009

117 by Geisha_X »»
Dec 2, 2018 1:30 AM

» The Showbiz Yaoi List ( 1 2 )

Geisha_X - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Geisha_X »»
Dec 1, 2018 4:32 PM

Poll: » Manga discussion: Seven Days

Geisha_X - Feb 1, 2010

21 by Geisha_X »»
Dec 1, 2018 1:47 AM

» Mangas that left an impact on you

YumiKirei - Jun 14, 2009

28 by Fujoshi96 »»
Sep 13, 2017 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.