Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2010 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell was that about??? this was a pretty bad ending seeing as the next episode says nothing at all..We didnt even get to see him fight his father again -___-'' bad ending for a great anime
AversaOct 1, 2014 11:55 AM
Oct 16, 2010 9:06 PM

Mar 2010
MANGA TIME

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2011 6:56 AM
Jun 2010
wow, ladies and gentlement, is there a more amazing ending than that... we have just GOT TO see the next episode... maybe... im gonna miss this series after next episode :'(
LunaMay 19, 2012 9:55 PM
May 22, 2012 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
This was a tournament season, because of that Baki didn't get any change for improving his fighting skills; he was a show boy throughout the entire season. So, he wasn't ready to fight his daddy even at the end of the season. I think, that's because they didn't made him fight with Yuujiro. It would have been silly, if Baki fought with Yuujiro and won. Therefore, it was the best of the worst option to not make him fight with Yuujiro.
Aug 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2010
Like I said in 2010 MANGA TIME, The manga Has all the answers, The fights are actually way better and much more intense after the anime adaption.

This is my fourth Time Rewatching this~

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 14, 2016 11:14 AM
Dec 2014
I don't understand it's look like the final episode but it still the episode 24.
Feb 3, 2017 2:27 AM

Feb 2013
The fight ended quite nice.
Jack lost in an instant to Yujiro though.
Apr 16, 2018 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
Baki finally has the Demon back huh? Good on him
Apr 23, 2018 4:21 PM

Nov 2016
Jack lost again.

The backlash from his steroid abuse was pretty nasty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2018 4:45 AM

Feb 2018
When you train 30 hours a day :P
Dec 25, 2018 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
No one died, the end :P

Jack is in coma but his mom is still alive
I guess he's luckier than Baki in a way
"Signature removed"
May 8, 2019 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
Nice to see all (or most) of the major chars still alive. Even Jack and his mother seem to be alive. According to AniDB this was the last regular episode and next one (MAL uses as 24th) was a special releases about half a year later.

My favorite chars were Doppo, Yujiro and the old master guy. Also Shinogi Kureha (but weird clothes ... he looked like a american football player lol).

As I usually don't like main chars mthat much - same for here with Baki - I enjoyed this season a bit more than the previous one.

Doppo is my overall favorite for both seasons. Yujiro had some really badass scenes this season. I doubt we'll see the old guy again. But hoping to see at least a bit more of Doppo and maybe Kureha as doctor in the future plot. If not ... there's still Yujiro who will appear surely.
Nov 11, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2015
This felt like the finale to me. Baki is champ again, and Jack got punched hard by Yujiro, making him lose twice in one night. The other contestants lived happily ever after.

It swept up everything related to the tournament, which was the sole purpose of this season. I guess we've yet to see a proper showdown between Baki and Yujiro.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 21, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
To think that this tournament all happened in one day. Glad that baki won but I don't think those demon muscles are a good sign

I like how Baki and Jack act like siblings suddenly, jack giving him the prize was pretty wholesome for someone who fought like a beast.

Apr 29, 2020 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
Ah so this is the last episode lol. Intense fight but Baki didn't even get to fight Yuujiro was this season.

Overall, I enjoyed the first season more since Baki was furiously training and fighting solely to beat Yuujiro. In this season his fighting style seemed more sluggish and sometimes it felt like he was mainly fighting as champion rather than for the purpose of beating his father.
Jun 8, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2020
..................... You know, I didn't knoww what to expect. But it certainly wasn't this. If I hadn't started by seeiing Season 3, than this would be the end of the series for me. Season 1 had some goofy moments, but only sometimes. The story was nice at least, as you got to know how crazy Baki's parents are.

This season was 70% garbage. Mediocre and boring fights (for the most part), the animationstyle, the gritty facepunches, they were all of lower quality. That horrible, horrible intro song.

The only "story developments" in this entire season are that Doppo (has a son and) has to close the dojo & Baki has a brother from another mother.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's it right? Not counting that he took his gf to the arena. She was just there to interrupt fights and to beg Baki "to please, stop fighting!".

The nr. 1 thing that bothers me the most is Baki, standing in the arena at the end, going: "DUUUUURRR? ME WANNA FIGHT MORE!!"

Really, Baki? You wanna fight some more? Aren't you forgetting something? Like, THE MAIN REASON, that season 2 happened? WHAT you were fighting for??!! No old debts that needed settling? I could swear that you had other motivations a few episodes back, but ... Nah, must have been mistaken.

Oh yeah, don't forget to go piss on your mom's grave after you've had your little Champion's party!

Apperently he did all that fighting just to w!n that shiny gold belt they showed 2 episodes ago.

Dec 10, 2020 11:00 PM
Apr 2016
Just like I hoped, the climax was nicely executed and animated! Jack's confrontation with Yujiro was also nicely executed, felt real weight behind "you lost, didn't you?!"

@Jezzman your criticisms are so asinine that it genuinely makes me laugh. For one, season 1 was total bullshit! It was full of nonsense (e.g. endorphins, Gaia's unnecessary hype, eating Yasha's teeth, a lot of random power-ups, and way more). While I do admit that progress-wise this season was pretty dry, fundamentally Baki IS about THIS! Baki is ALL about fighting, and there's nothing inherently bad about this kind of focus - doesn't cater you? Then go eat up something else, nobody is forcing you to eat what you dislike. This season had a lot of poor writing, but at least was relatively void of bullshit (RELATIVELY).

I like the opening, it reminds me of old fighting video-games and the song per se is nostalgic & fits pretty well with the themes, if you ask me. If you dislike it, please use your fucking brain and realize that subjectivity isn't automatically equivalent to "bad" - what you dislike is liked by someone else, but don't get me wrong! There's nothing bad about complaining about parts that you subjectively disliked, however, you are not to obliquely call your criticisms "objective" in your introduction of them. Finding the fights boring is also subjective (your criticism of them does NOT analyze them from a technical POV.), therefore it's a moronic criticism that lives up to no standards - I found two fights boring, and guess what? We had quite a few more than just mere two!

Season 1 was also about THIS - even if it looks like Baki is just sidetracked and not upholding his goals, he IS doing this to get stronger (e.g. military, Yasha, etc. was ALL to get strength).
Dec 14, 2020 4:15 AM

Apr 2020
@xeonite My criticisms are valid. It's your right to disagree, but don't go calling them asinine. That only shows how asinine you are. And as, I said, if I hadn't watched Season 3 first, then this would've been the last I've ever seen of Baki. The show is terribly written, Baki is plot-armoured to hell & back, it all happens over 24 hours (if I understand correctly), there is no character development ... Getting stronger, does not equal character development. The "shadow-boxing" was complete bullshit, more so than the endorfine-stuff from season 1.

You can read my opinions on Baki Season 1, but the main things I thought were bullshit there were:
1) Endorfines
2) The fact he throws himself of a cliff to become stronger
3) The fight he wins by putting glass in his mouth

This season? I couldn't even tell you anymore. There was just so much. Also characters get introduced at such a high pace (sometimes 2 new characters in one episode), you don't have any time to care about them. They're just random dudes with maybe 5 minutes of backstory. The lack of gritty facepunches, the worse style of animation... This season was so boring & forgettable, I don't even know half of the characters that appeared here.The only match that I still remember a bit is the one from the cord-cutting guy + that crazy punk-dude that kept smashing his broken arm on the arena barrier.

Also, here you are telling me "that what I think about the show is subjective". Yes, I know. Why are you acting like I don't. I'd say you are the one, feeling personally attacked by my opinion ( and that genuinely makes ME laugh). Where do I "obliquely call my criticisms objective", as you say?

And lastly, don't go tell me what I should watch & shouldn't watch. I want to watch bad anime shows as well, because I need a baseline of what a bad anime is. For me, Baki season 2 has been the worst I've seen so far.
JezzmanDec 14, 2020 4:18 AM

Dec 14, 2020 4:44 AM
Apr 2016
Jezzman said:
@xeonite My criticisms are valid. It's your right to disagree, but don't go calling them asinine. That only shows how asinine you are. And as, I said, if I hadn't watched Season 3 first, then this would've been the last I've ever seen of Baki. The show is terribly written, Baki is plot-armoured to hell & back, it all happens over 24 hours (if I understand correctly), there is no character development ... Getting stronger, does not equal character development. The "shadow-boxing" was complete bullshit, more so than the endorfine-stuff from season 1.

You can read my opinions on Baki Season 1, but the main things I thought were bullshit there were:
1) Endorfines
2) The fact he throws himself of a cliff to become stronger
3) The fight he wins by putting glass in his mouth

This season? I couldn't even tell you anymore. There was just so much. Also characters get introduced at such a high pace (sometimes 2 new characters in one episode), you don't have any time to care about them. They're just random dudes with maybe 5 minutes of backstory. The lack of gritty facepunches, the worse style of animation... This season was so boring & forgettable, I don't even know half of the characters that appeared here.The only match that I still remember a bit is the one from the cord-cutting guy + that crazy punk-dude that kept smashing his broken arm on the arena barrier.

Also, here you are telling me "that what I think about the show is subjective". Yes, I know. Why are you acting like I don't. I'd say you are the one, feeling personally attacked by my opinion ( and that genuinely makes ME laugh). Where do I "obliquely call my criticisms objective", as you say?

And lastly, don't go tell me what I should watch & shouldn't watch. I want to watch bad anime shows as well, because I need a baseline of what a bad anime is. For me, Baki season 2 has been the worst I've seen so far.
I found them asinine so I called them that, nothing inherently wrong with that! I do agree that Baki is terribly written, that's why, for the most part, you just turn off your brain and enjoy the fights - that's what Baki is, a bunch of muscly dudes beating the shit out of each other.

No character development? I really disagree with that.. but perhaps you'd have to watch more for that - Baki is a long series, especially if you delve into the manga. I always see this argument (not limited to Baki), "no character development," but one ought to understand that "character development" isn't limited to a single (or more) seasons, it's a process that can/or in my opinion should range throughout the entire series. While the author implemented it in an idiotic way, Baki changed in season 3. Let's look at season 1: he's a crybaby obsessively looking for affection (courtesy of his mother), but once he finds Kozue he slowly loses that obsession.

Characters that appear in the tournament also get utilized A LOT later on, as such you can rule the whole arc just a set-up by the author to have more characters to play around with. I didn't find it boring to reiterate, and I do think I'll remember a lot of fights for a while.

So you didn't find Gaia absolute bullshit? The guy was literally somehow weaponizing adrenaline whenever he wanted to, getting superhuman strength (as stupid as endorphins IMO). He also did a lot of other semi-supernatural shit, but I don't remember too well at this point. Moreover, he was hyped as fuck but lost against a literal 13-year-old boy - they were grouping him with Yujiro, the strongest creature alive. Should be conspicuous that it was a blatant attempt to craft hype, unnecessarily.

What about eating Yasha's teeth? Nothing weird about that?

And what the fuck do you mean worse animation style? It seemed to be better, a lot more episodes animated better. I remember you calling one episode "increase in quality" while it fucking didn't, so I'll just call your eyes a bit too inexperienced anime-wise to differ good vs. bad animation.
May 15, 2021 1:12 AM

Aug 2018
Jack got destroyed by Yujiro, and even if Baki didnt beat his ass he would have lost the exact same way.
Im guessing Baki is quitting being a grappler now?

Jun 19, 2022 2:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was awesome. I really started to tear up for some reason.
Oct 31, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2021
Loved the way of the fight from Jack and Baki
Oct 31, 2023 8:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jack can't compete when he doesn't fight with his real body, any kind of doping medication won't bring him to the top, and he lost against both Baki and Yujiro in a single day, pretty sad for him after all but you couldn't expect any other result. Really felt like the end but there's still one episode left for this season :)

More topics from this board

» Which season i should watch after this one?

PlayerUzU - Mar 3

8 by Theta95 »»
Mar 6, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Grappler Baki: Saidai Tournament Hen Episode 1 Discussion

AhmedHan - May 19, 2012

20 by Yahallooooooo »»
Feb 22, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Grappler Baki: Saidai Tournament Hen Episode 2 Discussion

OtherGuyX - Jun 3, 2011

14 by yrubi »»
Feb 9, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Grappler Baki: Saidai Tournament Hen Episode 21 Discussion

OtherGuyX - Jun 14, 2011

14 by NextXander »»
Jan 23, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Grappler Baki: Saidai Tournament Hen Episode 24 Discussion

OtherGuyX - Jun 18, 2011

22 by Ashhk »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.