Forum Settings
Forums

tell me a great series that you think i will like based on my list "urgent need anime now!!! asap!"

New
Jul 18, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2009
tell me a series that had a impact on you based on my list.

so yeah anything that can move your heart......

also anyone know of an anime where someone dies for someone else and theres like epic music in the background like a freind dying for a freind or a guy dying for the one he loves.

i just finished watching Gankutsuou which was great.

also just a really good series will do aswell that i have not seen.

p.s don't mind the hentai i only put up like 10 and ive seen more hentai then anime :P which would be a mission putting on my list every time i jerk off.
ange10Jul 18, 2010 8:27 PM
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jul 18, 2010 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
Angel Beats

And maybe Rainbow (still airing)
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 18, 2010 8:49 PM

Feb 2009
Angel Beats! is seconded. Especially considering you loved Clannad, Air and Kanon, they are all Key works.

Also, go watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Like, now.Seriously, it has everything you are looking for. And if you enjoyed the first series, you'll probably like Brotherhood as well (There are HUGE differences in plot though, it's a whole new anime in that sense)

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is another one I would give a shot, it's a lot better then I expected, that's for sure.

Hmm, maybe try Kobato. It may seem like a sort of silly, child-like series at first but it does get a bit darker as time passes. It can be a heart-string-tugger.

Romeo x Juliet is something else you should really watch. It has epic scenes and it does tug at the heartstrings. Personally, I found it pretty moving.

Depending on how easily moved you are, Full Moon wo Sagashite may be something to try. It's pretty light but in the last 15 episode or so, it takes a real turn.

There are some that I have heard good things about, but haven't watched yet myself.

Rainbow is one of them, it's one that I plan to watch as well.
Jul 18, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 2008
I personally really love Neon Genesis Evangelion, although not everyone likes it. I like how not everything is explained or easy to understand and it makes you think.

I would really suggest Umineko no naku koro ni as well, but if you're not into murder-mystery you probably wouldn't like it. Although it's a murder-mystery with a twist. :P

Edit: Nevermind Evangelion, you've already watched it!
Jul 18, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
Macross - personally it's one of favourites. It does have its share of deaths, including an important character death. The emotional build-up might be a little cheesy by today's standards, but one can still relate to it.
Jul 18, 2010 9:01 PM

Apr 2009
Totally seconding Kipcha's recc's, and adding

Macross Frontier- it has a few instances of people dying for one another
Jul 18, 2010 9:06 PM

May 2009
seen macross frontier, seen tokyo 8.0 which btw is great.

p.s i do not watch airing anime.

angel beats i wait for 1080p version.

Umineko no naku koro ni (fucked up)

Romeo x Juliet (how can u cry if you already know whats going to happen XD)
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jul 18, 2010 9:12 PM

Apr 2009
ange10 said:

Romeo x Juliet (how can u cry if you already know whats going to happen XD)
Because it isn't Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet- it's the journey, not the destination, and the journey is fantastic and as magical as anything.
Jul 18, 2010 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
big o
Jul 18, 2010 10:08 PM

May 2010
Oh my goodness, you gave Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou a 10! I also second Angel Beats based on your list
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

16 by windyshadow »»
47 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 8 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
53 minutes ago

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
2 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
3 hours ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - Yesterday

3 by JKKH »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.