Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2010 3:33 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seriously . Its been more than an hour since the episode aired , and still no one has created a thread . . Unfortunate .
And the awesomeness continues , capcom and production are surely blowing the budget on this one . . Waiting for subs now to understand what the episode was about :)
Jul 18, 2010 3:50 AM

Sep 2008
silent_killer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seriously . Its been more than an hour since the episode aired , and still no one has created a thread . . Unfortunate .
And the awesomeness continues , capcom and production are surely blowing the budget on this one . . Waiting for subs now to understand what the episode was about :)
Not every anime is popular enough to have those speedy firstfags. It's kind of meaningless to start a thread, and not be able to talk about anything relevant, though I'd imagine that the anime is not too difficult to follow.

Otherwise, you might as well be saying "Man that was awesome, even if I don't know what the hell is happening because I didn't understand what they were saying."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 4:03 AM

Oct 2008
So this anime is not popular eh . . I guess you do not know , this show garnered the highest rating for any show which has aired on mbs-tbs in the nichi 5 timeslot (for the first episode) . . Episode 1 clocked 5.4% in kantou and 7.4% in kansai . . .
And yes , this show is easy to follow . Not much dialogue , straight plot and lots of action :)

p.S other anime that have aired in the nichi 5 timeslot
gundam00 season 1 and 2
fma brotherhood
code geass season 2
Jul 18, 2010 4:39 AM

Sep 2008
Maybe it should have been obvious that I was talking about it's popularity on MAL as I highly doubt that the Japanese would be coming onto MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 4:45 AM

Oct 2008
Hey , thats a misconception , i've seen lots of japanese here . .I dunno if those people reside in japan or not , but they are japanese nationals for certain . .
Jul 18, 2010 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
Lawl at pointless argument x3

On topic, this episode was great. I missed Kasuga's obsession with Kenshin <3
I never understand all of what Kenshin is saying, but I'm happy just to hear Paku Romi.

Enjoyed the ending animation and theme, not quite as epic as last season's, but enjoyable nonetheless. And Date Masamune's helmet really was lush....
Liked Maeda's preview speech, gotta wait another week now... ~__~
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 18, 2010 10:59 AM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Maybe it should have been obvious that I was talking about it's popularity on MAL as I highly doubt that the Japanese would be coming onto MAL.

I'm japanese and i'm on MAL :)

btw great episode. I love the op song so much :3
Jul 18, 2010 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
I do not understand the episode at all. Need subs now!!
Nice episode, but it will be better if it has subs so I can know whats the problem and etc, and also nice ED song:D

Jul 19, 2010 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
awww man this episode was too cool. i was basically exploding from all the awesome that went down. i teared up when kojuuro got effed up tho :'D
Jul 19, 2010 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
@ Everyone, ignore that guy, I think i've seen him before, he's a troll. Ignoring = Best.

I found some subs, the timing is so off it just makes you frustrated (It's an ASS file, not put to the episode, have to do it yourself).

So only seen 1/2 the episode. Looks good so far though :).
Jul 19, 2010 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
Fatentity said:
@ Everyone, ignore that guy, I think i've seen him before, he's a troll. Ignoring = Best.

I found some subs, the timing is so off it just makes you frustrated (It's an ASS file, not put to the episode, have to do it yourself).

So only seen 1/2 the episode. Looks good so far though :).

are you talkin bout me :(
hey , couldn't find that subbed file on tokyo-tosho , is it posted somewhere else .
Jul 19, 2010 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
I watched the raw because there is no sub yet.
I understood most of it and it is getting better and better^^

I love the opening <3
T.M.Revolution is win.
Jul 19, 2010 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
This ep is beast, and lol at the fighting in this thread lololol

Jul 19, 2010 7:42 PM

Oct 2009
Subs out.

Episode's pretty good.

Jul 19, 2010 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
it's always fun to watch Masamune spout English words. Fights where he is included always get me excited for some reason.

Although... where did his horse go when he jumped off? I don't even know why I'm posing this question.
Jul 19, 2010 7:53 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
it's always fun to watch Masamune spout English words. Fights where he is included always get me excited for some reason.

Although... where did his horse go when he jumped off? I don't even know why I'm posing this question.

Its like any games with horses, they always get lost lol

Topic: Question: When Shigeharu pulled out his weapon, did anyone first think of ivy from soul calibur?
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jul 19, 2010 8:36 PM
Aug 2008
Dudewitbow said:

Topic: Question: When Shigeharu pulled out his weapon, did anyone first think of ivy from soul calibur?

LOL yes you're no the only one who thought that. ;) So far Sengoku Basara 2 is starting off well. I'm really curious on how'll Hanbei will continue to further Toyotomi's plans. Great action and animation. Can't wait for next week's episode! :D
Jul 19, 2010 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
It's getting better and better. :) I particularly loved the fighting scenes, spectacular animation. ♥ This is easily the best anime of Summer 2010, along as my favorite.
Jul 19, 2010 9:54 PM

Jun 2009
this shit looks real
Jul 19, 2010 10:11 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome animation! And the plot moved along nicely. I think Keiji's going to have to make some tough decisions next episode from the looks of the preview.

I think I watched Date's fight with Hanbei about 12 times O__O that shit was epic!

I'm falling in love with SenBasa all over again ♥
Jul 20, 2010 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
wow BE RIGHT THERE!!!!! nyahahaha awesome fighting scenes for Date Masamune
Jul 20, 2010 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
Rizzle said:

I'm falling in love with SenBasa all over again ♥

This pretty much sums me up. =D

Subs are out? I have an excuse to re-watch, wahoo~! Is it just me that absolutely cannot wait until the episodes are aired on NicoNico Douga?
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 20, 2010 4:11 AM
Jun 2010
Damnit Ivy.. get outta my anime.

His character is SUCH an obvious rip off of ivy. The color and shape of the sword.. short gray hair.

Even so.. it kinda make it more awesome.
Jul 20, 2010 6:46 AM

Aug 2007
I knew Production IG wouldn't disappoint in the animation. Everything still looks great. I finally started taken a liking to the opening now. Another poster said it best, I'm starting to love Sengoku Basara all over again.
Jul 20, 2010 7:08 AM
Jun 2010
So who is subbing this show? The only group I knew was Commie Subs and I think they've quit for a while.
Jul 20, 2010 8:32 AM

May 2009
aakaido said:
So who is subbing this show? The only group I knew was Commie Subs and I think they've quit for a while.
I'm watching KSH subs. They're good.

This episode was kickass. Great animation for the fights; well the entire episode looked great.
Jul 20, 2010 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah, I'm diggin' the OP.
Yeah, I'm diggin' Sengoku Basara.
Yeah, I'm diggin' its second season.

Anyway, Hanbei's creepy, in many ways : S
Though Katakura is some awesome shit. : D (Too bad they're being cheap bastards when fighting him.)

And. Yeah! I'm diggin' Masamune's Engrish. : D

Oh and also, Kasuga's .. Ehm.. Reactions to whatever Kenshin does...
┐('~`;)┌

Oh I love this season. I mean.. Seriously.. "Come one! It's not over yet!" ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃

Edit: Gief some Sengoku Basara pizza! xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 20, 2010 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
nice episode and next week looks like we get some Fanservices :P
Jul 20, 2010 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
Good episode, great fights, and the OP is growing on me.
Jul 20, 2010 12:54 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Yeah, I'm diggin' the OP.
Yeah, I'm diggin' Sengoku Basara.
Yeah, I'm diggin' its second season.
And. Yeah! I'm diggin' Masamune's Engrish. : D

Oh and also, Kasuga's .. Ehm.. Reactions to whatever Kenshin does...
┐('~`;)┌

Are you not totally digging DAT HELMET. It over-compensates. I love it. But I also love Date Masamune. The REAL Date Masamune. Noes, I'm not a necrophile!

Kasuga's reactions are so amusing Kenshin-samaaaaaaaaaaa
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 20, 2010 4:58 PM

May 2010
Masamune is definitely my favourite character now.

Really? This episode has too much awesome to possibly comment on. It's odd, because I've written somewhat lengthy comments on episodes before, but here... I just feel that trying to get into detail would do a disservice to it by my omitting to mention so much else. So... I'm not going to bother. I could prattle on for hours about how much win it all is, but it's late, so I'm just going to skip that. Definitely an amazing episode, though.

Hideyoshi and Hanbei are shaping up to be a good villainous pair. I think they have the potential to stay that way, too, unlike in the last season where Mitsuhide may have remained deliciously evil and psychotic to end, but where Nobunaga lost a lot of his initial obsidian lustre by just... well... not going anywhere or having any point. I mean, I know asking for a point in Sengoku Basara feels a little strange, but... I dunno. Nobunaga just took that too far. And his death was horrible. (N.B. This paragraph is in direct contradiction to the one I posted on the favourite character thread for the last series a while back. I think I had Koei's Nobunaga on the brain at that time, though, who is a far more awesome Demon King, it has to be said, even if he'd probably be a bit wet in the far more over-the-top Sengoku Basara universe.)

Finally: the opening is still awesome. Preferred season one's, but only marginally. The ending, though... eh. I don't think it measures up to the last one. Admittedly that one took a while to grow on me too, though. So we'll see.

And yes, Hanbei is ripping off Ivy. But he's so much more sexy~

... shut up. I'm straight, I swear. >_>
Jul 20, 2010 8:52 PM

Aug 2009
Oh Date.... How I love theee.... Let me count the ways!!

Frickin awesome episode. The dragons right eye really kicked some ass. The art and music (especially music.... sooo epic!!!) was great! So much random engrish from Date... love it!!!!
Jul 20, 2010 10:47 PM

Sep 2007
Maeda Keiji needs to go bankai.
Jul 20, 2010 11:31 PM

Nov 2007
BE RIGHT THERE!! Awesome.

lol I forgot how gay this show is. xD Brb, finding yaoi doujin~
Jul 21, 2010 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
yamakasi said:

wut ?
Shut up you fujoushi. nothing gay from this show.. so keep your imagination from running wild

Btw Date GAR DANCE is epic.
fertygoJul 21, 2010 1:15 AM
Jul 21, 2010 2:41 AM

Jun 2008
You now if you think about it a little this characters are kind of ridiculous although they are amusing.

I liked this better than the first. Shit is really going down in this one. And it seems the masked gay guy is gonna be more of a protagonist than his boss will.
I get the feeling that Toyotomi isn't exactly the evil guy the Devil King was and that he really cares about the good of his country.

Dante with out his right hand isn't very good. His a man that many times ignores logic for his feelings and he needed him by his side as a more sensible voice.
Jul 21, 2010 3:48 AM

Jun 2009
so far season 2 can be summed up with AMAZING.
if it keeps this up 10/10
Albert Einstein said:
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Neil deGrasse Tyson said:
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.

Jul 21, 2010 7:30 AM

May 2010
fertygo said:
yamakasi said:

wut ?
Shut up you fujoushi. nothing gay from this show.. so keep your imagination from running wild

Btw Date GAR DANCE is epic.

Don't be ridiculous. There's too much testosterone flowing for it to be anything BUT gay. Even the characters with wives are probably taking a little on the side. But that's ok, because we love them all all the more for it.

... I'm straight. Really I am.
Jul 21, 2010 8:07 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not allergic with yaoi/shounen-ai stuff/fans but if anything I don't want people say "gay" when talking about SenBasa no matter in what sentence...

please just NO :(
Jul 21, 2010 8:51 AM

May 2009
Sengoku Basara is just a bro animu, man. Nothing gay about it.
Jul 21, 2010 12:59 PM

Jul 2008
looks like date masamune is in trouble, he really is in trouble without his 2nd in command
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 21, 2010 8:28 PM

Apr 2009
Dont lose, Date!
Jul 22, 2010 12:22 PM

May 2010
Wasabi said:

Good point. The problem is that Hideyoshi may follow him :]

I liked this episode and didn't. I didn't like the overall depression it poured on me with Kojuurou being kidnapped. As I stated in the topic below, it's the worst thing to do: separate Kojuurou and Masamune. I didn't like Hanbei from the very start and not without a reason. It was clear already in the first episode what he wanted to do, and now he did it. Damn him!

I liked the fact that the episode stressed the relation between Masamune and Kojuurou, as well as Yukimura and Masamune. I like that creators indicate the motives that really interest me. And, perhaps it's just me (or sub), but never before have I seen any episode of SB with so many hidden allusions. I asked myself if I was watching any anime of yaoi topic every now and then :P But I truly loved Kojuurou's open declaration about how Date Masamune was the only man in his life. After all, it was true.

On the other hand, it seems possible we're going to see some deeper story about Hanbei. Texts about how he didn't have a lot of time and didn't want to rest are rather significant. However, I do not expect of him any miraculous reformation and I'm positive about I wouldn't even want it.

I feel SB2 is going to be much more epic than the first season. Not bad thing itself. It can even be better than the first season.
Jul 22, 2010 2:34 PM

May 2008
It was awsome, I'm falling in love with this series again! Loved the fight between Date and Takenaka~ I'm looking forward to the next episode~
Jul 23, 2010 6:19 AM

Feb 2010
I think it's just me, but this episode made me emotional. I cried during the scene where Toyotomi's men stepped on Oshu's flag, it just shows how Date is without Kojuro. I really can't hate Hanbei because I already know the reason why he's rushing things up and using underhanded tactics and I believe he doesn't even want use dirty tricks.

This season is better than the first and the plot is super interesting. Takeda Shingen sending away Yukimura and saying something like things that seemed like parting words. Oh and Chousokabe my love is in danger.

Words aren't enough to describe my love for this series.
Jul 23, 2010 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was truly amazing and like many said very emotional! Honestly this surprised me, positively. Sengoku Basara doesn't seem like an Anime where one would feel sad seeing all that high tension. I can't dislike Hanbei, though. He isn't really a "bad" person, not at all.

This episode was truly stunning. I enjoyed every single second of it.
I'm sure the second season will turn out way better than season one because the storyline is really amazing.
Oh how I missed Sengoku Basara.
Jul 23, 2010 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
I'm enjoying this much more than the first season but I prefer the OP of the first Basara xD. Looking forward the next episode :3
Jul 23, 2010 3:08 PM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Well at his level he might even need more than just a bankai.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 25, 2010 6:39 AM

May 2008
This show is getting epic cant wait for more fighting

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 27, 2010 11:05 PM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed this more than the first episode. The first episode felt like a season highlight reel, but in this one things are in motion and coming to a head with awesome action. Big improvement.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 12 Discussion

sayami - Jan 24, 2011

32 by sharosharo »»
Apr 20, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 11 Discussion

Koko-Bear - Sep 16, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 20, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2010

23 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 5, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Basara Two Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 29, 2010

33 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.