Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 17, 2010 6:02 PM

Jul 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode airs at around this time in Japan, making it the more proper thread.

Marineford begins, and new opening.

Jul 17, 2010 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
I'm hoping this new opening blasts that last one out of the water.
Jul 17, 2010 6:07 PM

Jul 2006
DeadBonesBrook said:
I'm hoping this new opening blasts that last one out of the water.
It should be on youtube within the next couple of minutes hopefully :3

Jul 17, 2010 6:32 PM

Jul 2006
Because you made it like 2 hours before it aired in Japan.

I could easily do the same thing, I could take it a step further and make 1 year worth of episode discussion threads, just I don't.

and yeah, I love the new OP. hopefully a better quality is put up soon. the 2 I found suck.

Jul 17, 2010 6:33 PM

Jul 2006

Jul 17, 2010 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
FUCK YEAR NEW OP
Jul 17, 2010 7:36 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder what anime only guys thought about the Gold Roger reveal

and aww yeah nice new opening. Really fitting and un-one piece-like for the end of a saga that has been very un-one piece-like
Jul 17, 2010 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
What? No poll?

Opening's not bad, but the animation could have been a lot better. It looked like the cheap animation they use in episodes they don't feel like putting any quality in. Or, the current Naruto fight episodes. Bah.

For a second there I thought this was going to be a damn two-parter the way they were dragging this on. LET'S GO ALREADY!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 17, 2010 7:50 PM

Jul 2006
kevin_video said:
What? No poll?

Opening's not bad, but the animation could have been a lot better. It looked like the cheap animation they use in episodes they don't feel like putting any quality in. Or, the current Naruto fight episodes. Bah.

For a second there I thought this was going to be a damn two-parter the way they were dragging this on. LET'S GO ALREADY!
I tried putting one in, but it didn't show up when posted =\

Jul 17, 2010 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah OP does kinda look cheaply made, but still...

I can't help but nerdgasm seeing everyone animated like that. Can't wait to watch this shit.
Jul 17, 2010 8:30 PM

Nov 2009
woot nice new OP and I cant wait for the fight to begin
[from someone who reads the manga]
Jul 17, 2010 8:36 PM

Jul 2007
link9us said:
HollywoodJustice said:
ninkendo said:

and aww yeah nice new opening. Really fitting and un-one piece-like for the end of a saga that has been very un-one piece-like

I'll be surprised if there are any anime only guys that did not know Ace was Rogers son. When that happened in the manga, I told over a million people to start reading the manga because I saw it as another "L dies" kind of thing. And basically, all of my buddies that don't read the manga ended up learning about this someway. Though it'll be nice if some people were able to live under a rock for the last couple of months.

The only thing I did not like was how the anime switched some scenes up. Sengoku tells everyone Roger is Aces father, then there is a brief flashback. In the anime, before it is revealed, we see part of the flashback. It was kind of obvious, but still.

Wow dude put a spoiler tag, my god. Your lucky i actually read the manga, i just hope no one else see's this post. But yeah its kind of a subtle hint that was thrown in there and will have less of a shocking impact when it actually happens later on in the arc.

A spoiler tag... for a spoiler in the episode discussion thread for the episode the spoiler's in?

Are you retarded?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 17, 2010 9:39 PM

Jan 2010
HollywoodJustice said:
ninkendo said:

I'll be surprised if there are any anime only guys that did not know Ace was Rogers son. When that happened in the manga, I told over a million people to start reading the manga because I saw it as another "L dies" kind of thing. And basically, all of my buddies that don't read the manga ended up learning about this someway. Though it'll be nice if some people were able to live under a rock for the last couple of months.

The only thing I did not like was how the anime switched some scenes up. Sengoku tells everyone Roger is Aces father, then there is a brief flashback. In the anime, before it is revealed, we see part of the flashback. It was kind of obvious, but still.

Guess I live under a rock then. This totally threw me off. My eyes are still stuck open, as a matter of fact. Seriously though, doesn't that mean that Luffy and Ace aren't related after all?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 17, 2010 10:30 PM

Feb 2010
Actually the episode has been subbed. Check tokyotosho
Jul 17, 2010 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Can't believe what just happened. The origins of Ace had already been spoiled for me by some manga reading One Piece fans that can't keep manga discussions out of anime only threads, but it was still shocking to see it for myself. Can't wait for the next episode. Just hope they cut down on the fluff.
Jul 18, 2010 12:06 AM

Jul 2007
link9us said:
Splitter said:
link9us said:
HollywoodJustice said:
ninkendo said:

Wow dude put a spoiler tag, my god. Your lucky i actually read the manga, i just hope no one else see's this post. But yeah its kind of a subtle hint that was thrown in there and will have less of a shocking impact when it actually happens later on in the arc.

A spoiler tag... for a spoiler in the episode discussion thread for the episode the spoiler's in?

Are you retarded?

Nope technically the episode hasn't been subbed yet so for any one that does know what to expect in this upcoming episode you shouldn't talk bout the episode until it's actually been properly subbed.

www.onepieceofficial.com

Thank you for proving that, yes, you are indeed retarded.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 18, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
Shocking aint it it only gets better :)

5/5
Jul 18, 2010 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
wow the animation in OP was fucking amazing.. i mean when they showed Admirals and Shichibukai's and Wb pirates...

so the second most epic arc in OnePiece starts NOW 8D
Jul 18, 2010 1:08 AM

May 2007
win win win

Jul 18, 2010 1:43 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh well, kinda expected that already, how many more episodes till the fight starts?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 18, 2010 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
Yep, the epicness starts now!
good-timeJul 18, 2010 2:23 AM
Jul 18, 2010 1:50 AM

Oct 2009
I really hope it regains its charm soon. Impel Down was good and got really good near the end but wow it's been a slow few months.
Jul 18, 2010 2:29 AM
Jun 2008
NEW OP!!!!!
I been praying whole week for not getting another recap and I think my wish has come true ^^
Why izzit the king of Pirate 's execution is less grand than Ace's execution??
MorningGloryJul 18, 2010 2:34 AM
Jul 18, 2010 2:44 AM

May 2008
Now this was a surprise.
Jul 18, 2010 2:48 AM

May 2010
Quite boring. I understand, some introduction is needed, but we had already so many filler episodes. Only the new opening rocked.
Jul 18, 2010 3:09 AM

Jun 2008
never read the manga for one piece but after watching this episode, im a very surprised to find out ace is rogers son, really cant wait until the crew is back together
Jul 18, 2010 3:52 AM

Feb 2009
Holy crap! Sure that was slow, but this was epic build up, they really know how to set up the mood.

I really can't wait for the main event, the war!
Jul 18, 2010 4:28 AM

Feb 2010
nice build up episode let the war start :).
Jul 18, 2010 4:47 AM

Jun 2009
cool episode and BTW love the new op song
Jul 18, 2010 6:10 AM

Jun 2007
ninkendo said:

BRB, picking up my jaw off the floor. I'm not properly in the anime/manga fandom much anymore (as in, checking sites all the time) so it was a complete and utter shock. Brilliant, though.

I kinda like the new OP. It doesn't sound very One Piece, but the sombre-ness of it is very fitting to the type of story One Piece is currently telling.
JaymiiJul 18, 2010 6:21 AM

Jul 18, 2010 6:22 AM

Apr 2009
lol cant you people see the another thread ?)
Jul 18, 2010 6:38 AM

Feb 2009
Holy crap! Sure that was slow, but this was epic build up, they really know how to set up the mood.

I really can't wait for the main event, the war!

minor spoiler
VeethornJul 18, 2010 6:49 AM
Jul 18, 2010 7:20 AM
Mar 2010
Wish they would release a 720p version already
Jul 18, 2010 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
i really like the new op, dont think anyone could say it doesnt suit the whitebeard war arc.

enjoyed the episode even though it could of easily been compacted into 5 minutes
Jul 18, 2010 9:33 AM

Dec 2007
The new op is much better then the previous one ^^ Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 18, 2010 9:41 AM
Jun 2010
I read the manga after Impel Down, so yeah obviously i freakin know about the revelations already. But one thing that makes me still want to watch every one piece episode that goes on public is because the ANIME IS A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE. The anime may be an adaptation of the manga but it still stands on its own, so i will still be pissed if manga readers spoil things all over the place. When you read the manga, you get the picture and the story. When you watch the anime, you get the action. Credits to One piece and Oda-sensei for giving me the same level of amazed feelings whenever i get updates on the two.

yeah the episode dragged on but maybe it's only because we waited for the whole week just to see Ace walking up the stairs and get a glimpse of that shocking truth with Ace as Roger's son. But i think it's a good thing that they're taking things slow because the next happenings will surely be epics, so they're definitely worth the wait.

the opening's kinda depressing, but it suits One Piece now so no complaints about that.
Jul 18, 2010 11:04 AM

May 2008
Now this was a surprise.
Jul 18, 2010 4:21 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't expected that. Nice one :)
Jul 18, 2010 11:12 PM
Jul 19, 2010 3:11 AM

Jul 2009
This episode did a good way of introducing the start of the war. I hope that the animation will be awesome in this arc... since that will make it more epic than ever.

Oh yeah, new opening... and it was great :D
This is a signature.
Jul 19, 2010 4:51 AM

Dec 2007
The new OP is excellent.

Keeps me pumped up to the rest of the arc. :D
Jul 19, 2010 4:57 AM

Jul 2009
The build-up to this arc is killing me. I can't wait to see how they animate some of the fights :P
Jul 19, 2010 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
Thread merged
Jul 19, 2010 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
link9us said:
I know its a shame, that OP manga readers just can't seem to keep there mouth shut.

I do want to mention though for any one who has not read the manga, PLEASE don't read this arc. This arc has some of the most shocking developments in the anime so it would be a shame if it was spoiled due to discussion about the manga in a "anime only" thread.

you know....telling people not to do something usually makes em wanna do it lol
Jul 19, 2010 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
so much filler, but they ended it in very good way
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 19, 2010 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
MorningGlory said:
NEW OP!!!!!
I been praying whole week for not getting another recap and I think my wish has come true ^^
Why izzit the king of Pirate 's execution is less grand than Ace's execution??

Because no one like Whitebeard was coming to save gold roger. That idea would scare anyone.
Jul 19, 2010 1:19 PM

Apr 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so much filler, but they ended it in very good way

there was no filler. (except the bit with buggy)

the chapter had those panels.. ( they were little) the animators just animated them..
Jul 19, 2010 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Really epic

I wonder why the translators make such huge errors while translating. Who the fuck is GOLD Roger? It is GOL D. ROGER, it is a damn big mistake if you keep the significance of "D" in mind
Jul 19, 2010 2:14 PM
Mar 2008
flame_master_14 said:
HollywoodJustice said:
ninkendo said:

Guess I live under a rock then. This totally threw me off. My eyes are still stuck open, as a matter of fact. Seriously though, doesn't that mean that Luffy and Ace aren't related after all?

YEEESSSSSS!!!!! I was waiting for just that question... ^(^,^)^

hJ said:
Great episode. Really epic

I wonder why the translators make such huge errors while translating. Who the fuck is GOLD Roger? It is GOL D. ROGER, it is a damn big mistake if you keep the significance of "D" in mind

Actually, it's part of the storyline. Gol D. Roger is, in fact, referred to as Gold Roger, something that happened somewhere between his pre-pirate king era and during.

In other words, it's not a translation error.
Jul 19, 2010 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
animefan82 said:
flame_master_14 said:
HollywoodJustice said:

Actually, it's part of the storyline. Gol D. Roger is, in fact, referred to as Gold Roger, something that happened somewhere between his pre-pirate king era and during.

In other words, it's not a translation error.

Thanks for clearing the doubt :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
Today, 8:09 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.