Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Aoi Hana Chapter 34 Discussion


#1
Jul 17, 2010 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 288
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ahhhhh finally a little progress here and I can't wait for the next chapter. But anyways I wonder how long they will last or will Ah-chan fall in love with Fumi-chan?!
 
#2
Jul 17, 2010 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1388
I seriously hate how the mangaka tells the story: sometimes I don't know where are the characters, if the things are happening in the past or present or even how are the ones talking, but it's good to know that at least something is happening.
 
#3
Jul 18, 2010 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 810
My face at the end of the chapter:
8DDDD

Progress is awesome.
 
#4
Jul 18, 2010 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 46
This chapter was pure win in my opinion. I think every chapter is getting better and better. The anticipation is really gonna kill me at this rate...
 
#5
Jul 19, 2010 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2736
first date is coming :)
 
#6
Jul 19, 2010 11:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 99
After reading this, I squealed with joy like a little girl. A date - FINALLY!
 
#7
Jul 24, 2010 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 389
AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW O//////////O

This chapter made me rate it one point higher, actually! If it goes on like this, I might screw the flaws and give it even an 8 ;o

So cute!!!
 
#8
Jul 25, 2010 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 403
This chapter was so cute! I can't wait to see if Fumi and Akira's dating works out :D
 
#9
Jul 28, 2010 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Finally a date!!! Jeezz.. took them long enough ><
 
Aug 15, 2010 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 67
Hurray! A date! It's funny, as "slow paced" as this manga is, it always keeps me on the edge of my seat x] So much anticipation
 
Sep 2, 2010 6:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 209
I think that they will find very quickly that just going out on a date will be nothing more then what their normal status-quo was before. they were really close friends that told each other everything and were always together. A date would be just like when they went out to that coffee shop though it might be slightly more awkward for Akira sense she will likely think that something should be different about the interaction.
I'm thinking that they will likely notice that everything was the same the whole time and try to do something like kiss ^_^ this would please me.

; Kaigen
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."
(Rokujou Ruri, Azure Dream, manga)

-"Shinobu, even if this body should turn to ash, I will never leave you."
(Naitou Momoko, shoujo-sect, manga)
 
Sep 14, 2010 6:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
Meh, I dunno how I feel about this. I mean, it's kind of expected but at the same time it's a little disappointing, just because it's pairing up the main characters after -not- having them be a couple for such a long time. I'm also just generally not sure if Akira's interesting enough as a character to be a good match for Fumi, at least from a storytelling perspective. I mean, Fumi always pretty much stole the show for depth, and Sugimoto was probably the only other character who came close, so that worked pretty well, but with the whole friend dynamic being established between them I'm not sure how I see Akira and Fumi's relationship working. Them getting together takes away some external sources of conflict for both of them and given their existing relationship, I'm not sure them dating is likely to introduce new conflicts (as Fumi and Sugimoto's relationship did).

Plus, Akira being new to dating, and Fumi being... Fumi, I'm predicting that any situation requiring one of them to make the first move will go on for at least seven months.
 
Aug 3, 2016 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 491
I nearly fell of my chair wow
Ad impossibilia nemo tenetur.
 
Dec 14, 2016 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1581
Hehe nice chapter. ^^
 
May 11, 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1041
kaigen said:
I think that they will find very quickly that just going out on a date will be nothing more then what their normal status-quo was before. they were really close friends that told each other everything and were always together. A date would be just like when they went out to that coffee shop though it might be slightly more awkward for Akira sense she will likely think that something should be different about the interaction.


Exactly. It's kind of funny, because they've gone out lots of times before, this time it would just be in a different context.

DuoHimura said:
it's a little disappointing, just because it's pairing up the main characters after -not- having them be a couple for such a long time.


I don't get it. Two characters gradually realizing their feelings for each other is very common in romance stories. Witnessing this process is, like, half the fun for most of the audience. And while the two haven't been a couple so far, they have been getting closer and closer up to this point. It's exactly the opposite of a "love at first sight" affair, like the one with Yasuko.

DuoHimura said:
I'm also just generally not sure if Akira's interesting enough as a character to be a good match for Fumi, at least from a storytelling perspective. I mean, Fumi always pretty much stole the show for depth, and Sugimoto was probably the only other character who came close, so that worked pretty well, but with the whole friend dynamic being established between them I'm not sure how I see Akira and Fumi's relationship working. Them getting together takes away some external sources of conflict for both of them and given their existing relationship, I'm not sure them dating is likely to introduce new conflicts (as Fumi and Sugimoto's relationship did).


Understandable. For someone who doesn't like Ah-chan, these developments would be boring. But I disagree, I think Ah-chan is interesting in her own right, if not to the same extent as Yasuko, Fumi or Kyouko. Sure, she doesn't have a dark past, she's not super selfish and she doesn't have a possible relationship addiction. But I still think she adds an interesting perspective, especially now that she's confused by Fumi's feelings.

undead_blopa said:
I seriously hate how the mangaka tells the story: sometimes I don't know where are the characters, if the things are happening in the past or present or even how are the ones talking, but it's good to know that at least something is happening.


The transitions are noticeable, one just has to pay attention to the panel borders, the coloring and, well, the visuals in general. One doesn't just read manga, one has to "watch" it as well. I say that, while I get turned around sometimes, too.
Modified by LeeTailor, May 11, 7:39 AM