Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2010 10:34 AM

Jul 2010
I have a feeling this has been posted in the past, but isn't on the first two pages so :) :).

I'm currently in a stalemate really, because I finished what I presume will always be the best romance anime I've seen. Now, after the dust settles I want to get over this quick, but also watch something I've enjoyed. I think I'm going to rewatch Spice And wolf.

Now, aside from my current position; what are your opinions on rewatching anime and how often do you rewatch ? How long do you normally wait before rewatching an anime ? It's been almost 3/4ths of a year for me, so I think it'd be vague enough for enjoyment.

What kinds of anime do you find most enjoyable to rewatch?

I could etc. w/ a couple hundred questions involving rewatching anime but I won't~Just keep a general discussion of it, I suppose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2010 10:37 AM

Oct 2009
i only really rewatch one or two shows, usually stuff without a plut and a lot of comedy. im currently rewatching azumanga daioh for the ninth time, usually watch that every 2 or 3 months
Jul 17, 2010 10:39 AM

May 2008
Magipoka, Lucky Star and something I haven't touched in awhile.
Jul 17, 2010 11:51 AM

Jun 2010
since I couldn't afford that many titles when I was in high school, I re-watch most of the few shows that I own namely Yuyu hakusho, Hellsing, Maria-sama ga miteru, Sakura Taisen ovas, BGC etc. more than 5 times.

for now the average times I could rewatch a title is 2 times since there are lots of titles i need to catch up on. my head will explode.
Jul 17, 2010 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
I only rewatch the ones that amuse me and the ones I enjoy even after knowing what happens, these are usually parody / comedy manga (I've re-watched gintama x3/4 ish, and sayonara zetsubou sensei like x2)
Ones that have the "super amazing secret twists" at the end, aren't that fun, because half of the enjoyment is the mystery, so watching something like say.. monster again (not that it was easy to get through the first time) is a no no for me.

Really short ones too, like I can see myself re-watching FLCL in the near future, not only because it's 6 episodes but it's funny, over the top and just all around enjoyable.

Though I really want to re-watch samurai champloo and darker than black soon, so action ones with good action / plot are nice to re-watch too.

In a nutshell: comedy / short / good action to re-watch.
Mystery = no no. Same could probably be said about strictly romance for me (though I want to re-watch lovely complex / read it instead, and bokura ga ita)
Jul 17, 2010 12:05 PM
Jun 2010
So far, I've only rewatched romance-type animes. >_> Lets see... Watched Eureka 7 three times, same with Toradora! and Clannad/After Story. :|
Jul 17, 2010 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah, it's all down to what you really enjoyed and what you'll enjoy again if you start it back up, everyone's tastes are different : o
Jul 17, 2010 12:17 PM

Apr 2009
Ive rewatched:

Gurren Lagann 3x
Kuroshitsuji 2x
Fruits Basket 3x
DN Angel 3x
Jul 17, 2010 12:22 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm.. is there a set time between each time you watch a show?
I mean xD I have watched Saki 3 times in a row and Shakugan no shana season 1, 2 times in a row.

I just re-watch the anime if I want to see it again.
I may have close to 100 anime waiting to get completed on my HDD.
But I may not be in the mood to start any of them, while I may want to re-watch another.
Well then I re-watch it. and let the others wait.

I have re-watched maybe around 20% of what I got.
or at least close to that.
Jul 17, 2010 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
have only re-watched Slayers,Slayers Next and Slayers Try only once when i got the DVD's but other then that i mainly avoid re-watching cause there is so much fresh material to watch instead of using time on the same old stuff.
Jul 17, 2010 12:29 PM

Dec 2008
I'm rewatching Bleach and thinking about rewatching Naruto
Death Note is one of my rewatchs
BECK;I lost the count
these are the last ones I rewatched I like rewatching the nice ones ^^

Jul 17, 2010 12:33 PM
Dec 2009
Welcome to the NHK!, I have rewatched it a lot! Others I have rewatched are Kino's Journey, lucky star, Berserk!
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Jul 17, 2010 12:34 PM

Jun 2010
only rewatched a few shows, death note, fate/stay night and soul eater, mainly episodes around 50 episodes, i watch them after a few months depending on if i feel like it lol

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Jul 17, 2010 12:49 PM

May 2008
What is this best romance ever?

Jul 17, 2010 12:51 PM

Sep 2009
Things I forgot

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Jul 17, 2010 1:07 PM

Jul 2010
How is deathnote for rewatch value: I remember the ending clearly but not so much the middle part

also might watch code geass again should be a good week with all that and spice + wolf
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 17, 2010 1:14 PM

Feb 2007
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:
How is deathnote for rewatch value: I remember the ending clearly but not so much the middle part

I rewatched Death Note 2 times and i must say it was as exciting as always, maybe because i waited a while before re watching it so i didnt remember 100% of what happend.

Also comedy animes are good to rewatch as they are always funny, and usually there isnt a big plot, its just randomness :P

Basilisk is also one of the animes i rewatched and i loved every minute of it.
Jul 17, 2010 1:37 PM
May 2010
1 or 2 random episodes of Lucky Star or Azumanga Daioh when I want to get in a good mood.
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Jul 17, 2010 2:07 PM
Jun 2010
corbenic said:
What is this best romance ever?

Opinions vary from person to person. Even before finishing; I find Maison Ikkoku to be my favorite of romances. It's realistic and pretty funny; but there is still a nice sense of romance; although it's a bit dragged out; and I'm not quite sure how it finishes. If it finishes on a high note, this will definitely be my favorite, if not; I guess I'd have to go with something like Toradora! (Meh, I haven't watched many romances).
Jul 17, 2010 2:21 PM

May 2007
I rewatch stuff usually when I get the urge, provided I have extra time to watch them again. Usually, I like to watch anime with e-friends so if they're watching my favorite show, I just hop in with them that time.
Jul 17, 2010 2:32 PM

Jun 2010
ive rewatched only Lain.
Jul 17, 2010 2:40 PM

Oct 2009
chibuki said:
I rewatch stuff usually when I get the urge, provided I have extra time to watch them again. Usually, I like to watch anime with e-friends so if they're watching my favorite show, I just hop in with them that time.

Me too, execpt my urge to rewatch things is quite frequent. I've probably rewatched at least once 25% of all the series I've seen. I also hop in when my irl friends decides to watch my reccomendations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2010 3:05 PM
Jun 2010
I always watch them first, and I have few friends with who tell me "oh let's watch this!" (which is 99% sure that I've already completed it), and we watch them at school, one episode a day or more if possible, so I've re-watched like 80% of the anime I've seen x_x

But if I re-watch on my own, it is usually something I really liked like Death Note/Code Geass and comedy (they are always a good option). But I guess it goes down to my mood.

Also, when there is "X" anime airing, and the Fansub group is taking a while to release the episodes, I have to re-watch the previous episodes because I forget stuff with so much time in between :P (this way I've re-watched a few complete series).
Jul 17, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
Rarely do I rewatch series. I rewatched K-On. My opinion at first: moe garbage. On second viewing: not that bad a show, starts to fall in the middle, but nowhere near a great show. And GTO is the only show I've watched three times. It starts to suck on its third viewing though.

I will however rewatch a few episodes of show I pick back up after dropping it.
Jul 17, 2010 3:55 PM

Feb 2010
I generally rewatch series, either because I don't want to start a new series or because I am seeing them with someone else. I think I have rewatched about 20-25% of my list. I usually rewatch short seriesm movies and OVAs though.
Jul 17, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
Really seems like it's down the middle with a little more rewatchers than non.

Seems to be: Well, I enjoy the story, even if I dont forget the end. And it can still surprise me

Or:

If it was good it was memorable, I only rewatch SOME comedys at that.

Amusing to see both sides, really.
Jul 17, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
rewatching Angel Beats!
Stupid 3rd World Country

Jul 17, 2010 4:33 PM

May 2010
I don't think I could rewatch comedies, for me once the joke has been made, it's less funny the second time. If I were to rewatch a comedy, it would be after a couple years so that I had forgotten all the jokes.

I like to rewatch shows that I know I'll get something out of that I missed the first time. Miyazaki movies, for example, have lots of little artistic flourishes that I might not notice the first time, or shows like Evangelion (which I've rewatched twice) or Lain (which I'm going to rewatch) have rewatch value.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 17, 2010 5:15 PM

Dec 2008
I am prone to and kind of tend to rewatch movies compared to series. However, I do rewatch most of what I have, at least once. I also tend to watch certain episodes multiple times. Like, if I'm in a Christmas-y mood, I'll watch all the Christmas episodes of all the series I have, things like that.

But I love rewatching things. I have more of a base idea of what's going to happen so then I can ease up and enjoy parts that I initially missed or thought nothing of. I especially love rewatching things with friends who haven't seen it, because then I can see their perspective of things when we talk about it.

As for how long I wait... I don't think it matters. Sometimes I've wanted to rewatch a series almost immediately, and other times years apart. It depends on my mood and how much I liked the series, or how big my curiosity is to analyze it again.
Jul 17, 2010 5:20 PM

Jun 2009
I only rewatch short stuff. The shorter and better it is, the more likely I am to rewatch it. I watched Comedy about 4 times, and Mizu no Kotaba I think 3. I remember after I watched Air, I immediately watched it over again, because it blew my mind that much. My mind has gotten more resistant to being blown recently, though.

T1mkAz said:
ive rewatched only Lain.
That's one worth watching over just to understand. Confusing stuff.
Jul 17, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2010
Rewatching is great. If someone enjoys a series enough to rewatch it was must be pretty good. I've rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist about 4 times now, I'm due for another rewatch xD I've also rewatched Air Gear and Ouran High School Host Club, and I definitely intend to rewatch Soul Eater. I'll wait a few months, whenever I feel I've really forgotten an anime that I want to remember.

BTW, I can't wait to watch Spice and Wolf.
A N I M E & M A N G A videos:
http://youtube.com/theRAofEdwardElric

SUSTAIN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIak-O1BwM
Jul 17, 2010 8:39 PM

Jul 2010
I want to set up a SnW little meet w/ my friends, but I'm out of town for the time being so it's unfortunate. :(. SERIOUSLY HOPING THEY ANNOUNCE THE THIRD SEASON FOR CHIRSTMAS-OH GOD WHAT A XMAS GIFT :).

Im going to watch FMA:B dubbed, when it's done(40 weeks from now) and see if I enjoy it even half as much as the sub,
Jul 17, 2010 8:43 PM

Feb 2010
I only re-watch if it was one of my fav series or to clear things i didn't understand before
Jul 18, 2010 10:12 AM

Feb 2010
I've rewatched with friends who aren't as much into anime as I am (to convince them :P):

Death Note
Code Geass
Trigun
Baccano!
Darker Than Black
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Elfenlied
Ghibli movies
some episodes of Kino no Tabi

Alone I've only rewatched Planetes and Cowboy Bebop and would do it again.

Also I'm planning to rewatch botch Samurai Champloo and Mushishi.

Btw almost all of the rewatches were dubbed, mostly after seeing it subbed before and because my friends don't like subtitles when I watch anime with them. Also this way the rewatching gets a bit more interesting.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 18, 2010 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
CardcaptorKitty said:
I am prone to and kind of tend to rewatch movies compared to series. However, I do rewatch most of what I have, at least once. I also tend to watch certain episodes multiple times. Like, if I'm in a Christmas-y mood, I'll watch all the Christmas episodes of all the series I have, things like that.

But I love rewatching things. I have more of a base idea of what's going to happen so then I can ease up and enjoy parts that I initially missed or thought nothing of. I especially love rewatching things with friends who haven't seen it, because then I can see their perspective of things when we talk about it.

As for how long I wait... I don't think it matters. Sometimes I've wanted to rewatch a series almost immediately, and other times years apart. It depends on my mood and how much I liked the series, or how big my curiosity is to analyze it again.

lol i find that i often forget subtle humor VERY quickly, and since i watch tons of series, that makes me forget even easier. shows like lucky star are also nice, since between each run usually ill pick up enough anime to recognize a few new references xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 10:52 AM

Dec 2009
I rewatch things I can't remember much of, but I remember loving ^^ I'm rewatching the entire Sailor Moon series again, and I'm going to start on Dragon Ball later. I usually rewatch a couple months or years later, depending on when I want to watch it.
Feed my Pets Plz? :3

Jul 18, 2010 11:28 AM

Apr 2008
Anything in my top 5 I've rewatched several times. The one series I think I've rewatched the most has to be Outlaw Star.

I tend to rewatch things when I find myself not really wanting to pay attention to something new. Since I know the plots and lines pretty much by heart, I can kind of multitask and do other things while the series play in the background. It's more of a comfort thing for me.
Jun 7, 2012 10:30 AM

Dec 2011
I've rewatched shows like death note and monster about 2-3 times because even though i know what's gonna to happen i have a better understanding of the plot every time i watch it like i'll be like now i see why he did that and so on it usually works best for me on psychological anime or mysteries
Jun 7, 2012 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I never rewatch all the episode of anime but only the most important scenes because I don't have a lot of time to do that.
Jun 7, 2012 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
I tend to rewatch most of the shows if I really enjoyed them. This is especially when the series is either fairly straightforward or the type that becomes even better in retrospect. Other times I might rewatch a series just because I'm showing it to a friend.
Jun 7, 2012 12:07 PM
Dec 2010
ofc you rewatch animes that you liked. the problem is that I need min 1-2 years to rewatch an anime, or I'll know every fuckin move the characters make in that anime.
Jun 7, 2012 12:22 PM

May 2011
I'm a re-watcher and re-player.

Especially when it comes to any of my favourites, well-known mainstream anime or other childhood memory anime. No matter what, I've re-watched them at least once-twice.

Some anime transcend the one-two time re-watch limit though. Like I think I've watched Spice and Wolf Season 1 about 8 times and FF7 Advent Children/ Advent Children: Complete about 700 times lol.

Of course, length of a series is also a big factor. If a series is like Bleach/One Piece long I find myself just re-watching memorable scenes, unless I know I have a free summer or something.

I took a minor break and tried some new series' but I'll be back to my ways soon enough. FMAB is the new target ^^
Jun 7, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
Currently rewatching Gintama. I usually wait a year before rewatching stuff. The last time I rewatched Gintama was last April. Also I only ever rewatch things I score a 9 or above.

I mostly rewatch long-running series to remember what happened in earlier arcs and stuff. But honestly it just depends. The anime I rewatched before Gintama was Cardcaptor Sakura, which I rewatched about 6 months ago or something. I'm usually too preoccupied with the anime I'm currently watching so I don't rewatch stuff a lot. Only when I get an urge to.
Jun 7, 2012 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
I love rewatching anime! I usually wait about a year before I rewatch stuff just so that it isn't too clear in mind. I've been an anime fan for about five years now, so I've recently been rewatching the series I watched back then. After five years, my taste has completely changed and I enjoy the series completely differently than I did before. It's like a whole new experience!
Jun 7, 2012 1:54 PM
May 2012
i've only rewatched Puella Magi Madoka Magica

i very rarely rewatch anime
Jun 7, 2012 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
I actually want to rewatch Air Gear. I been pretty bored so I want to watch something good again.
Jun 7, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2011
I've re-watched Berserk 3 times as it's one of my favorite anime and also one of the first series that got me in to anime in the first place.

Also re-watched FLCL 3 times because it's short, funny, and I saw it on TV at least twice. It's not a particularly awesome series but just has that certain 'rewatch-ability' if you know what I mean. Plus I was much younger and didn't know much about anime back then, I honestly used to think FLCL was the best thing ever lol.

I'll probably want to watch Texhnolyze for a second time, it blew my freakin' mind last year and I keep thinking about it.
Jun 7, 2012 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
I'm the type of person who never likes to re-watch or re-read anything. I just feel like since I already watched it once, that's enough for me. I sometimes do though, when I feel bored or if I want to refresh my memory and see what happened in the anime again.
Jun 7, 2012 5:36 PM
Jun 2012
kandysweet said:
I'm the type of person who never likes to re-watch or re-read anything. I just feel like since I already watched it once, that's enough for me.....

For me the only thing I was able to re-watch was Amagami SS + I don't think it will ever bore me no matter how many times I watch it like if I don't know which other anime to watch, I just look at Yamada's First Time.
Jun 7, 2012 8:45 PM

Oct 2011
I can't really rewatch something, since I have a remarkable memory when it comes to anime, so I usually find rewatching redundant and tedious (unfortunately, the same can't be said for my curriculum for Finals.....)

However, after one year, I can totally rewatch a series, since I've probably totally forgotten it by then.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

159 by TitanOfPlasma »»
6 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

11 by Takuya_Yagami »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 3 hours ago

12 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

30 by LoveLikeBlood »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 20 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.