Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2010 3:17 PM
Aug 2009
A 3rd season of Darker than Black. One that's a prequel to the 1st season. They only gave us a brief looks into Hei's past and the emergence of contractors, so I think there is a lot of material for a prequel. Also after seeing the second season I think a prequel is the way to go. What are your thoughts? Its not really that important, but I found myself thinking about it at work today.
Jul 16, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2008
I should probably get to watching that anime..
Jul 16, 2010 4:50 PM

May 2010
Who knows what the directors and producers are thinking these days...

I mean, look at code geass, almost 3 years later after its second season, a spin off is announced.
Jul 16, 2010 4:57 PM

Sep 2008
ahuman said:
A 3rd season of Darker than Black. One that's a prequel to the 1st season. They only gave us a brief looks into Hei's past and the emergence of contractors, so I think there is a lot of material for a prequel. Also after seeing the second season I think a prequel is the way to go. What are your thoughts? Its not really that important, but I found myself thinking about it at work today.

There was already a prequel to the 2nd season with the OVA's

and yes I would like a third season also....too much things left in the 'dark' especially after S2 and I want to see what happens to Yin
Jul 16, 2010 7:52 PM

Jun 2007
More Hei cant be bad
they just need a good story and um interest
Jul 16, 2010 8:01 PM

Jun 2010
I haven't seen the second season or any OVAs but more Darker Than Black is always good. I would also love to know more about Hei's past and Amber and Havoc, as well.
A N I M E & M A N G A videos:
http://youtube.com/theRAofEdwardElric

SUSTAIN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIak-O1BwM
Jul 16, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2007
theRightArm said:
I haven't seen the second season or any OVAs but more Darker Than Black is always good. I would also love to know more about Hei's past and Amber and Havoc, as well.
ah right that would be sweet
ad Hei's imouto as well
Jul 16, 2010 8:04 PM

Jul 2008
Jul 16, 2010 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
no no i didnt i think you are reading it wrongfully
Jul 16, 2010 8:18 PM

Jan 2010
Eh, the second season IMO was Darker than Black's chance to make up for the crappy ending they had in the first season, but then they forgot to give the entire second season a coherent plot or recognizable characters... And then ended in an even *more* nonsensical way.
I don't know if the third season would be capable of undoing the madness the second season created. I've heard the OVAs are decent, so maybe I should check those out some time...
Jul 16, 2010 9:33 PM
Aug 2009
Cholisose said:
Eh, the second season IMO was Darker than Black's chance to make up for the crappy ending they had in the first season, but then they forgot to give the entire second season a coherent plot or recognizable characters... And then ended in an even *more* nonsensical way.
I don't know if the third season would be capable of undoing the madness the second season created. I've heard the OVAs are decent, so maybe I should check those out some time...

I agree that the first and second seasons endings were not great, but if you think about a prequel season then there is no chance of having a nonsensical open ended finish because it would lead straight into the first season.
Jul 16, 2010 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't watch darker than black yet, But my thoughts, I think its a good anime.

Jul 16, 2010 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
Moved to series discussion.
Jul 16, 2010 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Cholisose said:

the OVA gives you a better understanding to the story in season 2....hence why its called S2's prequel
Jul 17, 2010 1:46 AM
Jul 2010
ahuman said:

ya dude thats a splendid idea, and i actually suggested that in 2 threads in the ovas forums before. it would be awesome to see more of hei and amber and understand wat was their relationship. i mean the flashbacks in season one of the south american gate always aroused my curiosity. anyways, lets hope they make a third season, and considering how the second ended, a sequal to the second season or a prequel to the first are both awesome. ( well if they actually make a prequel means that they have a plan of a sequal sometime later)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.