Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you thought was going to be bad but turned out to be great or amazing.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 9, 2010 12:35 AM

Aug 2010
hmmm...i would have to say Ah! my goddess, mainly because i highly doubted that anyone can be that nice and that much happy, but it turned out great for me being that it was a harem/love-comedy which i cant get enough of, plus im a huge fan of motorcycles and crotch rockets!
Sep 22, 2010 12:56 AM

Sep 2010
Howl's Moving Castle. It sounded SOO boring from the synopsis and the only reason I watched it was because I enjoyed Spirited Away. But I was SO surprised! I LOVED it! Now I own it!
Sep 22, 2010 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
Gilgamesh. Thought it was going to be another show about teenagers with superpowers fighting each other. but i really enjoyed it. had some great characters and a good story
Sep 22, 2010 5:06 AM

Aug 2010
People might hate me for saying this, but I thought Death Note would only be average. I ate those words.
Sep 22, 2010 7:11 AM

Feb 2010
Well I don't watch series that I expect to be bad in the first place....

But The Tatami Galaxy definitely succeeded my expectations. I didn't expect anything, I basically just watched it because it was ongoing and I had too much time at my hands, but it became one of my favorite animes :)
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 22, 2010 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
really there isnt much that i think is going to be bad that turns out to be good as most of the time i wont bother watching it because i have a lot of other 1s that i think will be good to watch so the only times i do watch such a show is when i get personal recommendations but most of the time my initial suspicions just get confirmed. the only exception i can think of at the moment is Spice And Wolf. i heard a lot about it and got it recommended by a few people and i was rather bored so i watched it. going into it i had pretty low expectations but i ended up rather liking it. didnt think it was great but still good.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Sep 22, 2010 8:19 AM

Aug 2007
Seitokai no Ichizon is the first thing that comes to my mind. I was convinced it was one of those obscure visual novel adaptations pertaining to the ever so shitty harem genre, but man, I can't believe how wrong I was.
Sep 22, 2010 8:45 AM

May 2010
Elfen Lied - well the first episode gave me mixed ideas.. but the next few episodes started to turn out okay.. i'm hoping it gets better in the end :-))
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think you could fall in love with a fairy?

Shizuna - Yesterday

43 by Lucifrost »»
52 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

66 by BitChilly »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

24 by ggultra2764 »»
7 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

126 by DaydreamPhoenix »»
12 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Yesterday

51 by Piromysl »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.