Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
Nice! An episode that focused on another member of S9. I always see Paz as a former Yakuza-like character coz of his appearance, and he actually always cool.

I hope it's the real Paz that survived but the "I have your Ghost inside me now" line and and the fact that they just simply went over without checking he's the real Paz (at least show us) simply screamed it's his ex that survived :(
Dec 15, 2019 2:43 PM

Nov 2016
Whether it's the real Pazu or not isn't the question that occupies my mind, it's whether the Major had sex with him or not...

But quite fitting to keep things ambigious about a character who stays in the backround most of the time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 13, 2020 3:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Who knew that Pazu was such a ladies man, lol. I wonder if Motoko had to sleep with him in order to reel him in and therefore got the "I never sleep with the same woman twice" treatment
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 30, 2020 8:32 PM
Nov 2018
this was really cool, more story on pazu. i like it when the more low key members of S9 get the spotlight like him, bouma, saito, and ishikawa
Sep 13, 2020 9:46 AM
Aug 2010
I just realized upon rewatch, that you hardly ever hear Pazu speak. It threw me off that I could not recognize his voice this episode.
Nov 4, 2021 1:18 AM

Aug 2015
I think it's the real paz who won, I mean there is no way she can beat a member of an elite unit in combat.
Nov 25, 2021 9:50 AM
Aug 2020
...the major totally slept with Paz, right?
Dec 15, 2022 10:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"Is that the real Pazu?"

"Probably"

based

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 16, 2023 9:09 PM
Oct 2017
Really interesting concept.

You would call Pazu's lover crazy, and I generally don't agree with the idea that the soul is in the skin. But the idea does have one point. Major has used a body similar to the one she was given as a kid, even when as a cyborg it is not necessary for her to look a like.

For Major, keeping the features she had since she was a kid is important, it gives her a sense of identity. It allows her to say "this is me". So in a way, you could say the soul is in the skin, the ghost, whatever you want to call it. The skin is only an appearance, but it contributes to the idea of you other people have. It is the you others can perceive.

I confess I used to have a similar obsession back in highschool and I wanted to become a girl I really liked, just as Pazu's lover, but to me it came from another place since I wanted to be like her and after I transitioned into female that crippling jealousy calmed down greatly. For Pazu's lover, it could simply be a way to stay with him forever, even when renouncing yo herself.

This is one of those concepts that I wish it wasn't just mentioned, but also explored deeply, you could make an entire series of this and it has many ramifications to go through. I had a few ideas for novels where a man dies and has to live inside his girlfriend's body to exist, but she loses control of the body due to an accident with the process so they have to try and live together as they are, the face of the girlfriend, but the personality of the boyfriendmaybe once I am in a better mental place I could expand it and develop it.

Still, even when it was short with it's concept, I think this was a great episode.

Also did Major imply she had sex with Pazu at the end of the episode?
Jun 12, 2023 12:51 PM

Dec 2022
Paz didn't speak afterwards. But since this is a standalone episode, it's pretty safe to assume that the real Paz won, since I doubt this episode's events will be brought up again.
Phixiately said:

Also did Major imply she had sex with Pazu at the end of the episode?

We'll never know, but not neccessarily. It could just be that Paz compulsively says that line to every woman he meets, regardless of whether they actually sleeps with him or not. It's like his catchphrase.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 1, 10:55 PM
Dec 2018
It's nice that the remaining members of the section are being highlighted

I enjoyed the episode, but I don't care much about who survived in the end, but I think it's the real Pazu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Oct 5, 2008

59 by Feli_Esmeralder »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

» Is Gouda Kazund the most underrated villain/antagonist ever?

Sasakop - Mar 21, 2023

4 by Darkfiend47 »»
Mar 30, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 25 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

33 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.