Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 14, 2010 9:17 AM
Apr 2008
Hi, just wondering if/when this second season will be picked up for an English release and dub.

Loved the first season, got it on DVD, and at the risk of being lynched I actually preferred the English dub to Japanese, which is rare for me, mainly because of Yuuko and Watanuki's voice work.

So... Yeah. I'd appreciate any yes, no and maybes anyone could give me regarding the possibility. I've been dying to watch the second season so at this point it's looking like I'm going to have to watch it with Jap dub, which I'm sure is great anyway.
Jul 14, 2010 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
Hello PrimalWrath. I'm just watching xxxHolic Kei myself and I don't think this will be licensed for English dub. The first season has been dubbed a long time ago, so I don't think they will make plans for a second season of dubbing. The kei series is from 2 years ago, which is a long time. I think if they were planning on dubbing Kei, they would have done it earlier. But maybe in the future.. you may never know.

Still though, I've watched the first season in English, and the second season in Japanese, and I got to say: it's really good!

Sorry for my bad English anyway, I'm not English myself.
Jul 14, 2010 3:30 PM
Apr 2008
Thanks for the reply Nerdo. You're probably right regarding the English dub. I think I'll go ahead and watch the second season in japanese, and if it ever gets licensed I'll have a reason to watch it all over again lol.
Aug 5, 2010 3:25 AM

Mar 2008
Which fansub group is the best for Season 2?

I'll probably never watch Season 2 subbed, but it's prob a good idea to archive the subs now just in case they get hard to obtained, and also just in case Season 2 never gets dubbed.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Aug 5, 2010 3:57 AM
Apr 2008
Hey Baby_Naruto,

Personally I can vouch for Shinsen Subs. I started watching this season recently and their work, as ever, is top notch.

I miss the voice actors from the season 1 Eng Dub, but it's still great stuff. I expect a lot of people prefer the Jap Dub anyway.

Hope this helps.
Aug 7, 2010 3:00 AM

Dec 2009
It's kinda hard to get season 2 in good quality. I tried Shinsen subs, but the quality is horrible sometimes. But hey, if you're a xxxHolic fan you will survive.
Oct 19, 2010 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
PrimalWrath said:
Hey Baby_Naruto,

Personally I can vouch for Shinsen Subs. I started watching this season recently and their work, as ever, is top notch.

I miss the voice actors from the season 1 Eng Dub, but it's still great stuff. I expect a lot of people prefer the Jap Dub anyway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll start archiving their subs of season 2 doesnt get dubbed soon.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
May 17, 2011 2:37 PM

Oct 2009
Did this ever come out in English?
Exclusively female yuri community with polls, games, member cards, and more. Join today.Recruiting Staff too!
Aug 5, 2021 5:38 AM
Mar 2018
I don't think there is an English dub still... I'm very sad...
I spent the entire first season with their English voices...
Colleen Clinkenbeard and Todd Haberkorn as Yuuko and Watanuki had grown on me...
Nov 9, 2022 1:21 AM
Sep 2022
I'd even take a fan dub. But, even as a dub loyalist, I'm probably going to watch through anyways because I've found the series to be a pleasant watch. If you binge the original dub, you can imagine the main character's voices as you read the sub. It just takes a lot of brain trickery and, if you're like me, inevitably missing text and some visuals along the way 🙁.

More topics from this board

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 9 Discussion

darkside099 - Jun 2, 2008

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 5, 2023 2:29 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 8 Discussion

Jacut - May 28, 2008

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 5, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

71 by pakstudent7788 »»
Aug 6, 2023 11:32 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC - Kei Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jul 19, 2008

60 by WatchSymphogear »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:53 PM

» Where can I find the original 4:3 version?

Leblunk - Dec 1, 2022

2 by Leblunk »»
Feb 16, 2023 3:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.