Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2010 8:51 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, what did you think? I really liked considering it was raw. I was hoping for the Kidd+Black Star battle to come in this chapter but I guess they're leaving that for later cuz it'll be more epic ;D
Death the Kid didn't really do much...but I have to comment on him since I'm an obsessive Kidd fangirl C:

Anyhoo! How did YOU like it? 8D
{ I give my bleeding heart out for one reason }

[pfp art by gon_oekaki on twitter]
Jul 13, 2010 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
i wanna see Kid & Black Star battle, it's bad that Ookubo didn't show it yet
so, we'll wait this about an another month
i hope to see a battle in the next chapter, and more Kid of course
also, did Ookubo forget about Crona? =\
- Wake up and sing!
- Shut up and sleep!
Jul 14, 2010 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
I was also hoping for the Kid vs Black Star fight. Cool to see Soul Eater using the piano again for defeat that guy. Also glad that Maka decided to fight instead of continue whining like a little girl. Hoping for the english translation too because I need to understand what happens.
Jul 16, 2010 4:34 PM

Sep 2009
Anyone else completely weirded out by the appearance of Girlicco?

I think I'm looking forward to Kid vs BlackStar... But I'm a little bit sad Liz and Patti got shoved out of the way. Still hoping for them to be the ones to really pull Kid out of his insanity. Even if it's after a massive beat-down.
Jul 18, 2010 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
omg! Kidd going melee! :)))
kidd is so cool,
PM me and let's be friends.
Jul 26, 2010 5:26 PM
Aug 2009
My thoughts about this chapter:
- So... Archne is alive... oh crap.
- Black Star is so cool!
- The new power of Soul and Maka is severely overpowered!! They can pass the soul wavelenght directly to the soul of the opponent, but i guess it won't be as effective against a real opponent.
- Kidd Vs Black Star = Ultimate Showndown of Ultimate Destiny.
- Girlicco... i have nothing to say of that.
Jul 26, 2010 5:38 PM

May 2009
Hoy could Arachne be alive? Soul ate her soul. If it wasn't her soul, he couldn't have become a deathscythe.
Jul 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Mar 2010
Now this is something I'm looking forward too.
Jul 26, 2010 9:15 PM

Oct 2007
viral_hun said:
Hoy could Arachne be alive? Soul ate her soul. If it wasn't her soul, he couldn't have become a deathscythe.

mabye he's not a true deathscythe yet? could leave room for a future powerup..
Jul 26, 2010 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
Nobody said that Archne is alive. Where did you find that moment? Maybe Giriko want to take her soul from Soul and then rebuild her body. Once she'd been a succcess in such a business.
Jul 27, 2010 12:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
What I want to know is why Soul is clothed now when he is in weapon mode :3
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 27, 2010 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
First time i didn't like a chapter of soul eater, i was expecting kid vs Black star, one more month then Oo
Jul 27, 2010 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
September here I come.
Jul 27, 2010 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
sovaca said:
Nobody said that Archne is alive. Where did you find that moment? Maybe Giriko want to take her soul from Soul and then rebuild her body. Once she'd been a succcess in such a business.

Because Giriko exploded and then appeared with another body, as he said, humans / witches don't just explode when they die, it was a golum, but about the soul, I think it may well be a substitute soul, seeing as you just need a witch's soul to become a DS, she could've possibly just switched her soul and escaped, but who knows.

Either way, I was really looking forward to kid v black star, but seeing maka and soul pull off a new technique is fine too, though I was expecting a little more for a DS.
Jul 27, 2010 3:32 AM
Aug 2008
I doubt Arachne is alive as they took her soul and Soul apparently gained some kinda special move from it, Megaman-like. I guess it's possible that she had two or is hiding dormant in it or something but I just don't get the feeling that that is the case.

Then again, the whole exchange between them was probably put there for a reason. It doesn't make sense that they would bother to talk about it otherwise.

Anyway, Giriko is one of my favorite characters so I'm glad (s)he's still alive, but what's with this author's recent obsession with gender swapping?
Jul 27, 2010 3:38 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah that's what confused me, did he mean he got the skill from her soul, or from fighting her? Because he pretty much learnt how to use the piano during her fight.
Multiple souls would be interesting though : o
Jul 27, 2010 5:54 AM

Oct 2008
Giriko, you're not big breasted. >.>

But I'm looking forward to Kidd & Black Star's battle.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 27, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
Cool!!! XD Can't wait for Kidd and Black Star's showdown! >.<
Jul 27, 2010 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
BakaKawaii said:
Yeah that's what confused me, did he mean he got the skill from her soul, or from fighting her?

Her soul. Soul said that they use the spider queen's power.
Naruleach said:
What I want to know is why Soul is clothed now when he is in weapon mode :3

XD. I want to know too. And this is not a special ability of death scythe, because Spirit in weapon mode is naked.
sovacaJul 27, 2010 9:21 AM
Jul 27, 2010 9:32 AM

Nov 2009
Good chapter though I'm getting a bit tired of Maka and Soul getting owned all the time, they just need to kick some ass, cos its getting boring!
Jul 27, 2010 12:16 PM
Jun 2009
useless chapter, I miss medusa and excalibur. +one month waiting, but at least we will see the third round of the kid and blackstar battle (I bet 10 iene on kid)
Jul 27, 2010 2:56 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
He said he didn't have a choice in becoming a woman, but I have a feeling he was lying lol.
Jul 27, 2010 7:59 PM

Feb 2010
BakaKawaii said:
sovaca said:

Because Giriko exploded and then appeared with another body, as he said, humans / witches don't just explode when they die, it was a golum, but about the soul, I think it may well be a substitute soul, seeing as you just need a witch's soul to become a DS, she could've possibly just switched her soul and escaped, but who knows.

Either way, I was really looking forward to kid v black star, but seeing maka and soul pull off a new technique is fine too, though I was expecting a little more for a DS.
I came up with a theory about this whole thing. Remember back in the chapter where Maka defeated Arachne and Medusa took her body? Remember how Medusa said that the body was rejecting her (or resisting her) somewhat? Possibly, Arachne could have left part of her soul within her own body just in case something went wrong. Though this is just a theory but it could make some sense.
Jul 27, 2010 8:40 PM
Aug 2008
pleman said:
Good chapter though I'm getting a bit tired of Maka and Soul getting owned all the time, they just need to kick some ass, cos its getting boring!

Nope, I'm fine with them getting owned all the time.

Giriko needs to liiiive!!!
Jul 28, 2010 7:33 AM

Jul 2009
This chapter finally got around to being scanlated. I seems like it was a week or so late this time...A neat chapter, though I was expecting more. Giriko is cool though.
Jul 28, 2010 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
I really can't wait for the next chapter, it has got to be black vs kidd! I think black will win, before kidds combat ability was better but black star has been training with stein so its going to be interesting

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Jul 29, 2010 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
giriko is... a girl now? 'dude looks like a lady'
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 29, 2010 1:41 AM
Jun 2009
I like Giriko's new form for the fact that it makes him look many times more insane and epic. in his old body he looked a bit like an arrogant douche. in this one he actually looks like he, well she now, would just rip you apart while laughing about it. she just looks way more epic and insane. I love how the hair pointy things turn into chainsaws when she uses her power.

as for the soul thing, it could be just a part of her soul. after all thats how she escaped originally by breaking her soul into fragments that were in all those spiders, i think.or she could have just killed off another witch and used her soul as coverup.
Jul 29, 2010 1:43 AM
Jun 2009
Anitnelav said:

But I'm looking forward to Kidd & Black Star's battle.

well they are big for him. after all originally there was absolotly nothing there.
Jul 30, 2010 8:43 AM

Aug 2007
Anitnelav said:

Well they certainly aren't small...

lol Giriko being a girl now is kinda cool. I dunno whether to call him a he or she now, though.

I really hope Arachne isn't still alive, but Giriko made it sound like she was.
Aug 3, 2010 11:38 AM

Jun 2010
I may not have read it all properly but the soul that soul ate to become a death scythe (the witches soul) belonged to Arachne, now I might not understand soul eater but everytime something dies it leaves its soul... if her soul was left behind then I think you can assume she is dead...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Aug 3, 2010 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
Arachne isn't dead?! :|

All their efforts wasted.. hah!

Also my vote goes to Kid for their battle.

Then again neither of them have weapons...
or maybe kid does?

Also... couldn't they just reverse the soul wavelength again with girlicco?
I don't see the problem with him being back.
...her
Aug 4, 2010 7:58 PM

Mar 2010
hmmm Black Star really can relax everywhere XD
Chapter was hmm okay, waiting for next :P

BTW I love when Soul is playing ^^
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 5, 2010 12:21 PM

Apr 2007
So, Giriko will be a girl from now on...I guess I can live with that.

Can't wait for Black Star vs. Kid :3
Aug 7, 2010 7:39 AM

Mar 2010
Notoriety said:
I doubt Arachne is alive as they took her soul and Soul apparently gained some kinda special move from it, Megaman-like. I guess it's possible that she had two or is hiding dormant in it or something but I just don't get the feeling that that is the case.

Then again, the whole exchange between them was probably put there for a reason. It doesn't make sense that they would bother to talk about it otherwise.
It probably similar to Tsubaki's Shadow Star abilities.
KantonKageXAug 7, 2010 9:20 AM
Aug 8, 2010 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Can't wait for DEATH THE KID vs BLACK STAR . . Its gonna be total pawnage . I have no idea who my fandom favours .
Aug 15, 2010 6:15 PM

Dec 2007
The author has once again screwed Maaka and Soul in order to highlight Black Star, who is going for his macho fight all alone and shit against Kid possesed by insanity. Also it is implied that Arachne is alive, and if that is the case, then no important villain has died yet, in a bimontly manga...

I feel like we're gonna get trolled in the next chapter, almost as much as how Ookubo trolls Maaka and Soul, who seem to lose almost every powerup they get from previous chapters.
Aug 28, 2010 1:26 AM

Nov 2008
I like those gender benders going all the way of this arc XD. Also, Black Star seems so grown up, character developement in shonen manga, how unusual...
Aug 28, 2010 1:26 AM

Nov 2008
I like those gender benders going all the way of this arc XD. Also, Black Star seems so grown up, character developement in shonen manga, how unusual...
Aug 30, 2010 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
So Giriko is a full transvestite now, eh ?
Nov 11, 2010 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
wtf I'm glad Giriko is alive and I didn't think he'd go down that easy but now he's a chick? interesting....
Nov 11, 2010 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
wtf I'm glad Giriko is alive and I didn't think he'd go down that easy but now he's a chick? interesting....
Nov 11, 2010 10:31 AM

Nov 2010
Really looking forward for the battle between Kiddo-kun and BlackStar. It better not be a disappointment.
健全なる "魂"は、
健全なる精神と、
健全なる肉体に宿る

(Kenzen naru "tamashii" wa,
Kenzen naru seishin to,
Kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru.)
Jun 11, 2012 9:03 AM
Jul 2018

Next will be Kid vs. Black Star.
Glad that Maka returned to her normal self.
Oct 11, 2012 11:37 AM

Feb 2012
Eh, I thought this chapter would start with Black Star vs. Kid, guess it's next chapter then.

Glad that Maka and Soul didn't win, it always seems so easy for them. Arachne might be alive, it doesn't quite make sense with out information but I would welcome it.
Dec 15, 2012 6:30 AM

Jul 2011
Girrico's clone is amazing ! So the Brew has a lot of skills !

Death the kid wait for is his biggest rival Black Star !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.